20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 130.
#4151 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did you tell them you're losing money on the swap and not profiting on it?

I doubt the distributor cares. They are likely looking at it as a paperwork fee. They are charging the money to update their records.

#4152 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

From Joe's email itself...
* Spooky deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CANCELLABLE, NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Spooky's rules. You can sell your spot if you desire with a $ 200 fee being taking off your deposit being transferred to the new owner. Basically, as we always say - DO NOT order if you do not intend to take possession of the game and have the means now or later to pay for it. We do not want anyone losing a deposit so please make adult decisions.

Yeah seems pretty straight forward. Don't get caught in the fomo if you are not serious and look to transfer two weeks later it will cost you $200 plus you have to find a buyer.

#4153 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did you tell them you're losing money on the swap and not profiting on it?

Yes.

Quoted from Capn12:

From Joe's email itself...
* Spooky deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CANCELLABLE, NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Spooky's rules. You can sell your spot if you desire with a $ 200 fee being taking off your deposit being transferred to the new owner. Basically, as we always say - DO NOT order if you do not intend to take possession of the game and have the means now or later to pay for it. We do not want anyone losing a deposit so please make adult decisions.

Just thought 'good will' building a relationship would get me something (I already bought TNA and R&M from Joe in the past).

#4154 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Just thought 'good will' and building a relationship would get me something (I already bought TNA and R&M from Joe in the past)

From a small business standpoint the way I look at it that, even though it appears to be a simple administrative request it will require time to complete and if hundreds decide the same thing that's hundreds of hours...Time is money...

#4155 1 year ago

CE #536 from Classic Game Rooms.

#4156 1 year ago

I paid my CE deposit on the 24th with Nitro, no spot # yet. Have others got their spot # from Nitro?

#4157 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

From a small business standpoint the way I look at it that, even though it appears to be a simple administrative request it will require time to complete and if hundreds decide the same thing that's hundreds of hours...Time is money...

I agree, but at the same time, I can just go to xyz dealer next time.

Small business owners reply to emails and other mundane paperwork and I don’t get a bill for that. Maybe they could charge for answering the phone or replying to an email but if the did I’d go elsewhere.

I don’t want to derail this hype thread anymore.

Just waiting for some gameplay video let’s go!

#4158 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I paid my CE deposit on the 24th with Nitro, no spot # yet. Have others got their spot # from Nitro?

Yes, we received ours a week after the launch/order day.

#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Small business owners reply to emails and other mundane paperwork and I don’t get a bill for that. Maybe they could charge for answering the phone or replying to an email but if the fid I’d go elsewhere.

As a small business owner myself, I never want any customer to be dissatisfied. I guarantee my fees and customer satisfaction, but I also do this as I provide a service as a part of my business..not a physical good. Often times I suggest fees and allow them to choose what to pay. Of course, there are many times when clients just take obvious advantage. I just take it on the chin and move on, but I usually don’t have the ability to help them in the future when they come back. I always hope that clients and customers do the right thing. If satisfied, just pay the the very reasonable fee. I’m sure if your wife lost your job and your situation unexpectedly changed, Joe wouldn’t charge you and he’d away from the policy he very clearly laid out. But if you’re selling because you bought too many NIB games…well I would hope you’d do the right thing and pay the $200 transfer fee as clearly outlined before purchasing. He’s probably done right by you on your past purchases.

#4160 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:I agree, but at the same time, I can just go to xyz dealer next time.
Small business owners reply to emails and other mundane paperwork and I don’t get a bill for that. Maybe they could charge for answering the phone or replying to an email but if the fid I’d go elsewhere.
I don’t want to derail this hype thread anymore.
Just waiting for some gameplay video let’s go!

As a small business owner myself we attach $$$ amounts to simple tasks. And yes some of them we do because it’s the right thing to do, but there’s other items we don’t do because we will never recoup money. Most of those tasks are administrative.

Also, we do add in part of the costs for some of the administrative work done in the overall cost. Similar to companies like Walmart marking up products to account for theft. Etc

#4161 1 year ago

On a hype thread note…. I’m so pumped for Scooby to get here. I’m hoping #89 sneaks me into February delivery date.

I have a million scooby doo toys and things I want to buy but I almost feel like I need to wait until it gets here to get most of them

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was trying to sell my game have several interested buyers, but dealer told me there is a $200 transfer fee. Is there any recourse to get out of this transfer fee?

Nope start of the loss process.

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are back and working away! We managed to secure a pretty cool surprise for you guys that we are going to announce next week!

Can't wait to see what this suprise is!! The word "secure" leads me to believe it's a licensed asset which is super exciting!! Maybe the "coin, coin, coin" attract mode sound? Maybe some chase scene music? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great!!

#4164 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Can't wait to see what this suprise is!! The word "secure" leads me to believe it's a licensed asset which is super exciting!! Maybe the "coin, coin, coin" attract mode sound? Maybe some chase scene music? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great!!

I believe that they already have the full assets for seasons 1 and 2.

#4165 1 year ago

I still want to see some actual gameplay footage.

#4166 1 year ago

Yes! Scrappy Doo is IN!

#4167 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes! Scrappy Doo is IN!

I’m out!

#4168 1 year ago

CE 415. Excited!

#4169 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes! Scrappy Doo is IN!

Hellz no!!

If scrappy doo is in, I'm also OUT....lol

#4170 1 year ago

If scrappy doo is in, I'm also out....lol

Yeah

9EE849EC-2430-4987-B2B1-B4C0BF2A55B3.gif9EE849EC-2430-4987-B2B1-B4C0BF2A55B3.gif
#4171 1 year ago

If scrappy doo is in, I'm also OUT....lol

If your game numbers are before 300 I'll be happy to take them off your hands

#4172 1 year ago

I’m so excited about #302, i am assuming mid spring!

#4173 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

If your game numbers are before 300 I'll be happy to take them off your hands

#312 here, but I know Scrappy isn't in the game. Spooky has said they secured the license for the original "Scooby-Doo where are you" series which ran 2 seasons and was 25 (?) episodes. There was no such thing as the abomination called Scrappy Doo in the original series thank the almighty Jesus.

#4174 1 year ago

#312 here, but I know Scrappy isn't in There was no such thing as the abomination called Scrappy Doo in the original series thank the almighty Jesus.

LOL yes sir!

#4175 1 year ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Yes, we received ours a week after the launch/order day.

Ok, good to know. It's coming up 2 weeks at the end of this week for me. I'm not optomistic about the production number assuming they're allocated of general production, not a specific sequence. Interested to see just how far down the line it is.

#4176 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Ok, good to know. It's coming up 2 weeks at the end of this week for me. I'm not optomistic about the production number assuming they're allocated of general production, not a specific sequence. Interested to see just how far down the line it is.

Can I ask why you didn’t go through the Aussie distributor? Would make it easier when shipping comes.

#4177 1 year ago

#312 here, but I know Scrappy isn't in the game. Spooky has said they secured the license for the original "Scooby-Doo where are you" series which ran 2 seasons and was 25 (?) episodes. There was no such thing as the abomination called Scrappy Doo in the original series thank the almighty Jesus.

Why do so many want less in this game?

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

In this case, more is NOT better!

Scrappy would change the vibe of this game.

See Toy Story 4 as an example.

#4179 1 year ago

One of the most annoying things I could imagine hearing out of this beautiful machine would be "Let me at em', I'll splat em'. Puppy poweeerrrr!!" Over and over and over.....Good lord, makes me shudder just thinking about it

#4180 1 year ago

One of the most annoying things I could imagine hearing out of this beautiful machine would be "Let me at em', I'll splat em'. Puppy poweeerrrr!!" Over and over and over.....Good lord, makes me shudder just imagining it

Actually, might make a good punishment clip if you tilt more than once.

RM

#4181 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Actually, might make a good punishment clip if you tilt more than once.
RM

I'd rather just let someone kick me in the nuts

#4182 1 year ago

Now that we are about a week into the new year, when are we going to see an official gameplay video? I am ready to watch another video 100 times.

#4183 1 year ago

One of the most annoying things I could imagine hearing out of this beautiful machine would be "Let me at em', I'll splat em'. Puppy poweeerrrr!!" Over and over and over.....Good lord, makes me shudder just thinking about it

LOL! Your Scrappy is spot on!
I'll now have his voice in my head for the remainder of the day.

#4184 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Now that we are about a week into the new year, when are we going to see an official gameplay video? I am ready to watch another video 100 times.

I’m guessing next week we will hear something about that.

#4185 1 year ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I still want to see some actual gameplay footage.

Quoted from RikeIsland:

After the first game is delivered?

#4186 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Right, I've watched the 3 released videos way to many times to count.

#4187 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

After the first game is delivered?

Boy, I wouldn't want to take a chance that the first gameplay video put on display could be amateur or negative in any way. Imagine someone does an unboxing and goes to turn it on and it just doesn't start. Or it does start but there's a significant issue. Or the gameplay is just terrible because the owner isn't so great at pinball, or he or she let's their kid play and it's so bad that you question if it's the player or the game. Opens up tons of variables.

I'd want to get in front of that and put out a gameplay video if I were Spooky. Live if possible. That's def going to make people who have been waiting want to buy in.

#4188 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Boy, I wouldn't want to take a chance that the first gameplay video put on display could be amateur or negative in any way. Imagine someone does an unboxing and goes to turn it on and it just doesn't start. Or it does start but there's a significant issue. Or the gameplay is just terrible because the owner isn't so great at pinball, or he or she let's their kid play and it's so bad that you question if it's the player or the game. Opens up tons of variables.
I'd want to get in front of that and put out a gameplay video if I were Spooky. Live if possible. That's def going to make people who have been waiting want to buy in.

If I open up the game and livestream it this might be the case. People critiquing my unboxing skills. Telling me I shouldn’t use a pocket knife and should use a box cutter. Telling me my pitch being set at 6.6 isn’t dialed in enough. My power strip is rated for too many joules. Hahahaha

And then I finally fire up the game and drain all 3 balls in a matter of seconds, unplug the game and walk away leaving the livestream on.

Go play some golden tee in the background for a few hours.

Haha

#4189 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

We've been through this before. Licensing timelines seem to be tight all the time and is generally what they are waiting on. I'm sure they are wanting to get code as close to ready as well before a true reveal.

#4190 1 year ago

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I thought I read from Spooky here, that they were hoping to have a live stream set up sometime this month??

#4191 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

In your particular example, less is MORE.

#4192 1 year ago

Maybe in imagining it, but I thought I read from Spooky here, that they were hoping to have a live stream set up sometime this month??

Yes, in January but that could be at the end of the month of course. Some will lose their minds in the interim.

#4193 1 year ago

It sounded like SDTM was going to get an early game and do some video with it.

#4194 1 year ago

It’s funny we are all bonded in our hate for Scrappy Doo

It’s to the point that Bug and Luke would get wedgies at the pinball shows for including his annoying little ass

#4195 1 year ago

When you drain or tilt you should be taunted by Scrappy .

#4196 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Can I ask why you didn’t go through the Aussie distributor? Would make it easier when shipping comes.

What Aussie distributor? We don't have one at the moment? GIven I've imported my share of games over the last 20+ years, it doesn't really worry me at all to sort shipping. Pretty sure Nitro will assist anyway.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4197 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes! Scrappy Doo is IN!

He is not in the game.

#4198 1 year ago

Anyone who mentions the Doo that shall not be named should be down voted into oblivion.

#4199 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone who mentions the Doo that shall not be named should be down voted into oblivion.

Why do you hate cute puppies?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4200 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why do you hate cute puppies?[quoted image]

Nothing cute about this puppy. Even Scooby dislikes him

9FDF8947-E5C5-4693-B65F-F2A9B92150F4.gif9FDF8947-E5C5-4693-B65F-F2A9B92150F4.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Severedmods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 29.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/84?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.