20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 130.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don't understand this at all. You control when you release the game - why are you needing "extra marketing approval" when you control the timeline? Why not just wait until you have all your approvals, THEN announce? Why does it always seem to be a mad scramble last minute dash?

Have you not been watching the release of Bond? I mean it's not in their control often times. At least they are in a stupid thread with a bunch of pain in the a** adults doing as much as they can. If you're concerned don't buy it yet.

#1402 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is great, thank you Luke. Big help towards not seeing "real" play imo.
Can you comment on the music playing during the video? I get that you have no game sound for licensor approval reasons (presumably) but is this one of the original tracks from the game or just temp video music?

These are a couple of the MANY original songs in the game. The game has a very healthy mix of modern covers and originals from Matt "Count D" Montgomery.

#1403 1 year ago

From the video I like that you can have a 3 ball or 5 ball multiball from the mystery machine. Neat. Maybe there is a 4 ball too....

#1404 1 year ago

I am a VERY happy owner of a Rick and Morty (which we had to buy AFTER market because we didn't order on launch day). I pulled the trigger on day one for Ultraman ordering a BSE version and it showed up about a month ago. We are beyond happy with UM and R&M and while initially, based strictly on theme, I wasn't very interested in Scooby, I placed my order for a CE with our distro (KingPin) and can't wait to grow our little collection of mostly Spooky games.

Those complaining should stick to Stern, or JJP IMHO and let us Spooky fans enjoy the hype train.

#1405 1 year ago

Regardless of all the noise from some of the folks. I have to hand it to spooky for being engaged in these forums. They listen and try to do as much good as possible. Personally, I think I would struggle with some of these A hole comments but spooky handles it very well!

The play looks great! Thanks for posting the video!

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It is great Spooky made a short video of it in action. But let's be clear: other companies like AP and JJP post gameplay at launch or within days. They have it baked into their launch plans already. That should be how all games launch.

Quoted from jwilson:

I don't understand this at all. You control when you release the game - why are you needing "extra marketing approval" when you control the timeline? Why not just wait until you have all your approvals, THEN announce? Why does it always seem to be a mad scramble last minute dash?

You are on pinside every day right? So it doesn't seem like any harm done. Someday you will refresh and it will be the final release vieos. Today simply is not that day. You got an early bite and can see most of the game. Sometimes contracts suck and IP owners can be ego and want control of everything about their IP. Who knows. They have to pick the IP's they want and do business how they want. They wanted to livestream today. It's not on them.

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

You are on pinside every day right?

Only during work hours

#1408 1 year ago

I mean, seems simple to me - don't have approval? Don't announce. I would just like it explained to me why it's *always* last minute scramble. Perhaps I am missing some facts or understanding.

#1409 1 year ago

RIP JJP

#1410 1 year ago

People complaining about marketing/release IP have clearly never dealt with Legal.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I mean, seems simple to me - don't have approval? Don't announce. I would just like it explained to me why it's *always* last minute scramble. Perhaps I am missing some facts or understanding.

All aspects need to be approved, music, callouts, art, if it's WIP still, then that means they can't have full approval yet. So they either keep delaying announcing till everything if feature approved. So this means it's not complete at this point.

Why launch? Because they likely need the capital flow, speaking from a manufacturer's perspective, these big project do need to wind up and you need a cash flow ready to go to push the production, and with them depending on one machine sale to the next, they have to get orders going, unlike a bigger company like Stern which has multiple ongoing product launches and lines going at all time producing non stop cash flow.

Smaller companies with a single product focused line have this problem often as you are having to always get a product moving along to keep your factory running and paying everyone while also being able to upfront handle the development and production of your next product in your queue. Larger companies have a cushion to work with due to multiple revenue streams

#1412 1 year ago

You shouldn't announce until you can stream!
Signed, James Bond Pinball by Stern

Announced: 9/22/22
Streamed: 10/18/22

#1413 1 year ago

TS4 is overpriced but really fun and well built. Hopefully SD pricing starts a trend towards more sane pricing.

Quoted from Capn12:

The bond launch was really messy by stern standards…I think the Queen’s death had some impact, but the code also seems to be developing very slowly.

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

TS4 is overpriced but really fun and well built. Hopefully SD pricing starts a trend.

Yes, spooky games routinely being sold for $10K + is a clear sign that pricing is “coming back to earth.”

#1415 1 year ago

I was reminded today how awesome Spooky service has been for me.

I was planning to sit out on Scooby, but after getting a quick positive email reply from AJ (minutes after sending) and then taking a closer look at Scooby play video…we’re in! (Or will at least try to be ‘in’). This is a company I want to continue supporting (and enjoying their work!).

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

TS4 is overpriced but really fun and well built. Hopefully SD pricing starts a trend.

i agree but ts4 will be my last JJP until they have a price correction. i will watch for spooky and CGC releases until then.

#1417 1 year ago

Shots looks fun and you're not in the upper playfield excessively, which I see as a big plus. Really curious what the variety of mode objectives will yield.

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i agree but ts4 will be my last JJP until they have a price correction. i will watch for spooky and CGC releases until then.

Price correction happens in secondary market Look at how many IPOs come out in stock market overpriced since the previous similar company left money on the table. Price drops after initial offer. The market always decides whats fair.

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think it’s probably less getting approval to release assets and more approval for deviating from Warner Brothers marketing plan.

I’m positive that with a license as iconic as Scooby that WB is exercising a ton of control on how they want things to go from a marketing perspective (among others). Good news is I feel like Spooky HQ is working behind the scenes to get us as much info as WB will allow.

Props again to the Spooky team for engaging as much as they do here. Your posts are clear you guys are stoked on this game and it’s contagious.

#1420 1 year ago

Why even offer a different tier other than collectors? The others look so blah comparatively.

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Why even offer a different tier other than collectors? The others look so blah comparatively.

I suspect anyone who can afford it will get the CE and it will be the bulk of the sales.

But it's nice for those who are already stretching to afford a $7k pin to have the option. It's a lot of money. I like the model Spooky does.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

But, they had gameplay feature videos on reveal day with audio and LCD assets shown. To be fair, Stern has announced and streamed games same day many times in the past.

#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I play the machine. And while art is nice, if I can save $2k and get roughly the same experience I'm probably gonna do that.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I'm interested in the standard. It's $2,000 cheaper. The cabinet art is a downgrade, but it's fine. Then you're mostly just losing powder coating, a bunch of sculpts, some other little cosmetics, and then the knocker (whatever) and shaker. I can buy the shaker for cheap.

The value is in the standard edition, not the collectors.

Sure would be nice to see a photo of it though. I wonder how it looks without the sculpts and colorful wireforms.

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I play the machine. And while art is nice, if I can save $2k and get roughly the same experience I'm probably gonna do that.

$2K is nothing to sneeze at. That being said, I bet at least 1200 of the 1969 total sold will be CE models.

#1426 1 year ago

Blood sucker here. I don’t want a topper.

#1427 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the video! Just reaffirms how great this game will be in my basement next year! Great job Spooky Doo!

#1428 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm interested in the standard. It's $2,000 cheaper. The cabinet art is a downgrade, but it's fine. Then you're mostly just losing powder coating, a bunch of sculpts, some other little cosmetics, and then the knocker (whatever) and shaker. I can buy the shaker for cheap.
Sure would be nice to see a photo of it though. I wonder how it looks without the sculpts and colorful wireforms.

I thought the colored wire forms were in the Blood Sucker edition too?

#1429 1 year ago

I tend to like ass-kicking games. Leaning towards ordering, but not sure if I saw an outlane drain in that vid. I know it was a short vid, but hope it's not a marathon type setup.?

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But, they had gameplay feature videos on announce day with audio and LCD assets shown. To be fair, Stern has announced and streamed games same day many times in the past.

What? They announced the game and didn't even show us the playfield for weeks. It required online leaks for folks to even see the machine for the first time even after they announced the game on their social media and via email

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I think only on CE

#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

What? They announced the game and didn't even show us the playfield for weeks. It required online leaks for folks to even see the machine for the first time even after they announced the game on their social media and via email

There is a difference between a teaser video announcement and a reveal. Two separate events. Spooky also followed the same approach.

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also lack of colored plastics, and no decals on the targets is a big oof frankly. Have you seen what the playfield on the standard Halloween looks like compared to the CE? It's pretty huge difference visually. Gameplay is identical but it really loses alot of oomph

#1434 1 year ago

If anyone is looking at getting me an early Christmas gift, I wear size BSE Scooby Doo.

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But, they had gameplay feature videos on announce day with audio and LCD assets shown. To be fair, Stern has announced and streamed games same day many times in the past.

Not any of the last 4:

Godzilla
Announced: 9/14/21
Stream Reveal: 9/18/21

Mandalorian
Announced: 5/11/21
Stream Reveal: 5/21/21

Rush
Announced: 1/4/22
Stream Reveal: 1/8/22

James Bond
Debacle

#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Only CE for certain. Confirmed by Spooky.

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Not any of the last 4:
Godzilla
Mandalorian
Rush
James Bond
Debacle

Again, teaser video isn't a reveal.

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Not any of the last 4:
Godzilla
Mandalorian
Rush
James Bond
Debacle

No one is apprehensive about the timing of a reveal and a stream. They are apprehensive about locking into a deposit before they see lots of gameplay.

#1439 1 year ago

I should preface this comment with I am a poor judge of pins based solely on video.

But when most of the shots to aim at are in the upper part of the pin it's a pretty big turn off to me. Upper playfield doesn't seem terribly exciting either. Not something I am eager to play but maybe playing it will change my opinion.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No one is apprehensive about the timing of a reveal and a stream. They are apprehensive about locking into a deposit before they see lots of gameplay.

Thats my point. Thanks for making it Eric.

#1441 1 year ago

So who did what art? I'm guessing Matt did the CE cabinet. Did Jeff do the rest?

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My dates weren't the teasers. But since that has been mentioned now...

Mandalorian
Teased: 5/4/21

Godzilla
Teased: 9/10/21

Rush
Teased: 12/28/21

James Bond
Teased: 9/6/22
Stream Reveal: 10/18/22

#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Quoted from kermit24:

Doesn't really matter what Stern did or does. We at least now have a 3 minute video showing some pretty nice flowy quick game play. We know there are 4000+ callouts from at least some known actors. Sure, we havnt seen any video assets, but what do you suppose that will be? Is bet if you watch the old scooby doo shows, you'll find out. I've seen enough to know I'm in on day 1.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And I get that. Just saying, the stream/reveal time frame difference isn't anything new.

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Doesn't really matter what Stern did or does. We at least now have a 3 minute video showing some pretty nice flowy quick game play. We know there are 4000+ callouts from at least some known actors. Sure, we havnt seen any video assets, but what do you suppose that will be? Is bet if you watch the old scooby doo shows, you'll find out. I've seen enough to know I'm in on day 1.

I'l glad you feel comfortable spending $10K based on what you see, thats great. Thats the decision many of us are facing right now.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Blood sucker here. I don’t want a topper.

Me too - BSE all the way. Not a fan of the green trim and can live without the topper (sorry ZMeny ). While I do like the art package of the CE, the game will be between other games, so I'm good with the BSE art. The rest is cosmetic that can be added in later.

#1447 1 year ago

Wondering if there is anything under the plastic on the right of the shooter lane. Is this just meant to take up some real estate since its a wide body?

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

My dates weren't the teasers. But since that has been mentioned now...
Mandalorian
Teased: 5/4/21
Godzilla
Teased: 9/10/21
Rush
Teased: 12/28/21
James Bond
Teased: 9/6/22
Stream Reveal: 10/18/22

I don't think we need a "stream" even. Just some better gameplay video with all the assets. The one Spooky posted doesn't even capture the whole playfield well.

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

And I get that. Just saying, the stream/reveal time frame difference isn't anything new.

The point everyone is trying to drive home is Stern distributors do not require non refundable deposits on launch day. I've given deposits on several Sterns and all were refundable, every time. You could plop down a deposit on reveal/launch day and get it back after the stream, if you weren't impressed. Spooky's is non refundable.

#1450 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Wondering if there is anything under the plastic on the right of the shooter lane. Is this just meant to take up some real estate since its a wide body?

It lights up in the video. Sorta like JJP hot rails, but different.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/29?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.