20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 130.
#3701 1 year ago

Since some mod options are being discussed, I'd really like to see someone come up with a magnetic speaker panel overlay. If I had to nitpick the CE package, that big blank green speaker panel would be my only complaint.

#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Since some mod options are being discussed, I'd really like to see someone come up with a magnetic speaker panel overlay. If I had to nitpick the CE package, that big blank green speaker panel would be my only complaint.

My only complaint too I thought it would look good with just some scooby “flower” designs added here and there

#3703 1 year ago

A game in hand with a number.
A number in hand with no game.

#3704 1 year ago

This. All that green expanse is an eyesore so hopefully someone develops a speaker panel magnetic overlay like the ones Wizmods has for the CGC remakes...

#3705 1 year ago

I'm guessing that nobody has gotten their numbers from PinballStar yet?

#3706 1 year ago

^^^ PinballStar, the wait is killing us! Scooby Dooby Doo, WHERE ARE YOU?

#3707 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

This. All that green expanse is an eyesore so hopefully someone develops a speaker panel magnetic overlay like the ones Wizmods has for the CGC remakes...

I will be working on that when I get the game in hand.

#3708 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I will be working on that when I get the game in hand.

Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I think some simple black vinyl Scooby “bat” stickers would look good as well…

#3709 1 year ago

Upper/under playfields. Love them or hate them? I personally enjoy the variety of having that in a game in my home arcade for the variety but wouldn’t want the majority of my games to have that. I like the upper in BKSOR. I like the lower in ACDC/Muensters. I still think Scooby Doo will flow fine with the fan layout. Thoughts?

#3710 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Upper/under playfields. Love them or hate them? I personally enjoy the variety of having that in a game in my home arcade for the variety but wouldn’t want the majority of my games to have that. I like the upper in BKSOR. I like the lower in ACDC/Muensters. I still think Scooby Doo will flow fine with the fan layout. Thoughts?

I love upper playfields! I'm glad that Spooky does them so often. Keep 'em coming, Spooky!

#3711 1 year ago

I’m not in love with upper PF but like occasionally.

looking at the main PF seems a lot like Elvira for example with most of the shots in the top 1/3 and nothing much going on the sides.

#3712 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Not an upper playfield fan, but in moderation, anything is awesome.

#3713 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

After owning 60+ pins over the years, the only upper PF that's still in my collection is WH20...fits so well with the theme and flows well with the shots/rules.

I love my AC/DC Premium and still play it often, but avoid the lower PF...doesn't do anything for me.

Overall I find upper/lower PF's gimmicky and not-so-fun.

#3714 1 year ago

#3715 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

After owning 60+ pins over the years, the only upper PF that's still in my collection is WH20...fits so well with the theme and flows well with the shots/rules.
I love my AC/DC Premium and still play it often, but avoid the lower PF...doesn't do anything for me.

I feel the gimmick is the point. Some are funner than others. I personally like the variation of the AC/DC lower pf. I think they probably could have done more with it, but it is what it is. My favorites are Haunted House and Black Hole though. I love the upper pf in TZ as well. There's only so much variation you can do with a pinball layout, and most of it has been rehashed. I wonder if people thought the first ramps were gimmicky. (not sarcastically)

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think Halloween and Alice Cooper have the best upper playfields in all the pinball machines I have played. Plus I rock on them..lol

#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel the gimmick is the point. Some are funner than others. I personally like the variation of the AC/DC lower pf. I think they probably could have done more with it, but it is what it is. My favorites are Haunted House and Black Hole though. I love the upper pf in TZ as well. There's only so much variation you can do with a pinball layout, and most of it has been rehashed. I wonder if people thought the first ramps were gimmicky. (not sarcastically)

I agree that TZ's upper PF was cool/innovative. Ramps are gimmicky...totally unnecessary...nevertheless, they seem to have caught on more than upper/lower PF's, so the designers/players have spoken...

#3718 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

What didn't Scooby do .
[quoted image]

That the Canton Civic Center?

#3719 1 year ago

I saw this at Universal Studios and I remembered why I'm so excited for my first Spooky game. Hype train! Can't wait to solve some mystery.

PXL_20221219_161717058 (resized).jpgPXL_20221219_161717058 (resized).jpg
#3720 1 year ago

There are not a lot of upper/lower playfields that I like. That said, one underrated one I like is Elvis.

I like how you shoot a ramp and it’s a quick feed to an upper flipper for a shot, or you let it come back down the guide. Scooby has a similar idea where it comes right back if you don’t use the left upper playfield flipper.

Scooby’s upper PF might be trying to squeeze in too many fanned out shots. But it’s hard to say without seeing how the code uses the shots during modes.

#3721 1 year ago

I do enjoy loading and shooting thd cannon on the POTC upper playfield.

#3723 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

That the Canton Civic Center?

Has to be.

Hey btw… I saw you’re local and have super
Mario bros. I saw one for sale the other day and was curious your thoughts on it. I read a few reviews about it being boring but curious about someone local having it in their collection.

#3724 1 year ago

Munsters lower playfield is awesome. I don’t care what anyone says. I love it every time and everyone who plays can’t get over that it’s an actual thing.

The upper playfield on RZ is kind of boring to be honest. I’m scooby is fun.

The one video looks like if you cradle in the bookshelf it will drain you out of the playfield so it might actually be more challenging/interactive than people think. And isn’t there 2 flippers including the bookshelf?

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The upper playfield on White Water is magic and integrated perfectly. I am hoping Scooby has the same integration, because playing multiball with both playfields is my favorite experience in pinball, and one reason why I love WH20 so much, and why it's the only pin bolted to the floor in my collection.

#3726 1 year ago

The Dialed In upper playfield is barely an upper playfield.

#3727 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

The Dialed In upper playfield is barely an upper playfield.

Same with Stern Potc but it adds a dimension.

#3728 1 year ago

Wizardmod does some nice ones. I bought his RUSH LE, JP premium, and just ordered one for my BM66 I am getting.

#3729 1 year ago

WPT has a pretty fun upper playfield, it’s extremely satisfying and doesn’t impede the rest of the gameplay.

That said, I am looking forward to Scooby Doo’s upper PF, looks like the shots should be clean.

#3730 1 year ago

SD’s upper playfield looks cool and it definitely looks like it’s going to let you control when you play the upper or just let it pass back down to the lower…and that’s a major plus if I’m guessing right.

#3731 1 year ago

Good evening/good morning everyone. I really enjoyed this discussion about using the original tracks from Scooby Doo Where Are You? in the audio and video for the new Scooby Doo Spooky machine. As I told you all I am not an expert in this area so I had to do some research, and I have some good news. It is not a copyright violation for you to use materials that you have purchased for your own personal and non-commercial use as you would like to. This means that if you own the Scooby Doo Where are You? video series you own the right to use all of those materials for your own personal non-commercial use - meaning you can’t make any money off it. So it is legal for you to take those tracks and put them on your own machine. That’s great news for me, because one way or another I’m going to make sure that my pin has the original chase songs the original theme song and whatever original callouts I want. I’m so excited to get this pin!

#3732 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:I really enjoyed this discussion about using the original tracks from Scooby Doo Where Are You? in the audio and video for the new Scooby Doo Spooky machine.

I’m sure Matt “Piggy D” Montgomery, Spookies contracted pro musician, will be making his own version of some of these classic tracks. Or something cooler.

Why doesn’t everyone just wait and see what’s there first? That’d be the clever thing to do, I’m sure ….

rd

#3733 1 year ago

As far as I can tell there is no way to hack Spooky code to allow for AV changes. I know this is practically impossible on HWN / UM. I’m stoked to see what’s actually in the game myself. As much as I love the original songs I’m open to see what Piggy D does. This is a game after all and it is not a show. Original clips is good enough for me

Quoted from GamerRick:

Good evening/good morning everyone. I really enjoyed this discussion about using the original tracks from Scooby Doo Where Are You? in the audio and video for the new Scooby Doo Spooky machine. As I told you all I am not an expert in this area so I had to do some research, and I have some good news. It is not a copyright violation for you to use materials that you have purchased for your own personal and non-commercial use as you would like to. This means that if you own the Scooby Doo Where are You? video series you own the right to use all of those materials for your own personal non-commercial use - meaning you can’t make any money off it. So it is legal for you to take those tracks and put them on your own machine. That’s great news for me, because one way or another I’m going to make sure that my pin has the original chase songs the original theme song and whatever original callouts I want. I’m so excited to get this pin!

#3734 1 year ago

This “digital marketing flyer” is prob the best I’ve seen out there for the game.

https://www.rs-pinball.at/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Spooky-Pinball-Scooby-Doo-overview.pdf

#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I do enjoy loading and shooting thd cannon on the POTC upper playfield.

One thing that makes the JJP PotC upper pf so special is its theme integration. It's a ship in a pirate game that lists back and forth with varying intensity depending on game state?!? Battling to eventually nail the cannon shot during multiple movie multiballs when the ship is really rocking is super satisfying.

The Scooby upper pf has its innovative piece in the bookshelf - I'm excited to flip it! I loved the Captain Cutler rules we heard about, and I hope some other modes will integrate the upper pf as nicely.

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why doesn’t everyone just wait and see what’s there first? That’d be the clever thing to do, I’m sure ….
rd

Wait and see!?! I much rather speculate and get into minor arguments over specifics that no one knows.

I all seriousness, since Spooky reads these threads. I think most throw out wants and hope Spooky actually implements it…which they have been known to do. Scooby is going to be an awesome pin….can’t wait!

#3737 1 year ago

FGuy and Shrek - upf is fun completing the mini-playfield and even more so, playing it during main game multiball.

JJPOTC - upf #1 rocking ship. upf #2 cannon shot from #1.

TZ - one of the best ever and it uses 2 magnets.

TS - everyone loves using reverse paddles to defeat Khan.

WH20 - yes, yes, yes,

WOZ - upf #1 destroy and storm the castle. upf #2 - circling the house is simple but fun.

STh - Demogorgon might as well be sitting on
a second playfield and can be considered having one. Hit the ramp and stuff the ball.

RZ - enjoy this one and shooting it past Capt Spaulding is a personal thrill.

However, can’t think of a modern game where I enjoy playing the lower playfield. Black Hole was great in the 80’s.

#3738 1 year ago

Has anyone heard what that last minute modification to the game might be that Bug/Luke were hinting at? Bug/Luke, is that a go or no go?

#3739 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

FGuy and Shrek - upf is fun completing the mini-playfield and even more so, playing it during main game multiball.
JJPOTC - upf #1 rocking ship. upf #2 cannon shot from #1.
TZ - one of the best ever and it uses 2 magnets.
TS - everyone loves using reverse paddles to defeat Khan.
WH20 - yes, yes, yes,
WOZ - upf #1 destroy and storm the castle. upf #2 - circling the house is simple but fun.
STh - Demogorgon might as well be sitting on
a second playfield and can be considered having one. Hit the ramp and stuff the ball.
RZ - enjoy this one and shooting it past Capt Spaulding is a personal thrill.
However, can’t think of a modern game where I enjoy playing the lower playfield. Black Hole was great in the 80’s.

Munsters lower PF can be a lot of fun especially if you have MB going on both PFs at once and have to use the seperate flipper buttons.

#3740 1 year ago

#32 Can’t wait!

#3741 1 year ago

Hey!
I wouldn’t mind seeing a little Scooby-Dum
Maybe on a TILT

493293F5-492E-45A1-BDA1-4F786AF83594.gif493293F5-492E-45A1-BDA1-4F786AF83594.gif

#3742 1 year ago

Where did you order from?

#3743 1 year ago

Every number #100 and below is direct from Spooky.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where did you order from?

#3744 1 year ago

I'm not in a huge hurry to get my machine but it would be nice if PinballSTAR could give us an update since he said we'd have our numbers late last week.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hey!
I wouldn’t mind seeing a little Scooby-Dum
Maybe on a TILT
[quoted image]

Original series only so no Scooby-Dum but not a bad idea but then again probably a bad idea. He drove me nuts. Rather have Shaggy so ZOINKS or Scooby say Ruh-Ro!

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

Starting to wonder if I should've just ordered direct.

If you have your confirmation you have a game ... not like they are shipping them tomorrow.
Sure he will get to it ...

#3747 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If you have your confirmation you have a game ... not like they are shipping them tomorrow.
Sure he will get to it ...

Yeah, you are right and I'm sure he will eventually get them out. I've just been eagerly looking for the e-mail since he said they'd go out late last week. My first time using Joe and I'm not concerned about getting a game. His reputation is really good on here so no real worries... just impatience!

#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

Yeah, you are right and I'm sure he will eventually get them out. I've just been eagerly looking for the e-mail since he said they'd go out late last week. My first time using Joe and I'm not concerned about getting a game. His reputation is really good on here so no real worries... just impatience!

I am in that boat too! I have bought several games from Joe, and he is wonderful to deal with. That being said, after I heard that we might be receiving numbers as soon as last Thursday/Friday, I find myself checking my e-mail about 10x more frequently each day than I would otherwise. I even checked my spam for the first time in about a year! Not that getting my number will speed up the process by one second, it's just one of those things. This game has captured my attention.

#3749 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I am in that boat too! This game has captured my attention.

I have ZERO insight but I would think that they realize this game IS a big deal and they want all of the emails to go out at once with no errors the first time...

#3750 1 year ago

Now if we can just get Evil Dead/Army of Darkness and Goonies realized, built and in my collection, I can forget about pinball machines and never obssess over them again!!! (yeah, right!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/75?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.