20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 130.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not necessarily I recently gave my games a bit more space and really enjoy seeing more of the art...
[quoted image]

I wish I had the extra space to do that because the artwork on most modern pins is beautiful but I’m like most I suspect, I pack them in so I can get as many as possible in me designated space. I’ve expanded the space available for pins three times now with Scooby I’m at 13 and literally cannot fit another. I get to have the game room exactly as I want so I am not trying to bring any upstairs that’s a battle not worth having and eventually I’ll never win anyway. I’ll take my simple victories. I think I can LIVE with 13. Course I said that when I was at 2….

#2652 1 year ago

drop target ball save is new, i have never seen that before.

SD DT (resized).jpgSD DT (resized).jpg
#2653 1 year ago
smb (resized).jpgsmb (resized).jpg
#2654 1 year ago

If you believe what Charlie said (that they have sold more in one day than any of their other games) then that would lead me to believe that they sold through more than 1750 (direct and through distributors) and that would mean that there are about 220 left. BUT I’m sure each of the 8 distribs have some left as well. PinballStar, who has the largest allotment was near to selling out last time I checked. But really…does it matter if it sells out…or is close to sell out? The game looks cool as hell and I can’t wait to play it and get it on location and watch the code grow over the course of ownership. Im not gonna say this a home run for them but it definitely looks that way right now. Great license, great artwork, accessible layout, full assets and perfect cast for callouts. It just looks incredible.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Glad they have sold so many and glad they sold more then any previous game.
How many have they sold?
Thanks

#2655 1 year ago
Diamond Lady (resized).pngDiamond Lady (resized).png
#2656 1 year ago

I love how Stern won’t even budge the bom for a single row of drops on a premium…enter spooky…here’s 8000 drop targets on a single game just cause, enjoy! Haha

Quoted from ls1chris:

[quoted image]

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love how Stern won’t even budge the bom for a single row of drops on a premium…enter spooky…here’s 8000 drop targets on a single game just cause, enjoy! Haha

Deadpool Premium has 11 drops.

#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you believe what Charlie said (that they have sold more in one day than any of their other games) then that would lead me to believe that they sold through more than 1750 (direct and through distributors) and that would mean that there are about 220 left. BUT I’m sure each of the 8 distribs have some left as well. PinballStar, who has the largest allotment was near to selling out last time I checked. But really…does it matter if it sells out…or is close to sell out? The game looks cool as hell and I can’t wait to play it and get it on location and watch the code grow over the course of ownership. Im not gonna say this a home run for them but it definitely looks that way right now. Great license, great artwork, accessible layout, full assets and perfect cast for callouts. It just looks incredible.

It matters because then I will get my BSE sooner if it doesn't sell out

#2659 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love how Stern won’t even budge the bom for a single row of drops on a premium

Their hardware is so cheap it is unbelievable.
Still can't get over them removing things like the Jump-Up Ramp in LZ. There couldn't be much in savings involved there as there are no mechs involved, just the ramp and maybe 4-5" of habitrail.

But they pulled the most interesting shot in the game out of the Pro for almost no BOM savings. Insane.

#2660 1 year ago

Yes, so…the one example to the contrary

Quoted from newovad:

Deadpool Premium has 11 drops.

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

[quoted image]

GOTTLIEBS EXIST

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Scooby also doesn't have 8000 drops.

#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Beatles has 11 and pretty feature rich for a game with no ramps. What is your point?

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Beatles has 11 and pretty feature rich for a game with no ramps. What is your point?

Seriously, don't waste your time.

#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

and would be great if it was priced 2k, like games with similar gameplay. Anything more is sucker money.

#2666 1 year ago

I can think of 5 Stern Pros off the top of my head that have drops and I'm sure there are more. But it is cool that Spooky has drops and I'm happy not every game does have them. Keeps some variety in the mix.

#2667 1 year ago

Was able to "upgrade" my BSE to a CE. Guess the hype got me!

#2668 1 year ago

So I’m gonna wait to see a gameplay stream and take my chances. What I’ve seen so far for shots just isn’t interesting enough for me to make the leap. I hope I’m proven wrong and there’s games to be had after the stream with Danger drops. but at this point I’m gonna sit back a bit.

Not that anyone cares. Just justifying it to myself because I’ve been going back and forth since sales opened up! Ugh.

#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I can think of 5 Stern Pros off the top of my head that have drops...

to 2010; I think I got them all?
DP, AIQ, IMDN, Rush, SW, LZ, GB, TWD, GOT, MET, Mustang, Avengers, EDIT: Stranger things & BKSOR

#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Was able to "upgrade" my BSE to a CE. Guess the hype got me!

For a grand more it’s really a no brained. To me anyway. Still about the the same price of a Stern premium in 2023.

#2671 1 year ago

It was a joke guys, cmon.

Quoted from Vino:

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

After going through through the price crash of Halloween it really does matter to me, that is why I am waiting to buy one from a person who has some life changes and no longer wants the game. I can save a couple thousand and still get a game earlier then first day buyers. The more games that are unsold the bigger the crash = larger the savings. So seeing the all distros have games left after being told by Luke that the distros had more names then games is a good sign for buyers that are playing the waiting game. I really wish no one ill, but it is all about the money I need for retirement and I can' over spend on my hobbies.

Seeing the largest distro still having games and not being sold is a great sign I may have played Scooby just right

With TS4 CE's gong for thousands less then MSRP, and the distros were all sold out on day one and now they all have them has really pushed the second hand market down into a buyers market.

Waiting for a year for the game HW, and seeing the game HW being sold for thousands less on pinside everyday really sucked for me and I did not want to go through those belly pains again, took a lot of joy out of buying HW for me. Maybe if I was a real baller and the price drop and money loss did not matter to me it would have been better, but I have to watch my pennies so I can retire someday.

The game does look awesome and I love many of the things Spooky has done in the game. Some of my only post on games I wanted to see was Scooby and Ozzy, one down one to go

Some negative people may see me as a hater but I am a Spooky Scooby LOVER Can't wait to flip this bad boy! We are a lucky bunch to have a awesome license being made, thanks Spooky!!!

#2673 1 year ago

Has there been any explanation of the rules like the character modes etc..

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

But they pulled the most interesting shot in the game out of the Pro for almost no BOM savings. Insane.

Well when a game is barren its hard to create model differentiation… so they cut deep.

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Their hardware is so cheap it is unbelievable.
Still can't get over them removing things like the Jump-Up Ramp in LZ. There couldn't be much in savings involved there as there are no mechs involved, just the ramp and maybe 4-5" of habitrail.

And it took many YEARS of complaining about the playfield pegs on the Pro until Stern eventually caved and included rails. It happened right after Aerosmith IIRC. The pegs made it impossible to work on the flippers, which often needed some love care to dial-in.

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well when a game is barren its hard to create model differentiation… so they cut deep.

Exactly! Seemed like a throw back edition of a game. I am huge Led Zeppelin fan and was so disappointed. Not a RUSH fan but this pin is awesome. Only selling to pay for Scooby.

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

After going through through the price crash of Halloween it really does matter to me, that is why I am waiting to buy one from a person who has some life changes and no longer wants the game. I can save a couple thousand and still get a game earlier then first day buyers. The more games that are unsold the bigger the crash = larger the savings. So seeing the all distros have games left after being told by Luke that the distros had more names then games is a good sign for buyers that are playing the waiting game. I really wish no one ill, but it is all about the money I need for retirement and I can' over spend on my hobbies.
Seeing the largest distro still having games and not being sold is a great sign I may have played Scooby just right
With TS4 CE's gong for thousands less then MSRP, and the distros were all sold out on day one and now they all have them has really pushed the second hand market down into a buyers market.
Waiting for a year for the game HW, and seeing the game HW being sold for thousands less on pinside everyday really sucked for me and I did not want to go through those belly pains again, took a lot of joy out of buying HW for me. Maybe if I was a real baller and the price drop and money loss did not matter to me it would have been better, but I have to watch my pennies so I can retire someday.
The game does look awesome and I love many of the things Spooky has done in the game. Some of my only post on games I wanted to see was Scooby and Ozzy, one down one to go
Some negative people may see me as a hater but I am a Spooky Scooby LOVER Can't wait to flip this bad boy! We are a lucky bunch to have a awesome license being made, thanks Spooky!!!

I don't see it exactly the same way. *If* games remain unsold for 6 months to a year, then yes, you will get a discount on a used game vs a NIB game.

*If* games sell out before production begins and software is maturing at a nice clip, you will likely pay OVER MSRP in order to get a game.

Scooby is a more popular license than Halloween and Ultraman combined. I doubt you'll ever see a $2k discount on Scooby games in the market.

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It was a joke guys, cmon.

Ha

Ha

Ha

#2679 1 year ago

I was seriously considering SD. However, after the new Halloween update I am out. The update is a disaster full of bugs and WTF moments. They kept talking about the great things that we coming, and while there were some cool things most of what they talked about were not there but plenty of bugs. I have praised Spooky all along the way, but not even having a Halloween for the coder to test the new code on?? WTF??

Spooky, you seriously need to stop worrying about the next game and focusing on finishing the last one (code wise) first. We deserve better.

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Curious to know what people think could be modded on the CE. Spooky packed this thing aesthetically so there isn’t really much left to mod… but I still like customizing… thinking the bravery meter is prime for some mods… not sure what else but I’d love to find a way to get Space Kook or Creeper somewhere on the playfield…

We will have a mod for the CE's of both the Space Kook and The Creeper. It will be ready for the Texas Pinball Festival. It will be a mod line that has never been done before.

#2681 1 year ago

If you think you like the layout and theme, and are concerned about price going up or down, I wouldn’t wait. This one is going to be a huge hit! The code will end up being awesome. Solving cases and catching bad guys to progress through the game. It’s all right there for them to hit a home run! Layout looks nice, game looks beautiful. Cmon! I’m all in for a CE! No, I don’t work for spooky. This will be my first spooky, and I’m sure there will be a lot more of us…

#2682 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

The code will end up being awesome.

See above.

If you want stacked modes where the colored LED's to show you what to shoot for are the wrong color and all over map so you don't know what is going on, animations glitching over each other and a general sense of chaos, yes it is awesome. And this is well over a year after this game came out.

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was seriously considering SD. However, after the new Halloween update I am out. The update is a disaster full of bugs and WTF moments. They kept talking about the great things that we coming, and while there were some cool things most of what they talked about were not there but plenty of bugs. I have praised Spooky all along the way, but not even having a Halloween for the coder to test the new code on?? WTF??

I was thinking the same thing on the new HWN code. It's like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. The new animations and clips make the game feel more fleshed out, but now there are more issues with inserts not lighting and modes that don't work. The timing of events is all off, and some of the clips are just too long. Also the biggest issue before was the santarium and house modes taking over the whole display (and the audio) and that somehow seems even worse now. Those modes should be pushed to the lowest priority because one of them is almost always running. I'm hopeful that this will all get cleared up, but it's right back to having faith and playing the waiting game.

#2684 1 year ago

I’m excited too but the coding concerns are definitely valid. I haven’t even bothered to apply this recent HWN update but I also understand that the new coder did a shitload of framework rebuilding in order to make future updates available more frequently in the future so…I’m just trying to be patient. You should prepare to be patient now or you may be upset later. Jussayn.

Quoted from Sweetwillie:

If you think you like the layout and theme, and are concerned about price going up or down, I wouldn’t wait. This one is going to be a huge hit! The code will end up being awesome. Solving cases and catching bad guys to progress through the game. It’s all right there for them to hit a home run! Layout looks nice, game looks beautiful. Cmon! I’m all in for a CE! No, I don’t work for spooky. This will be my first spooky, and I’m sure there will be a lot more of us…

#2685 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m excited too but the coding concerns are definitely valid. I haven’t even bothered to apply this recent HWN update but I also understand that the new coder did a shitload of framework rebuilding in order to make future updates available more frequently in the future so…I’m just trying to be patient. You should prepare to be patient now or you may be upset later. Jussayn.

I agree. I paid almost $11k for this machine when taxes and shipping and butter cab are added. We deserve full attention to complete this game.

I just hope the new framework will lead to faster updates to squash these bugs. If so, I will buy a SD in a second. It looks awesome.

Halloween is so close to being an amazing game, just please fix the code problems!

#2686 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

to 2010; I think I got them all?
DP, AIQ, IMDN, Rush, SW, LZ, GB, TWD, GOT, MET, Mustang, Avengers,

Stranger things is pretty much centered around drop targets.

#2687 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wish I would have waited to update also, mine had a coil lock on after the update. Never had an issue before.

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

...The code will end up being awesome.... This will be my first spooky....

Checks out

#2689 1 year ago

Rose colored goggles, I do have faith they will eventually get there. Spooky really needs to make cod dev a priority across their entire line of games but especially with HWN UM and most importantly Scooby. If they botch Scooby or drag their feet they will not be forgiven by the folks who bought them. Especially the first time buyers. This is a make or break situation. Rooting for them bigtime as I really do believe they make the most gorgeous and interesting games in the market.

#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Rose colored goggles, I do have faith they will eventually get there....

Yeah we know.

#2691 1 year ago

You can just block me if you want. No hard feelings haha

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah we know.

#2692 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you believe what Charlie said (that they have sold more in one day than any of their other games) then that would lead me to believe that they sold through more than 1750 (direct and through distributors) and that would mean that there are about 220 left.

I think they view UM and Halloween has 2 different games, meaning 1250 would be the number he was referencing. But no way to know for sure.

#2693 1 year ago

There won't be any coming back from botched Scooby code problems. They have no choice

#2694 1 year ago

Ahhh right on, hadn’t considered that. Still pretty good

Quoted from JSC:

I think they view UM and Halloween has 2 different games, meaning 1250 would be the number he was referencing. But no way to know for sure.

#2695 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

For the last few posts I thought I was in the HWN thread.

#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

There won't be any coming back from botched Scooby code problems. They have no choice

Good theme can cover a lot of problems.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

For the last few posts I thought I was in the HWN thread.

haha... one thing is for sure, whatever the numbers are for SD....have to be more than HWN/Ultraman when you factor in there were SOOOO many flippers buying games.

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Spooky, you seriously need to stop worrying about the next game and focusing on finishing the last one (code wise) first.

Doesn’t keep the production line rolling though. It’s a hungry beast that needs feeding constantly.

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

haha... one thing is for sure, whatever the numbers are for SD....have to be more than HWN/Ultraman when you factor in there were SOOOO many flippers buying games.

Exactly!! Glad many got burned. They were expecting R&M money right out of the gate. I am very happy with my HWN and many others bailed because of early code.

Look at Stranger Things, patience paid off for that one. I think same will be for Halloween. Scooby theme for me is well worth the price of admission. Wife is demanding it also lol. Halloween is hers also.

#2700 1 year ago

spot lights looks blah to me, i hope one of you modders comes up with something cool, like some kinda marine style lamp for the upper PF, and old english style spooky lanterns for the lower ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.