20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 130.
#1801 1 year ago

100% in on a CE. What's advantage to paying deposit to distro over just ordering direct frim spooky on launch day?

#1802 1 year ago

I read earlier that a 'laugh track' (canned laughter as it's also called) is planned... if so, I'm hoping that this is disablable in the settings...

Anyone any insight into this?

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

We’re probably both looking at the same NIB Wonka, want to move up to Ohio and be my neighbor? Lol! I’ll split the cost right down the middle with you.

Man I would about do it just so we could have wonka lol. Now the price is 13,000$ holy crap this is at pinballs.com I started to call and ask them why they jumped it from 11.500$ a month and half ago to this much lol.

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I read earlier that a 'laugh track' (canned laughter as it's also called) is planned... if so, I'm hoping that this is disablable in the settings...

No settings have been announced by spooky.

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I’d also like to see this as a toggle feature. Just don’t want any repetitive sounds that could ruin enjoyment of the game in the long run.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

KingPinGames - [email protected]
PinballStar - [email protected]
Nitro - [email protected]
Flip n Out - [email protected]
Classic Game Rooms - [email protected]
there might be more, but that is what comes to mind.

Forgot one...

KingPinGames - [email protected]
PinballStar - [email protected]
Nitro - [email protected]
Flip n Out - [email protected]
Classic Game Rooms - [email protected]
Pinball Classics/Rob Anthony [email protected]

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#1807 1 year ago

Spooky is releasing its own proprietary board set and proprietary light board set… but zero mention of any documentation. This has been an issue for other recent games.

I wish they’d stuck with P-Roc. At least that gives a customer a fighting chance if something goes wrong outside of warranty.

After listening to their interview on TPS, too much “this time it’s going to be different” speak for me. I think it’s great this theme is out there for Scooby fans, but I’ll be waiting on the sidelines and let others be the Guinea pigs. As a 3-time buyer of NIB spooky games and the experiences Ive had with them, way too many unknowns and questions. I’m totally fine letting this one simmer for a year or two before I think about throwing any money at it.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Spooky is releasing its own proprietary board set and proprietary light board set… but zero mention of any documentation. This has been an issue for other recent games.
I wish they’d stuck with P-Roc. At least that gives a customer a fighting chance if something goes wrong outside of warranty.
After listening to their interview on TPS, too much “this time it’s going to be different” speak for me. I think it’s great this theme is out there for Scooby fans, but I’ll be waiting on the sidelines and let others be the Guinea pigs. As a 3-time buyer of NIB spooky games and the experiences Ive had with them, way too many unknowns and questions. I’m totally fine letting this one simmer for a year or two before I think about throwing any money at it.

A decent overview here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warden-pinball-controller#post-7282400

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Obviously...but you don't shoot for a sling...

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Somebody hasn’t played Rob Zombie…

Or R&M.

#1810 1 year ago

Exactly why I’ll be waiting. Lots of “in the future” and “if there’s enough interest” speak. It rings of when I put money down on ACNC after Charlie sent me an email telling me that there’s lots of polish and neat code features coming… or the promise of integrating new RM episodes into current code.

I think Spooky’s heart is in the right place, it’s been the execution that makes it easy to watch this all go down without putting my money into it.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It rings of when I put money down on ACNC after Charlie sent me an email telling me that there’s lots of polish and neat code features coming

ACNC code became very polished with lots of neat features. How did he not do what he said?

#1812 1 year ago

What time eastern time can we order on spooky website?

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

What time eastern time can we order on spooky website?

11am eastern

#1814 1 year ago

One thing I just noticed on pics in previous page, no plunger, just button.

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

One thing I just noticed on pics in previous page, no plunger, just button.

That is because the launch shot just 180's up to the right habitrail and down to the flippers. No need for varying plunge.

#1816 1 year ago

Where can one find last nights broadcast? Thanks.

#1817 1 year ago

Look like the mine cart characters are just connected via spring tension clips, and can be moved? They are on different wireforms in two of the official images.

SD-opp (resized).pngSD-opp (resized).pngSD-same (resized).pngSD-same (resized).png
#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Where can one find last nights broadcast? Thanks.

Youtube.

#1819 1 year ago

So if going for Spooky's site at 11 am eastern, do I just keep refreshing the pinball page until it shows up and go from there or is there somewhere else to look. Never tried through their page before. Also, does it tell you a #/spot in line before you purchase or after?

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd love to do a Pinky & The Brain, but I don't think it would be super popular.

Goonies, would be sweet

F95D98D4-299D-4231-9C68-624FC948CE2C (resized).pngF95D98D4-299D-4231-9C68-624FC948CE2C (resized).png
#1821 1 year ago

How many days until we see the following ad?

"Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances I have to sell my early run Scooby Doo deposit for a huge profit".

I do see one of these in hand being worth more in January/February/March than in April/May/June.

Good luck to the folks buying this. I hope it plays as good as it shoots and all your spooky dreams come true! Well... maybe not the spooky ones.

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Goonies, would be sweet
[quoted image]

Goonies is most likely an Instant buy for me. Regardless of who makes it

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Just above home built? Huh. Didn’t think that when I play a Rick and Morty. Might be eating your words I’m thinking. Better than an Alien with QC. Maybe restructure your thoughts perhaps?

Uh don't go overboard. I love my R&M, but it had a lot of work to do to get it to play like it was supposed to. Very little issues with Alien, and I have a much earlier Alien than R&M.

One thing about Spooky games is they are inconsistent in build quality, it's not exactly a secret.

#1824 1 year ago

Very interested to see how things go today.

Happy for Spooky - I think they have a hit on their hands.

#1825 1 year ago

So the cabinet and back box art is different between the models this time? The art on both the SE and BSE is rather bland with just the mystery machine compared to the CE.

#1826 1 year ago

Wait a minute, is there a scoop or 3 in this game?

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

"Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances I have to sell my early run Scooby Doo deposit for a huge profit".
I do see one of these in hand being worth more in January/February/March than in April/May/June.
Good luck to the folks buying this. I hope it plays as good as it shoots and all your spooky dreams come true! Well... maybe not the spooky ones.

I’m going with about noon eastern time 12/9.

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’m going with about noon eastern time 12/9.

LOL

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I dont doubt that will happen in short order. If you do see someone trying to sell a pre-order spot for a profit, just know that is heavily frowned upon by some distributors and manufacturers. Spooky deposits are non refundable, not transferable, and can't be cancelled.

This per my distributor, and I applaud this statement
Screenshot_20221209_090901 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221209_090901 (resized).jpg

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Wait a minute, is there a scoop or 3 in this game?

There is a scoop/VUK behind the two rows of drop targets on left side of game if that's what you're asking.

#1831 1 year ago

Cancel your 007 and get Scooby!

#1832 1 year ago

I am out of buying NIB for the foreseeable future. It's great because now I can just watch the pandemonium unfold. Can't wait to see how quickly someone is going to try and flip an early run deposit. Or has the market softened and we will see availability extend for days or even weeks?

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I am out of buying NIB for the foreseeable future. It's great because now I can just watch the pandemonium unfold. Can't wait to see how quickly someone is going to try and flip an early run deposit. Or has the market softened and we will see availability extend for days or even weeks?

wow what a ray of sunshine you are .....

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I dont doubt that will happen in short order. If you do see someone trying to sell a pre-order spot for a profit, just know that is heavily frowned upon by some distributors and manufacturers. Spooky deposits are non refundable, not transferable, and can't be cancelled.
[quoted image]

you just found a loophole in the non-refundable deposit lol

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

[quoted image]

Well that's interesting and new as far as I know, but...ultimately, not sure it will matter.

#1836 1 year ago

Wow. That cabinet art basically makes the CE the only option. Other than that it looks great. The game will be a hit. Can't wait to play one.

#1837 1 year ago

I wish I knew how to do butter cab, I would butter cab everything in the house.

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

butter mmmmmm

EC425922-AAD0-4B1F-9156-A738EFAD227F (resized).pngEC425922-AAD0-4B1F-9156-A738EFAD227F (resized).png
#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Butter just means clearcoated and polished (and direct print instead of decals, but you can clearcoat and polish just about anything at home if you desire!)

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Can't wait to see how quickly someone is going to try and flip an early run deposit

Not sure with 1969-thats a lot of machines

Wish they would have had actual art for the standard cab. Also wish they would make standards in between certain runs. I like how Stern pushes out Pros and does not make their Pro customers wait for the last production cycle. Seems like standard orders are going to take quite some time to see. By that time tons of CE models will probably be on second hand market. I am sitting on sidelines watching but if there was no mandatory club and they would manufacture standards and CE evenly-it might have me thinking about it. I don't need to be first but what is the point of being last in line. Makes me want to look at 007 more or get me a Godzilla LE and let the dust settle for SD.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

. I am sitting on sidelines watching but if there was no mandatory club and they would manufacture standards and CE evenly-it might have me thinking about it.

Don't order a CGC game ... can't get them out the door , plus they take deposits from international customers and can't ship because they didn't get the electronics passed ...
Each company has quirks ...

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Uh don't go overboard. I love my R&M, but it had a lot of work to do to get it to play like it was supposed to. Very little issues with Alien, and I have a much earlier Alien than R&M.
One thing about Spooky games is they are inconsistent in build quality, it's not exactly a secret.

My ACNC, TNA and R&M were mostly great OOB. Biggest issue was a failed servo on the ACNC guillotine. Otherwise, mostly normal pinball stuff like bending the scoop hood on TNA and tweaking the ball launch wireform on R&M. Really the only thing that bugs me is my ACNC backglass shipped with a small chip in the art.

Net--have spent way more time on Stern games like STh and Elvira than on any of my spooky games.

My Alien took a couple hours of tweaking, but otherwise was rock solid for me.

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure with 1969-thats a lot of machines
Wish they would have had actual art for the standard cab. Also wish they would make standards in between certain runs. I like how Stern pushes out Pros and does not make their Pro customers wait for the last production cycle. Seems like standard orders are going to take quite some time to see. By that time tons of CE models will probably be on second hand market. I am sitting on sidelines watching but if there was no mandatory club and they would manufacture standards and CE evenly-it might have me thinking about it. I don't need to be first but what is the point of being last in line. Makes me want to look at 007 more or get me a Godzilla LE and let the dust settle for SD.

So you'd rather have a Scooby SE @ $8k vs a CE @ $10k?

Yet, you want a GZLE @ $16k vs a Prem @ $9k?

I'm so confused!!!

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wish they would have had actual art for the standard cab

The cab art is really bad for standard. At least they could of had the van to represent Mystery Machine? Anyway I guess it really does not matter unless you are going to showcase the machine. For me SD would go in between machines anyway and you would not see the cab.

Also think butter cab is over rated and not worth it. Is this game a forever keeper and no machines next to it to showcase butter? The glossy art on Halloween vs butter-meh no biggie. Just extra shiny to me

The upper pf keeps having me think it may get repetitive for me? Bashing the monster at close range looks like it may lose its luster. Looks like it has good flow but will I miss the ramps? Will the upper bug me or will it be stellar?

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

So you'd rather have a Scooby SE @ $8k vs a CE @ $10k?

Yet, you want a GZLE @ $16k vs a Prem @ $9k?

I'm so confused

Yes I would want the standard SD but don't want to join clubs or be last in line

Yes I want a GZ LE before they go up in price even more. Thinking about trading my minty LOTR + cash for one-still on fence

#1846 1 year ago

Also guys if you are ordering a SD may check out Rob Anthony

First of all-he is one of the coolest and most knowledgeable guys in the industry(cough-best repair tech ever)

Second is he may have better allocation with lower numbers depending on how many direct sales are sold, etc.

I would be calling Rob if I was ordering a CE today

Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#1847 1 year ago

I disagree about the cabinet art..it is literally the van...you guys crack me up. How many of you fawn over the sides for years? Most of you(us) put them in a lineup and rarely see them outside of unboxing or moving them around.

Give me $500-1000 off and give me a flat black painted cab and boom.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The upper pf keeps having me think it may get repetitive for me? Bashing the monster at close range looks like it may lose its luster. Looks like it has good flow but will I miss the ramps? Will the upper bug me or will it be stellar?

I really loved the upper pf in ACNC and it had fewer shots than this one. The uppers in HWN/UM are satisfying, but a bit cramped. This one looks really fun.

Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I would want the standard SD but don't want to join clubs or be last in line
Yes I want a GZ LE before they go up in price even more. Thinking about trading my minty LOTR + cash for one-still on fence

Just think of the club as part of the cost of the game (but you also get some cool merch). I think the SEs are going to look pretty stripped compared to the LEs without all the sculpts, inner decals, colored ramps, target stickers, etc. So it's more than just the cab.

You are probably right on the GZLE - it's hard to get people to turn loose of those.

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I disagree about the cabinet art..it is literally the van...you guys crack me up.

It could be better...like the logo isn't right
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

edit: although looking at more modern Scooby merch, I guess the licensor changed the design over time? Idk. I'm sure it's what the licensor told them what to do.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I disagree about the cabinet art..it is literally the van...you guys crack me up. How many of you fawn over the sides for years? Most of you(us) put them in a lineup and rarely see them outside of unboxing or moving them around.

I love the simplicity of the standard. If I could get that look with all the bells and whistles of the CE I may go for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/37?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.