20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 130.
#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s fun, but you also need the scoring so you can create multiple scoring strategies and keep you coming back or else the experience is the same every time.

What's the scoring strategy for a game like LOTR? Scooby could be very similar in that regard - big progression game with ways to build big scores.

I don't actually know how to score big on LOTR because I only ever play for Valinor (lol never gonna happen). But I know it's been played in tournaments before, and you definitely can light that game up.

#3602 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s fun, but you also need the scoring so you can create multiple scoring strategies and keep you coming back or else the experience is the same every time.

Scoring in pinball is important, however there are some games that do not have multiple scoring strategies; either you "do the thing" or you lose to the player who can. That is equally not fun in my opinion.

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

What's the scoring strategy for a game like LOTR?

Lots with coming certain modes with golum MB, keeping all the balls in play and ripping JP after JP in MB for much higher scoring, etc.

#3604 1 year ago

Batman 66 is a perfect example of how a game can give story progression and push your luck mechanics for scoring.

If you don’t care about score, then you keep pushing your luck to advance the episode and see more clips from it. Or if you’re into score, you keep pushing your luck to get more points. Or if you’re trying to get to a deeper goal (like Villian Escape wizard mode), then you finish the mode quickly for less points but easier progression to those advanced goals and bonus rewards like extra balls.

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Scoring in pinball is important, however there are some games that do not have multiple scoring strategies; either you "do the thing" or you lose to the player who can. That is equally not fun in my opinion.

Yep. I like games that you can do the thing, or this thing, or that thing, or that thing. Haha

#3606 1 year ago

I like how EHOH has Trailer Trash or Maiden has Soul Shards that you score big points after completing a mode, DP knockout etc..

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. I like games that you can do the thing, or this thing, or that thing, or that thing. Haha

Its what I like so much about Shadow. None of the things are particularly difficult to understand but there's a handful of things to go for and they are relatively balanced. And then, depending on how a machine plays, one strategy might be more viable than others.

I feel like a good modern game needs at least 2 "The Things."

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I like how EHOH has Trailer Trash or Maiden has Soul Shards that you score big points after completing a mode, DP knockout etc..

Halloween (and I'm assuming Ultraman) nail this too. When you complete one of the main modes, a hurry-up lights at one of the Hedge scoops. Nail it for a nice big points payout and the final "payoff" video clip of the scene. If you do not hit it, the mode is still considered complete, but not worth as much, and not as satisfying of an ending. It adds a great amount of anxiety and payoff, whether you are playing for points OR playing for the theme/atmosphere. My guess would be the unmasking of the bad guys will be similar in Scooby.

#3609 1 year ago

That’s the same rules as ACNC. Hopefully they switch things up for scooby.

#3610 1 year ago

Fun to think of all the possibilities on this pin!

When Velma inevitably loses her glasses, they should "blur" the display and/or dull the feature lighting to make the player really struggle to complete the mode. Or use it as a ball 3 "do or die" save sequence.

#3611 1 year ago

Well I did some charting last night and after about an hour and a half of calculations I figured out a new layout in the second part of my game room which is allowing me to fit one more pin very nicely and actually the new arrangement in this part of the game room allows more space than before. I always chart out everything before I purchase any equipment for my game room to make sure it will fit lol. It would suck to drop $10,000 plus on a new pin only to find out it won’t fit.

This new configuration is the only one I didn’t try before and it just occurred to me last night when I was gaming this out. So I have more space than I did and I can fit another pin so for the fourth time I managed to figure out how to get another pin in my game room without compromising the layout or space. I’m pretty sure this is the last possible configuration but I’m very excited that I can now add Alien LV without having to sell anything and still have room for Scooby Doo which I must have!

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Fun to think of all the possibilities on this pin!
When Velma inevitably loses her glasses, they should "blur" the display and/or dull the feature lighting to make the player really struggle to complete the mode. Or use it as a ball 3 "do or die" save sequence.

I think a great idea would be for them to play some of those chase songs during a multi ball that would be a lot of fun! The China Town song is one of my favorites.

#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I think a great idea would be for them to play some of those chase songs during a multi ball that would be a lot of fun! The China Town song is one of my favorites.

I agree! I am nostalgic over the chase songs and would really love for some of them to be incorporated. Bug addressed this briefly in the Q&A, mentioning that they did not have license to the individual chase songs (they would each require their own), but that it was something that they could possibly work on. I vote that they do work on this. I love the change of pace signaled but the chase song during the episode, and I agree with you - that would be a wonderful addition to change of pace in a corresponding episode mode, or multi-ball.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I agree! I am nostalgic over the chase songs and would really love for some of them to be incorporated. Bug addressed this briefly in the Q&A, mentioning that they did not have license to the individual chase songs (they would each require their own), but that it was something that they could possibly work on. I vote that they do work on this. I love the change of pace signaled but the chase song during the episode, and I agree with you - that would be a wonderful addition to change of pace in a corresponding episode mode, or multi-ball.

My impression from Bug was that they may try to re-record some of those songs. Kind of like how they had to re-record the voice talent and the original theme song.

#3615 1 year ago

Just might try the glow in the dark rubbers for SD. Seems fitting for the theme. Do UV lights make these rubbers brighter also?

00C51C48-FD93-46E2-8D7C-EEFF22C1D61B (resized).jpeg00C51C48-FD93-46E2-8D7C-EEFF22C1D61B (resized).jpeg
#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Just might try the glow in the dark rubbers for SD. Seems fitting for the theme. Do UV lights make these rubbers brighter also?
[quoted image]

Add some of these to the game came to mind

A2628BCD-EE69-4DE4-AB24-8575AC4AC3E5 (resized).jpegA2628BCD-EE69-4DE4-AB24-8575AC4AC3E5 (resized).jpeg
#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Add some of these to the game came to mind [quoted image]

Why did I have a feeling I would get a response like this

#3618 1 year ago

[quoted image]

They do. I have them in my StrTh and they glow like crazy when the UV kicks on.

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Add some of these to the game.

Why did I have a feeling I would get a response like this?

Programming for the game is still incomplete. PinBalt just wants them to flesh it out more.

#3620 1 year ago

I have these in my Rick and Morty and they are really cool. For a while I had a UV trough light and they did glow...but one day an errant ball hit the light strip. Despite the diffuser rubber cover it shorted the strip and smoke started emanating from my game. It was a terrifying few minutes but all was okay after I scraped some melted plastic off the underside.

I would love to put UV back in but want to find a less risky method. Maybe the UV lit star posts that Comet sells. But I'm not in a hurry to have a short in my game again.

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

They do. I have them in my StrTh and they glow like crazy when the UV kicks on.

Good to know! I’m thinking about getting some pinstadiums with UV lighting to go along with these rubbers.

#3622 1 year ago

All I want for Christmas, is my place in line. I'm easy. Hopefully we hear something today or tonight.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Add some of these to the game came to mind [quoted image]

Those would work better on a certain toy in Bond…

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Those would work better on a certain toy in Bond…

Anyone remember this movie and that “light saber” scene !

E3219113-D071-486D-957C-5828A4D893D6 (resized).jpegE3219113-D071-486D-957C-5828A4D893D6 (resized).jpeg
#3625 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I’m going to try out replacing just one of the balls with a Glow-Ball. Yes I know it won’t work with the magnets, I’ll still give a try though and see how it looks.

#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

My impression from Bug was that they may try to re-record some of those songs. Kind of like how they had to re-record the voice talent and the original theme song.

Well I appreciate that may be all they’re allowed to do under the license but I always prefer the original track to a remake - even if it’s close it’s just not the same. So if they could play the original theme song and those original chase songs I’d be happy as a clam with everything else being from the team they have to record all the new dialogue. You just have to have some classic original tracks. That’s one of the things that really bugs me about Jurassic Park from Stern even though they have some of the exact dialogue it isn’t the same characters except for Nedry and he’s a minor character.

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I have these in my Rick and Morty and they are really cool. For a while I had a UV trough light and they did glow...but one day an errant ball hit the light strip. Despite the diffuser rubber cover it shorted the strip and smoke started emanating from my game. It was a terrifying few minutes but all was okay after I scraped some melted plastic off the underside.
I would love to put UV back in but want to find a less risky method. Maybe the UV lit star posts that Comet sells. But I'm not in a hurry to have a short in my game again.

I bet you just had the strip too low on the trough. I put trough lights on most of my pins and you need to mount it to the very top of the metal piece or the ball will hit them. If you put it at the top you should be fine I’ve never had one damaged yet.

#3628 1 year ago

So I spoke with Morgan at Spooky and she told me that my build for my CE 494 would be about six months from now. I don’t know how I’m going to make it that long. It could be earlier but she thought that was about right. It’s only been a week and it’s driving me nuts. I have 26 more weeks to go! At least something fun to anticipate.

#3629 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So I spoke with Morgan at Spooky and she told me that my build for my CE 494 would be about six months from now. I don’t know how I’m going to make it that long. It could be earlier but she thought that was about right. It’s only been a week and it’s driving me nuts. I have 26 more weeks to go! At least something fun to anticipate.

6 months flys by. Waited over 14 months now for cactus canyon le still nothing and prob 13 for big Lebowski

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

6 months flys by. Waited over 14 months now for cactus canyon le still nothing and prob 13 for big Lebowski

Yeah I Know and I think that’s very reasonable, I’m not surprised at all. Just want it NOW

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah I Know and I think that’s very reasonable, I’m not surprised at all. Just want it NOW

At least Spooky Communicates ...
The others no so much ...

#3632 1 year ago

Monday morning nitro wait-shrinker:

I guarantee that after you listen to this 90 second video, your game will be closer to arriving than it is now.

HYPE

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I guarantee that after you listen to this 90 second video, your game will be closer to arriving than it is now.
HYPE

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but MXPX nailed this cover.
I had CD with all punk/rock covers and this was always one of my favorites.

#3634 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

That's great! That's actually a lot sooner than I thought it would be for #494!

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

HYPE

I always liked the Matthew Sweets version of this song.
Think he's a really underrated artist that was just putting out honest rock in 1990s and probably would have been much bigger if everybody wasn't so enthralled with grunge. His albums Girlfriend and 100% fun are amazing IMO.

#3636 1 year ago

Just got my order number from distributor. I’m CE#445

#3637 1 year ago

Which distributor?

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Just got my order number from distributor. I’m CE#445

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Honestly if pinball machines cost 10k and after 10 years they were worth zero

Even a turd would not go to zero. Lets be realistic. Most TURD pins will loose a few K 2 or 3, not 10k. So if you had this pin and kept it for 10 years it cost you $25 a month. Take a look at Avatar pin. Perfect TURD IMO. Still worth more today than when it was new. If your talking about a bad recession or depression im not worried about my pin prices. I have 20 other things to worry about.

#3639 1 year ago

CE 682. Flip n out

#3640 1 year ago

When did you order?

Quoted from Breger1:

CE 682. Flip n out

#3641 1 year ago

CE 785 Flip 'N Out

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

When did you order?

Day of release Friday

#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Which distributor?

Flip N Out pinball

#3644 1 year ago

Dang, I feel lucky then..#240 from Nitro Pinball..probably about the 8th person to order from them on release day (8AM pst). And he said possibly 9 months, but I feel Tommy was being safe with that eta, which I appreciate.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

#240 from Nitro Pinball..probably about the 8th person to order from them on release day (8AM pst). And he said possibly 9 months, but I feel Tommy was being safe with that eta, which I appreciate.

If it takes nine months to get to 240, the run wouldn't be done for like 3 years. I have 224 and am mentally/financially preparing to have to pay the balance as early as May or June. Even if they only did 10 per week until 240 it would only take 6 months.

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Dang, I feel lucky then..#240 from Nitro Pinball..probably about the 8th person to order from them on release day (8AM pst). And he said possibly 9 months, but I feel Tommy was being safe with that eta, which I appreciate.

Based on GamerRick's post below, might only be 3 months! Finger's crossed!!

Quoted from GamerRick:

#3647 1 year ago

Just got my order number from distributor. I’m CE#246

#3648 1 year ago

Any word from PinballSTAR?

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Any word from PinballSTAR?

Tuesday, Hopefully today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.