20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 130.
#3451 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I play my machines as well (but don’t tell anyone).

The other day my friend and I were working on my Tron, testing the PCB for my topper mod, and he wanted to check the manual. Still stapled in the bag inside. He asked me if I minded if we opened it, and I just laughed.

Is that still a thing? Bragging about the bag still being stapled?

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The crazy part of that is that even when games were “cheap”, you still had to pick and choose what you were going to spend money on.

True, but you got to play them first (most of the time). Space has always been a limiting factor moreso than money. Actually, and the other limiting factor was i if they worked or not and if parts were available. Now...I'd say money is a higher limiting factor for many more than any other reason in general.

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

For me and my financial situation it is very relevant.
I wish I could be a baller

Lol - your collection is worth almost $200k. Your financial situation *should* be fine.

It's not so much about being ballers - most everyone I know is at capacity and has to sell a game to make space/fund a new one. The hobby becomes self sustaining after a while.

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Lol - your collection is worth almost $200k. Your financial situation *should* be fine.
It's not so much about being ballers - most everyone I know is at capacity and has to sell a game to make space/fund a new one. The hobby becomes self sustaining after a while.

The hard part is getting to that level. Some I know have had 15-20 pin collections for well over a decade so now all those have gone up in value it's like 1-out-1-in and every new pin is basically a wash.

When I got into buying like 8 years ago NIB Pros were like $4500, and I could really only afford $3K max. Then they were $5K and I could only afford like $3500 max. NIB's were always just out of reach. Thankfully fixing up some dirty and busted games helped grow the inventory and capital over time. But I was always jealous of those who were in the hobby before it took off. I'm finally at capacity and now am upgrading those spots with each game I get, but damn do I still wish I had that freedom to just dump a game and get basically a NIB or A-tier for no additional funds.

#3455 1 year ago

Speaking of prices, imagine if Spooky charged us all $2,000 for a topper add-on. Couldn’t imagine a company doing that!…. Oh wait….

#3456 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Speaking of prices, imagine if Spooky charged us all $2,000 for a topper add-on. Couldn’t imagine a company doing that!…. Oh wait….

not gonna lie. The added topper along with all the extras in this collectors edition actually closes the gap in value for me. Especially with how stern is price gouging with their toppers these days... 2k for Mando? Zoinks! its a cool topper.... but that price is just gross...

#3457 1 year ago

Started my collection with AIQ LE and was about to hunt down Godzilla when the Scooby News dropped- Havin' 8 grandkids and a wife that drives a Green Mystery Machine Jeep' made this a no brainer' just hope to get a Danger feed up soon on its gameplay

#3458 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

True, but you got to play them first (most of the time). Space has always been a limiting factor moreso than money. Actually, and the other limiting factor was i if they worked or not and if parts were available. Now...I'd say money is a higher limiting factor for many more than any other reason in general.

Being out of space is probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It really forced me to pick and choose what I wanted to keep and what I was willing to sell. I’ve gone though these phases where I kind of curate the collection in a sense.
Did the same thing with my arcade game collection where I wound up keeping the machines I played the most and all of the 1970s black and white games (which is my main collection). Life’s a lot simpler when you’re out of space and have to decide if you like a machine enough to get rid of one of your keepers.

#3459 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Being out of space is probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It really forced me to pick and choose what I wanted to keep and what I was willing to sell. I’ve gone though these phases where I kind of curate the collection in a sense.
Did the same thing with my arcade game collection where I wound up keeping the machines I played the most and all of the 1970s black and white games (which is my main collection). Life’s a lot simpler when you’re out of space and have to decide if you like a machine enough to get rid of one of your keepers.

Haha yeah. I think living in the boonies has helped me keep my collection in check.

#3460 1 year ago

If they can get gameplay stream going for this finally, that itself would probably push a bunch of sales or get this sold out. Lot of folks leery to go all in with no gameplay after Halloween/UM rough start

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would not go into Pinball purchasing with a mindset expecting games to be appreciating assets most are depreciating assets.

Would you suggest limiting ones liability?

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

LMAO this guy calling me rich and he owns twice the amount of pins. I only own one pair of pants FFS!!!

Remember I’m the guy who evaluates all my purchases, even pinball.

It’s been a good path to follow in life.

I would suggest no one buys a 10k toy without financially evaluating it. If a person can buy a NIB pin without financial evaluating it they obviously have more disposable income then myself.

#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The other day my friend and I were working on my Tron, testing the PCB for my topper mod, and he wanted to check the manual. Still stapled in the bag inside. He asked me if I minded if we opened it, and I just laughed.
Is that still a thing? Bragging about the bag still being stapled?

Yes as EJS has made famous that’s the hymen of a pinball machine

#3464 1 year ago

I’m an operator not a toy collector.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Remember I’m the guy who evaluates all my purchases, even pinball.
It’s been a good path to follow in life.
I would suggest no one buys a 10k toy without financially evaluating it. If a person can buy a NIB pin without financial evaluating it they obviously have more disposable income then myself.

#3465 1 year ago

Scooby Doo is the level of game I was hoping for when they first announced Jetsons. I wish Spooky would call a mulligan and revisit that license.

#3466 1 year ago

I bought my pins 20+ years ago for 1200, 1250, 1500, and 2400 for an Attack From Mars since it was a newer machine at the time. All chicken feed compared to prices these days and my Godzilla cost more than all four of them together.

I'm watching Scooby from the sidelines while our family figures out how to fit into this strange new world of much more expensive pinballs. I'd still like to collect what I can, but I have to be VERY selective and do a ton of research before I can commit ~$10k for a new toy.

On the plus side, pinball has proved to be a great bonding opportunity with my mildly autistic son and it's worth the cost for that alone, it's my only hobby that he shows any interest in at all. We talk about rules, we talk about mods we want to do, what games we want to try out, what pinball news I heard about and of course we play games together too.

Anyway, I love Scooby and I hope it's a great game but I'm the kind of guy that wants to research, watch videos, read reviews, and try machines before purchase so I'll keep waiting and see what happens.

#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from steele67:

Started my collection with AIQ LE and was about to hunt down Godzilla when the Scooby News dropped- Havin' 8 grandkids and a wife that drives a Green Mystery Machine Jeep' made this a no brainer' just hope to get a Danger feed up soon on its gameplay

Same. Bought AIQ Prem while hunting for a Godzilla. Still want a Godzilla but with Scooby, its will have to wait bit.

#3468 1 year ago

Scooby Doo, HYYYYPE!

#3469 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

That is intensely gross and inappropriate.

#3470 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Remind me never to touch the inside of one of your pinball machines.

#3471 1 year ago
Quoted from steele67:

You can't make a post like this without a pic of said "Green Mystery Machine Jeep"!

#3472 1 year ago
Quoted from suave84:

Scooby Doo is the level of game I was hoping for when they first announced Jetsons. I wish Spooky would call a mulligan and revisit that license.

I agree with your comment

#3473 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Would you suggest limiting ones liability?

I suggest the practice of mindful spending regardless of each individual's income level or of what one wants but does not need. Just be mindful of the difference between “needs” and “wants”.

Just think, don't hope!

#3474 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I suggest the practice of mindful spending regardless of each individual's income level or of what one wants but does not need. Just be mindful of the difference between “needs” and “wants”.
Just think, don't hope!

100%. And ad plan as well.

#3475 1 year ago

Scooby cup holder idea

2C40FC81-FC75-4354-B8BF-3BA5230E29D5 (resized).jpeg2C40FC81-FC75-4354-B8BF-3BA5230E29D5 (resized).jpeg
#3476 1 year ago

Anyone heard from PinballStar yet!

#3478 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

His new way of determining who gets which numbers must be pretty complex… and he likely has more orders than the other distributors to work through.

#3479 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Not yet… and my anxiety is running wild.

#3480 1 year ago

Joe will be back Tuesday.

#3481 1 year ago

Am I seeing this correctly that the CE’s are still available!?!?

#3482 1 year ago

Didn't PinballSTAR post on here yesterday that emails would go out yesterday or today?

Quoted from frankmac:

Joe will be back Tuesday.

#3483 1 year ago

i hope we get fresh pf mech assembly pics soon, i would like to the rest of the subway

scooby mech side (resized).jpgscooby mech side (resized).jpg
#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Yes

#3485 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Didn't PinballSTAR post on here yesterday that emails would go out yesterday or today?

Joke.

#3486 1 year ago

All models are available until no models are available.

Quoted from MooButt:

#3487 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i hope we get fresh pf mech assembly pics soon, i would like to the rest of the subway
[quoted image]

WoW! Scooby really has nothing under the hood.

#3488 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Putting the LEDs on PCBs with ethernet connections is so nice for how it cleans things up.

#3489 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

we are also seeing less than half of the PF in this pic. i want to see the mechs for the apron, and use of cat5 really cleans things up and not proprietary makes for easy replacements.

#3490 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You can't make a post like this without a pic of said "Green Mystery Machine Jeep"!

20220717_023713171_iOS (resized).jpg20220717_023713171_iOS (resized).jpg
#3491 1 year ago

Such a wack take away (and it’s not just you, Facebook is having a field day with this photo too) The game has two playfields an all the mechs are above not below the larger playfield. Like…duh. You all SAW the game right? What I am seeing here is REAL NICE cable management and clean efficient engineering. This a HUGE improvement over HWN UM ACNC. HUUUUGE.

Quoted from Vecna:

#3492 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Such a wack take away, are you serious? The game has two playfields an all the mechs are above not below the larger playfield. Like…duh. You SAW the game right? What I am seeing here is REAL NICE cable management and clean efficient engineering. This a HUGE improvement over HWN UM ACNC. HUUUUGE.

Sometimes you read into stuff a bit, he said under the hood, you be talking above the hood

#3493 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Such a wack take away (and it’s not just you, Facebook is having a field day with this photo too) The game has two playfields an all the mechs are above not below the larger playfield. Like…duh. You all SAW the game right? What I am seeing here is REAL NICE cable management and clean efficient engineering. This a HUGE improvement over HWN UM ACNC. HUUUUGE.

The only necessary takeaway you need is he’s a troll.

#3494 1 year ago

It is being implied across social media platforms that the game has nothing in it when compared to FATHOM (lol, of all things) My comment was not solely based on Vecna ’s comment.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Sometimes you read into stuff a bit, he said under the hood, you be talking above the hood

#3495 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It is being implied across social media platforms that the game has nothing in it when compared to FATHOM (lol, of all things)

Morons and/or trolls…

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Facebook is having a field day with this photo too

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It is being implied across social media platforms

I thought when I politely suggested Spooky not just stream on Facebook that I'd get some downvotes and people would call me a luddite or something. I was pleasantly surprised by how many "fuck Facebook" responses I got instead. It's just a land of toxicity, and clearly I'm not alone in thinking it.

I would honestly suggest not spending so much time reading what mouth breathers on social media think. Pinside can have its quirks too, it's a public place, but Facebook and social media in general are just primed for people to be hateful to each other.

Companies like Spooky probably feel obligated to post there, they don't want to potentially leave customers behind or alienated, but you don't have to read what people think.

Forget social media, return to the forest forums.

#3497 1 year ago

Sure, but the big trolls on FB are the very same trolls from pinside. Mainly flippers with a vendetta against Spooky. People who would gladly drag the hobby down with them for a quick buck. Scum bags.

Quoted from Aurich:

I thought when I politely suggested Spooky not just stream on Facebook that I'd get some downvotes and people would call me a luddite or something. I was pleasantly surprised by how many "fuck Facebook" responses I got instead. It's just a land of toxicity, and clearly I'm not alone in thinking it.
I would honestly suggest not spending so much time reading what mouth breathers on social media think. Pinside can have its quirks too, it's a public place, but Facebook and social media in general are just primed for people to be hateful to each other.
Companies like Spooky probably feel obligated to post there, they don't want to potentially leave customers behind or alienated, but you don't have to read what people think.
Forget social, return to the forest forums.

#3498 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sure, but the big trolls on FB are the very same trolls from pinside. Mainly flippers with a vendetta against Spooky. People who would gladly drag the hobby down with them for a quick buck. Scum bags.

Then why are you letting their crummy energy into your life? Use your ignore list and read less Facebook!

gUys wHy aReNt tHeRe aNy mEcHs rIgHt HeRe?

mechs (resized).pngmechs (resized).png

#3499 1 year ago

Interestingly the Youtube comments have been pretty positive.

#3500 1 year ago

This is probably good advice. But, if they have energy to tear Spooky down then I’ve got energy to tear them down.

Quoted from Aurich:

Then why are you letting their crummy energy into your life? Use your ignore list and read less Facebook!
gUys wHy aReNt tHeRe aNy mEcHs rIgHt HeRe?
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/70?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.