20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 130.
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

We give up on pinball star numbers ??

No word as of yet, that I've seen.

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I haven't gotten mine either. :/ Trying to be patient but the wait is killing me lol.

#3903 1 year ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I haven't gotten mine either. :/ Trying to be patient but the wait is killing me lol.

Same

#3904 1 year ago

Haven’t heard my number from PinballSTAR either. Definitely didn’t expect it to take this long.

#3905 1 year ago

Once pinstar numbers are released some one should be able to figure out how many were ordered unless they are playing games with the numbering system.

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Once pinstar numbers are released some one should be able to figure out how many were ordered unless they are playing games with the numbering system.

Remember, not all pinball buyers and players are on pinside.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I hear ya but I have been very impressed with the sleuthing some of these pinsiders have and can doo.

Plus being a Scooby pin extra sleuthing will only be expected.

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Right, but you'll notice Pinside didn't list every game numbered #1-50. But, we know they exist and a few folks on here have numbers in that range. Joe being the largest distro will allow folks to see how far his numbers go and compare it to what is out there. It's not like a hype thread has anything better to do while waiting for streams or games to be built.

#3909 1 year ago

Perhaps this is the reason that the numbers havnt been made available yet. If the numbers showed that hundreds were still available then that knowledge may curb sales a bit.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

#3910 1 year ago

Oh we are at the conspiracy phase now! So exciting.

#3911 1 year ago

I wouldn’t say conspiracy, just a thought. If I were selling a number of things that were limited I certainly would not want people to know how many have been sold already. Fomo is a real proven sales driver.

Quoted from Zablon:

Oh we are at the conspiracy phase now! So exciting.

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I thought I'd spill the beans and let those who haven't bought a spot yet (or are on the fence)..11 left in stock (as of 3PM PST 12/26/22)..AT Nitro Pinball. I think there are some regional restrictions though, so better to ask them personally, if not in the area..I bought a spot from them on day 1 (no affiliation).

No regional restrictions on Spooky sales.

#3913 1 year ago

There's a Scooby Doo experience at the Indianapolis Children's Museum right now. My daughter is only one, so she wouldn't get anything out of it. But man, if I needed a sign that this game was meant to be in my house, that's it!

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from NewmanJerry:

Thanks.. Normally it would be around $110 but I'll do $85 delivered to lower 48 states for this hype thread! The banner is apprx. 36'' wide and 60'' tall

I’ll take a Scoob banner for $85 shipped! Please let me know how to pay you. Thanks!

#3915 1 year ago

IMO the numbers sold up to this point are only slightly relevant. We know for certain the a large number we’re sold and some are still available.
If they put our a really good game then all those pins that are still available will be bought up. If it sucks, then they won’t and games will be cheaper on the secondary market. I’m betting on the first that once these get out there in the world and start getting played the remainder then sell out.
I guess we will wait and see, but I’m not worried about it and happy I secured mine.

#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I’ll take a Scoob banner for $85 shipped! Please let me know how to pay you. Thanks!

Ok no problem.. For anyone that would like a Scooby Doo banner just message me your email and shipping address...

#3917 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I heard from Joe on Sunday confirming there was a family medical issue he’s had to prioritize. Those sorts of things tend to make days disappear.

While I don’t know Joe and am as anxious to get numbers like everyone else, I’m very familiar with sudden family crisis and urge everyone to muster their patience.

Life can become extremely difficult in the blink of an eye and normally available resources tend to vanish around holidays.

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

There's a Scooby Doo experience at the Indianapolis Children's Museum right now. My daughter is only one, so she wouldn't get anything out of it. But man, if I needed a sign that this game was meant to be in my house, that's it!

buy that girl that game, right now.

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

I heard from Joe on Sunday confirming there was a family medical issue he’s had to prioritize. Those sorts of things tend to make days disappear.
While I don’t know Joe and am as anxious to get numbers like everyone else, I’m very familiar with sudden family crisis and urge everyone to muster their patience.
Life can become extremely difficult in the blink of an eye and normally available resources tend to vanish around holidays.

I second this sentiment - Joe is struggling with multiple unexpected family medical issues, all occuring right at the holidays.
In spite of this, he is aware of our curiosity over game numbers and is even now working to the best of his ability to get that done for us.
Joe is a great advocate for his customers and loves pinball just as much as we do. Grant him the mercy of your patience, and keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

#3920 1 year ago

I hope QC is better on Scoob than what I have been seeing in the latest run of TNA's. ...and that looks to be a much simpler game to assemble.

#3921 1 year ago

I emailed Wizard Mods regarding a magnetic speaker panel overlay for Scooby. They responded promptly and said "The artist is working on them. They will be ready in 2023". I'll most likely be ordering one as soon as they're available along with some other goodies.

#3922 1 year ago

I guess I don't understand the obsession with needing to know how many were sold .

My son is wayyyyy into monster trucks and got these the other day .
20221227_161002 (resized).jpg20221227_161002 (resized).jpg20221227_161005 (resized).jpg20221227_161005 (resized).jpg

#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I emailed Wizard Mods regarding a magnetic speaker panel overlay for Scooby. They responded promptly and said "The artist is working on them. They will be ready in 2023". I'll most likely be ordering one as soon as they're available along with some other goodies.

If I was charging almost 10 grand for a machine, I’m sure I could include some speaker panel art for my customers! This goes for “all” pinball manufacturers, not just spooky. They used to have it on pins back in the day, and started cutting costs for profit. Just ridiculous! I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to add it to these machines….

#3924 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I guess I don't understand the obsession with needing to know how many were sold .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly!
It seems like some people are just looking to justify paying for their deposit. If it’s sold out or almost sold out they can rationalize that it was a smart purchase. If it didn’t sell out or there are many available they fear they may have only bought into the FOMO.

Is that a hot wheel ? I see the track in the background.

#3925 1 year ago

Did anyone know that Scoobys fathers brothers name was Spooky Doo?

9A272D57-B54A-4084-8A2A-88707EEADC72 (resized).jpeg9A272D57-B54A-4084-8A2A-88707EEADC72 (resized).jpeg
#3926 1 year ago

When does the first batch of games ship? Thanks!

SpookyCharlie
SpookyLuke
spooky_dj

#3927 1 year ago

It’s unfortunate that Joe is dealing with family medical issues. However, if this was my business I would find time to fulfill my customers expectations.

I regret not ordering through spooky. If they could manage to keep their website functioning I would have. In the future my order will be through spooky or not at all.

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

It’s unfortunate that Joe is dealing with family medical issues. However, if this was my business I would find time to fulfill my customers expectations.

I regret not ordering through spooky. If they could manage to keep their website functioning I would have. In the future my order will be through spooky or not at all.

Your # is what it is, it's not changing whether you get it now or in a month and you aren't getting the game any sooner by getting your # sooner. I get the want to know but really who cares. Joe is about as good as they come in this community and if he hasn't provided something there's usually a pretty good reason for it.

#3929 1 year ago

I agree - I will patiently wait to get my # - Not a big deal to me - Just hope I get Scooby some time next year!

#3930 1 year ago

For when folks start getting their machines, I have created a Scooby Doo Owners Club forum.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-owners-club

#3931 1 year ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

For when folks start getting their machines, I have created a Scooby Doo Owners Club forum.

Rule breaker!!!!! They normally don't allow an owner's club until someone has the game.

#3932 1 year ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

Well, assume you are now last for posting this!

#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

Quoted from bemmett:

Rule breaker!!!!! They normally don't allow an owner's club until someone has the game.

Will the mods take this down then? I don't want to bother joining the "owners" thread if mods will just delete it since as far as I know--and as previously stated--owners' threads are no no's until the first game is in someone's possession.

#3934 1 year ago

I used to be friends with a owner of a local comic book/collectible store. You could preorder items and the orders were filled on a particular day each month. The owners father was hospitalized and he had to travel out of state for over a week during that time.

Two of the hundred or so of his regular customers sent a ridiculous amount of emails, texts, voicemails. They wanted their order and had no sympathy for the owner at all.
When he was finally able to return the two customers were shocked after they bitched and complained about the delay to have the owner say buy your shit somewhere else and never come back again.

People can be so shorty sighted. Just wait until you, your spouse, partner, child or parent is suddenly hospitalized or even worse passes away.

Quoted from insight75:

Well, assume you are now last for posting this!

#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Will the mods take this down then? I don't want to bother joining the "owners" thread if mods will just delete it since as far as I know--and as previously stated--owners' threads are no no's until the first game is in someone's possession.

Should be deleted.

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

It’s already locked,!

#3937 1 year ago

I don’t understand the rush to start the owners group. There we’re 4 started for Bond and the first official one was started by someone that cancelled his reservation.

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I don’t understand the rush to start the owners group. There we’re 4 started for Bond and the first official one was started by someone that cancelled his reservation.

It's much like everything else around here...gotta be first. It's an ego thing.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

yes but he was FIRST! It was his thread!

Did he try to sell it? Or was that another machine thread?

#3940 1 year ago

heres some very cool artwork to go on the wall next to your game.... got a little something that should arrive by next week.
https://choicefineart.com/search?type=product&q=scooby&submit=Search

#3941 1 year ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

How can someone not understand a serious family emergency? Priorities man. I run my own business and I can tell you any customer that wouldn’t understand I had a family emergency for a week that was legitimate wouldn’t be a customer of mine anymore. That person‘s business I don’t need and it’s not worth what comes with it anyway. One bad customer takes the energy needed for 50 good customers. Do the math.

J

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I was not aware of this.

But seriously, what's the big deal? People will be owning this game and I'm sure that someone will be creating the exact same thread post for it. What is the harm in creating it now?

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

I was not aware of this.
But seriously, what's the big deal? People will be owning this game and I'm sure that someone will be creating the exact same thread post for it. What is the harm in creating it now?

I believe it's because an owner's thread is for talking about the actual game. It's moderated slightly differently as there is less tolerance for trolling among non-owners. If it were created now, it would simply be a duplicate of this hype/speculation thread.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

“I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.”
Woody Allen

#3947 1 year ago

New Pinsider here. Long time pinball enthusiast. I am in on a Scooby Doo and just wanted to say Hi!

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:

Dude…Are you for real?

Obviously you have never faced any type of tragedy in your life. If so, you would realize how lame your take is.

As a small business owner myself, who nearly lost my wife in a freak accident 5 years ago, I am truly grateful for the hundreds of understanding customers I had…and still have. It will quickly give your perspective on things a reality check.

We are all excited for the game and having a rough idea when it will land. From ALL accounts Joe is top notch in every way. For him to come into a public forum and “announce” he will get numbers out in a few days and then go dark… well, it’s obviously something pretty major and most likely not good.

I hope and pray for him and those close to him everything is alright. The “need” for me to know my production number for a game months (at best) away from production seems awful insignificant compared to any family going thru a major hardship.

Joe…if you are lurking out there… hang in there brother! Take care of what you need to…the majority of us will patiently wait.

#3949 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

New Pinsider here. Long time pinball enthusiast. I am in on a Scooby Doo and just wanted to say Hi!

Welcome Hank! Gotta say… you win the day based on your screen name alone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.