20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 130.
#1001 1 year ago

Goddammit...this is unreal. I thought Scooby was a stupid theme. After reading all these posts I'm remembering all the episodes I watched as a kid... Harlem globetrotters, Don Fucking Knots ..

I am just now realizing how much I enjoyed it as a kid. I literally forgot. I feel like I am born again moved by the spirit of Scooby and the gang. Holy shit, my wife's gonna kill me.

#1002 1 year ago

Just a facebook live Q+A session tomorrow! We will be scheduling a live stream of game about the same timeline as we usually do! Dates all have to be approved.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Personally, I'd love to have the Harlem Globetrotters, Kiss, Batman, and Don Knotts in the game. I would say the odds of that getting licensure approval is not great. As to references to other pinball machines, there will certainly be several Easter Eggs.

Not great? Try near impossible. Gene Simmons price tag alone would probably add $500 to each machine or more. Again this is based on the 1969 series. So will never happen.

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Just a facebook live Q+A session tomorrow! We will be scheduling a live stream of game about the same timeline as we usually do! Dates all have to be approved.

I speak for everyone here!! Ruh Roh!!
We’ll trade the live game stream tomorrow for a pic of under playfield?!

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I speak for everyone here!! Ruh Roh!!
We’ll trade the live game stream tomorrow for a pic of under playfield?!

I will be revealing what I'm hiding under there on the Q/A session!!!

#1006 1 year ago

Looks like no game play stream prior to sales. Regardless of the perceived FOMO in this thread, there will always be slots available weeks if not months down the line. Even if the pin sells out at some point, people always change their mind and need out of their slot.

#1007 1 year ago

Just looked at this thread 16 hours ago and there are 500 new posts. Is the teaser that good?

Spoiler alert: it’s so damn good!! Let’s do it spooky! Game is on reserve with Joe already. I ain’t sweating.
Cheddar coming!!!

#1008 1 year ago

I was 75% in on purchasing this pin when I was thinking we would see gameplay on Thursday. Not a fan of having no live gameplay before asking to submit a nonrefundable deposit. I jumped at Halloween with no gameplay due to the theme. Not sure if I will do it this time around, sadly.

#1009 1 year ago
TS4-Owners (resized).jpgTS4-Owners (resized).jpg
#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Looks like no game play stream prior to sales.

There's a reason no manufacturer is going to give a full gameplay stream before sales open, if you've owned enough games you know pinball is unpredictable even for brand new games. Best advice is to wait if you don't have faith like some of us sheep

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Goddammit...this is unreal. I thought Scooby was a stupid theme. After reading all these posts I'm remembering all the episodes I watched as a kid... Harlem globetrotters, Don Fucking Knots ..
I am just now realizing how much I enjoyed it as a kid. I literally forgot. I feel like I am born again moved by the spirit of Scooby and the gang. Holy shit, my wife's gonna kill me.

same here! i just canceled my bond prem and am moving over to this instead. i will be patient and live with whatever code it comes with.

#1012 1 year ago

I'm very interested being an operator. A family friendly game finally. If it shoot good and the video assets are good this will probably be our first step in boycotting the Stern army machine that can't supply parts to us.
Won't buy until I see though. I hope there are some Iconic sounds from the show. Minner 49er moan, space ape from the cape etc .. I was a Scooby Doo fanatic. all I would watch. The right toys and objects seem to be present.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

I was 75% in on purchasing this pin when I was thinking we would see gameplay on Thursday. Not a fan of having no live gameplay before asking to submit a nonrefundable deposit. I jumped at Halloween with no gameplay due to the theme. Not sure if I will do it this time around, sadly.

I believe we have done what we need to do to present a fun game at launch! With that said you buy when you feel comfortable. We have no intentions to fool anyone I think this will be our best game yet period!

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe we have done what we need to do to present a fun game at launch! With that said you buy when you feel comfortable. We have no intentions to fool anyone I think this will be our best game yet period!

C1232802-25B7-4237-8DB0-DC5A041EBAF5 (resized).jpegC1232802-25B7-4237-8DB0-DC5A041EBAF5 (resized).jpeg
#1015 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Everything was going so well up until this. No gameplay video is a really major roadblock not just for me but I expect for quite a few others. Can you clarify when "the same timeline as we usually do" actually is? Are we talking about a week, two weeks, or what?

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

ruh-roh (resized).jpgruh-roh (resized).jpg
#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from ECanup122:

Why is that sad? Seems like prudent decision making since you're missing a big part of the information you need to make a good decision.

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

There's a reason no manufacturer is going to give a full gameplay stream before sales open, if you've owned enough games you know pinball is unpredictable even for brand new games. Best advice is to wait if you don't have faith like some of us sheep

Stern streams incomplete games pre-launch all the time. This is not an unusual request. No one's asking for a "full gameplay" stream, just some gameplay to see where it's at and where it looks like it's going.

And even giving people in-depth looks at incomplete software, Stern still sells a lot of pins.

#1019 1 year ago

I can't think of any other manufacturer of an expensive product that requires a 20% non-refundable deposit without showing the product in action, let alone the option for the potential customs to actually try it! Given the prior history with this scenario some will hold off. And others will jump on board regardless. In the end, it's our choice.

#1020 1 year ago

It does suck we don't get gameplay. But Stern, JJP, etc. never full gameplay before LE purchases, first of the line pros/premiums...they do release videos and good images of playfield. Images we don't have but suspect live FB tomorrow will have this. Not only Spooky unfortanetly in delayed gameplay.

#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

It does suck we don't get gameplay. But Stern, JJP, etc. never full gameplay before LE purchases, first of the line pros/premiums...they do release videos and good images of playfield. Images we don't have but suspect live FB tomorrow will have this. Not only Spooky unfortanetly in delayed gameplay.

That’s because the Stern LEs are sold out and promised to the pinball elite until doomsday

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern streams incomplete games pre-launch all the time.

Nope, stream comes after the sales open up. You get the same 1-2 minute reveal trailer that Spooky puts out with them.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nope, stream comes after the sales open up. You get the same 1-2 minute reveal trailer that Spooky puts out with them.

True, but Stern does not require $2k non-refundable deposit.

#1024 1 year ago

Other than butter cab, are there any other spooky extras that they typically offer as an up sell?

And I haven’t seen a butter cab in person just regular cabs and those look great. Is the butter cab really worth the extra $1k if they offer it?

#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Are you sure on this?

GZLE - if you wanted one day 1, with no gameplay stream, pretty sure a non-refundable deposit needed.

Others will confirm no doubt.

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Other than butter cab, are there any other spooky extras that they typically offer as an up sell?
And I haven’t seen a butter cab in person just regular cabs and those look great. Is the butter cab really worth the extra $1k if they offer it?

Its $1400 for this pin not 1000. Probably bc larger and more expensive now. I'm getting it on mine because of the art. Not worth it on TNA. Looks amazing on halloween.

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:And I haven’t seen a butter cab in person just regular cabs and those look great. Is the butter cab really worth the extra $1k if they offer it?

If you have the cash to burn, yes. They look insanely good. Like furniture.

#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

That's why it's best to wait if not sure although many distributors have changed their deposit policy on games, not a sure thing depending on what distributor you're dealing with.

#1029 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

JJP launched TS4 with gameplay

(I feel like maybe some other JJP and AP games had gameplay at or very near launch. I feel like JJP unveiled one game live on Stream at a convention)

Also people should demand gameplay videos of all manufacturers. It’s not a huge ask. It’s in the best interest of the consumer.

#1030 1 year ago

Everyone calm down on the deposit. You will still be able to buy a SD if you don't buy day one. I guarantee it

Wait for the stream before you pull the trigger if it's a problem for you.

#1031 1 year ago

Basically ,all the manufactures know that 85% of they’re customers have OCD. If it was my decision to make ,I wouldn’t show shit neither

#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I will be revealing what I'm hiding under there on the Q/A session!!!

A new Pinotaur?

#1033 1 year ago

Very disappointing decision to not stream gameplay before requiring non refundable deposits for a limited quantity product. Very anti-consumer and a terrible practice…got burned once on Halloween, not going to do it a second time.

#1034 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

JJP launched TS4 with gameplay

Nope, came after sales opened up. You got the overly exited carnival guy video that lasted 1-2 minutes.

#1035 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful looking machine! Halloween was amazing (don't care what anyone thinks - it's brilliant), and if this is anywhere near as good as that I'll be super happy. I'm totally in - so there will be at least one of these on it's way to Australia. Now I just gotta make some room...

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nope, came after sales opened up. You got the overly exited carnival guy video that lasted 1-2 minutes.

LMFAO!

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Is the butter cabinet is $1,400 or $1,000?

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Look at the dates in my source. Idk what to tell you. You’re mistaken.

#1039 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I I hope there are some Iconic sounds from the show. Minner 49er moan, space ape from the cape etc .. I was a Scooby Doo fanatic. all I would watch. The right toys and objects seem to be present.

4,000 fricken call outs in the game. I'm guessing they have it covered!

#1040 1 year ago

So can anyone recommend a distributor to call for one of these ?

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

DD83F062-B501-41E4-9422-EF656D20032D (resized).jpegDD83F062-B501-41E4-9422-EF656D20032D (resized).jpeg
#1043 1 year ago

What size figures usually work on a pinball? 5 inch? I could get the knight and robot from ebay to add to the standard edition.
ebay.com link: itm

#1044 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So can anyone recommend a distributor to call for one of these ?

KingPinGames - [email protected]
PinballStar - [email protected]
Nitro - [email protected]
Flip n Out - [email protected]
Classic Game Rooms - [email protected]

there might be more, but that is what comes to mind.

#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

You get the gameplay in the trailer, which is fine, plus you get a long live stream very shortly thereafter.

Stern isn't asking for a large, non-refundable deposit.

Stern isn't making 1900 LEs. The vast majority of these flex assembles will be CEs, so of the 1969, there will be a LOT of CEs. Spooky is asking customers to jump in blindly again when a lot of the issues that led to the Halloween/Ultraman debacle are present again and the "murder" of programmers Spooky has still hasn't delivered a great (or even good, according to some) H/U experience. Could the outcome be different this time? Maybe. But no one knows, and the inexperienced design/code team, lack of gameplay (in an edited trailer or live), and cagey avoidance of confirming what board set this is using are three pretty big red flags.

#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Look at the dates in my source. Idk what to tell you. You’re mistaken.

Read posts #3163 and #3158 in TS4 rumor thread.

20221206_130747 (resized).jpg20221206_130747 (resized).jpg20221206_130839 (resized).jpg20221206_130839 (resized).jpg
#1047 1 year ago

Been pretty sick past few days...only keeping up (easily) w 60 Bond Thread. This one snuck up on me and looks great!!! Definitely interested....

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Read posts #3163 and #3158 in TS4 rumor thread.[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't care what dummies post on a forum (lol, self-reflection)

I have the YouTube links to JJP and their press release to TWIP. All same date. Enough said

Here is JJP revealing Wonka live on stream at MGC (1 day after the press announcement)

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You get the gameplay in the trailer, which is fine, plus you get a long live stream very shortly thereafter.
Stern isn't asking for a large, non-refundable deposit.
Stern isn't making 1900 LEs. The vast majority of these flex assembles will be CEs, so of the 1969, there will be a LOT of CEs. Spooky is asking customers to jump in blindly again when a lot of the issues that led to the Halloween/Ultraman debacle are present again and the "murder" of programmers Spooky has still hasn't delivered a great H/U experience. Could the outcome be different this time? Maybe. But no one knows, and the inexperienced team, lack of gameplay (in an edited trailer or live), and cagey avoidance of confirming what board set this is using are three pretty big red flags.

Have you considered that maybe the bottom side and board set as well as other advancements down there could be a huge positive not a negative surprise?

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

KingPinGames - [email protected]
PinballStar - [email protected]
Nitro - [email protected]
Flip n Out - [email protected]
Classic Game Rooms - [email protected]
there might be more, but that is what comes to mind.

This is a really great post. I love it. You realize there is enough business for everyone and that a lot of you do it right. Major props.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/21?hl=gorbiie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.