20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 130.
#301 1 year ago

With some more thought into the theme, and because it's a hype thread, here's some things I'd love to see...

1) The spinner sound like HAS to be the xylophone sound of Shaggy and Scooby running in place before they dart off.

2) Would probably be the best Spooky theme to date to utilize a lower playfield.

3) A cool ball lock mech could be a hallway with a bunch of doors and they all open to expose a ball at the start of MB.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am referring to the release of Halloween.
Spooky did not say only 1250 CE’s would be made before the order day release.
They didn’t want anyone who wanted a CE not to miss out, so the amount of CE’s ordered determined how many were made, which lead to the price crash of Halloween.
If I would have known that I would have waited and saved 2k.

That’s totally false information. If you don’t believe me, ask Spooky.

You are correct, there was no predetermined CE number…but Halloween as a whole was always locked At 1250

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

To my knowledge every other game spooky has made has had a limited number (set by spooky based on the amount they could produce within a certain timeframe).

Hmm not calling you out because I could be wrong. Halloween was not a preset number of CE’s

I am fat and old so my brain doesn’t remember everything like it use to.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmm not calling you out because I could be wrong. Halloween was not a preset number of CE’s

There was a limit of 1250 Halloween machines but those were a combination of all 3 available Halloween models (CE, BSE, SE).

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Seeing as they only made 250 and still have them sitting waiting to be bought.... They may be rethinking their pricing.
Same went with toy story.
Verdict is out on 007.
Just my 2 cents but I think they found the ceiling of pricing and went a bit beyond it just to test it.
I'd like to say the prices will come down a bit solely bc they are sitting on games still.
But, my gut tells me that a price decrease will not happen.

I can't see them lowering the price to sell the remaining (whatever number that is) TNA2.0 machines.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The total number of Halloweens was always set in stone. It was totally up to the buyers to determine how many of those were CE and BSE.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

From Spooky’s Facebook for those wondering about price. Nice to see.
[quoted image]

Still too much IMO based on past titles from what I have seen and played, then you get the resale value is shit with spooky, look at all the halloweens on the market now from people just wanting to dump them.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There was a limit of 1250 Halloween machines but those were a combination of all 3 available Halloween models (CE, BSE, SE).

Thanks I remembered something correct the CE number wasn’t set total units was set buyer’s determining how many CE’s were being made of the 1250.

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

Still too much IMO based on past titles from what I have seen and played, then you get the resale value is shit with spooky

Check your figures. Rick and Morty and TNA have only gone up in pricing.

Halloween and Ultraman will both see rebounding prices as the Code gets completed. Happens for every release.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Check your figures. Rick and Morty and TNA have only gone up in pricing.
Halloween and Ultraman will both see rebounding prices as the Code gets completed. Happens for every release.

I was gonna say, this weekend is the first time in forever I've seen an aftermarket R&M listed under 10k (it was by $5 lol). Can't determine resale until we play the game, plain and simple. And that's not just a Spooky thing - the Rush I have listed isn't moving, there are a ton of AIQs sitting on the market, etc. Just have to hang onto it or hope not to take outsized losses.

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from slvrballer:

Still too much IMO based on past titles from what I have seen and played, then you get the resale value is shit with spooky, look at all the halloweens on the market now from people just wanting to dump them.

Outside of Halloween, most of their pins have gone up in price so this is odd. Halloween had alot of blind early adoption and a much large production run so that didn't help. Things will likely calm down on that front. Heck it's amazing how Sterns that distros have been sitting on for long periods of time and weren't big hits with fans, when they went out of production, suddenly shot up in resale value.

But it's also silly how folks seem to be focused on "resale value" over the actual enjoyment of a game.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I can't see them lowering the price to sell the remaining (whatever number that is) TNA2.0 machines.

The total number of Halloweens was always set in stone. It was totally up to the buyers to determine how many of those were CE and BSE.

This is the post I remember and was odd not xxx number on it.

50CB3E18-6A0B-45A9-A4E9-CBC93670C0E2 (resized).png50CB3E18-6A0B-45A9-A4E9-CBC93670C0E2 (resized).png
#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

With some more thought into the theme, and because it's a hype thread, here's some things I'd love to see...
1) The spinner sound like HAS to be the xylophone sound of Shaggy and Scooby running in place before they dart off.
2) Would probably be the best Spooky theme to date to utilize a lower playfield.
3) A cool ball lock mech could be a hallway with a bunch of doors and they all open to expose a ball at the start of MB.

Your note on the spinner sound is spot on. Not sure if that would get annoying but I always make that noise to my kids when the dog starts to run around lol. Love it

#313 1 year ago

Question:

I have not yet bought a spooky pin. So is it that if I want a better chance of getting a CE...I have to join the $45 Fang Club?

#314 1 year ago

If it weren’t for those meddling kids!

Gimme a ZOINk

Here’s a link to the sound effects

https://soundeffects.fandom.com/wiki/Scooby-Doo!_Mystery_Incorporated?action=edit&section=3

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Maverick87:

Never owned a spooky before but this may be my first. Do I join the fang club to purchase this year or next?

Hi Maverick87. You have to join the fang club to order direct from Spooky I believe. But if you get a membership now it will be good all next year and you may get the extra swag stuff for both years. Otherwise you can purchase from a distributor or purchase someone else's preorder spot when they change their mind. At some point there will be a facebook page for the game where people will start selling spots again just like Halloween.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Question:
I have not yet bought a spooky pin. So is it that if I want a better chance of getting a CE...I have to join the $45 Fang Club?

Depends on how popular it’s going to be…it’s not needed for the new run of TNA, but was for the initial release of Halloween. I think it’s fang members only for first couple weeks. Hard to say how this one will go in this environment and without seeing any images. I don’t think the above poster is correct on distributors during initial window…I purchased Halloween from a distributor day 1 and did have to also have fang membership.

#317 1 year ago

I love Scott by but I don't live the flipping lifestyle, so I don't preorder anything. I would rather wait until there's good gameplay videos and reviews out, especially since IMHO Spooky doesn't have as well established a track record yet. I do like rooting for the little guys, but I'd be more confident if this was coming from JJP or Keith Elwin.

Anyway, I'm excited to watch the full reveal on Thursday and find out more...

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Depends on how popular it’s going to be…it’s not needed for the new run of TNA, but was for the initial release of Halloween. I think it’s fang members only for first couple weeks. Hard to say how this one will go in this environment and without seeing any images.

Thanks...I don't know if I like this system....But, good for Spooky anyways, nice to have more pins available.

#319 1 year ago

The real decision comes the day of and how many ppl want it. Then you need to decide if you are going to order from distro or Spooky directly. I don't know how Halloween/ULT went, but R&M was crazy.

I'm still on the fence for this game. I realized it would fit well with the themes I have, but still not sold that I want the theme bad enough to order without playing first. Will reserve judgement until after the actual reveal.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The real decision comes the day of and how many ppl want it. Then you need to decide if you are going to order from distro or Spooky directly. I don't know how Halloween/ULT went, but R&M was crazy.
I'm still on the fence for this game. I realized it would fit well with the themes I have, but still not sold that I want the theme bad enough to order without playing first. Will reserve judgement until after the actual reveal.

I feel that way also. But, I think I'm willing to take a chance on this pin, spooky has improved in time IMO as a non owner just doing my homework. I think it is a great theme..don't let me down!

#321 1 year ago

Following

#322 1 year ago

Still wondering who the designer is…

#323 1 year ago

We will definitely have it at Pizza J! Pretty amped for this one.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I love my Halloween dearly, and I love everything I play from Spooky. But I’ll be sitting this one out. I just don’t have enough of an emotional connection to Scooby Doo to buy this.
I’ll happily play it on location, though!

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from chewitt:

Hi Maverick87. You have to join the fang club to order direct from Spooky I believe. But if you get a membership now it will be good all next year and you may get the extra swag stuff for both years. Otherwise you can purchase from a distributor or purchase someone else's preorder spot when they change their mind. At some point there will be a facebook page for the game where people will start selling spots again just like Halloween.

I’ve seen that Scooby spots will be non-transferable, just like TNA 2.0.

#325 1 year ago

You couldn’t really be anymore wrong about this. I personally watched a gameplay video before I purchased Halloween aaaaand so did all of the other buyers. “Let’s not forget what happened..” get real dude.

Also HWN is f’n awesome

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ok let's not forget what happened. 2k NON refundable deposits without showing anything from the game. Not even the ability to put the deposit towards a future game if you did not like layout, art, etc etc. There ARE people out there that are not flippers and just want to see what they are committing too. Sure it is the buyers fault for knowing this and taking the risk but that does not excuse these manufacturers taking advantage of fomo and withholding all information on purpose to solidify the money. Doesn't both sides need to take some blame for this ? Business is business, but it sure says a ton about the type of business you want
Your company to be known for well into the future.
Having said all that, I really like the company and mostly I like the people within it, but whoever came up with " don't show a thing, take the money, and don't let them out of it without a 2k penalty , is not the type of business I prefer to do business with and I see this from many others as well.
I will sit on the sidelines on this one and see what type of company Spooky chooses to become as I believe they have read the room and will most likely take a much different path then they did with the last 2 titles.
Rooting for Spooky and to make this theme a good one with a great release !
Flame on

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You couldn’t really be anymore wrong about this. I personally watched a gameplay video before I purchased Halloween aaaaand so did all of the other buyers. “Let’s not forget what happened..” get real dude.
Also HWN is f’n awesome

Let's recap

Spooky announces July 5: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/spooky-announces-halloween-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/ which included this trailer

The game went on sale July 7

The first stream of gameplay was early August

Halloween/Ultraman was sold with barely any information, including some false information like Bowen being a consultant on rules. (That was an outright lie by Spooky)

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This is the post I remember and was odd not xxx number on it. [quoted image]

It would have made more sense back then as it was well discussed by Spooky that there would be 1250 total Halloween pins made but the number of ce or blood suckers edition would totally be determined by buyer preference. Could have been 1250 Blood Suckers and 0 CE pins technically.

#328 1 year ago

Anyhow, I am hyped for Spooky and Scooby. It's a great pinball theme.

#329 1 year ago

Spooky efficiency and number of builds per week has grown over the past year it appears.

I don’t remember how Spooky did the non refundable deposit thing last time other than it was opening up the orders at a certain time and ended up being a shit show with server issues and such.

Nvm, Treybo summarized the time line ^^^

I ended up buying a low 100 spot from someone. CE butter

I know a lot people ended up being pissed off because they didn’t ultimately like Halloween or figured out they were going to lose $$$

I like my Halloween a lot.

Hard to say “it’s the 1st Spooky pin that has ever lost value” which isn’t true, and think Halloween was a one off when you are starting from a MUCH higher price point.

Just like Bond, TS4 etc, you are going to lose $$$ on the secondary market when you go to sell.

Thus, there should be zero FOMO. If we all haven’t learned that lesson by now then there is no hope for us.

All that said, I don’t know how Spooky is going to get away from the “non refundable” deposits?

You don’t want a bunch of looky Lou’s clogging up the pipeline and they need some visibility on what they can expect to build.

However, they will need to allow a longer time frame to allow buyers to evaluate some game play BEFORE $$$ becomes locked, unlike last time.

Bottom line, the FOMO model should be on life support, zero reason to believe you can’t get any game later at the same price or probably cheaper, and that includes JJP, Stern and everybody else

I’ll probably get a Scooby game if it looks good. Just won’t be on a FOMO rush.

#330 1 year ago

Let's hope it's based on the first two original seasons, and none of the later stuff. But then, I'm pretty sure whatever they do, isn't the pinball I'd design around this childhood favorite.

#331 1 year ago

Was a day 1 (refresh at the opening) Rick and Morty Buyer. They sold out in 4 hours and I got my machine a year later.

I passed on Haloween and Ultraman because I didn't care for the theme, but was glad those who wanted the dream theme got one. I actually saw an Ultraman in the wild yesterday and played 2 balls... before it crashed (the computer literally reset in the middle of the game).

My TNA and Rick and Morty were rock solid while I had them. Even took Rick and Morty to a couple of shows without issue. I'm hoping Scooby knocks it our of the park with this one. I'm hoping for a more traditional design with this one. Maybe this is Danesi?

#332 1 year ago

I Hope to have a beautifull machine loaded with beautifull parts as Alice Cooper castle.

Maybe we Can Hope for a mystery mansion

I have an Alice and a rick and Scooby IS my Dream machine, i think and Hope that it will be based on original 70's. That's what suggest the pinball name "scooby-doo, where are you"

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bottom, the FOMO model should be on life support, zero reason to believe you can’t get any game later at the same price or probably cheaper, and that includes JJP, Stern and everybody else

Starting with JJP TS4 and afterwards, I tend to agree. The manufacturers have pretty much guaranteed that with their outrageous price hikes.

But it gets us back to somewhat "normal" in this hobby where distribs had every title in stock (even LEs) and people only buy NIB because they plan to keep it long term (or don't mind losing $2k when they sell shortly after buying).

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spooky efficiency and number of builds per week has grown over the past year it appears.
I don’t remember how Spooky did the non refundable deposit thing last time other than it was opening up the orders at a certain time and ended up being a shit show with server issues and such.
I know a lot people ended up being pissed off because they didn’t ultimately like Halloween or figured out they were going to lose $$$
Hard to say “it’s the 1st Spooky pin that has ever lost value” which isn’t true, and think Halloween was a one off when you are starting from a MUCH higher price point.
Just like Bond, TS4 etc, you are going to lose $$$ on the secondary market when you go to sell.
Thus, there should be zero FOMO. If we all haven’t learned that lesson by now then there is no hope for us.
All that said, I don’t know how Spooky is going to get away from the “non refundable” deposits?
You don’t want a bunch of looky Lou’s clogging up the pipeline and they need some visibility on what they can expect to build.
However, they will need to allow a longer time frame to allow buyers to evaluate some game play BEFORE $$$ becomes locked, unlike last time.
Bottom, the FOMO model should be on life support, zero reason to believe you can’t get any game later at the same price or probably cheaper, and that includes JJP, Stern and everybody else

I've never understood the CE/LE announcement with the launch of a game. I really don't understand it now that some are trying to get $13K out of them before anyone has really got to play them.

I would think they would do a 2 tier BSE/Standard or Premium/Pro to start. If the game is a hit or becomes a hit then you can base your CE run on it. Similar to how Adams Family gold went. If the game is a monster, like Godzilla, do a run of 1000 CE/LE's and charge whatever you think the market will bear. If it's an underwhelming game like TS4 or Munsters, then either cut the CE run to a much smaller number or don't do one at all. Focus the capital on improving the code since that seems to be where all the main gripes come from on these newer games.

I guess it doesn't matter to manufacturers as they sell out of their CE/LE's almost immediately but I sure don't see why they wouldn't wait so they could make a true CE/LE while keeping people from feeling like they got burned. I would think this way would also help with eliminating scalpers. Sure, you will have some people pay a premium because they want their premium now but, for the most part, it will surely slow them down.

This doesn't just pertain to Spooky, but the industry as a whole.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My guess is FOMO is still strong with this crowd

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I've never understood the CE/LE announcement with the launch of a game. I really don't understand it now that some are trying to get $13K out of them before anyone has really got to play them.
I would think they would do a 2 tier BSE/Standard or Premium/Pro to start. If the game is a hit or becomes a hit then you can base your CE run on it. Similar to how Adams Family gold went. If the game is a monster, like Godzilla, do a run of 1000 CE/LE's and charge whatever you think the market will bear.

This isn't the 90's. Addams was mostly in locations. There was barely a home market. Now it's almost entirely a home market with big spenders and collectors. LE/CE is offered up front, because "get it or its gone" is easy money. The other "lesser" versions are just gravy, if the game is still in demand. If there's no LE/CE at launch...the usual suspects who ONLY buy that type of game are going to sit and wait it out...and people who buy Premiums/Pros will also wait to play first...why would they order a game when there's no FOMO? FOMO sells games and has kept these companies in business during this weird era of home-buyer pinball.

#337 1 year ago

So pumped

James who?
Godzilla what?

I love my spooky games

Cool fucking themes ,layout always different
Art is the best

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If there's no LE/CE at launch...the usual suspects who ONLY buy that type of game are going to sit and wait it out...

If this is true...I'll be sitting, then

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Let's hope it's based on the first two original seasons, and none of the later stuff. But then, I'm pretty sure whatever they do, isn't the pinball I'd design around this childhood favorite.

That’s already been established. Watch the trailer again.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

If this is true...I'll be sitting, then

I was just giving an example about why all companies do CE/LE editions. All Spooky games are limited. That’s their biz model. Nothing to worry about if limitedness is important to you.

#341 1 year ago

I'm happy for everyone who is excited for this theme. I cant wait to see it and play it. I'd be in on it more than likely but not after losing $2500 on Ultraman. Some of the reasons ultraman was so terrible (callouts, no code at launch) I imagine will be fixed. My personal opinion on not liking the layout of UM/HWN is too much my own preferences to guess but hopefully the design has more going on. I'm sure it will.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

the reasons ultraman was so terrible (callouts, no code at launch)

So just like Bond?

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

My guess is FOMO is still strong with this crowd

I’m just trying to throw out some reason but I’d agree, the mad scramble will probably happen again on some level.

Price gets too high. FOMO somewhat dead. That’s the other side of the coin now for these companies. Demand destruction.

To think that these companies have to rely on FOMO and tricking the buyer is not a winning or sustainable strategy imho

#344 1 year ago

Spooky lost many Customers after the Ultraman and Halloween, think that's when Spooky jumped the Shark.
Hopefully Scooby Do will 'reset' and 'vindicate' the company in the pinball community. Hopefully they start
working on a Merit based marketing campaign vs FOMO marketing scheme. Sadly I'm out.

#345 1 year ago

Personnaly i like how spooky work, standard/BS/CE are just options. You buy the FINISH you want not a false limited edition as JJP or a false LE as stern just because they put a mirrored backglass... They just create a collectible illusion.

Spooky have honest position to say that you buy the pin you want.

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Spooky lost many Customers after the Ultraman and Halloween, think that's when Spooky jumped the Shark.
Hopefully Scooby Do will 'reset' and 'vindicate' the company in the pinball community. Hopefully they start
working on a Merit based marketing campaign vs FOMO marketing scheme. Sadly I'm out.

say what now?

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I may need to find more money

No kidding. Just got my Ultraman home and also picked up a Maiden this weekend. Need a breather for the wallet, but I'm super interested in this one, too.

#348 1 year ago

I love it when clueless people flounce. It reminds me of my little sister.

Too late. he's gone.

#349 1 year ago

LOL... What?

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I Hope to have a beautifull machine loaded with beautifull parts as Alice Cooper castle.
Maybe we Can Hope for a mystery mansion
I have an Alice and a rick and Scooby IS my Dream machine, i think and Hope that it will be based on original 70's. That's what suggest the pinball name "scooby-doo, where are you"

I don't think we are going to let you down! This game is the most stunning game we have put together. It really is beautiful

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.