20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 130.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yeah I thought I had seen it before.

Gottlieb’s Diamond Lady has one also.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm shocked the price is so low. How?

I don't think it's that low tbh. I think Spooky did a good job putting things together and used their parts wisely. Plus with tax and shipping we're talking about the lowest model being near 9k probably, right?

Speaking of mechs... is there a cool mech in this game? I saw the multiball release mechs, but that doesn't wow me. It gives me that "oh neat!" feeling, but what about a mech? The only cool one from Spooky I ever saw was Frakenstein... and I loved that one! "FEED MYYYYYYY, FRAKEN-STEIN!", dude rises up, balls come out. Love it. One of my favorites.

#753 1 year ago

Ok, so I always hated on the theme. I grew up with scooby doo and always thought it to be a "filler" cartoon. I dogged on this theme as it wasn't for me.

And now I am trying to convince myself to NOT order one. Have to see the gameplay video but I may be selling off a few pins to add this next to my Halloween.

I am beyond impressed and did NOT see this coming!

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern sucks. They ghosted me for two years on a playfield replacement they approved. I have all the emails. Going to make a huge post on pinside today exposing them. My distributor didn’t help much either.

Same. A few weeks ago I also saw the screenshot of my RMA fully approved. Over 2 years now since I reported my issues. Trying my hardest not to make the same post you're considering. I'm going to follow up one last time once I confirm my game is no longer in production (meaning replacement PFs are probably dried up and not being rerun).

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Joe Newhart! He's official and a great guy. Don't hesitate to work with him!

I second Joe Newhart - PinballSTAR. I left a review for him several years ago when he exceeded my expectations for a distributor. He also personally answers my e-mails promptly, and is just a genuinely good guy.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Speaking of mechs... is there a cool mech in this game?

Apron lock, which according to what we're hearing today is on all 3 models. Also 3 magnets. Also the hybrid flipper/diverter is awesome.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

I second Joe Newhart - PinballSTAR. I left a review for him several years ago when he exceeded my expectations for a distributor. He also personally answers my e-mails promptly, and is just a genuinely good guy.

And he bought a church to house his pinball collection. Still waiting for my invite....

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

In this market, 10k for all of these is more than fair and that's discounting the joke that is JJP TS4 CE at 15. It's just a fair price in general - it's a NEW WIDEBODY in 2022!!! Just for that, I might need to support Spooky on this game. haha

JJP really blew it this year with TS4

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

JJP really blew it this year with TS4

Jack's attitude killed that company a long time ago, imo.

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't think it's that low tbh. I think Spooky did a good job putting things together and used their parts wisely. Plus with tax and shipping we're talking about the lowest model being near 9k probably, right?
Speaking of mechs... is there a cool mech in this game? I saw the multiball release mechs, but that doesn't wow me. It gives me that "oh neat!" feeling, but what about a mech? The only cool one from Spooky I ever saw was Frakenstein... and I loved that one! "FEED MYYYYYYY, FRAKEN-STEIN!", dude rises up, balls come out. Love it. One of my favorites.

Don't forget about the cast they hired for call-outs and sound.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

And he bought a church to house his pinball collection. Still waiting for my invite....

I picked up my AFM from one of the cubicles at his insurance biz!
His dad let me in on a Saturday and helped me load.
I hadn't heard about the church, but why not!

#763 1 year ago

Question is there any difference in purchasing directly with Spooky on Friday (I am a member) or going through a company like pinball star. THey will let me reserve mine now opposed to hoping I nail one friday with spooky. Any suggestions or shared experience?

#764 1 year ago

This looks so much better than Bond...tempted.

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

This looks so much better than Bond..

No dildo, though.

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Question is there any difference in purchasing directly with Spooky on Friday (I am a member) or going through a company like pinball star. THey will let me reserve mine now opposed to hopping I nail one friday with spooky. Any suggestions or shared experience?

I have ONLY ever bought 1 game direct, and that was through Spooky. No issues. Note that Spooky was very fair and calculating in how it alloted Rick and Mortys. The BSE games were sent out first (but 720 of the 750 were BSE games). From there, those that ordered first got theirs first going by order number with Spooky direct, and with distributors thrown it. So... first 50 go to first 50 direct buyers in order, second 50 go to distributors, third 50 go to next Spooky direct and so on. Distributors managed their own lines.

Yes it took me almost a year to get my game (I was 374ish of 750) but this was during COVID and they delivered their entire stock on time.

As to buying through Pinball Star, email him. As I understand it, on the day orders open, he will open up his site and you can buy a deposit via paypal. Once they are sold out, you cannot complete the transaction. He was very fair and distributed his allocation in the order in which it was purchased.

This is the synopsis from the 2019 Rick and Morty buyers.

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I have ONLY ever bought 1 game direct, and that was through Spooky. No issues. Note that Spooky was very fair and calculating in how it alloted Rick and Mortys. The BSE games were sent out first (but 720 of the 750 were BSE games). From there, those that ordered first got theirs first going by order number with Spooky direct, and with distributors thrown it. So... first 50 go to first 50 direct buyers in order, second 50 go to distributors, third 50 go to next Spooky direct and so on. Distributors managed their own lines.
Yes it took me almost a year to get my game (I was 374ish of 750) but this was during COVID and they delivered their entire stock on time.
As to buying through Pinball Star, email him. As I understand it, on the day orders open, he will open up his site and you can buy a deposit via paypal. Once they are sold out, you cannot complete the transaction. He was very fair and distributed his allocation in the order in which it was purchased.
This is the synopsis from the 2019 Rick and Morty buyers.

Thank you for the detailed response. Helpful.

#768 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Stern resolves their issues. I’ve had issues and they have sent parts and resolved them instantly.

JJP does not but i would not know first hand because i have chosen not to support them.

CGC is builtproof I’ve never had an issue with any of their games.

I will continue to support stern and CGC

stern - you may be one of the few for instant service not really the case for all .

JJP ... no experience with them no comment

CGC ... built like a tank , but cant rebuild a game in reasonable timeline and has terrible communication skills as a company.

upside lots of games being built!

#769 1 year ago

Amazing you can almost get 2 standards for same price as TSCE!

Is this Spooky DJ's first game he has coded?

#770 1 year ago

Lift the playfield and let's see what is under the hood!

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No dildo, though.

Since you are so infatuated with phalic symbols...

spooky (resized).jpgspooky (resized).jpg
#772 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

Well, can't unsee that.

#773 1 year ago

Wow... Very well done Spooky... I went from not interested to intrigued to... LOL

#774 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well, can't unsee that.

They're pointed right at poor Daphne and Velma, and they both look quite concerned about it.

#775 1 year ago

For that price model, if Scooby shoots well and the code is there, Stern and JJP have just had their current and future pricing model blown away.

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Stern resolves their issues. I’ve had issues and they have sent parts and resolved them instantly.
JJP does not but i would not know first hand because i have chosen not to support them.
CGC is builtproof I’ve never had an issue with any of their games.
I will continue to support stern and CGC

Hahaha. Hahaha. They ghosted me for two years on a Jurassic Park Premium playfield replacement. I have all the emails and lies to prove my case. Here is a snapshot of the post I am going to add to forums today. Keep in mind they approved a replacement, kept saying the playfield was back ordered while still producing the game. This started in 2020. See date on email.

00F713A5-05E9-4E8C-A39F-61FB24D809E6 (resized).jpeg00F713A5-05E9-4E8C-A39F-61FB24D809E6 (resized).jpeg
#777 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Wow... Very well done Spooky... I went from not interested to intrigued to... LOL

Same - this game is blowing my mind

#778 1 year ago

Game looks really good! Like Halloween. I’ll play it first then decide if I want it in my home. So far it looks fun

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Question is there any difference in purchasing directly with Spooky on Friday (I am a member) or going through a company like pinball star. THey will let me reserve mine now opposed to hoping I nail one friday with spooky. Any suggestions or shared experience?

The past couple of releases, their ecommerce store shit the bed as it couldn't handle the spike in traffic. If you don't want to have to worry about fighting a shitty website*, I would just order through Joe or another authorized distributor. Then you can just kick your feet up as the mob storms shop.spookypinball.com.

Otherwise, I'm not sure there's a ton of difference. E.g., from a support perspective, you usually end up getting in touch directly with Spooky (who provides excellent support in my experience).

*Note: No idea what improvements they've made (if any) to address this for Scooby Doo. For Halloween/Ultraman they thought they had it fixed (relative to the R&M release)...But their store still couldn't keep up with the load. They have more in-house devs now, so hopefully they've at least used them to give the store an architectural review/sign-off (assuming it's still a 3rd party implementation).

#780 1 year ago

Someone needs to take the knocker, move it to the top of the machine and hook it up to a small catapult that launches a scooby snack when the player gets a free game.

#781 1 year ago

So stoked for this, but dont have the collateral for another year or so to buy one. Looks like this will sell out, just hoping I can get one for under 9k from one of yall in a couple years.

#782 1 year ago

Someone needs to take the knocker, move it to the top of the machine and hook it up to a small catapult that launches a scooby snack when the player gets a free game.

THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Has anyone bought from PinballSTAR or can someone from Spooky confirm they’re an authorized distributor? Just trying to avoid scams. Also would be great if Spooky could partner with a distro in Arizona for future releases. I normally buy through Gameroom Goodies.

I’ve bought 3 machines off PinballSTAR in the past and I’ll be buying a 4th with Scooby-Doo.
Joe is legit AF…

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA

Include face tracking software and give bonus points if the player catches the snack in their mouth.

#785 1 year ago

Kickass mod. Hook up the knocker coil behind the DBA slot, install a 1-way gate and a hopper filled with treats. You play well, your dog gets a treat too.

#787 1 year ago

Holy moly the art on this Scooby Doo game is GREAT. The art makes me want to play it, as weird as that sounds.

#788 1 year ago

As long as people are talking about official Spooky Distributors, don't forget about Chris at Kingpin games. I've bought numerous games from him and his service and support can't be beat.
KingPinGames

#789 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

Kinda a self own

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well, can't unsee that.

You are welcome.

#791 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I’ve bought 3 machines off PinballSTAR in the past and I’ll be buying a 4th with Scooby-Doo.
Joe is legit AF…

Is shipping included in the listed prices, or is that extra?

#792 1 year ago

Save that for the eventual "A Christmas Story" Pinball. When you unlock "you'll shoot your eye out mode" and you get blasted in the face

#793 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You are welcome.

I'm still laughing.

#794 1 year ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Is shipping included in the listed prices, or is that extra?

Extra

#795 1 year ago

Lighten up, Francis.

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hahaha. Hahaha. They ghosted me for two years on a Jurassic Park Premium playfield replacement. I have all the emails and lies to prove my case. Here is a snapshot of the post I am going to add to forums today. Keep in mind they approved a replacement, kept saying the playfield was back ordered while still producing the game. This started in 2020. See date on email.

Maybe the Scooby Doo hype thread for a completely different manufacturer isn't the place to be having this discussion?

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

Aftermarket mod guys, here's a golden opportunity for some replacement plastics. Those originals most likely will have to be scrapped now that I've seen that image.

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Maybe the Scooby Doo hype thread for a completely different manufacturer isn't the place to be having this discussion?

Sorry. Angry. Lol. I’ll create my own post today.

#799 1 year ago

Is there a gameplay stream tomorrow?

#800 1 year ago

Love that The Black Knight is a far-orbit shot on an upper playfield I wonder if it'll loop back to the bookcase flipper...

Black_Knight (resized).pngBlack_Knight (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/16?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.