20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 130.
#3651 1 year ago

Oh good to hear I just sent him an email thinking I missed something when I noticed people had numbers.

#3652 1 year ago
5DF043CF-E7AF-4F4E-8508-FD135BD21C36.gif5DF043CF-E7AF-4F4E-8508-FD135BD21C36.gif
#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Tuesday, Hopefully today.

Thanks for asking about info from PinballSTAR. I was also nervous since I hadn't heard anything and hoped I did everything correctly.

First time ordering from them but I've heard such positive things about PinballSTAR so I asked to be on the early interest list and followed through with a purchase.
I'm hopeful for a relatively early build (fingers crossed) since my whole family is very much into Scooby and rewatched most of the first season already.
Perfect theme for pinball in my opinion.

#3654 1 year ago

I am surprised to not have at least received an acknowledgement that the deposit was received.

#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I am surprised to not have at least received an acknowledgement that the deposit was received.

If you remember in his email at the beginning of ordering he said that if you have your paypal receipt (if that is how you chose to pay the deposit) the receipt was the confirmation/acknowledgement.

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Thanks for asking about info from PinballSTAR. I was also nervous since I hadn't heard anything and hoped I did everything correctly.
First time ordering from them but I've heard such positive things about PinballSTAR so I asked to be on the early interest list and followed through with a purchase.
I'm hopeful for a relatively early build (fingers crossed) since my whole family is very much into Scooby and rewatched most of the first season already.
Perfect theme for pinball in my opinion.

Takes Joe a few days longer to sort through assigning numbers but he gets them out. I ordered HWN through PinballStar and received my number on 7/24. People who ordered from other sources started posting their numbers on 7/21.

#3657 1 year ago

I wonder why spooky doesn't just make it easy for people to replace songs and call outs. Let the people do what they want with the machine they own. This isn't an Apple product.

My two cents for the suggestion box.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I wonder why spooky doesn't just make it easy for people to replace songs and call outs. Let the people do what they want with the machine they own. This isn't an Apple product.
My two cents for the suggestion box.

No licensor will allow that.

#3659 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

See Big Lebowski thread.

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

See Big Lebowski thread.

Dutch got approval from the licensor to let everyone change the assets on their games? That’s a first.

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dutch got approval from the licensor to let everyone change the assets on their games? That’s a first.

Not sure but I have all new songs on my machine. So perhaps they didn't try too hard to block it?

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Not sure but I have all new songs on my machine. So perhaps they didn't try too hard to block it?

Yeah. Pinball browser is a thing. Doesn’t mean the manufacturer got licensor approval to let owners mess with the games.

#3663 1 year ago

Just makes sense to let people do what they want with the machines they own in the privacy of their own gamerooms. I wonder why there isn't a pinball browser type app for spooky hardware by now.

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just makes sense to let people do what they want with the machines they own in the privacy of their own gamerooms. I wonder why there isn't a pinball browser type app for spooky hardware by now.

What a weird thing to say when no one else is doing this either.

#3665 1 year ago

I do whatever I want with my pinball machines in the privacy of my own home.
Mainly because the local bars and arcades will ask me to leave if I’m playing pinball just wearing my underwear.

#3666 1 year ago

Oh wait, what we’re we talking about?

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Kind of bullshit my GMC truck doesn’t allow me to preload a bunch of (probably-pirated) music so I can play whatever I want, and also fuck with the ECU so I can get the performance I think I deserve… but I still want my warranty!

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only approved sounds?

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Kind of bullshit my GMC truck doesn’t allow me to preload a bunch of (probably-pirated) music so I can play whatever I want, and also fuck with the ECU so I can get the performance I think I deserve… but I still want my warranty!

I've never owned a GMC truck to be fair, so what it does and doesn't allow I dunno. But my over-a-decade-old BMW will happily let me load MP3s into the built-in storage and doesn't check where I got them from. Also, I 100% have fucked with the ECU for better turbo timing giving me more HP and torque and less turbo lag and have never heard a word of grief from the dealership any time I've brought the car in for service over the years.

Obviously no licensor is going to approve people just messing with things. But that doesn't mean they can say shit about it when you do it anyways. I've never asked for permission to do any of my mods on my games, and I never will.

I don't support companies telling me what I can do with the things I bought. I'm not borrowing it, I didn't license it from them, I paid a lot of money to own it, it's mine, and I'll do whatever I please without caring it they like it or not. Franky Warner Bros can suck my left nut if you think I care about what they think about anything.

Spooky has to play by the rules, that's obvious, but once it leaves their hands? Ain't nobody's business but mine what I do with it.

#3670 1 year ago

Licensors don’t care..with an individual…until they start to make a difference in their money. Most likely, nothing will happen to the individual, but if the licensor gets irritated, that individual may suffer greatly…up to the individual to take the risk. Always good, until it isn’t.

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've never owned a GMC truck to be fair, so what it does and doesn't allow I dunno. But my over-a-decade-old BMW will happily let me load MP3s into the built-in storage and doesn't check where I got them from. Also, I 100% have fucked with the ECU for better turbo timing giving me more HP and torque and less turbo lag and have never heard a word of grief from the dealership any time I've brought the car in for service over the years.
Obviously no licensor is going to approve people just messing with things. But that doesn't mean they can say shit about it when you do it anyways. I've never asked for permission to do any of my mods on my games, and I never will.
I don't support companies telling me what I can do with the things I bought. I'm not borrowing it, I didn't license it from them, I paid a lot of money to own it, it's mine, and I'll do whatever I please without caring it they like it or not. Franky Warner Bros can suck my left nut if you think I care about what they think about anything.
Spooky has to play by the rules, that's obvious, but once it leaves their hands? Ain't nobody's business but mine what I do with it.

You don’t need permission to mod your game, but you should know it will automatically void your warranty. We all take that chance when we mod our machines. When you call for support they don’t ask you if you’ve modded your machine and you don’t tell them that you’ve modded your machine so it’s really only ever an issue for warranty purposes if you’ve modded your machine and something breaks and they want you to send them a picture of it and they can see you’ve modded it then they won’t cover it. But you can do whatever you want to your machine. Hell half the fun of having pinball machines for me is modding them up I mod every single pin I get. I hate those cheap plastics especially Stern’s.

#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You don’t need permission to mod your game, but you should know it will automatically void your warranty. We all take that chance when we mod our machines. When you call for support they don’t ask you if you’re modded your machine and you don’t tell them that you’ve modded your machine so it’s really only ever an issue for warranty purposes if you’ve modded your machine and something breaks and they want you to send them a picture of it and they can see you’ve modded it then they won’t cover it. But you can do whatever you want to machine. Hell half the fun of having pinball machines for me is modding them up I mod every single pin I get

That's not how the law works. Please don't tell people this, it's not true.

There's a lot of weird carrying water for companies suddenly happening in this thread. People, stand up for yourselves, you own the things you bought. If it has a sticker that says "warranty void if removed" tell that company to go fuck themselves, it's not legal.

https://www.ifixit.com/News/15464/warranty-voiding-stickers-are-illegal-but-these-companies-are-still-using-them

If you glue a Barbie to your playfield or change the songs on your pin you're not the bad guy or doing anything wrong that will stop you from getting the support you deserve.

#3673 1 year ago

BTW I don't mean to come off like I'm yelling at anyone, sorry if I sound aggressive. But you pay a lot of money for these games, they're yours, and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do whatever you please with them. It's not up to WB or Spooky or anyone else to say. Have fun, mod away, and enjoy them.

Sure, if you actually break it because you did something stupid that's on you, but modifying your game doesn't automatically mean you have no rights.

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's not how the law works. Please don't tell people this, it's not true.
There's a lot of weird carrying water for companies suddenly happening in this thread. People, stand up for yourselves, you own the things you bought. If it has a sticker that says "warranty void if removed" tell that company to go fuck themselves, it's not legal.
https://www.ifixit.com/News/15464/warranty-voiding-stickers-are-illegal-but-these-companies-are-still-using-them
If you glue a Barbie to your playfield or change the songs on your pin you're not the bad guy or doing anything wrong that will stop you from getting the support you deserve.

I don’t know how you can call my post about warranties water carrying. How is that supporting the companies? I was just telling you how the warranty on Pinball work. I don’t know if you’re a lawyer, but I am, and although I’m not an expert on this particular subject, you’re mixing apples and oranges. It’s true that a company cannot tell you that the Warranty is voided if you open your device or make a repair, but that’s not what I was talking about. I was talking about electrical modifications to your machine. Those do in fact void your warranty if those mods had anything to do with the part that failed. Again although I haven’t researched this, I’m virtually certain that type of restriction is valid and enforceable. And if you can find an example of the FTC going against any manufacturer in any product line for refusing to honor a warranty once an electrical modification has been made to their device I’d like to see it. Gluing a Barbie isn’t the same thing as installing the new neon sign on your Godzilla for example, or Pinstadiums.

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

BTW I don't mean to come off like I'm yelling at anyone, sorry if I sound aggressive. But you pay a lot of money for these games, they're yours, and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do whatever you please with them. It's not up to WB or Spooky or anyone else to say. Have fun, mod away, and enjoy them.
Sure, if you actually break it because you did something stupid that's on you, but modifying your game doesn't automatically mean you have no rights.

I don’t take you as yelling, I just disagree with you.

#3676 1 year ago

Well this thread took a detour

#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I was talking about electrical modifications to your machine.

Alright, well changing the sounds on your pinball are not "electrical modifications" so I'll just skip going down a rabbit hole of arguing a pointless aside since that's really the entire topic.

If you break your game you break your game. I've seen some really dumb mods with alligator clips, and I'm sure it gets worse. You make the magic smoke come out take responsibility for it. That really has nothing to do with anything else we're discussing.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alright, well changing the sounds on your pinball are not "electrical modifications" so I'll just skip going down a rabbit hole of arguing a pointless aside since that's really the entire topic.
If you break your game you break your game. I've seen some really dumb mods with alligator clips, and I'm sure it gets worse. You make the magic smoke come out take responsibility for it. That really has nothing to do with anything else we're discussing.

I was just talking about Mods. I agree changing the music on your pin does not void the warranty. Sorry! We lawyers live and die by specifics. There were three separate issues there. But yes changing your music or tracks does not void your warranty. In fact I’m thinking of changing some of my Scooby tracks if they don’t include the original audio because I just have to have that. However that would be a copyright violation if the copyright owner wanted to go after you for it they could, but I doubt they’re going to unless you become a problem like Napster. Suing is bad publicity so they’ll only do it when their bottom line is threatened.

#3679 1 year ago

I for one would never glue a Barbie doll head to one of my machines. I feel like that would ruin the value of my doll collection.

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I for one would never glue a Barbie doll head to one of my machines. I feel like that would ruin the value of my doll collection.

You haven't lived until you have. Then post it for sale here for 2x the value because of mods and grab the popcorn.

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Modding dolls is how I got my start.

H311f594223974b0c8d635d270a8ce6bfB (resized).jpgH311f594223974b0c8d635d270a8ce6bfB (resized).jpg

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

Yep, I fixed a few of my G.I. Joes like that back in the 80s when I was a kid.

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

While we're off on this temporary odd tangent, I keep mine in the box.

28C73DF6-9B7D-4930-8A6D-A9848F6FA339 (resized).jpeg28C73DF6-9B7D-4930-8A6D-A9848F6FA339 (resized).jpeg

#3684 1 year ago

I could never own a pinball machine without the option to change/modify the original audio package. Pinball audio is my passion and the very first thing I mod in my virtual remakes. Sticking plastic toys to the playfield adds absolutely nothing to the experience, but it does allow you to make your game unique and personal to you, allowing you to have fun beyond just playing the game.

Scooby Doo needs those licensed 'chase' songs. If Spooky don't add them, the community certainly will.

#3685 1 year ago

Here are some cheap options for playfield mods to start hoarding in the meantime. Some might fit and look cool.
It’s gotta be a licensed product if it’s on eBay, right?

BD323BD5-2698-4BC1-BECE-C6A49D3C5D8A (resized).jpegBD323BD5-2698-4BC1-BECE-C6A49D3C5D8A (resized).jpeg
#3686 1 year ago

I wouldn’t use these scoobys, I think there are enough with the two on the right side of the playfield, but a shaggy, Velma, Fred or Daphne could find a spot.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

And you've helped your therapist keep busy!

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yep, I fixed a few of my G.I. Joes like that back in the 80s when I was a kid.

I would take mine apart and swap their parts to make 'new' figures. I can still vaguely remember a few favorite combos.

Modding and personalizing are ways we make things our own. Nothing wrong with a stock pinball, but I related immediately to the first time I saw people modding games. Before it was a business and a 'thing'.

Not feeling those eBay figures, but some enterprising modder will figure out sculpts or 3D prints that match Scooby's better I'm sure.

#3689 1 year ago

this could be a great base for a cool mod!

scooby HO (resized).jpgscooby HO (resized).jpgscooby ho2 (resized).jpgscooby ho2 (resized).jpg
#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR just got our numbers yesterday and given we are the largest Spooky distributor there is some time involved to get orders laid out. We will be emailing everyone their numbers either later today or tomorrow. Please be patient and don't email asking until we get the emails out - it will only take our time away from getting the numbering done. : )
TY
Joe

470DEF2C-F9C3-42EB-834E-8457EBE3BFE5 (resized).png470DEF2C-F9C3-42EB-834E-8457EBE3BFE5 (resized).png
#3691 1 year ago

While on the modding topic.
Since there was a non-zero level of interest, I started a thread for a space kook ship mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-kook-ship-scooby-mod

#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

this could be a great base for a cool mod!

When did The Mystery Machine logo change? I noticed it's this new version like that toy on the side of the cab too. The one I remember looked like this:

mystery (resized).pngmystery (resized).png

#3693 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When did The Mystery Machine logo change? I noticed it's this new version like that toy on the side of the cab too. The one I remember looked like this:
[quoted image]

here's a period-correct version you are talking about, and you are right..I wish the original font was kept!
..this sold for $60,000 a few years back..groovy baby!

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 10.59.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-20 at 10.59.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-20 at 11.00.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-20 at 11.00.43 AM (resized).png
#3694 1 year ago

OMG....

but it's about the price of 7-8 CE's

#3695 1 year ago

What didn't Scooby do .

Screenshot_20221220_143625_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221220_143625_Twitter (resized).jpg
#3696 1 year ago

I heard Joe has been seen in Vegas and is trying to double our money. lol

#3697 1 year ago

My bad. Didn't mean to get the folks all wound up. Huge spooky fan here.

All I'm saying is spooky is big time so I find it surprising there isn't a way to mod the code by now and do things like change out the sounds.

By the way nobody should be telling anyone what to do with the machines they own. If that means I want Iron Maiden to play backstreet boys or hear bond girls say "oh James" when the missile gets bashed that's my decision.

#3698 1 year ago

You can do whatever you want with your game. But it may also cause issues with the manufacturer/licensor relationships if they catch wind of it (streaming or YouTube especially). That is why no manufacturer is doing anything to make that process easy for us.

#3699 1 year ago

PinballStar, we need our numbers because.... Knowing is half the battle!! Lol

yo-joe-flint.gifyo-joe-flint.gif
#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

here's a period-correct version you are talking about, and you are right..I wish the original font was kept!

Yeah, it looks better. But, it hardly matters, because almost every game is probably a CE with the way superior cabinet art anyways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Severedmods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/74?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.