20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 130.
#3501 1 year ago

In the last 2 years the " pinvesters" and " crypto bros " have become extremely unbearable to listen to. Everyone thinks they are financial geniuses. I can't count how many times I've seen someone post this :

" I never lose money on my games. I make money on every game I buy "

I'd rather hear about your fantasy football team to be honest. Nobody cares.

I always just look at it as " I had X hundred dollars worth of fun, I didn't lose anything "

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

In the last 2 years the " pinvesters" and " crypto bros " have become extremely unbearable to listen to. Everyone thinks they are financial geniuses. I can't count how many times I've seen someone post this :
" I never lose money on my games. I make money on every game I buy "
I'd rather hear about your fantasy football team to be honest. Nobody cares.
I always just look at it as " I had X hundred dollars worth of fun, I didn't lose anything "

Exactly. I figure an imaginary dollar a game. If I buy a game for $8k and sell for $7k after 1000 plays, that is breaking even in my head. But if that same game sold for $6k I still wouldn’t be upset because 1000 plays is a LOT of fun.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The only necessary takeaway you need is he’s a troll.

Put him on ignore...worked for me!

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Put him on ignore...worked for me!

I have

#3505 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sure, but the big trolls on FB are the very same trolls from pinside. Mainly flippers with a vendetta against Spooky. People who would gladly drag the hobby down with them for a quick buck. Scum bags.

Dude, you need to calm down re Spooky.

Game speaks for itself. You seem to be the #1 Spooky cheerleader which is fine.

You keep banging on how great HWN is. It’s a fun pin. We know.

Fact is, you don’t know jack shit about Scooby other than what we have seen so far.

People might have a different opinion.

#3506 1 year ago

Yeaaaa, I don’t have an opinion on Scooby yet. I’m just talking facts about what is physically in the game and expressing irritation with trolls who are just out to tear down whatever Spooky is doing.

Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, you need to calm down re Spooky.
Game speaks for itself. You seem to be the #1 Spooky cheerleader which is fine.
You keep banging on how great HWN is. It’s a fun pin. We know.
Fact is, you don’t know jack shit about Scooby other than what we have seen so far.
People might have a different opinion.

#3507 1 year ago

Dam trolls

e662c8cbe09ebb806df1ecd709931eb8.gife662c8cbe09ebb806df1ecd709931eb8.gif
#3508 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeaaaa, I don’t have an opinion on Scooby yet. I’m just talking facts about what is physically in the game and expressing irritation with trolls who are just out to tear down whatever Spooky is doing.

This is same selling model that got people into the HW and UM mess, are you concerned for people who may fall into that same situation?

#3509 1 year ago

I finally got my order number for my Blood Sucker Edition. If I'm #1855, then they must be almost sold out. I tried ordering at 8am Pacific along with everyone else, but my order didn't go through until 10:30am. There's probably only a handful left.

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s not your job brother.

Wasting your time

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This is same selling model that got people into the HW and UM mess, are you concerned for people who may fall into that same situation?

Why are you worried about what other people do with their money? Or, do you think Spooky is somehow being devious and tricking people into doing something that they shouldn’t…IMO Spooky has always been above and beyond honest and always for the good of the customer.

#3512 1 year ago

Uintah oo3

Quoted from iceman44:

It’s not your job brother.
Wasting your time

giphy (1) (resized).pnggiphy (1) (resized).png
#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You seem to be the #1 Spooky cheerleader which is fine.

I guess it's only cool to cheerlead for failed pinball startups. You still dust off those Deeproot pom poms from time to time?

cheer.gifcheer.gif
#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Fascinating that you and I both saw and heard the same thing before buying Halloween… Yet one of us is happy and came back for more. The other feels like they got into a mess / fell into a situation and seems to be on a mission to save everyone from themselves…

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Why are you worried about what other people do with their money? Or, do you think Spooky is somehow being devious and tricking people into doing something that they shouldn’t…IMO Spooky has always been above and beyond honest and always for the good of the customer.

Halloween has its faults but I love it. Two times I needed support and replacement parts (minor stuff) they were sent out literally next day. Can't agree more their support has been really solid for me. Plus....their themes are my jam on these last two releases. I just paid for a DP premium the week before Scooby was announced and was like ugh...(opens wallet anyway). It’s just so damn pretty. Plus I like different and they do different. Nice mix in my B/W and Stern games.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Halloween has its faults but I love it. Two times I needed support and replacement parts (minor stuff) they were sent out literally next day. Can't agree more their support has been really solid for me. Plus....their themes are my jam on these last two releases. I just paid for a DP premium the week before Scooby was announced and was like ugh...(opens wallet anyway). It’s just so damn pretty. Plus I like different and they do different. Nice mix in my B/W and Stern games.

Yes, why I love Spooky! You explained the good of Spooky perfectly and why I have so many of their pins!

#3517 1 year ago

I bought (and still own) HWN. I really don’t feel like I “fell” into a situation nor do I subscribe to that narrative. I bought a game I thought was cool and I still dig it. I have it on location and it’s mostly a tank minus a few small adjustments from time to time. I most definitely wish the code was cleaned up but that’s certainly not ruining it for me. I mostly just want the final wiz mode so I can beat it haha.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

The hard part is getting to that level. Some I know have had 15-20 pin collections for well over a decade so now all those have gone up in value it's like 1-out-1-in and every new pin is basically a wash.
When I got into buying like 8 years ago NIB Pros were like $4500, and I could really only afford $3K max. Then they were $5K and I could only afford like $3500 max. NIB's were always just out of reach. Thankfully fixing up some dirty and busted games helped grow the inventory and capital over time. But I was always jealous of those who were in the hobby before it took off. I'm finally at capacity and now am upgrading those spots with each game I get, but damn do I still wish I had that freedom to just dump a game and get basically a NIB or A-tier for no additional funds.

This is kind of where I am now. I have a big enough collection and I’m out of space (when this and 007 arrive) so now any new pin only happens if I sell one. Most LEs from Stern and smaller companies seem to be holding their value. JJ makes so many LE’s that there are always some left of new pins and these sell on the secondary market for less than new. I think that’s because they simply make too many LE’s. POTC still sells way above MSRP but they only made 1,000 total. Like Stern or hate them, they more than any other company have perfected their LE market making just enough to sell out fast on most releases. This makes those easy to sell for the same or higher value used.

#3519 1 year ago

I’m quite enjoying seeing people lose money on their pinvestments. The hobby will be much better off when most of these speculators turn their attention elsewhere. Good riddance.

#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I'd rather hear about your fantasy football team to be honest.

Let’s not say things we can’t take back.

#3521 1 year ago

How’s the sound on a spooky? Sufficient? Great? I’m guessing all three trims get the same sound hardware/ speaker etc.?

#3522 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

How’s the sound on a spooky? Sufficient? Great? I’m guessing all three trims get the same sound hardware/ speaker etc.?

Good question. I've only heard TNA, Halloween, and Ultraman on location where it's hard to judge. I know TNA sounded pretty good because they had ot cranked up.

#3523 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I guess it's only cool to cheerlead for failed pinball startups. You still dust off those Deeproot pom poms from time to time?[quoted image]

Haha. F off

How about contributing to Pinside to post your stupid drivel.

#3524 1 year ago

You have a very solid collection!

Quoted from blastbeat:

Halloween has its faults I love it. Two times I needed support and replacement parts (minor stuff) they were sent out literally next day. Can't agree more their support has been really solid for me. Plus....their themes are my jam on these last two releases. I just paid for a DP premium the week before Scooby was announced and was like ugh...(opens wallet anyway). It’s just so damn pretty. Plus I like different and they do different. Nice mix in my B/W and Stern games.

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not facts pal. And you don’t run Twitter either. Lol

I have a game coming. At least wait until they start landing to pump the shit out of it.

Let me know when they sell out so I can feel like a winner.

#3526 1 year ago

I always thought the sound on Spookys were above-average to great. R&M is real clear and TNA has always been awesome (I don’t know if TNA came with a different speaker package or not). Even RZ sounded good (and I hate that pin). I played my first HW the other day and it reminded me of R&M very clear. Meanwhile that has been a sore spot of some of my recent Sterns. Love playing them. Just wish the speakers weren’t made from paper mache.

#3527 1 year ago

Quoted from iceman44:

Not facts pal. And you don’t run Twitter either. Lol
I have a game coming. At least wait until they start landing to pump the shit out of it.
Let me know when they sell out so I can feel like a winner.

#3528 1 year ago

Hook 'em . Arch Manning coming to save the day

#3529 1 year ago

Pinside…what a bunch of nastiness. robin sorry. I wish it was the old way.

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

How about you eat a big Texas sized d****

I’d have to pull it out of your mouth.

#3532 1 year ago
CDDAB60B-CFB2-45B5-A959-73EA2D6DBF4D (resized).jpegCDDAB60B-CFB2-45B5-A959-73EA2D6DBF4D (resized).jpeg
#3533 1 year ago

It’s Friday. I bet some alcohol is flowin tonight!

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Pinside…what a bunch of nastiness. robin sorry. I wish it was the old way.

Exactly, those couple of guys and others here are why I and many other don’t visit these Pinside forums much.

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Exactly, those couple of guys and others here are why I and many other don’t visit these Pinside forums much.

Understand completely…and this is one reason why I have so much respect for Spooky. They actively engage and listen to our desires, and deal with the nasties. Class act for sure…even if their pins aren’t your cup of tea…a true class act.

#3536 1 year ago

Can one of the Pinside mods add a dumpster behind the fire symbol in the forum tab? Haha

#3537 1 year ago

Wow, this brings the Scooby Doo hype thread to a whole new level.

We have some… passionate people on this thread.

87A31750-81D4-438E-BFE8-9348D1B94031 (resized).jpeg87A31750-81D4-438E-BFE8-9348D1B94031 (resized).jpeg
#3538 1 year ago

Egads. Words.

Quick. To the Fainting Couches!

#3539 1 year ago
C836E471-DB5A-46BF-B722-6C1A3D891D4B (resized).jpegC836E471-DB5A-46BF-B722-6C1A3D891D4B (resized).jpeg
#3540 1 year ago

Just order an Iron Maiden instead like I did and you don’t have to worry about it anymore….

#3541 1 year ago

I was wondering the same. I've heard TNA on location at a few places near me and they sounded amazing, same for Ricky and Morty. Spooky likes to but these custom speaker grills that look awesome but I worry they might distort the sound quality if they cover up too much of the speaker... I guess Ill find out once I get My table...

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

CF0767EC-BB27-4CA6-85A0-C86512657A2D (resized).jpegCF0767EC-BB27-4CA6-85A0-C86512657A2D (resized).jpeg
#3543 1 year ago

TNA has an enclosure for the sub, which makes for very nice and tight lows without distortion or much rattling. IMO, makes it the best sounding stock game I’ve heard.

I disconnected the sub in my R&M and hooked up an external sub to the stock amp and it made a huge difference for that game. The back box speakers are good, but could be better if you wanted wanted to swap them. I don’t know what kind of filtering they have for those speakers, but there’s one part of R&M that distorts the mids cause lows are to low on what I assume is a band pass filter.

The audio itself seems to be top notch on those titles, can speak for other spooky games as those are the only two I’ve owned.

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

I finally got my order number for my Blood Sucker Edition. If I'm #1855, then they must be almost sold out. I tried ordering at 8am Pacific along with everyone else, but my order didn't go through until 10:30am. There's probably only a handful left.

I'm not so sure about that. My guess is there's a big gap in the middle for CE machines (which aren't sold yet). What is the highest CE number we've heard so far? Like 600-700? My guess is Spooky plans to build far fewer BSE and standard, and they are the last to be built, so start at a higher game number. All speculation and perhaps I'm wrong...

#3545 1 year ago

I'm honestly happy that the game is still available to sell - it gives some of the more cautious buyers a chance to see full gameplay in Jan *and* it keeps spot flipping to a minimum.

This game will sell out - my prediction on timing is at TPF in March when buyers can see and play in person.

#3546 1 year ago

Anyone gotten their pinballstar game numbers?

They posted we would get them Thursday afternoon or Friday.

Really wish Spooky knew how to have a website that work. Would have much rather ordered direct through them.

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

I disconnected the sub in my R&M and hooked up an external sub to the stock amp and it made a huge difference for that game. The back box speakers are good, but could be better if you wanted wanted to swap them. I don’t know what kind of filtering they have for those speakers, but there’s one part of R&M that distorts the mids cause lows are to low on what I assume is a band pass filter.
The audio itself seems to be top notch on those titles, can speak for other spooky games as those are the only two I’ve owned.

The stock audio components on my R&M are top notch, but needed plenty of dialing in (amp adjustments, ring to get the 10" woofer elevated, anti-rumble tape for the glass, etc.). The backbox speakers sound awesome...I don't notice any distortion, but I can't say I crank it that much. I can say that the overall sound on my R&M is very competitive with the PinWoofer system I have on most of my Sterns (which is saying a lot!).

IMG_2140 (resized).jpegIMG_2140 (resized).jpeg
#3548 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone heard from PinballStar yet!

No but I suggest everyone in this thread who ordered from PinballStar calls Joe and demands to be given our numbers today at exactly 1:00pm. Emails demanding the same info should be sent at 12:45. We need to work together as a group!

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'm honestly happy that the game is still available to sell - it gives some of the more cautious buyers a chance to see full gameplay in Jan *and* it keeps spot flipping to a minimum.
This game will sell out - my prediction on timing is at TPF in March when buyers can see and play in person.

Agree, was a time when I was able to buy both AFM LE and STLE months after release because the dealers had allotments left over.

It was nice having the time to play and see the game before committing.

#3550 1 year ago

There are usually 1-3 people on pinside who ruin it for the rest of us. Ignore and move on, sheesh.

I've had 3 Spooky pins at the co-op, all had GREAT sound. I needed to dial in the sound on two of them as they were delivered giving too much bass and therefore distorting the quality. But once that was fixed, yeah it's as good or better than any pin I've ever had.

Especially ACNC. That was the best sounding pin I've ever owned. The music was top notch quality and the sounds made it feel so 3d I thought people were doing things behind me. The number of times I turned around when I first owned the machine was comical.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/71?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.