20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 130.
#2251 1 year ago

#2252 1 year ago

There will be plenty to go around you do not have to stick you neck out for it. It seem like you will miss out but remember you are in a thread with a few hundred people high-fiving each other on a pre-order.
Congrats to them.

#2253 1 year ago

Decided to jump in the Spooky train and go for a ride! This will be my first Spooky pin and I’m excited. I only went with the Standard since this is my first dance with Spooky. I guess I’ll see you guys in about 14/16 months…lol

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Well... I'm in. And I know a few dealers who ran out. Fortunately they got a few more. Sounds like the game is selling really well.

We shuffled more to dealers who ran out during the website meltdown!

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That's no stinkin' sticker, that's some serious butter. Mmm butter.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put some UV blocker on that window!

#2256 1 year ago

Great job spooky!
Way to manage to contain the chaos and hold the ship steady

#2257 1 year ago

I’m in for a CE !
Couldn’t pass this up as I was raised on Scooby cartoons .

#2258 1 year ago

Added the tag for game in the database:

Ruh roh Shaggy

#2259 1 year ago

Congrats Spooky! Get those Pancakes!

868D22E9-A99F-42E1-ACCD-2664B0258F03 (resized).jpeg868D22E9-A99F-42E1-ACCD-2664B0258F03 (resized).jpeg
#2260 1 year ago

Good luck all you early adopters!

I’m so short of space and hate selling my current pins so have to wait and see how it plays hopefully can play before buying.

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Also, it appears the buttons are clear. RGB flipper buttons? They look like the are, but aren't really called out in the specs.

They did mention these are the clear type of buttons with full RGB behind them. I have light up flipper buttons on my R&M and UM but they aren't RGB, just static colors. Will be cool to see these lights controlled by the game.

#2262 1 year ago

I am not a fan of Scooby Doo and I did not like the show growing up. I can say if you are into the show this pin looks amazing. I really hope this game does well for Spooky. They are showing they can be a contender with Stern/JJP. If they can get their quality control better, I can see them being #3 in the pinball world and really give Stern/JJP a run for their money.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Well... I'm in. And I know a few dealers who ran out. Fortunately they got a few more. Sounds like the game is selling really well.

Who were they?

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

Oh sure, rub it in... Now I really want one. Looks awesome!! Congrats on the beautiful machine.

Thanks, I do love it and you just have to see it from top to bottom. Fun, unique and low production pin.

Just playing the HWCE with 1.09 code and am ecstatic about the adds. Just keeps getting better IMO. Loving our Spooky pins so far and looking forward to Scooby.

20220416_111710 (resized).jpg20220416_111710 (resized).jpg20220417_130505 (resized).jpg20220417_130505 (resized).jpg
#2265 1 year ago

Pinside owners map showiing about 23 owners total so far.
Update your collection and add Scooby doo!

#2266 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We shuffled more to dealers who ran out during the website meltdown!

Curious… if that will effect the 50 in house, 50 to distributor out the door model you have used in the past?

Certainly not meant to come off as a complaint in any way…genuinely curious.

I have been extremely impressed with everything the whole Spooky team has done since the teaser! I love the enthusiasm, openness and willing to actually LISTEN to what your customers are saying.

Hope the day finishes strong and the ramp up to manufacturing goes smooth!

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I have been extremely impressed with everything the whole Spooky team has done since the teaser! I love the enthusiasm, openness and willing to actually LISTEN to what your customers are saying.

100% agree!

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Curious… if that will effect the 50 in house, 50 to distributor out the door model you have used in the past?
Certainly not meant to come off as a complaint in any way…genuinely curious.

Will probably have to go a but heavier on the ditributor pages to make it as fair as possible! I was thinking about the same thing

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks, I do love it and you just have to see it from top to bottom. Fun, unique and low production pin.
Just playing the HWCE with 1.09 code and am ecstatic about the adds. Just keeps getting better IMO. Loving our Spooky pins so far and looking forward to Scooby.[quoted image][quoted image]

Totally agree. ACNC would be the absolute last to leave my collection - you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands. Maybe it doesn't do well on location or something, but in a home environment it is really something special. UM is similar - fun, unique pin. Looking forward to the code updates there, but it's really good now. Stern has some great games lately, but I just find Spooky's machines more enjoyable. I'm in on Scooby CE with butter! Shout out to Tommy at Nitro - great experience with my UM and he was great working with me on my Scooby order. Last I checked he still had "many in stock."

#2270 1 year ago

Spooky posting here really helped in my decision to buy the machine. Also, thank you for the interviews. My wife and I both listen to the podcast with Zach and the YouTube live last night.

#2271 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Update your collection and add Scooby doo!

Doesn't seem accurate to add it until it's in my house.

#2272 1 year ago

I added Scooby to my collection, and couldn't help but notice that CCr LE is at 399 days and still counting.

#2273 1 year ago

Sold out yet? Wouldn’t surprise me by tomorrow.

#2274 1 year ago

Seems like we had more than a few people in on our list and other distirubtors lists... and then ordered directly too. That being said, i have 5 openings as of right now 230pm cst.

#2275 1 year ago

Looking at the gameplay vids I've not noticed any 'trap doors', but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that there is at least one somewhere... is there?

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Sold out yet? Wouldn’t surprise me by tomorrow.

Still available! Hard to say for sure on total sales right now as everyone is trying to total up their numbers but from what I can gather it was an incredibly successful day!

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Doesn't seem accurate to add it until it's in my house.

I agree, I plan to add to my wish list until in the house. [Added.]

#2278 1 year ago

Asked somewhere else, but this seems like a good place to ask, too.

How deep are Spooky games typically?

#2279 1 year ago

I think I’m gonna go in for a CE. Question: do the machines usually come more quickly via distributors or if you buy it through Spooky directly?

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I am not the best player so for me Halloween is deep lol

#2281 1 year ago

Decided to go in on a CE... First Spooky so hoping this is a good experience but game looks too good to pass up NIB.

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I really did not have the money to buy it but I will find the funds somehow.

The foundation of all peaks

#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Seems like we had more than a few people in on our list and other distirubtors lists... and then ordered directly too. That being said, i have 5 openings as of right now 230pm cst.

Highly recommend Kingpin, they do a personal check as well if you want to avoid transaction fees.

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have two and thinks that they are deep, object oriented games. This one will be the same or better and I am guessing better as the team is at their best at this point, IMO.

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Strange, still zero by my count.

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

In my opinion they are similar to Bally/Williams games, and to me that's a good thing. There's a reason many of those games are still crazy expensive. I want to add a R&M. I've heard the code is incredible on that one, but I dont know about "deep." My impression is that the code on Scooby may be deeper than on prior Spookys.

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Will probably have to go a but heavier on the ditributor pages to make it as fair as possible! I was thinking about the same thing

Not sure how changing this after the fact makes it more fair. The 50/50 rule is the reason I (and I assume others) stuck with the painful direct site experience for so long… to have better odds of an earlier build.

The site issues didn’t even seem as bad for as long as the HWN release so I don’t see that as a new factor.

#2288 1 year ago

Adorable that you think that OPERATORS don’t have the skills to fix games, it’s all we do!!! Haha

Quoted from Mando:

Hot take .. but … I know first ones are always to operators to get the game in the wild but seems maybe better to send to collectors with some skills to fix the intial issues ?

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Not sure how changing this after the fact makes it more fair. The 50/50 rule is the reason I (and I assume others) stuck with the painful direct site experience for so long… to have better odds of an earlier build.

Yep. +1 on this comment.

#2290 1 year ago

So everyone else gets to order on the 23rd right?

If you're not a Fang, they take your name down and let you know on the 23rd if you can put down a deposit?

#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Jason at classic game rooms still has some . Seems like a solid guy .

He is. Bought a few games from him.

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

The site issues didn’t even seem as bad for as long as the HWN release so I don’t see that as a new factor.

+1

#2293 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Adorable that you think that OPERATORS don’t have the skills to fix games, it’s all we do!!! Haha

I can’t imagine it would be very profitable to have games down waiting for a pinball repair guy to pay for all the time!

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I agree witht this as well! I wouldn't worry about it to much. No changes have been made on that end

#2295 1 year ago

So I was looking at buying on the spooky website and when I could not, I went to a distributor to get a CE instead. Now I feel a little upset since I now could have gotten it direct and assured that I would get it sooner. Since there is no way to get a "where in line I am" response from the distributor, I don't want to find out that I could have bought it direct and how it sooner, but now since I bought it through a distributor, I possibly won't get it till towards the end of the CE run. Grumble Grumble...Zoinks

#2296 1 year ago

No sir definitely not haha

Quoted from monitorpop:

I can’t imagine it would be very profitable to have games down waiting for a pinball repair guy to pay for all the time!

#2297 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

In my opinion they are similar to Bally/Williams games, and to me that's a good thing. There's a reason many of those games are still crazy expensive. I want to add a R&M. I've heard the code is incredible on that one, but I dont know about "deep." My impression is that the code on Scooby may be deeper than on prior Spookys.

I would say code on R&M is very deep, but not in the conventional way. It does have the more modern multipliers, and 10 actual modes, but where it shines and makes it completely original and deeper than most is the dimensions (of which there are...50 ish?) the combination of these stacked on top of multiballs and modes can make each play very unique. and you can go through multiple dimensions while in a single mode.

#2298 1 year ago

I am thinking 950 sell day 1 .
Anyone else have a number in mind.

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from Epik:

So I was looking at buying on the spooky website and when I could not, I went to a distributor to get a CE instead. Now I feel a little upset since I now could have gotten it direct and assured that I would get it sooner. Since there is no way to get a "where in line I am" response from the distributor, I don't want to find out that I could have bought it direct and how it sooner, but now since I bought it through a distributor, I possibly won't get it till towards the end of the CE run. Grumble Grumble...Zoinks

No that's not how it works. Buying from Spooky would not get it to you any sooner really. You're talking differences of 50. (they may have tweaked it some I dunno)

#2300 1 year ago
Quoted from Epik:

I feel you. I learned this lesson on HWN. Jumped to a distributor after multiple failed attempts going direct only to see people who kept trying an hour later on Spooky’s site ended up getting much earlier numbers. Do I decided to stick with it in the site this time. Hoping to help with early QA this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.