20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 130.
#3301 1 year ago

CE #255 checking in

#3302 1 year ago

I purchased a CE in the afternoon from Pinballstar and I'm happy if I have a very high serial number. I was 701 with my Halloween.

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've only purchased two pins in the last 15 years. In 2014 I received an unexpected bonus check from my employer for working 20 years with them and used it to buy Mustang premium NIB. In 2019 I felt selfish buying EHoH LE NIB since my wife never played any of my games (but that looks like a good decision now).
I'm 73 and retired now (I worked until almost 71). My wife of 42 years died in September at age 65. We chose not to have any kids, so now it's just me and our two German shepherd dogs. The last two months have been pretty tough. Only God knows how much more time any of us have, so I preordered Scooby-Doo CE to hopefully lift up my spirits.

God bless you brother and an excellent choice of game

#3304 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I've only purchased two pins in the last 15 years. In 2014 I received an unexpected bonus check from my employer for working 20 years with them and used it to buy Mustang premium NIB. In 2019 I felt selfish buying EHoH LE NIB since my wife never played any of my games (but that looks like a good decision now).
I'm 73 and retired now (I worked until almost 71). My wife of 42 years died in September at age 65. We chose not to have any kids, so now it's just me and our two German shepherd dogs. The last two months have been pretty tough. Only God knows how much more time any of us have, so I preordered Scooby-Doo CE to hopefully lift up my spirits.

I’m sorry to hear that tragic loss. I also have two shepherds so I’m sure the house isn’t too quiet! Enjoy the new game and thanks for sharing with us.

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Sorry for your loss…but appreciate you sharing. I certainly hope the Scooby pin DOES lift those spirits!

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

sorry for your loss, 65 is young. i have sadness for you today

#3307 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That’s terrible, 65 is way too young. I really do hope that you can find some happiness in this ScoobyDoo preorder mayhem…if Spooky is watching this thread bump this fella up the list sounds like he could use some good news this holiday season!

#3308 1 year ago

BSE #1807 from spooky

#3309 1 year ago

I’m BSE #1804. My order #13590.

#3310 1 year ago

CE#268 direct from Spooky

#3311 1 year ago

Order #13470
CE #73
Direct

#3312 1 year ago

Sounds like you had a wonderful life and a terrific wife. Sorry about your loss. Find some comfort in the joy I'm certain you both shared and the wonderful memories that will someday bring a smile instead of tears. Enjoy those fur children. Enjoy your games!!!

#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I guess the next time in Chicago area I need to visit Carol Stream Village and say hello to a fellow Pinsider

#3314 1 year ago

Order #13749
BSE #1814
Direct

#3315 1 year ago

Joe told me I'm always going to be first in line since he still owes me from the GNR CE debacle. Still love you Joe.

#3316 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

… so now it's just me and our two German shepherd dogs …

And one hilarious and clever sense of humor!

#3317 1 year ago

Order #13599
SE #1907
Direct

#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Since it will be way too long before I get to play the game...I put myself through a bit of CAD retraining to draw up the space kook ship.
Rendering on bottom
I'm thinking it would make sense to either be on top of the far right (airfield) ball guide or on top of the large plastic in the rear.
I'm not a mod maker by any account... I'm just planning to paint it.
But i imagine someone could make some design modifications to have one that lights up and
is interactive... That would be cool
[quoted image]

Put me on the list for this

#3319 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

@littlecammi, if you pm me your address, my family and our dog would like to send you a Christmas gift. I’m not sure if we could make it to you before the holiday but we’d like to try.

#3320 1 year ago

Can someone please make a flashing space kook Sculpt? With a clear helmet front. Lit eyes and the red flashing. If you can tie it into his mode even better.

#3321 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Joe told me I'm always going to be first in line since he still owes me from the GNR CE debacle. Still love you Joe.

Nope ... he told me that #1 was mine because I bought AFM LE and MB LE from him, then got SHUT OUT on CC LE when his allotment sold out in 17 seconds!

I'm still sorry, Joe! Man, I was grumpy that day!

#3322 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Since it will be way too long before I get to play the game...I put myself through a bit of CAD retraining to draw up the space kook ship.
Rendering on bottom
I'm thinking it would make sense to either be on top of the far right (airfield) ball guide or on top of the large plastic in the rear.
But i imagine someone could make some design modifications to have one that lights up and
[quoted image]

Yes! If this, or something similar gets made then I want IN! PLEASE make this and take my money!

#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

BSE #1851 Checking in.
Seems there will be very few of these and standards out there.

You can take it to Pincinnati 2024!!

#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You can take it to Pincinnati 2024!!

You bite your tongue. Haha

#3325 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Since my number is 1851, wouldn’t that mean they sold at least that many?

Quoted from cooked71:

In previous runs (RM for example) Spooky start the numbering of the non CE editions from the end and worked backwards.

It may be different this time because there are 2 cheaper versions (R&M only had BSE and SE), but looking at the numbering of other SE and BSE’s in this thread it appears that’s what they’re doing.

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Nope ... he told me that #1 was mine because I bought AFM LE and MB LE from him, then got SHUT OUT on CC LE when his allotment sold out in 17 seconds!

Do you have number matching LEs of the remakes?

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Do you have number matching LEs of the remakes?

I had #900 AFM and #900 MB, but I sold the AFM. They didn't do # match with CCr unless the same person bought ALL previous CGC # match, and they had to mail in picture proof of owning all of them.

I got a CCr LE coming from another distributor (supposedly), but not # match.

#3328 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR just got our numbers yesterday and given we are the largest Spooky distributor there is some time involved to get orders laid out. We will be emailing everyone their numbers either later today or tomorrow. Please be patient and don't email asking until we get the emails out - it will only take our time away from getting the numbering done. : )
TY
Joe

How do you do the numbers? by when you asked to be put on the list?

#3329 1 year ago

He has specifically asked numerous times to not be hassled about this haha

Quoted from beltking:

How do you do the numbers? by when you asked to be put on the list?

#3330 1 year ago

Super stoked to have gotten #71... so close to getting a matching "74" though.
Who got #74? Wanna trade spots?

#3331 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:How do you do the numbers? by when you asked to be put on the list?

Just know that Joe is driven by a desire to be as fair as possible to his customers. After the CCr disappointment that I experienced, Joe took the time to make a personal phone call to me to apologize and to describe his struggle with finding a process that honors his repeat customers, still attracts new customers and is as fair to all as possible. That is why he changed up the way that he had done previous releases. Because it's new this go-around, we aren't really sure of the particulars of the process. Rest assured, you will be treated fairly.

#3332 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcdeeth:

I’m BSE #1804. My order #13590.

See you on the line!!
BSE #1802 order #13533

#3333 1 year ago

To follow on Mdanielb sentiment about Joe. Joe is probably one of the nicest guys I have dealt with. He always takes the time to answer questions even if he as received the same one over and over. He is a class act, and I know he will attempt to do the line in the fairest way possible. That is why I have bought all my new machines from Joe. You just can't get better service and someone who really cares about his customers.

#3334 1 year ago

I've been listening to the various podcast interviews and Bug says that you "solve" mysteries. I wonder if that means there will be randomness to the modes. Meaning clues could be placed at different locations on the playfields.

For example, you start Black Knight mode "mystery" and you have to shoot lit shots to solve the mystery. Next game, you start Black Knight and the shots to complete the mode are totally different from the last game. Not sure if this would be a coding nightmare but it would definitely keep you on your toes each time you start mysteries.

#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

anyone get numbers from nitro yet?

Also wondering about Nitro. I got a confirmation email, but nothing on my CE # yet.

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Also wondering about Nitro. I got a confirmation email, but nothing on my CE # yet.

Same.

#3337 1 year ago

Tommy said "possibly" on friday he would get a list, i would guess over the weekend IF he gets a list there is a possibility of early next week. i can just imagine the amounts of emails for orders he will have to send. lets practice patience on this one guys, Tommy is a good guy with a small office staff.

#3338 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's what I hate about life. It has to end for all of us. I can accept that.

But what I love about life is the fun stuff we can do. Simple stuff like pinball.

I hope you can get together with a buddy or 4 and play the game together. Pinball is funner-er in groups!

#3339 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Tommy said "possibly" on friday he would get a list, i would guess over the weekend IF he gets a list there is a possibility of early next week. i can just imagine the amounts of emails for orders he will have to send. lets practice patience on this one guys, Tommy is a good guy with a small office staff.

Nobody is being impatient, just asking the group for info like many others are. I've been buying from Tommy for years and know how he operates, which is why I asked here instead of bugging him about it. The first part of your reply was exactly the info sought until the lecture part.

#3340 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I am right there with you at 552, and I also am quite happy with that number.

553 here, but asked to be pushed back as far as build goes.

#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Rendering on bottom
[quoted image]

Put me on the list please

#3342 1 year ago

Ordered 12/9/22 at 2pm. Direct.
CE#469

#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thank you for sharing this story. When I'm stressed with work I often go and play pinball to clear my head...takes me to a different world for a little while to get my mind off reality.

#3344 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Spooky has already publicly stated they sold more than 1250, you just choose not to believe them. No one is winning any prizes on these wild guesses anyway.

Not looking to win any prizes .. there are plenty unsold from Distros too .. this is not a bad thing because it’s better for us collectors to have the option to wait . Just did some math and I’m pretty confident 1250 games are not spoken for at the moment . I ordered one as soon as I could because I think it looks cool and I will enjoy being sooner in line and getting to see it improve .

#3345 1 year ago

Nobody is being impatient, just asking the group for info like many others are. I've been buying from Tommy for years and know how he operates, which is why I asked here instead of bugging him about it. The first part of your reply was exactly the info sought until the lecture part.

i have been buying from him for years as well, but im sure many on here have not and would prefer Tommy not to get flamed over order numbers.

#3346 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Can someone please make a flashing space kook Sculpt? With a clear helmet front. Lit eyes and the red flashing. If you can tie it into his mode even better.

Need more Space Kook, Captain Cutler, Creeper or the Scooby group but not sure where to put them in your CE? We have the answer.

We are working on 6 new product mod lines to be ready to show off at The Texas Pinball Festival. I will give a preview here of one of these new mod lines, but it won’t be ready for a couple of months, we call it our “Pinball Peek-A-Boo’s”. They are laser cut black wrinkle powder coated steel with RGB LED’s.

They mount on the side of your game at any height (left or right, they are reversable), with no permanent changes to your game. We will have an optional add on accessory on so it can turn on and off with any light in your game. The mod only comes with one design, but we will have 15 different designs for Scooby Doo.

People that have seen these installed have been very impressed.

We are making a major investment on our new mod lines and website upgrades (500 hours of programming) to be done over the next 9 months. On our “Pinball Peek-A-Boo’s” we have over 1,000 designs done (most games in Pinside's top 50). When the website is upgraded you will be able to interactively make your mod, and we will custom make it to your design.

LED’s are difficult to take pictures of, so these pictures are not as good as I would like them to be, but it will give you an idea. Also, most of those designs are available for our “Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers” and those would be available to order in about a month (we are going on a vacation till then) if you PM us.

We will make a new thread when these are available.
3 game view (resized).jpg3 game view (resized).jpgcaptain cutler distance (resized).jpgcaptain cutler distance (resized).jpgcaptain cutler yellow (resized).jpgcaptain cutler yellow (resized).jpgcreeper green (resized).jpgcreeper green (resized).jpgscooby doo selection (resized).jpgscooby doo selection (resized).jpgspace kook blue (resized).jpgspace kook blue (resized).jpgspace kook red (resized).jpgspace kook red (resized).jpg

#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Not looking to win any prizes .. there are plenty unsold from Distros too .. this is not a bad thing because it’s better for us collectors to have the option to wait . Just did some math and I’m pretty confident 1250 games are not spoken for at the moment . I ordered one as soon as I could because I think it looks cool and I will enjoy being sooner in line and getting to see it improve .

Spooky's definition of sold is probably different than yours. A distributor committing to a certain allotment is considered sold to them regardless of how long games are still available with the distributor.

#3348 1 year ago

Can someone at Spooky let me know how the distributing goes? I was under the impression that You guys let 50 machines go, then distro's get 50, then back to you guys..right? Because I see people getting their CE#'s from you, and numbers in the 70 range..shouldn't any number between 51 and 100 be numbers from Distros? I ordered from Nitro, and nothing yet, as far as emails/place in line/CE#. thanks in advance

#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And it's gone...
[quoted image]

The first 200 buck loss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/67?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.