20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 130.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I have ZERO insight but I would think that they realize this game IS a big deal and they want all of the emails to go out at once with no errors the first time...

I agree, and would rather it done correctly.

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Original series only so no Scooby-Dum but not a bad idea but then again probably a bad idea. He drove me nuts. Rather have Shaggy so ZOINKS or Scooby say Ruh-Ro!

49058E2C-D734-4DBF-A8A2-722568C0EEB8 (resized).jpeg49058E2C-D734-4DBF-A8A2-722568C0EEB8 (resized).jpeg

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Now if we can just get Evil Dead/Army of Darkness and Goonies realized, built and in my collection, I can forget about pinball machines and never obssess over them again!!! (yeah, right!)

When/If a Goonies pin gets revealed, THAT'S WHEN I RELIST MY GOONIES WINDOW (from the real house)

#3754 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]
Duh-Ro

This is a different series than the original 1969 "Scooby-Doo Where are you?" So, no worries about Scooby-Dum making an appearance.

#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

This is a different series than the original 1969 "Scooby-Doo Where are you?" So, no worries about Scooby-Dum making an appearance.

I’m not worried…. Sure didn’t know. Probably because I wasn’t born yet in nineteen hundred sixty nine

#3756 1 year ago

Who can keep track. Scooby Doo had more reboots than Batman!

#3757 1 year ago
03D2F340-1BA9-4F04-A46A-B29084F89517 (resized).jpeg03D2F340-1BA9-4F04-A46A-B29084F89517 (resized).jpeg
#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

[quoted image]

Yes Ma’am
I guess I didn’t dig deep enough

#3759 1 year ago

When I was a kid (early 80's), a local station out of Syracuse (WSTM) had the STM club with a membership card, prizes, a host who was a ventriloquist w/co-host "Chester Drawers" (the dummy). I couldn't wait to get off the bus, grab a snack and watch. They would feature 1/2 hour of original Scooby, and then 1/2 hr of Three Stooges.

#3760 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

When/If a Goonies pin gets revealed, THAT'S WHEN I RELIST MY GOONIES WINDOW (from the real house)

Was this recently listed in the Seattle area on Craigslist or FB? Pretty sure I saw one listed very recently!

#3761 1 year ago

I don’t get why everyone is give pinballstar a pass on having not sent out the game numbers yet. Joe himself stated we would get them last Thursday afternoon or Friday. It’s been almost 2 weeks since they were ordered and nothing from Pinballstar.

Maybe I am just used to dealing with Spooky direct (which I will in the future, assuming they can learn how to run a website and keep it from crashing), but customer service is the bread and butter of this industry. If you don’t have good customer service people will move on to a distributor that will.

#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from Fbutts5575:but customer service is the bread and butter of this industry.

please don't order a CGC remake you will be very disappointed !

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

please don't order a CGC remake you will be very disappointed !

Maybe, but their games never break and work out of the box so there's little need for support post purchase. Best quality games hands down.

#3764 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Was this recently listed in the Seattle area on Craigslist or FB? Pretty sure I saw one listed very recently!

Yup. Same guy, same window. Now back OT. Peeps can message me on that. But thanks for pointing that out

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel the gimmick is the point. Some are funner than others. I personally like the variation of the AC/DC lower pf. I think they probably could have done more with it, but it is what it is. My favorites are Haunted House and Black Hole though. I love the upper pf in TZ as well. There's only so much variation you can do with a pinball layout, and most of it has been rehashed. I wonder if people thought the first ramps were gimmicky. (not sarcastically)

Stern upper/lower PF's have all been gimped since the Pro/Premium sales model starting with ACDC. Like most PreLe features, they never get them the extra coding and integration they deserve and are usually just left as a visual bonus or gimmick. Agreed on Acdc - not sure why it gets so much hate.

I think Scooby will get plenty of integration - it’s such a significant part of the game.

#3766 1 year ago

Best upper playfields of all time in this order:

ACNC
TSPP
HWN/UM

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]
Duh-Ro

He was in season 1? Oh damn!! I must have blocked him out of my mind. I stand corrected. Thanks for letting me know.

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ACNC
TSPP
HWN/UM

Have you played TBL? Pretty cool upper PF on that one too.

I haven’t played a pin with one as big as Scooby though (I don’t think?). It’s one of the reasons I want to see gameplay first…just no real idea how it’ll shoot because I’ve got no reference.

#3769 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I haven’t played a pin with one as big as Scooby though (I don’t think?). It’s one of the reasons I want to see gameplay first…just no real idea how it’ll shoot because I’ve got no reference.

Pretty clever lower playfield too.

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Scooby's upper PF is more like a split level game like Black Knight, Jungle Lord, or Flash Gordon than most typical upper playfields. It's very big

#3771 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

He was in season 1? Oh damn!! I must have blocked him out of my mind. I stand corrected. Thanks for letting me know.

Some are saying season one of 1976. So I think you are correct

#3772 1 year ago

I have not! But I bet I’d like it. Upper pf’s are rad.

Quoted from Pugster:

#3773 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Scooby's upper PF is more like a split level game like Black Knight, Jungle Lord, or Flash Gordon than most typical upper playfields. It's very big

Yup, Ron, Bruce, and Zach mentioned it and pointed out the differences on their most recent episode of The Slam Tilt Podcast.

#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ACNC
TSPP
HWN/UM

0A2D1D4D-8CD9-4DC3-BF89-0943F73F1D8D (resized).jpeg0A2D1D4D-8CD9-4DC3-BF89-0943F73F1D8D (resized).jpeg
#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Maybe, but their games never break and work out of the box so there's little need for support post purchase. Best quality games hands down.

agree with you about your post .. they just cant update a distro as to when they will ever be built or if they will get approval to ship a game outside the US ...

back to Scooby

#3776 1 year ago

Heard back from Joe and he is hoping to have the numbers out by the end of this week. He had an unexpected personal issue (that I will not disclose here) that caused the delay but is back in business now.

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

Heard back from Joe and he is hoping to have the numbers out by the end of this week. He had an unexpected personal issue (that I will not disclose here) that caused the delay but is back in business now.

Great to hear it! I was wondering if something like that may have happened. Will definitely be looking forward to my email, just like the rest of you!

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

Family matters first .... pinball second.

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I would tend to agree with this. It feels a bit like of a cross between an upper and a slit level. It's probably a bit of a gimmick, but personally I really have fun trying to hit shots with the bookcase flipper. I find myself trying to loop the ball around the "exit" of the lowest shot from the top half of the bookcase. That can be useful for collecting your Scooby-Doo shots. Battling the Ghost of Captain Cutler, with the magnets under his hands, is really fun too. Right now during one of the multiballs, you have to bash the dive helmet to spawn jackpot shots and have a limited time to collect them before a "wave lightshow" washes them away. The more you collect before the wave, the more they are worth: single, double, triple, and finally super jackpots.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3780 1 year ago

Can you reliably shoot the Black Knight shot with the bookcase flipper? Looks nearly impossible

Quoted from lpeters82:

I would tend to agree with this. It's probably a bit of a gimmick, but I really have fun trying to hit shots with the bookcase flipper. I find myself trying to loop the ball around the "exit" of the lowest shot from the top half of the bookcase. That can be useful for collecting your Scooby shots. Battling the Ghost of Captain Cutler, with the magnets under his hands, is really fun too. Right now during one of the multiballs, you have to bash the dive helmet to spawn jackpot shots and have a limited time to collect them before a "wave lightshow" washes them away.
[quoted image]

#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would tend to agree with this. It feels a bit like of a cross between an upper and a slit level. It's probably a bit of a gimmick, but personally I really have fun trying to hit shots with the bookcase flipper. I find myself trying to loop the ball around the "exit" of the lowest shot from the top half of the bookcase. That can be useful for collecting your Scooby-Doo shots. Battling the Ghost of Captain Cutler, with the magnets under his hands, is really fun too. Right now during one of the multiballs, you have to bash the dive helmet to spawn jackpot shots and have a limited time to collect them before a "wave lightshow" washes them away.
[quoted image]

Feel free to drop more little gifts like this anytime.

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can you reliably shoot the Black Knight shot with the bookcase flipper? Looks nearly impossible

If you can hit the crossing shot on the upper playfield in Halloween, I don't think it will be an issue for you. More often then not, I actually miss it low. I wouldn't call it easy, but I've been able to shoot it three times in a row on multiple occasions. As stated above, you can also use the top half of the bookcase flipper to complete that shot. That is my preferred method. There is also a switch in that sling above the right upper flipper, which you can target with the top half of the bookcase flipper. It bounces back to that same flipper, so in my head I'm always picturing playing fetch with the werewolf.

#3786 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would tend to agree with this. It feels a bit like of a cross between an upper and a slit level. It's probably a bit of a gimmick, but personally I really have fun trying to hit shots with the bookcase flipper. I find myself trying to loop the ball around the "exit" of the lowest shot from the top half of the bookcase. That can be useful for collecting your Scooby-Doo shots. Battling the Ghost of Captain Cutler, with the magnets under his hands, is really fun too. Right now during one of the multiballs, you have to bash the dive helmet to spawn jackpot shots and have a limited time to collect them before a "wave lightshow" washes them away. The more you collect before the wave, the more they are worth: single, double, triple, and finally super jackpots.
[quoted image]

Wow "wave lightshow"... That sounds amazing!

Honestly, well done - the way modes/multiballs are coded on (all of) Spooky games are sooooo much better than any others I see. Still absolutely love Pit Creature mode on ACNC where you have to hide the ball, it's brilliant.

#3787 1 year ago

Cool! Yeah, the bridge shot in HWN is like peak difficulty/ satisfaction quotient for me. Can’t wait to see the bookcase flipper in action in the full stream. I also wonder if that Black Knight shot can be backhanded from the upper right flipper as well.

Quoted from lpeters82:

If you can hit the crossing shot on the upper playfield in Halloween, I don't think it will be an issue for you. More often then not, I actually miss it low. I wouldn't call it easy, but I've been able to shoot it three times in a row on multiple occasions. As stated above, you can also use the top half of the bookcase flipper to complete that shot. That is my preferred method. There is also a switch in that sling above the right upper flipper, which you can target with the top half of the bookcase flipper. It bounces back to that same flipper, so in my head I'm always picturing playing fetch with the werewolf.

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is also a switch in that sling above the right upper flipper, which you can target with the top half of the bookcase flipper. It bounces back to that same flipper, so in my head I'm always picturing playing fetch with the werewolf.

Can you do it multiple times? Could be a fun combo high score board entry.

#3794 1 year ago

I appreciate the fact that you asked a question that elicited a response from Spooky = more information about the game.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cool! Yeah, the bridge shot in HWN is like peak difficulty/ satisfaction quotient for me. Can’t wait to see the bookcase flipper in action in the full stream. I also wonder if that Black Knight shot can be backhanded from the upper right flipper as well.

You can't backhand the Black Knight. The other two shots can be backhanded, which are the two that feed the habitrails.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wow "wave lightshow"... That sounds amazing!
Honestly, well done - the way modes/multiballs are coded on (all of) Spooky games are sooooo much better than any others I see. Still absolutely love Pit Creature mode on ACNC where you have to hide the ball, it's brilliant.

Appreciate the kind words. Yeah, I was always amazed with the use of lighting in pinball and it's crazy that I'm now able to make some of my own lightshows. The wave is super fun, because it starts at the top and washes over the entire playfield before retreating. Cutler is also fun, with his green glow radiating out from around him. Scooby-Doo is pretty much the perfect theme for full RGB.

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

As stated above, you can also use the top half of the bookcase flipper to complete that shot. That is my preferred method. There is also a switch in that sling above the right upper flipper, which you can target with the top half of the bookcase flipper. It bounces back to that same flipper, so in my head I'm always picturing playing fetch with the werewolf.

So would this be like a "reverse flip" shot? Gonna have to see this in action because it sounds really wild (and kind of rad).

#3797 1 year ago

lpeters82 thanks for the info! I’m even more stoked to see gameplay now

#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

lpeters82 thanks for the info! I’m even more stoked to see gameplay now

You striking the iron?

#3799 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is also a switch in that sling above the right upper flipper, which you can target with the top half of the bookcase flipper. It bounces back to that same flipper, so in my head I'm always picturing playing fetch with the werewolf.

So cool - is it repeatable? If so - if those back and forth shots aren't implemented as some sort of combo counter I'll be so disappointed.

#3800 1 year ago

I guess I’m not upset about Joe not getting us our numbers for 2 reasons

- 1. I ordered a BSE so I’m probably 12-14 months away at best
- 2. The guy has great feedback from everyone, for him to NOT do what he says means he had a catastrophic event happen, which is semi confirmed above. Regardless, see #1.

This is my first NIB pin and I went with Joe…

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/76?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.