20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 130.
#4651 1 year ago

Getting closer and closer!

20230118_170729 (resized).jpg20230118_170729 (resized).jpg20230118_171607 (resized).jpg20230118_171607 (resized).jpg20230118_171729 (resized).jpg20230118_171729 (resized).jpg
#4652 1 year ago

Zoinks! Spooky Doo! That is awesome, excitement building!

#4653 1 year ago

That’s a huge piece of upper pf

#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Gotta keep in mind it takes twice as long to code two games. I am not in the least bit surprised that code is taking so long on HWN/UM honestly, especially with the fawzma hiccup. It will get there.

Yeah, they chose what they chose and managed it how they managed it. If Having a code on ultraman this far out where the font is too large to read vs the size of the screen in certain modes doesn’t surprise you then you had incredibly low expectations (one example of many). I don’t want to turn this into a bashing thread. I love spooky. I think they do listen to us. They are active in the forums and you can tell they are true pinball enthusiasts. I believe they learned a lot from the last launch and are applying it to scooby.

79CBFE26-141F-4734-912C-B7C2C1C3C6EA (resized).png79CBFE26-141F-4734-912C-B7C2C1C3C6EA (resized).png
#4655 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Getting closer and closer!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fuckin' A fellas!! Looking strong!

#4656 1 year ago

Toppers look good.

#4657 1 year ago

I forgot to bookmark the other Google Doc of all of the accounted for numbers. Does someone want to post that again so I don't have to look through the hype again to find it?

#4658 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I forgot to bookmark the other Google Doc of all of the accounted for numbers. Does someone want to post that again so I don't have to look through the hype again to find it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/64#post-7293945

Its in the key posts at the top also.

#4659 1 year ago

Looking awesome. Still waiting on side armor or putting that on last?

#4660 1 year ago

Thanks for the quick response! (Never noticed that feature before)

#4661 1 year ago

Can’t wait to play this
I might have to sell my AFM to get this
Good job Spooky

88527494-830E-4F19-842E-38CA9BAE6C95 (resized).jpeg88527494-830E-4F19-842E-38CA9BAE6C95 (resized).jpeg
#4662 1 year ago

Have many of you Spooky owners experienced a lack of quality with other Spooky machines. I am/was interested in possibly getting my first Spooky, but people have been steering me away. They say the games usually have a high rate of breaking down, not working out of the box, etc. is this true? My buddy had a Halloween and said it was the worst game he ever owned and sold it at huge loss. I know it is pinball and things will eventually break, but I at least want to get a few plays in before all holy hell breaks loose. I have/had a Rush Premium. Great game, but there is a major design flaw that fries the node 10 board. I went through three and waited awhile for Stern to address this issue. Got tired of waiting and sold it for a big loss. Ya, I could have waited but got sick of the cut and paste replies from support. Anyhow.... should I wade into the Spooky waters?

#4663 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Have many of you Spooky owners experienced a lack of quality with other Spooky machines. I am/was interested in possibly getting my first Spooky, but people have been steering me away. They say the games usually have a high rate of breaking down, not working out of the box, etc. is this true? My buddy had a Halloween and said it was the worst game he ever owned and sold it at huge loss. I know it is pinball and things will eventually break, but I at least want to get a few plays in before all holy hell breaks loose. I have/had a Rush Premium. Great game, but there is a major design flaw that fries the node 10 board. I went through three and waited awhile for Stern to address this issue. Got tired of waiting and sold it for a big loss. Ya, I could have waited but got sick of the cut and paste replies from support. Anyhow.... should I wade into the Spooky waters?

You will get lots of different opinions on this question. No rush (pun). Wait....see how things go once the games get out in the wild and then make a decision. You'll have plenty of people selling spots for a while.

#4664 1 year ago

#32 getting close!! Can’t wait!!!! Thanks so much for the update!!!

A2FDFBBA-EE94-4973-8980-3E59532EFA20 (resized).jpegA2FDFBBA-EE94-4973-8980-3E59532EFA20 (resized).jpeg
#4665 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

No worse than stern or anyone else, and lately Sterns QC has been not great. Bond playfields with more orange peel than an orange. Plus with Sterns price increase more bang for your buck going with Spooky. No issues with my Halloween other than the powder coat. 2k clear coat fixed that.

Sold my RUSH LE to pay for Spooky. I am out with NIB Stern. Prices have gotten nuts with them. $9800 for a premium?!! And $6900 for a pro?

#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fuckin' A fellas!! Looking strong!

Thank you! Feels good!

Quoted from iceman44:

Toppers look good.

Yeah for a fairly simple topper it looks stunning on top the game in my opinion. The art on this topper just particularly looks sharp to me.

Quoted from PappaDubz:

Can’t wait to play this
I might have to sell my AFM to get this
Good job Spooky
[quoted image]

That would be a high honor!

#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Looking awesome. Still waiting on side armor or putting that on last?

Yep we always put it on last thing so it doesn't get dinged up or scratched

#4668 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No worse than stern or anyone else, and lately Sterns QC has been not great. Bond playfields with more orange peel than an orange. Plus with Sterns price increase more bang for your buck going with Spooky. No issues with my Halloween other than the powder coat. 2k clear coat fixed that.
Sold my RUSH LE to pay for Spooky. I am out with NIB Stern. Prices have gotten nuts with them. $9800 for a premium?!! And $6900 for a pro?

Same boat. I refuse to pay current Stern NIB prices anytime soon, when nothing has improved on them at all. My TBL finally lands tomorrow, and then I wait on Scooby. Halloween for me has been pretty much great, except for my clear coat where my hands rest. I've just ignored it for now, I'm lazy.

#4669 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Got mine in August. Rock solid, no problems.

#4670 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I have a butter RaM I purchased second hand, and also butter UM and non-butter TNA CE that I purchased NIB. I am happy with all three and I’m in for Scooby CE. If you’re worried about Scooby not being great, wait until you get to play one, there will be enough around that even if it’s the best game ever you’ll be able to buy one for a % over MSRP.

#4671 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

R&M Standard was my first/only NIB purchase. As one of the last machines built, most of the typical design/assembly growing pains and kinks had been worked out. So with that frame of reference:

- I have never once felt a lack of quality, or general indifference, in terms of the overall design and assembly intent. The cabinet is solid, the playfield is one of the best you can get, the mechs are generally proven standard components, and the fit-and-finish and overall assembly was on point: nothing was loose or broken, everything lined up right, etc. Played 100% perfect right out of the box (er, van, since I picked it up at Spooky and it was out of the box by request but, whatever). And going on 2 years later and a couple thousand plays (though not so many in recent months as I've been beyond busy and stressed), I've never had a game-breaking issue.

- My main challenges were those endemic to the design of R&M as a game, i.e. dialing in shots and rails and ramps and other fiddly adjustments to make it shoot "smooth". This is a highly subjective point, as R&M was specifically designed to be a brutal ass-kicker, which is why it's so controversial. It's hard to know the difference between "Play Betterrr!!!" and "POS brickfest game!" sometimes. Every copy is different, every player has their own tastes... but there was lots of feedback and advice in the owner's thread to find a happy consistent medium.

- HOWEVER, there are indeed things that were irksome. The stock habitrail was a flimsy and inconsistent (but functional, technically) design. The ship's wobble effect hinge was stupidly made of rigid plastic perfectly tailor made to break at some point. The questionable change to single-wound flipper coils caused lots of performance issues which took a while to get sorted out with code (which Eric eventually did admirably). The stock power supply fan gave aircraft turbines a run for the decibel record. Spooky's apparent investment in hot glue stocks means connectors can be wonky. The manual is woefully incomplete, and the game's motheroards are PC commodity class and can be problematic, so pity those who are trying to work on this game in 10-20 years.

- Perhaps worst of all, they opted to use a thinner playfield but didn't realize use of standard-size (now too-tall) flipper bushings would muck up the flippers and shots... it took a long while again for them to catch this oversight and get special reduced-height bushings made, which made a HUGE improvement in the feel of the game. They provided the revised parts for free. But man, that kind of rookie mistake / unforced error, on the most foundational aspect of a pinball game, is truly kind of baffling.

All that said, would I buy a Spooky again? Would I recommend them to anyone else? Resounding YES on both. While some of the problems and issues are frankly silly and stupid, I've been around manufacturing and R&D enough to understand how such things can happen - we're only human after all. And the vast majority of games from today all the way back to WMS / BLY and GTB days, all had some sort of service bulletins, revised parts, and/or other annoying service issues or design flaws of one kind or another. I'm sure there are a few lemon Spooky games out there but again, so too for almost any other title.

In the end what comes through is Spooky's passion for pinball, willingness to own mistakes and improve, and commitment to customers. From my own experience and observation, anyway. Others may differ.

But I'm a Spooky fan for life... and if I was made of bank I'd be lined up for SD for sure!

#4672 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Of course I’ve heard the negative chatter about Spooky quality too. I can only speak to my personal experience. I own games from all the major manufacturers. I’ve had an Alice Cooper in my collection for two years now. ACNC has given me ZERO problems in all the time I’ve owned it. It gets as much play as any of my other titles, and I very much enjoy it. ACNC is a big reason why I put my deposit down on Scooby CE on day one. I have high hopes for this game, and I think Spooky will come through for me. Given the negative talk about quality. I understand your hesitation. It’s an expensive purchase, and if the quality is poor it will be a terrible burn. As others have said, maybe you should wait until the game has been out for a while and people start selling them on the secondary market. But for me I’m glad to be in on an NIB.

#4673 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I feel where you are at. I have never owned a spooky before, and have heard the same critique about them. Always broken down, always having to tweak stuff, etc. I played a Rick and Morty and it felt solid, but on site it did seem to be down more than the others. With Scooby it was a holy grail theme for me, and with that I was sold. I did go to a location and they had ACNC and I played it for a ridiculously long time (not because I'm good, but because I kept feeding it quarters). It felt great! It was well built, the playfield was nice the shots were tight, but felt like they should be. It was a great experience, and then I knew I had made the right decision at selling an organ for Scooby Doo, lol. But in all seriousness, I think I made a great decision after spending time with both machines. Also, this is a home environment where you probably won't be slamming the machine across the floor or anything. They feel premium and high end. I'm not regretting my day one order and nor should you. But hey I'm just an average pinballer what do I know.

#4674 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I have a Rush Premium as well. March 2022 build. No issues. But I’m scared to death now about the Node 10 issue.

#4675 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I feel where you are at. I have never owned a spooky before, and have heard the same critique about them. Always broken down, always having to tweak stuff, etc. I played a Rick and Morty and it felt solid, but on site it did seem to be down more than the others. With Scooby it was a holy grail theme for me, and with that I was sold. I did go to a location and they had ACNC and I played it for a ridiculously long time (not because I'm good, but because I kept feeding it quarters). It felt great! It was well built, the playfield was nice the shots were tight, but felt like they should be. It was a great experience, and then I knew I had made the right decision at selling an organ for Scooby Doo, lol. But in all seriousness, I think I made a great decision after spending time with both machines. Also, this is a home environment where you probably won't be slamming the machine across the floor or anything. They feel premium and high end. I'm not regretting my day one order and nor should you. But hey I'm just an average pinballer what do I know.

Scooby is a grail theme for my family also. I really love Halloween and I am not a fan of the movies but my wife and daughter likes them. I enjoyed the pin even before after I finally watched the movie for the first time last November, and I enjoyed the game even more.

So for me Scooby was a no brainer and look forward to the code evolving both games. I am not a great player but really just have fun. Can’t wait!

#4676 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

It seems like HOme use and location use are two different animals as far as reliability on HW. Talk to some guys who route them. Many issues that prevent it from being solid on location. Both times I was at a tournament Hw was pulled from the tournament, silly little things like machine messed up the players ball count, not registering properly, needing to reboot the machine on player 3 ball 3 urg, but at home this wouldn’t happen. In fact I haven’t seen HW ever make it the whole day in a tournament. It’s a super fun game, I enjoy it more then TS4, seems like no real issues for single player games, but a routers nightmare.

I love the gameplay and game itself.

#4677 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It seems like HOme use and location use are two different animals as far as reliability on HW. Talk to some guys who route them. Many issues that prevent it from being solid on location. Both times I was at a tournament Hw was pulled from the tournament, silly little things like machine messed up the players ball count, not registering properly, needing to reboot the machine on player 3 ball 3 urg, but at home this wouldn’t happen. In fact I haven’t seen HW ever make it the whole day in a tournament. It’s a super fun game, I enjoy it more then TS4, seems like no real issues for single player games, but a routers nightmare.
I love the gameplay and game itself.

I've never owned a Spooky pin before, but losing track of ball count is something my Oktoberfest did occasionally and it was a factor in my eventually selling it. That kind of stuff just sucks the enjoyment out of a game, even in a home environment.

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

It’s a HUGE swing in quantity control from my experience. Some people get A1 working pins some get what I got with R&M.

I don’t want to get too deep into it, I love R&M but mine was the most cussed NIB pin I’ve ever bought and never did shoot correctly. I choose not to drill new holes and remove and replace all the flipper mechanisms to install correct spacers. Rant off.

#4679 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

R&M Standard was my first/only NIB purchase. As one of the last machines built, most of the typical design/assembly growing pains and kinks had been worked out. So with that frame of reference:
- I have never once felt a lack of quality, or general indifference, in terms of the overall design and assembly intent. The cabinet is solid, the playfield is one of the best you can get, the mechs are generally proven standard components, and the fit-and-finish and overall assembly was on point: nothing was loose or broken, everything lined up right, etc. Played 100% perfect right out of the box (er, van, since I picked it up at Spooky and it was out of the box by request but, whatever). And going on 2 years later and a couple thousand plays (though not so many in recent months as I've been beyond busy and stressed), I've never had a game-breaking issue.
- My main challenges were those endemic to the design of R&M as a game, i.e. dialing in shots and rails and ramps and other fiddly adjustments to make it shoot "smooth". This is a highly subjective point, as R&M was specifically designed to be a brutal ass-kicker, which is why it's so controversial. It's hard to know the difference between "Play Betterrr!!!" and "POS brickfest game!" sometimes. Every copy is different, every player has their own tastes... but there was lots of feedback and advice in the owner's thread to find a happy consistent medium.
- HOWEVER, there are indeed things that were irksome. The stock habitrail was a flimsy and inconsistent (but functional, technically) design. The ship's wobble effect hinge was stupidly made of rigid plastic perfectly tailor made to break at some point. The questionable change to single-wound flipper coils caused lots of performance issues which took a while to get sorted out with code (which Eric eventually did admirably). The stock power supply fan gave aircraft turbines a run for the decibel record. Spooky's apparent investment in hot glue stocks means connectors can be wonky. The manual is woefully incomplete, and the game's motheroards are PC commodity class and can be problematic, so pity those who are trying to work on this game in 10-20 years.
- Perhaps worst of all, they opted to use a thinner playfield but didn't realize use of standard-size (now too-tall) flipper bushings would muck up the flippers and shots... it took a long while again for them to catch this oversight and get special reduced-height bushings made, which made a HUGE improvement in the feel of the game. They provided the revised parts for free. But man, that kind of rookie mistake / unforced error, on the most foundational aspect of a pinball game, is truly kind of baffling.
All that said, would I buy a Spooky again? Would I recommend them to anyone else? Resounding YES on both. While some of the problems and issues are frankly silly and stupid, I've been around manufacturing and R&D enough to understand how such things can happen - we're only human after all. And the vast majority of games from today all the way back to WMS / BLY and GTB days, all had some sort of service bulletins, revised parts, and/or other annoying service issues or design flaws of one kind or another. I'm sure there are a few lemon Spooky games out there but again, so too for almost any other title.
In the end what comes through is Spooky's passion for pinball, willingness to own mistakes and improve, and commitment to customers. From my own experience and observation, anyway. Others may differ.
But I'm a Spooky fan for life... and if I was made of bank I'd be lined up for SD for sure!

Well said about R&M. They say Spooky listens and that’s great. But were they not listening when everyone said the glass rattle was off the hook. I think R&M is one of the best flawed pins ever with the shot geometry was tight but should’ve worked (I love brutal pins) except the ball guide were unfair stupid, my ball feeds the upper flipper but it’s a few mm away from the flipper, what the heck I have to reach out with the flipper to make contact with the ball that’s impossible to get a shot dialed in. And the flipper bushings? Balls flying off the ramp?

#4680 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I purchased and still own 2 NIB spooky pins (R&M, HWN). Only issue I had was a topper being damaged during shipping a Spooky had a new one in the mail to me same day. I expect the same will be true for my Scooby. Obviously some peoples machines have had issues but Spooky is known for there services so I don’t worry about it.

#4681 1 year ago

Have many of you Spooky owners experienced a lack of quality with other Spooky machines. I am/was interested in possibly getting my first Spooky, but people have been steering me away. They say the games usually have a high rate of breaking down, not working out of the box, etc. is this true?

I can only go on my own experience. I own a TNA 2.0 #136, there is a video on Arcade hunter on YouTube showing its unboxing. Little Shop of Games is my distributor, they sorted the game out and delivered it to my game room. Outstanding job BTY. There were several issues at set up, a weird double boot up that never repeated itself, as well as switch and sling adjustments and some targets that did not register. These were not pursuant to shipping and a connection coming loose, they required physical manipulation to sort. This tells me that once the game comes off the line, there is not a QC person touching EVERY target and confirming they are operating before boxing, just don't see how you can come to a different conclusion. This....is.... unacceptable. It is the very reason I have not ordered a Scooby Do CE, although I grew up on the IP, it would be a permanent part of my collection. I won't buy until they have been evaluated by their owners and the community. Having said that, I will say that now that it has been sorted, I thoroughly enjoy my TNA, I wish Spooky the best but until they have a better handle on this, they simply will not get any more of my money.

#4682 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Have many of you Spooky owners experienced a lack of quality with other Spooky machines. I am/was interested in possibly getting my first Spooky, but people have been steering me away. They say the games usually have a high rate of breaking down, not working out of the box, etc. is this true?

I've owned every Spooky machine put out and had very few issues with any of them. Basic tweaking of this or that, just like any other pinball but have not had one major issue with any of them. I would say I've had more problems with Stern than I've had with Spooky and owned lots of those as well. Spooky support is amazing if/when you need help, I would not hesitate for a second.

#4683 1 year ago

I am undecided with regards to purchasing a Scooby Doo at this point, will wait for game play. That said, I can't say enough good things about Spooky's customer service. I have had minor issues with my Halloween and they were addressed in an expedient manner and they were always available to answer questions and help me trouble shoot. Shout out to AJ and Squirrel (Morgan?) for their awesome customer service. I would not hesitate to buy another Spooky.

#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am out with NIB Stern. Prices have gotten nuts with them. $9800 for a premium?!! And $6900 for a pro?

I agree with you, prices are ridiculous, but isn't this game $9769.00 plus tax and shipping?

#4685 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I agree with you, prices are ridiculous, but isn't this game $9769.00 plus tax and shipping?

This is something I actually do want to touch on value wise. Something I think Many people forget is our CE includes many features you won't find on a Stern premium.

We include:
Illusion powder coated bill door
Custom Matt Frank interior graphics
Scooby Custom autolaunch button
Matt Frank art RGB LED Topper
Lighted Speaker grill kit
Laser cut speaker grills
Laser cut Custom side armour
RGB LED flipper buttons
Upgraded Illusion powder coat on the full game.
5 Illusion coated habitrails
Spooky Green plastic protectors
All LEDs in game are full color RGB
Physical knocker and shaker

And we do all this at the same price point! There is alot of value and ALOT of money in that list.

#4686 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is something I actually do want to touch on value wise. Something I think Many people forget is our CE includes many features you won't find on a Stern premium.
We include:
Laser cut speaker grills
RGB LED flipper buttons
And we do all this at the same price point! There is alot of value and ALOT of money in that list.

Amen, the CE Scooby blows any Stern premium away feature wise, and at a slightly lower price.

#4687 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

But look what you get for a Spooky CE compared to a Stern premium. Apparently you didn’t read my entire post. A spooky CE is cheaper than a Stern LE and you get a topper with it. So my point still stands, it is about what you get for your money.

#4688 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

If we are comparing apples to apples, then Spooky's CE would be most comparable to Stern LE or JJP CE. Spooky is several thousand cheaper.

#4689 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Amen, the CE Scooby blows any Stern premium away feature wise, and at a slightly lower price.

100% the prices of Stern are outrageous. Especially when my ST Premium came with extended and power coated side rails back in the $6700 days. Stern removed stuff so they can sell aftermarket for several hundreds and raised the price several thousand in time.

#4690 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We include:
Laser cut speaker grills
RGB LED flipper buttons

You forgot something…this is a widebody…that’s a big boost as well. Can’t wait for Scooby!

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

If you want the top tier, blinged out version of the game and live in a state with sales tax, yes.

For me, I'm paying $7769 plus shipping (no sales tax in NH) for the SE, and for just $769 more than a Stern Pro, I could come with an equally long list as SpookyLuke of gameplay features the SE has over a Stern Pro (upper PF, 4 flippers, 3 magnets, 2 sets of inline drop banks, cool physical ball locks, 3 slings, unique upper flipper, drop target between lower flippers, a few pretty decent sculpts, enough wireforms to make Capcom Airborne slowly lower its' sunglasses...etc.). It's only $9,769 if you want a ton of extra add-ons on top of an already loaded 2-level widebody.

#4692 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We include:
Laser cut speaker grills
RGB LED flipper buttons

That’s why I made my post. I am out with Stern because why would I spend the same amount of money on a NIB Stern premium vs a NIB Spooky CE which is somewhat an equivalent to a Stern LE but still cheaper than Stern by $3+ going by their new price point. But no topper, no speaker lights, no amp, and a crappy subwoofer.

No more NIN Stern. If I buy I buy used. Spooky is getting my NIB money. I don’t understand how some people can’t see what you get when buying a Spooky pin.

Thanks Luke!! Can’t wait for Scooby to go next to Halloween and any other game you put out that my family wants.

#4693 1 year ago

Personally I wouldn't buy any pinball machine (see: Bond) until you know that it's actually *fun*. Powdercoat and a bunch of whistles and bells are nice, but if the game's not fun, the machine isn't fulfilling its primary job. Not to say that Bond won't eventually be fun, or Scooby won't eventually be fun (either on day 1 or 18 months from now), but right now we're operating on no real data.

So, I'd wait.

#4694 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

I can only go on my own experience. I own a TNA 2.0 #136, there is a video on Arcade hunter on YouTube showing its unboxing. Little Shop of Games is my distributor, they sorted the game out and delivered it to my game room. Outstanding job BTY. There were several issues at set up, a weird double boot up that never repeated itself, as well as switch and sling adjustments and some targets that did not register. These were not pursuant to shipping and a connection coming loose, they required physical manipulation to sort. This tells me that once the game comes off the line, there is not a QC person touching EVERY target and confirming they are operating before boxing, just don't see how you can come to a different conclusion. This....is.... unacceptable. It is the very reason I have not ordered a Scooby Do CE, although I grew up on the IP, it would be a permanent part of my collection. I won't buy until they have been evaluated by their owners and the community. Having said that, I will say that now that it has been sorted, I thoroughly enjoy my TNA, I wish Spooky the best but until they have a better handle on this, they simply will not get any more of my money.

Post #4671 sums it up…

#4695 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Personally I wouldn't buy any pinball machine (see: Bond) until you know that it's actually *fun*. Powdercoat and a bunch of whistles and bells are nice, but if the game's not fun, the machine isn't fulfilling its primary job. Not to say that Bond won't eventually be fun, or Scooby won't eventually be fun (either on day 1 or 18 months from now), but right now we're operating on no real data.
So, I'd wait.

The point is the discussion right now is about value for your money, not if a game is fun or not. You can wait and anyone else can wait till they play it. For me and my family we love Halloween and have faith that we will love Scooby as well. Plus I didn’t want to wait 8 months or more for it.

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You forgot something…this is a widebody…that’s a big boost as well. Can’t wait for Scooby!

You forgot another one...Spooky responds and posts on Pinside...

On the other topic I am second owner of an ACNC and no major issues plays great and I love it and sold two older machines to fund SDCE. Had some minor issues that happen with any machine... (The top crossbar on the guillotine came off so I had glue it back down, I had a wire break loose on a coil and yes I do have a shaker motor so things like that will happen and this is a long parenthetical)

#4697 1 year ago

I get what you all are saying, and I do agree with the value of what your getting. I have bought new, in box games from Spooky and Stern, last one being Metallica Pro, but in resent years have been priced out of new in box games. I absolutely love the theme and can't wait to play one, but just can't see myself paying $10k for one. Hopefully the new programmer writes something special with this game, it definitely deserves it.

#4698 1 year ago

I know Spooky moved away from options....but it would be great to have the option to purchase non reflective glass up front. Saves some shipping cost when ordering and dealing with shipping glass...

#4699 1 year ago

Thankfully pinball is subjective so there are people who will like this game just like some people enjoy eating bull's testicles. It's not for me, but good luck to you if you make that choice.

#4700 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Nope. Depends on the model you chose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/94?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.