20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 130.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

as far as I know for Halloween, the first 50 or so wen to VIPs (friends, family, people that worked on game etc) and it just happened that there were a couple operators in that list.

Ahh ok . I see the adopter curve .. I don’t mind fixing a few things on my games

Unrelated is it me or does it seem to have clear silicon rubbers ?

#2202 1 year ago

First time Spooky buyer here. I was able to finally snag a CE at noon. I didn't see an option though for butter cabinet. Does Spooky contact you later or was there an add on option that I missed? I figured it'd be easier to ask here than bother Spooky on game day.

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

First time Spooky buyer here. I was able to finally snag a CE at noon. I didn't see an option though for butter cabinet. Does Spooky contact you later or was there an add on option that I missed? I figured it'd be easier to ask here than bother Spooky on game day.

I understand that comes when you’re game is ready to be built.

#2204 1 year ago

congratulations

#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Spooky really knocked one out of the park. Good going Team Spooky !
Not sure how soon they'll be rolling out. But the holidays will be really special this year.
LTG : )

Wow with this many Spooky games getting out there might be time to get LTG on board to help with support...

#2206 1 year ago

When your game is ready to be made they will ask you if you want a butter cabinet. Could delay shipment by 4 weeks possibly or more. Price is $1499

#2207 1 year ago

I got butter on my UM looks amazing but at 1400 I think I’ll pass this time round .

#2208 1 year ago

Butter cabinet is awesome, but I don't trust myself with one - one ding or scratch and I wont be able to unsee it.

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Butter cabinet is awesome, but I don't trust myself with one - one ding or scratch and I wont be able to unsee it.

I’m the same way haha

#2210 1 year ago

Really on the fence on this one. Early information suggests this game could be winner on all fronts. Have the opportunity to get in on a CE (only one I'd be interested in as I'm a sucker for awesome cabinet artwork) but ideally wouldn't pull the trigger until actual gameplay and asset footage reveal (which likely isn't possible in light of the fact that Spooky doesn't have all licensor approval locked up yet). Plus, I was waiting on MMr from CGC--but that doesn't look like its going to happen until at best Q3 or Q4 of 2023 and if SD turns out to be "the whole package" it would be a shame to miss the boat and rely on the vagaries on the secondary market. Decisions, decisions...

#2211 1 year ago

My JJP WOZ ECLE with their version of butter came pre-scratched so I didn't have to worry about it. Thanks Jack!

#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Butter cab is $1449 this time…..

We have both ACNC and HWCE in butter and that was when butter was $1k USD ($1500 CDN). Both are gorgeous, show piece pins but it's unfortunately a hard pass at $1449 USD.

#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Exactly!! We move pins around and I don’t want to get a scratch. The decal looks good enough and awesome on my Halloween CE

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

My JJP WOZ ECLE with their version of butter came pre-scratched so I didn't have to worry about it. Thanks Jack!

Jack scratched your ECLE?! Damn him!

#2215 1 year ago

Butter is probably more durable than a decal but I get it

#2216 1 year ago

Thank you @chuckwurt, @multiballmaniac1, and @ballykiss1978! Not sure if I will go butter or not. It does look really nice, but pricey!

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Exactly!! We move pins around and I don’t want to get a scratch. The decal looks good enough and awesome on my Halloween CE

Moving pins around would be more a reason to go butter right? Protection for the art.

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Butter is probably more durable than a decal but I get it

I guess the theory is if you ding the decal and have ocd and have to fix it it’s much easier as you just need a decal.

Butter you’d need to get the whole screen printed piece to replace and who knows if possible or how much that will cost

#2219 1 year ago

Something to consider on butter, and it may not matter to you…but from what I see you will not get that back when/if you resell. Maybe it will be different if this ends up being a Godzilla masterpiece, but it’s not the case on other pins.

#2220 1 year ago

Thank you chuckwurt, Multiballmaniac1, and BallyKISS1978! Not sure if I will go butter or not. It does look really nice, but pricey!

I am more than happy not going butter. Unless it’s a center piece in a Scooby Doo collection I could see going butter and you are huge fan, otherwise I would save $1499. And your welcome.

#2221 1 year ago

Wow butter went up $500; gotta squeeze ever last drop.

In the end doesn’t matter. Haters will keep hating and we are getting an awesome game.

Haters hate and lovers love.

#2222 1 year ago
Screenshot_20221209-141328_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221209-141328_Email (resized).jpg
#2223 1 year ago

I am more than happy not going butter. Unless it’s a center piece in a Scooby Doo collection I could see going butter and you are huge fan, otherwise I would save $1499. And your welcome.

Also I guy I know who is a huge Halloween fan saw butter and no butter at a show and he didn’t see that much difference. He said the decal popped a bit more and brighter colors. He also has severe ocd

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow butter went up $500; gotta squeeze ever last drop.

Haters hate and lovers love.

You are talking to the #1 Spooky white knight there. No complaints ever from him...oh wait, he has complained in the past. Does that make him a former hater, now turned lover?

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

you’d need to get the whole screen printed piece

If it’s just the clear, you can sand it and reclear.

#2226 1 year ago

Who's gonna have a chance to stare at the cabinet when you're playing the heck out of this game! It looks amazing and I'm excited I was able to reserve with Pinball Star first thing this morning! Hoping I have it before next Halloween, but no worries. If I finally get my Elvira order from 2 years ago, they will look great side by side!

#2227 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Understood. But if it goes deeper than the clear then what?

#2228 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

I guess the theory is if you ding the decal and have ocd and have to fix it it’s much easier as you just need a decal.
Butter you’d need to get the whole screen printed piece to replace and who knows if possible or how much that will cost

Yeesh, wouldn’t one have to diassemble the cabinet to "fix" a scratched Butter? Has anyone ever even resorted to that?

Man, if my R&M was a Butter, I'd probably put velvet ropes around it, set up an alarm system with laser beams, hire an armed guard...

#2229 1 year ago

I have butter on my Ultraman (which I think is a great game, BTW). Looks amazing. I really like Matt Frank and Zornow's artwork. I have an ACNC that I got used that has the vinyl stickers. They look really good, but it is my absolute favorite game and at some point I might look to swap for one with a butter cab. I'd be willing to pay more for it, but maybe I'm in the minority. In any event, if you think this might be a keeper game for you, you might give more consideration to getting the butter cab. If you think there is a decent chance you'll sell, then maybe it's not worth the risk.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

Who's gonna have a chance to stare at the cabinet when you're playing the heck out of this game!

You'll have approx 2 minutes whilst the game is booting

#2231 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not as easy as it sounds. You just don’t sand and rattle can clear coat on it.

#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from DMinusOne:

I have butter on my Ultraman (which I think is a great game, BTW). Looks amazing. I really like Matt Frank and Zornow's artwork. I have an ACNC that I got used that has the vinyl stickers. They look really good, but it is my absolute favorite game and at some point I might look to swap for one with a butter cab. I'd be willing to pay more for it, but maybe I'm in the minority. In any event, if you think this might be a keeper game for you, you might give more consideration to getting the butter cab. If you think there is a decent chance you'll sell, then maybe it's not worth the risk.

It is a big process. You will have to sand the clear off and reapply a fresh clear coat. It would take a lot of wet sanding and would need to be done by a pro. You just can’t sand it and spray clear on it.

#2233 1 year ago

Pulling the trigger with a BSE. Excited to own my first Spooky title!

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Understood. But if it goes deeper than the clear then what?

Then it becomes harder. Touch up and reclear. Just like a playfield. Point is clear might protect art better than a decal with no protection. Just comes down to whether you care about the cab getting damaged no matter the route you take.

#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Really on the fence on this one. Early information suggests this game could be winner on all fronts. Have the opportunity to get in on a CE (only one I'd be interested in as I'm a sucker for awesome cabinet artwork) but ideally wouldn't pull the trigger until actual gameplay and asset footage reveal (which likely isn't possible in light of the fact that Spooky doesn't have all licensor approval locked up yet). Plus, I was waiting on MMr from CGC--but that doesn't look like its going to happen until at best Q3 or Q4 of 2023 and if SD turns out to be "the whole package" it would be a shame to miss the boat and rely on the vagaries on the secondary market. Decisions, decisions...

This game has over 2x as many as R&M. With the current state of things, even if it is a hit, it is unlikely it is going to dramatically increase in value like R&M did. Most likely it will easily be available on the second hand market. Just like every new game.

#2236 1 year ago

It’s not as easy as it sounds. You just don’t sand and rattle can clear coat on it.

You can do whatever you want. If that’s sanding and rattle can, it’s definitely an option.

#2237 1 year ago

That's no stinkin' sticker, that's some serious butter. Mmm butter.....

IMG_20190408_1820202 (resized).jpgIMG_20190408_1820202 (resized).jpgIMG_20190409_0735014 (resized).jpgIMG_20190409_0735014 (resized).jpgIMG_20190502_1841505 (resized).jpgIMG_20190502_1841505 (resized).jpg
#2238 1 year ago

Order CE from Pinballstar from Joe. I really did not have the money to buy it but I will find the funds somehow. After listening to the podcast from Spooky it pumped me up to buy it.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your fault!!!

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So many said it won't sell out today.....
While they're almost certainly right..... It would be hilarious to see "SOLD OUT!!!!" just to prove them wrong!!

Well as per Spooky Luke many dealers had more names for games then games available so we for sure should start seeing distros being posted up as sold out soon.

#2242 1 year ago

Jason at classic game rooms still has some . Seems like a solid guy .

#2243 1 year ago

So, I see a couple of possible pivot points on the topper. Do certain villains arms move or anything?

Also, it appears the buttons are clear. RGB flipper buttons? They look like the are, but aren't really called out in the specs.

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That's no stinkin' sticker, that's some serious butter. Mmm butter.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh sure, rub it in... Now I really want one. Looks awesome!! Congrats on the beautiful machine.

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Jason at classic game rooms still has some . Seems like a solid guy .

Jason is first class man, say it the way it is and helped me with my JJP when JJP would not.

#2246 1 year ago

I was wondering that as well. Does the topper move?

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

So, I see a couple of possible pivot points on the topper. Do certain villains arms move or anything?

No movement, just an RGB light show.

#2248 1 year ago

I'M IN!

I'm in I'm in I'm in! Woohoo!

Thank you Charlie, thank you Morgan, thank you Spooky!

Spooky NIB Game #4 at the co-op SOON!

#2249 1 year ago

Big thank you to Joe at PinballSTAR for helping us to reserve a Scooby Doo CE today.
Our first Spooky Game and a great experience with the ordering process.
Thanks team and can't wait to bring it home.

#2250 1 year ago

Well... I'm in. And I know a few dealers who ran out. Fortunately they got a few more. Sounds like the game is selling really well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 29.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.