20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 130.
#851 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I played Bond Pro last night at HQ Beercade, then I see this today. Ain't even in the same league! Bond Premium canceled, finger ready for Friday 10am to order a Scooby CE. Bond is empty, uninspired and overpriced. Scooby got some love and feels like it's worth the cost.

It’s interesting, Bond & Scoob are both 60s licenses, but Bond looks like an old 90s Sega pin while Scoob looks new and fresh.

#852 1 year ago

I’ll be wearing my Scooby socks till I have my CE in hand.

#853 1 year ago

Does the mystery machine toy's headlights light up?

#854 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

That would be sweet

#855 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

If it doesn’t I bet it will. Seems like an easy mod for someone to do

#856 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That would be sweet

Of course!!! Full RGB, so we can show off which member of Mystery Inc. you're loading into the van.

#857 1 year ago

That would be sweet

It will when the modders get a hold of it

#858 1 year ago

Also looking at the left side, double outlanes baby! I can't remember the last one after Bally widebodies like Future Spa

#859 1 year ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Give us a Scooby Snack dispenser in the DBV and hook it up to code, and I will pay whatever you're asking!

I feel like they may have missed an opportunity to use a multiball lock as a scooby snack build/dispenser.

#860 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also looking at the left side, double outlanes baby! I can't remember the last one after Bally widebodies like Future Spa and Hot Doggin.

"Ruh Roh!"

This game looks awesome

#861 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

...and have smoke leaking from the windows? LOL

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I'm ignorant to Spookys sales model. I'm used to Stern, and JJp models which build "x" amount of LE or CE, and the lower tiers are pretty much unlimited as long as sales are good. Am I understanding correctly that Spooky plans to limit the total count for all models combined to be 1969? And they build the various trim levels based on the orders recieved? So, theoretically, all 1969 of them could be CEs if that's what is ordered by customers? If so, I like it!

Rough estimates for the Halloween/UM builds. Would be interesting to see Scooby’s breakdown.

8FF4F0CC-ED8C-4FB5-B628-7AACD57F876A (resized).jpeg8FF4F0CC-ED8C-4FB5-B628-7AACD57F876A (resized).jpeg
#863 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also looking at the left side, double outlanes baby! I can't remember the last one after Bally widebodies like Future Spa and Hot Doggin.

Hobbit.

#864 1 year ago

I misread …. Hobbit is double inlane.

#865 1 year ago

Who is doing the code?

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Who is doing the code?

Software by Spooky DJ

Design by Spooky Luke and Bug

#867 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I think the theme is for 8 year old boys and don't care for it at all...

I too think the theme is for 8 year old boys, but that's why I love it.

Fantastic reveal, I figured something was shown when I checked Pinside and this thread was on fire, but I didn't think it would be this sweet trailer. Still catching up on pages of discussion and info.

I don't mean this in any kind of back-handed compliment way—or as a diss to Ben or Charlie or anyone—but just looking back at AMH and Rob Zombie and then seeing where Spooky is now the level of detail, art, innovation, and just outright ambition on display really shows how far they've come.

I'm not a buyer, but if I was in the market for games everything about this theme and the way it's handled would 100% have my attention. Also, if the money isn't an issue the CE is the no brainer choice. The standard cab art is clever but not remotely close to as appealing, and all those sweet habitrails call out for the colors.

#868 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

Love that The Black Knight is a far-orbit shot on an upper playfield I wonder if it'll loop back to the bookcase flipper...
[quoted image]

I wonder if the spring on the left flipper/diverter is strong enough to make that shot when releasing the button? That would be cool.

#869 1 year ago

Tuesday - announce game

Wednesday - reveal trailer with details and pricing

Thursday - stream game (I'm guessing they'll talk about when the game will ship during the stream)

Friday - orders open

Showing the big boys how it's done....and the CE comes with a topper and laser cut side rails, all for the price of a Stern premium. Obviously gameplay and code will be the ultimate factor but so far I am excited and very impressed with what Spooky has pulled off this week. They deserve a whole truckload of Scooby snacks.

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

all those sweet habitrails call out for the colors.

Yes, those habitrails though.. damn!

#871 1 year ago

I think about kids...or in my case, Grandkids. I watched it with my kids growing up...I liked it. Now having something I'm sure the grandkids would be interested in along with what I see in the game itself, I may be onboard. I'm not a fan of green (or yellow for that matter). I never liked the coin door as a matching color in most cases...I would rather have it black in the CE.
Since I never ordered from spooky, I have to figure from Joe or from spooky is the better way in Mi.

#872 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Of course!!! Full RGB, so we can show off which member of Mystery Inc. you're loading into the van.

Dude you’re killing me. The more I find out about this game, the more I want it. The price is amazing. I can’t afford a NIB period, but if I could this would be the one. Might be willing to trade off F14 and JM to make it happen though

#873 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Rough estimates for the Halloween/UM builds. Would be interesting to see Scooby’s breakdown.[quoted image]

I’m 100% not flipping the game!!!

Does this mean the ‘cheap’ model would be more collectible?

I def want the CE but just thinking out loud.

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Yes. A game with less features and toys will be worth more than a fully loaded one...In some alternate universe but not in this one.

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think Spooky's feet should be held a bit closer to the fire on this one and not just get a pass.

I agree, and it's good to keep that in mind during all the hype.

Quoted from jwilson:

Will there be a gameplay video before Friday? If not, why not?

I hope so. And maybe there will be, but it's Wed, and it's pretty short notice to announce one at this point already. My gut says no. I'd like to be wrong.

Quoted from jwilson:

My personal opinion follows. It may be fully ignored as you wish.
I don't care for the unlabeled all white inserts. I miss the clear jewelled ones. I find it looks a bit cheap and there's a lot of them. The Spooky method of communicating things by insert colour still confuses me and the muted milky inserts don't help.

I hear you, but I think think all white with the black art looks awesome. And I think the upside to not doing the same ol' jeweled inserts is the ability to go custom. There are sizes on the playfield that I don't think normal inserts exist for, not to mention ones that 100% don't like the footprints.

I don't think it should be equated with "cheap" personally. It looks like a great match for the playfield art style to me. That said, I get your point and jeweled inserts have a classiness and shine to them that's hard to put down.

Quoted from jwilson:

I am over upper playfields. I get that Charlie loves them for some reason, but the restrictive playability and flow disruption is rarely worth it. In this case perhaps that would have been dead space anyway so not much is lost, but ball visibility is an issue and I still remember Alice Cooper's mystery trails leaving me wondering where the hell the ball is.

Yes. So many times yes. I think the visual impact of the game is super top notch. I find most upper playfields rarely interesting to actually play. This one looks really neat, the bookcase flipper is genius, the whole package is absolutely top notch. Super impressed. And ... I just don't think flipping a bash toy on an upper playfield is the most compelling gameplay experience.

I'd sure love to try it for myself to decide though. Someone near me buy one please.

Quoted from jwilson:

The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit still burns me up a bit, feeding into the FOMO bullshit. If the game is great, why not let it sell on its own merits instead of forcing people to buy a game they can't play or even see first.

I think this is fair. The biggest part being if they're asking for deposits without any actual gameplay footage. That would be not great. But they're a small company so I understand the deposit part in general. They don't have margins and buffers for people playing the dumb "changed my mind!" games.

I get people dropping out of mod commitments all the time. They'll sign up for a Shadow translite and then 2 weeks later when I say they're ready and ask for payment they'll tell me they sold the game (happened like that several times!)

You gotta plan for flakes, it's just what comes with the business. But show gameplay before taking deposits still.

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I misread …. Hobbit is double inlane.

Maybe Alien, it has a double ball path with a bumper in the middle?

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

I wonder if the spring on the left flipper/diverter is strong enough to make that shot when releasing the button? That would be cool.

It can be used in some different ways because of it's unique shape. Hint: There is a switch in the werewolf sling above the right upper flipper.

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So now you’re not buying my Wonka?

#879 1 year ago

So guys that have bought Spooky before, how does the order process work?

1. You have to join their Fang club
2. You order either from them or their distributor, and there is some ?? amount of deposit?
3. Is shipping included in the posted prices?
4. How long should we expect before we get the machine?
5. Presumably the balance is due when your machine ships?
6. I assume it's first-come first-served so the earlier you click BUY the sooner you get your machine?
7. Is is advantageous to wait until later in the production line as they might fix/improve minor mechanical issues mid-run?

Thanks!

#880 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

1969 games, buyers pick how many of each tier. There could hypothetically be 1969 CEs and none of the others.

Nice I like that

#881 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes. A game with less features and toys will be worth more than a fully loaded one...In some alternate universe but not in this one.

More modable? Who knows. Maybe easier to sell
Or hold value since it’s a lower price and not that many will be on the secondary market

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

So guys that have bought Spooky before, how does the order process work?
1. You have to join their Fang club
2. You order either from them or their distributor, and there is some ?? amount of deposit?
3. Is shipping included in the posted prices?
4. How long should we expect before we get the machine?
5. Presumably the balance is due when your machine ships?
6. I assume it's first-come first-served so the earlier you click BUY the sooner you get your machine?
7. Is is advantageous to wait until later in the production line as they might fix/improve minor mechanical issues mid-run?
Thanks!

Shipping is not included. Time frame depends on your spot in line, but I think it takes like a year to get through. Based on Halloween, I would say it absolutely is advantageous to wait because of some QC issues. Look up the insert to Halloween Hedge multi ball if you want to get an idea.

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

and see Lynda’s boobs…I yell “I see boobs!”

OK that's it......I'm buying Halloween.

#884 1 year ago

So now you’re not buying my Wonka?

Daddy still wants the Wonka……

I told my wife for the millionth time the the other night Wonka is the last one… and then I said scooby is just a deposit. Once scoot comes out I’ll tell her I got a great deal and it’s only xxxxx and she’ll forget I had to put a deposit down.

Also, I’m listing like a million things for sale in time for Christmas. Old iPhones, iPads, arcade games and cabinets.

So ya… I still want Wonka!

#885 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

The bare bones model is so stripped down, I wouldn't. Seeing those stripped down Halloweens, ugh. No decals on the targets, tons of bare areas with missing details. All those cool sculpts are pretty much CE exclusives so I think folks really are gonna want to stick with that model

#886 1 year ago

STACKING the MODES.....

shagscoob (resized).pngshagscoob (resized).png
#887 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think Spooky's feet should be held a bit closer to the fire on this one and not just get a pass. We should learn from the Ultraman/Halloween release.
What's the state of code on this?
What's the allotment to dealers vs. in-house?
My personal opinion follows. It may be fully ignored as you wish.
I don't care for the unlabeled all white inserts. I miss the clear jewelled ones. I find it looks a bit cheap and there's a lot of them. The Spooky method of communicating things by insert colour still confuses me and the muted milky inserts don't help.
I am not sold on the wacky mechs given the slow elevators in Ultraman. Hopefully the ball lock ones being slow are less of a flow disruptor. I can also see that weird upper flipper being an issue. I will say I appreciate the innovation but I wonder how much play time is put into these given the results so far.
I am over upper playfields. I get that Charlie loves them for some reason, but the restrictive playability and flow disruption is rarely worth it. In this case perhaps that would have been dead space anyway so not much is lost, but ball visibility is an issue and I still remember Alice Cooper's mystery trails leaving me wondering where the hell the ball is.
The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit still burns me up a bit, feeding into the FOMO bullshit. If the game is great, why not let it sell on its own merits instead of forcing people to buy a game they can't play or even see first.
Lastly, day one code. Will it be as bad as the last game? I'm still waiting for Ultraman to mature a year later. I am never buying another Spooky day one again.
On the positive side, it's an attractive package (minus the thousand milky white inserts). I like that they innovate even if I worry about it a bit. The assets look immersive and plentiful. I look forward to a game play video, hopefully before Friday.

There's always "that guy"...

#888 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

There's always "that guy"...

Someone level-headed? Hopefully there's more than one.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ultimately I would hope we could be allowed to make decisions based on our own personal finances and risk tolerances. I do get tired of people always trying to “save me from myself”. I would like to believe we are all capable of making the right decisions for ourselves.

Personally I want this game because I am friends with Matt at Back Alley and love his work and want to support him. Everybody has their own reasons for why they do things in life.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed! I am a Spooky fan and own HWN, but there were an unacceptable number of QC issues. Yes, they were great at trying to address the issues promptly. I am an optimist and hope that SD has no where near the number of QC issues. My game is great, but many others were very unhappy with theirs. It is reasonable to be optimistic and concerned at the same time.

#891 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope so. And maybe there will be, but it's Wed, and it's pretty short notice to announce one at this point already. My gut says no. I'd like to be wrong.

There is plenty of time for a gameplay video to be uploaded to YouTube or Facebook Live takes 1 second to jump on. People can share from there. Nothing high production, just do it.

One would think if there is no video prepared before the orders open up then it was never intended at all.

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

More modable? Who knows. Maybe easier to sell
Or hold value since it’s a lower price and not that many will be on the secondary market

Hold value I can see that but nobody is gonna buy the base for more than the CE. Dreaming...

#893 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you think whining about layouts based on your own opinion is being "level-headed" then more power to you...

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from tx51210:

...and have smoke leaking from the windows? LOL

I’ve seen smoke coming from a Halloween, so it’s possible with a Spooky game…

#895 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The bare bones model is so stripped down, I wouldn't. Seeing those stripped down Halloweens, ugh. No decals on the targets, tons of bare areas with missing details. All those cool sculpts are pretty much CE exclusives so I think folks really are gonna want to stick with that model

This is why I'm dying to see the SE. Looking at the feature matrix (ignoring bling which is nice, but not necessary) things missing on the PF seem to include...

- The mine cart sculpt (there are some similar-enough ones on eBay)
- Black Knight sculpt (again eBay, just need to saw one in half... which someone will do here and charge $200 for the 5min of labor)
- Mine Entrance and Airfield signs (someone will 3D print those and charge up the butt for those)
- Charlie the Robot Sculpt (hard to find online)
- Target decals (there's only a handful and someone will make aftermarket ones).

So with some eBay shopping and the mod community, what you see under the glass looks like it may ONLY differ in 1 sculpt and the wireform colors, and that's making the SE look very attractive if that's the major difference after a few light mods.

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You're asking a lot of valid questions that anyone thinking about buying this game should consider. For this particular question Luke said they will be doing a Facebook live stream tomorrow (Thursday 12/8) 7pm CST, so yes he will be showing us the game tomorrow before the orders open up. At least I would assume they will be playing the game on stream and not just talking about it. I know they mentioned doing a Q&A so definitely get your questions in if you're able to join.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I’ve seen smoke coming from a Halloween, so it’s possible with a Spooky game…

Hence your name cookpins

#898 1 year ago

Not too much into the nostalgia game titles.....HOWEVER.......the Scooby Doo theme is absolutely perfect for pinball. The idea of collecting clues to solve mysteries to achieve higher scores, multi-balls and whatever is a no-brainer for a great machine. Hopefully, Scrappy Doo is a no-show for this game.

#899 1 year ago

Hence your name cookpins

Ha! It wasn’t me! It was one on route that someone started a game on but no ball launched so they walked off (made some really weird noises for a little). Luckily I was playing Elvira next to it and able to shut it off. I think there was a very high chance it would’ve burst into flames. Game was never operational at that location again and later replaced.

#900 1 year ago

They already said scrappy isn’t in it. He is late series this is early.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/18?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.