20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 130.
#1551 1 year ago

To be clear though, the backbox is the SAME as my other Spooky games right? Don't have a LOT more room to get it in the door.

#1552 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:To be clear though, the backbox is the SAME as my other Spooky games right? Don't have a LOT more room to get it in the door.

Backbox should be exactly the same

#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Backbox should be exactly the same

Put my order in for a Scooby Doo CE.

This is going to be awesome.

RM

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Glad you will be around in the forums for SD too RM, you've helped me fix a lot of things over the years.

#1555 1 year ago

I'm in. Here is me tomorrow after I order....

waiting-skeleton-meme-nyvwiiuyuohayb96 (resized).jpgwaiting-skeleton-meme-nyvwiiuyuohayb96 (resized).jpg
#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't think they are going for exclusivity (if they were, they would have a capped CE # - Charlie said he would never do that again after RZ). They are simply making as many as they can in that 18 month window and then moving onto the next title.

More than ok with that but I am surprised there were no caps on the CE to drive initial demand

#1557 1 year ago

Let me get this straight, the deposit is not transferable??? Did I hear that right?

What’s the feeling about that and is that legally binding?

I understand that squashes spot sitting for flippers but what about regular Joes that just want to sell their spot for whatever reason?

#1558 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Me too, and I agree!!

#1559 1 year ago

SpookyLuke can we get a pic under the playfield now? Curious to see your new boards and wiring setup

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Let me get this straight, the deposit is not transferable??? Did I hear that right?

Just read the last 5 or 6 pages. You heard it right. And in general feelings are mixed.

#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

61A6C29F-3FAC-4E3C-90CA-1B419A9B8298.gif61A6C29F-3FAC-4E3C-90CA-1B419A9B8298.gif
#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was under the impression that the deposit isn't transferable to other games. Other people who want to take responsibility for the remainder of payment and accept shipping, I thought was ok. Am I wrong?

#1563 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was under the impression that the deposit isn't transferable to other games. Other people who want to take responsibility for the remainder of payment and accept shipping, I thought was ok. Am I wrong?

you are correct.

#1564 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Believe that is correct; at least with distributors. I sold my Halloween CE spot to a fellow Pinsider after I was able to get a butter cab used locally/faster. Easily transferred to new buyer.

#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Believe that is correct; at least with distributors. I sold my Halloween CE spot to a fellow Pinsider after I was able to get a butter cab used locally/faster. Easily transferred to new buyer.

Depends on the distributor, some may not allow or charge a transfer fee.

#1566 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I understand that squashes spot sitting for flippers but what about regular Joes that just want to sell their spot for whatever reason?

3. Initial Payments-CE-$2000, BSE-$1500, SE-$1000 (non-refundable, non-transferable to other games)

#1567 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:I was under the impression that the deposit isn't transferable to other games. Other people who want to take responsibility for the remainder of payment and accept shipping, I thought was ok. Am I wrong?

Yes, almost certainly so they can order the proper number of parts that are unique to the BSE and CE models.

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Agreed; could vary distro to distro.

#1569 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

3. Initial Payments-CE-$2000, BSE-$1500, SE-$1000 (non-refundable, non-transferable to other games)

Yep - was explicit day 1

#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

SD > Bond imo.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

SD > Bond, no doubt. Not even close either.
Now... back to the resetting / freezing concerns...

Never understood these binary proclamations...especially from someone who has played neither game. Or perhaps you have played a Bond Pro? Too early to tell either way. Everyone should be ecstatic that there are lots of options nowadays (albeit expensive). These kind of comparisons do nothing but make you look foolish.

#1571 1 year ago

I'm in..first mod I'm doing, is replacing the windshield of the mystery van, with an lcd screen (and maybe the driver-side window) with animation of them driving, from the original series

#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

find a better distributor then.

is it some work on our side to transfer deposit, yes. that being said, by doing so i have made 2 "potenial" customers happy and therefore more likely to do business with me in the future.

#1573 1 year ago

Folks were transferring their preorders for Halloween and UM left and right if gotten from a distro

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Folks were transferring their preorders for Halloween and UM left and right if gotten from a distro

You can transfer your game to another person direct with spooky as well. You cant transfer your deposit to another game.

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

That what I was saying earlier in the thread. Whether it was not liking the problems discussed on pinside, changed mind or grew impatient, I saw 40-50 ads saying take over my spot and pay balance...so most likely they were unable to cancel or transfer to other games.

#1576 1 year ago

I was 100% in when my dumb ass assumed it was 1k for the CE. 2K deposit this close to Christmas might hurt a tad much, I weep!

Honestly though all 3 tiers seem loaded with value.

#1577 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s transferable to another buyer…not to another game. In other words, you can’t apply it to the next pin, but if you need to sell it/transfer it Spooky has always bent over backwards to help if needed.

#1578 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm in..first mod I'm doing, is replacing the windshield of the mystery van, with an lcd screen (and maybe the driver-side window) with animation of them driving, from the original series

I'm in on this mod as long as I get to see full game play first before I have to pay a deposit.

#1579 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Spooky has already said there were lighting behind the charters so you know the number of balls locks.

#1580 1 year ago

I see snippets from the feature matrix in the thread photos. Was a full feature matrix posted somewhere? Thanks

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Have watched the gameplay video a couple times, and share the concern about little to no side to side. There are no outlane drains in that video, maybe because of editing, or maybe they have the outlanes as closed as possible for the video, but if it ends up being too easy it will get boring fast. Maybe it will be discussed in the Q&A tonight.

I think whoever was playing is a pretty good player.

Remember there are players out there who can play a single game of BM66 for over 2 hours...

All games look easy if you have a top player playing them.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I see snippets from the feature matrix in the thread photos. Was a full feature matrix posted somewhere? Thanks

found it.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I wanted to do this with R&M bill slot. Put an LCD with animation in there that looked like looking in the battery world and if you shook the game they'd start screaming/yelling/running around freaked out.

Ultimately my dreams always far outshine my abilities

#1584 1 year ago

I think I may have figured out this Fang Club stuff.

I was a Fang member for a while, and yeah you probably get your 50 bucks worth of trinkets. I think mine still have the protective paper on some of them.

I keep thinking why why why.

The club is pure brilliance by Spooky, what a great way to see how many people really want a up coming game, gets people who are a 95% buyer to put some money into a membership and Spooky can have data on how many games will be sold.

No for my just guessing sticking stuff to a wall. I was impressed some game play was posted by Spooky but wondered why did they post up the game play. Oh and always have thought the license excuse was total bull shit cuz companies can just blur out or cut out the non approved license stuff weather it is pictures, likeness, or music. Just like Spooky did for the game play.

My wild silly guess is this, not as many Fang club memberships being sold, how do we hype up Pinside, post some game play, get more Fang members = more sales.

Well spooky did not release as much on Halloween or Ultra because they knew they had the games sold because of all the Fang memberships. Now with Scooby not as many Fang memberships so up the irons give them more.

Super super smart great business by Spooky!

Congrats on the business savy move Spook.

#1585 1 year ago

Spooky, please upload a montage of you draining and bricking to put fears to rest. Thank you

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think whoever was playing is a pretty good player.
Remember there are players out there who can play a single game of BM66 for over 2 hours...
All games look easy if you have a top player playing them.

Truth - I watched that video knowing it wasn't SpookyCharlie flipping it.

Speaking of good players - watching Bowen play through all 9 reactors on TNA live at TPF was a trip. I think everyone in the audience crapped their pants when the third ball drained on the final reactor before we knew it was on 5 ball play.

#1587 1 year ago

threat broke?

#1588 1 year ago

To clarify real quick. "Non-Transferable" means you cannot transfer it to a different or future games. You can still sell your spot to whoever you like.

#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

SpookyLuke can we get a pic under the playfield now? Curious to see your new boards and wiring setup

Yeah I can do that now! Let me go take one!

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Glad you will be around in the forums for SD too RM, you've helped me fix a lot of things over the years.

Thanks, man. That makes me feel great.

I like helping people out; I've certainly gotten a lot of help over the years.

RussM

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

threat broke?

yes, it was for a second, could only access 1st page

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

We could've done a 4hr power special, had a really great time recording this one!

It would be great to see a playfield shot of the Bloodsucker edition just so we can see how the wireforms look unpainted?

#1593 1 year ago

Quoted from Damonator:Truth - I watched that video knowing it wasn't SpookyCharlie flipping it.

Hey... I taught the young man who was flipping it everything he knows. Sadly he started whipping my a** on games big time about 6 years ago. Should have taken all the house games off free play to slow him down.

#1594 1 year ago

Scooby Doo wasn't even on my radar but now that I've seen it, I'm seriously considering it. Hopefully the livestream tonight will really give us all some further insight into this machine.

#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurium:

It would be great to see a playfield shot of the Bloodsucker edition just so we can see how the wireforms look unpainted?

It should have this powder on the trim and wireforms.

#1596 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If I buy this new game and the game freezes or resets on day 1, I'm gonna be furious-ish (I don't get mad, so whatever that is, lol).

This is why Alien sucks. It can't function on location due to flawed software. I have both a R&M and HW on location and have had no issues with them. I put a TNA CE out but it lasted less than a month before it broke but it is a bad opto and not a software issues so far.

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Hey... I taught the young man who was flipping it everything he knows. Sadly he started whipping my a** on games big time about 6 years ago. Should have taken all the house games off free play to slow him down.

Lol - same story here - mine started whipping on me around the same time. At least I can say he took out GG before me.
673B726A-F028-4A49-9B22-FE857321DE01 (resized).jpeg673B726A-F028-4A49-9B22-FE857321DE01 (resized).jpeg

#1598 1 year ago

Be forgiving of the wiring lol! It's pre production.

Snapchat-1914258844 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1914258844 (resized).jpg
#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is why Alien sucks. It can't function on location due to flawed software. I have both a R&M and HW on location and have had no issues with them. I put a TNA CE out but it lasted less than a month before it broke but it is a bad opto and not a software issues so far.

Yes, this is unfortunate with Alien, although I haven't had any lock ups with it for months. It really does shine in the home environment though.

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Be forgiving of the wiring lol! It's pre production.
[quoted image]

I see you added rubber foot-stops to the service rails.

RussM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/32?hl=gorbiie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.