20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 130.
#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No that's not how it works. Buying from Spooky would not get it to you any sooner really. You're talking differences of 50.

It is how that works. My understanding is that in every 100 machines they push out, 50 go out to internal buyers and 50 then split to ALL distributors (so like 5 to one distro 5 to another ect....)

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No that's not how it works. Buying from Spooky would not get it to you any sooner really. You're talking differences of 50.

50 split between 8(?) distributors and 50 direct equaled getting though early via Spooky got you and earlier game in the HWN release.

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I am thinking 950 sell day 1 .
Anyone else have a number in mind.

Hmm I am guessing 650, not one dealer is out of them yet, and many dealers had more names down for orders then games available. I am still trying to connect some dots. Something is not right.

#2304 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I feel you. I learned this lesson on HWN. Jumped to a distributor after multiple failed attempts going direct only to see people who kept trying an hour later on Spooky’s site ended up getting much earlier numbers. Do I decided to stick with it in the site this time. Hoping to help with early QA this time.

Lol, saw you just requested access to the tracking sheet for hwn

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hmm I am guessing 650, not one dealer is out of them yet, and many dealers had more names down for orders then games available. I am still trying to connect some dots. Something is not right.

Distributors picked up more spots because of the website issue.

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

People get in multiple lists/end up buying direct or decide not to buy. Having a list isn’t a sale. In my experience hunting hyped limited games, with any new release a lot of distributors will conservatively say they have none available only to call a couple weeks later. I don’t think this is going to be hard to get for a while - at least until you start seeing them I’m the wild and people say it’s great….that could cause a mad Godzilla style rush. In this market I think a lot of buyers want to actually play the game or at least see a lot of opinions.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Spooky posted earlier that they allocated more to distributors when their site host took a shit… so that could be a factor.

#2308 1 year ago

Pretty sure Spooky is fine with game taking awhile to sell, gives others a chance to scoop one up down the road when they take the game to shows. Nice to be able to tell someone that wants one after playing it that they're still available.

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Lol, saw you just requested access to the tracking sheet for hwn

Looking to bring back sad memories of realizing how long I was going to have to wait… and prepping myself for going through the same process again.

I need a Spooky Prime membership because I want my order next day.

#2310 1 year ago

Hey Spooky it's been like 4 hours since I ordered, is it ready for shipping now or what ? congrats on a good day

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Hey team is there an Australian group grabbing these?

Hey man - I'm in on one. But yeah I had to choose Austria as the shipping location because there was no Australia in the list!

#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Hey Spooky it's been like 4 hours since I ordered, is it ready for shipping now or what ? congrats on a good day

clark.gifclark.gif
#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

People get in multiple lists/end up buying direct or decide not to buy. Having a list isn’t a sale. In my experience hunting hyped limited games, with any new release a lot of distributors will conservatively say they have none available only to call a couple weeks later.

Funny how that works I am seeing it more and more first with TS4, heck CE's all over now but they were sold out, Bond LE sold out day one but you can still buy them from distros.

Spooky says distros have more names on list then they have games, and you think people switched and bought direct from Spooky, seems to me it went the other way Spooky buyers were leaving Spooky for dealers due to website issues.

Sitting back and watching this has been very fun and educational.

So Spooky may have over allotted themselves games and are giving up spots to distro's? That is kinda neat.

I am thinking of that George Thorogood song one Bourbon one Scotch and one beer. The line in the song where he says:

"Now you funny too."

Congrats everyone who got a game, seems like a great game from what I have seen so far. Love those long wire form returns, that extra sling and mini playfield.

Are any distro's out of games yet?

#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from Epik:

So I was looking at buying on the spooky website and when I could not, I went to a distributor to get a CE instead. Now I feel a little upset since I now could have gotten it direct and assured that I would get it sooner. Since there is no way to get a "where in line I am" response from the distributor, I don't want to find out that I could have bought it direct and how it sooner, but now since I bought it through a distributor, I possibly won't get it till towards the end of the CE run. Grumble Grumble...Zoinks

Welcome to phase 2.

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am thinking of that George Thorogood song one Bourbon one Scotch and one beer. The line in the song where he says:

"Now you funny too."

Thorogood covering John Lee Hooker... give The Hook his due!

#2316 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Welcome to phase 2.

I was phase 2 about 30 mins after buying.

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Not sure how changing this after the fact makes it more fair. The 50/50 rule is the reason I (and I assume others) stuck with the painful direct site experience for so long… to have better odds of an earlier build.
The site issues didn’t even seem as bad for as long as the HWN release so I don’t see that as a new factor.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Will probably have to go a but heavier on the ditributor pages to make it as fair as possible! I was thinking about the same thing

This also is reasonable take. I’m not trying to start a sh*tstorm for Spooky in any way…

I believe that whatever they decide will ruffle some feathers on one side and please others as with everything else on pinside.

Yet another definition of first world issues. . I feel blessed to even be able to afford a handful of games!

It just seems that with 50 being split among (now) 8 or 9 distributors that the date of order could be taken into account as well. Thats just a handful to each distrib every few weeks…. I paid my Fang Club fee just like everyone else up to this point but if sales slow a bit some folks that order direct in a week, or whenever its open to non Fangers (wut?) can easily jump way before me. Why then did I buy the membership? For the super cool freebies??

I personally dont care. The game will get here when it gets here and I’m cool with that. Unlike my pal who has a CCRLE on order…yeesh. (I would actually love to have this game get to me first just so I could really give him crap!!)

Anyway, just found it interesting to discuss… carry on and enjoy the excitement of a new pin on the way!

#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Welcome to phase 2.

Can someone tell me where I am in line??

#2319 1 year ago

Did Kerins have input on rules?

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Can someone tell me where I am in line??

You are almost out of frame with the red carry bag.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

This also is reasonable take. I’m not trying to start a sh*tstorm for Spooky in any way…
I believe that whatever they decide will ruffle some feathers on one side and please others as with everything else on pinside.
Yet another definition of first world issues. . I feel blessed to even be able to afford a handful of games!
It just seems that with 50 being split among (now) 8 or 9 distributors that the date of order could be taken into account as well. Thats just a handful to each distrib every few weeks…. I paid my Fang Club fee just like everyone else up to this point but if sales slow a bit some folks that order direct in a week, or whenever its open to non Fangers (wut?) can easily jump way before me. Why then did I buy the membership? For the super cool freebies??
I personally dont care. The game will get here when it gets here and I’m cool with that. Unlike my pal who has a CCRLE on order…yeesh. (I would actually love to have this game get to me first just so I could really give him crap!!)
Anyway, just found it interesting to discuss… carry on and enjoy the excitement of a new pin on the way!

The way games were being allocated was well broadcasted in this forum through multiple threads and on live QnA session on Facebook and YouTube. This model was not a surprise unless you didn’t do your due diligence.

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Did Kerins have input on rules?

Bowen works for Multimorphic, currently, I believe.

#2323 1 year ago

Still have received TNA-2.0, my number is 40. Butter tho

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

The way games were being allocated was well broadcasted in this forum through multiple threads and on live QnA session on Facebook and YouTube. This model was not a surprise unless you didn’t do your due diligence.

Yes, most knew the fastest way to get your game was to order direct from Spooky as close to 10 AM today as possible. It was the Spooky site crashing repeatedly that had frustrated people resorting to placing their order through a distributor that resulted in the problem of inequitable delivery times. Unless this is taken into consideration, the difference could literally be several months.

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Welcome to phase 2.

Quoted from littlecammi:

..Unless this is taken into consideration, the difference could literally be several months.

Buuuuuut they didn't seem to really ship the numbers in 'order' so it would be tough to tell anyway

#2326 1 year ago

750 Scooby's pre orders units sold is what I would expect. Scooby is an Awsome theme but Rick and Morty is a better one and current to today's world that sold 750.

#2327 1 year ago

How would the order of operation work if they build all the CEs, start on the BSEs, then start getting more CE orders?

#2328 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How would the order of operation work if they build all the CEs, start on the BSEs, then start getting more CE orders?

Go back to CE's is my guess.

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

750 Scooby's pre orders units sold is what I would expect. Scooby is an Awsome theme but Rick and Morty is a better one and current to today's world that sold 750.

True, but I think a lot of folks grok the idea that it might be more fun to play as the Scooby Gang. As in, it might be more fun to collect clues and solve cases a'la classic Scooby Doo methods, like the game and the rules have a definite direction.

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Won't be an issue for months. They will build them and send to distros even without deposit holding customers.

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t imagine that this could happen. They will be building CEs for the next year. This will be sold out long before then.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yes, most knew the fastest way to get your game was to order direct from Spooky as close to 10 AM today as possible. It was the Spooky site crashing repeatedly that had frustrated people resorting to placing their order through a distributor that resulted in the problem of inequitable delivery times. Unless this is taken into consideration, the difference could literally be several months.

Honestly that’s just an impulsive decision to flip like that. The people that did that knew the ramifications of their decision. Seems like people are just disgruntled now and trying to cut back in line. If you preferred the ease of ordering through distro then great but don’t try convincing them to change the fulfillment model now to benefit you when we all played by the same rules.

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Rick and Morty is both a younger, and more adult theme. It's a bigger cultural theme now probably? A lot of people on Pinside weren't aware of it before the pin announcement and didn't start watching it until afterwards though.

Scooby-Doo is a license that's still active, I mean my kids were watching Mystery Inc a few years+ ago for instance. But it's aimed pretty much right at the heart of the older, buying demographic. I'd argue that a lot more potential buyers here were more familiar with SD than R&M. And familiarity and nostalgia definitely help sell things.

It's a pretty perfect theme for Spooky. It's "spooky", but also if you think about it, the game that put Spooky on the map was AMH which was essentially in the vein of Scooby-Doo, as far as humorous supernatural themes go.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I can’t imagine that this could happen. They will be building CEs for the next year. This will be sold out long before then.

When do you think this game will be sold out?

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It won't matter, there will be many games up for sale long before they are done building them, just like every release.

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

What's the deal with the limited production? Is their production floor not capable of supporting demand, trying hard to be exclusive, or do they not like money?

They just wanted to piss you off.

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rick and Morty is both a younger, and more adult theme. It's a bigger cultural theme now probably? A lot of people on Pinside weren't aware of it before the pin announcement and didn't start watching it until afterwards though.
Scooby-Doo is a license that's still active, I mean my kids were watching Mystery Inc a few years+ ago for instance. But it's aimed pretty much right at the heart of the older, buying demographic. I'd argue that a lot more potential buyers here were more familiar with SD than R&M. And familiarity and nostalgia definitely help sell things.
It's a pretty perfect theme for Spooky. It's "spooky", but also if you think about it, the game that put Spooky on the map was AMH which was essentially in the vein of Scooby-Doo, as far as humorous supernatural themes go.

I didn't know what R&M was before the Spooky game. Still haven't watched it. Still want a R&M. Agree that Scooby is probably in the sweet spot for the main demographic that is purchasing pins for home use.

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Just above home built? Huh. Didn’t think that when I play a Rick and Morty. Might be eating your words I’m thinking. Better than an Alien with QC. Maybe restructure your thoughts perhaps?

I’m not arguing with you Queen Henry, you can eat a bag of Deez. I have credibility when it comes to assessing build quality of a machine. All I’m saying is that if someone has $9k they want to drop on a machine as an “only pin” or part of a small collection there may be better options.

#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It's a different market now than when R&M came out (pre-pandemic), I also think this is a farther reaching theme after a year of underwhelming and overpriced titles from other manufacturers. My guess is over 1500 sold day one and the entire 1969 sold out before Christmas.

#2340 1 year ago

Don’t think there’s a perfect answer for distribution order question.

The 50/50 allocation was prefaced on the website working as planned and allowing people to chose between their hard working distributer and hard working supplier to purchase a machine. With supplier website down significantly at/after launch people were moved over more heavily to distributors.

With all the great anticipation for this machine (looks justified) it may have “spooked” many buyers to purchase from distributors or fear they couldn’t get a game at all. Don’t think they, or their distributors who will get the upset calls, should be penalized for site crashes. Also hate for people who kept trying the website to be penalized.

That said, I think answers from buyers will be biased based on which route they ultimately took to reserve a game. Seems to me that once distributors were allocated more games then originally planned to offset the website issues then the distribution algorithm should be altered similarly. That seems balanced to my thinking.

#2341 1 year ago

I've got CE #1970 I'll sell for $2,000 lol.

Any chance we can get a Rick and Morty 2, with a new license agreement including all assets and kick ass new layout akin to Scooby Doo?

#2342 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I've got CE #1970 I'll sell for $2,000 lol.
Any chance we can get a Rick and Morty 2, with a new license agreement including all assets and kick ass new layout akin to Scooby Doo?

How is the serial number provided already?

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just my guess: within 2 weeks. I agree with another poster that 1,500 ish likely sold today.

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Spooky posting here really helped in my decision to buy the machine. Also, thank you for the interviews. My wife and I both listen to the podcast with Zach and the YouTube live last night.

Agreed! New to Spooky and the live on YouTube helped solidify our purchase as well. The genuine personality and enthusiasm for pinball is evident. And Joe at PinballStar made the process painless. Never believed launch day purchase could be so relaxing and enjoyable, and that comes from manufacturer to distributor relationships, which means you take care of those who help you make good games. Good job!

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's a different market now than when R&M came out (pre-pandemic), I also think this is a farther reaching theme after a year of underwhelming and overpriced titles from other manufacturers. My guess is over 1500 sold day one and the entire 1969 sold out before Christmas.

I hope so..I wish Spooky nothing but the best. They make some very fun/quirky machines and that’s what they do best. They don’t need to cater to the masses. As long as they cater to King Henry’s best interests that’s all that matters.

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

12/9/23

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Will Scooby sell out before TNA 2.0

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

I didn't know what R&M was before the Spooky game. Still haven't watched it. Still want a R&M. Agree that Scooby is probably in the sweet spot for the main demographic that is purchasing pins for home use.

I'm 52 and loved loved loved Rick and Morty years before the pin came out. And I'm Fucking pissed I didn't get one. Had I more $$$ at the time, I would have been in, you son of a bitch!

#2349 1 year ago

Sold my R&M last week. Awesome game but couldn’t get into it. Was a hard game or maybe I just suck at it. Scooby looks a fit easier but we shall see. That pop one the left gets you on R&M a lot.

Love that it’s a wide body in 2022! Looking for a Williams Indy too if anyone has one around Ohio.

#2350 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm 52 and loved loved loved Rick and Morty years before the pin came out. And I'm Fucking pissed I didn't get one. Had I more $$$ at the time, I would have been in, you son of a bitch!

I'm sorry but I read posts like this combined with your avatar and it just cracks me up, well done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/47?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.