20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 130.
#6401 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I don’t think it’s been mentioned, that’s a neat idea. I’d be stoked for scenes that “fit” of the crew in the van - kinda like the house mod for HWN that has scenes playing in the windows (if I’m getting that right)?

Yeah absolutely, Any actual clips of the gang in the mystery machine playing for real in the van. Instead of the sticker. Although I realize with licensing it would be problematic to sell that product. A modder could make the hardware and leave it to the end user to make their own clips. Not unlike the way the cleland mod for TWD puts actual voices in the game. vimtoman, I'm looking at you.

#6403 1 year ago

Destroyed it on the second game, now it’s for sale …. I assume the wizard mode isn’t coded yet because I beat all the villains and it just started over

A4A93F33-860F-4850-92A9-0C81C21E2CB5 (resized).jpegA4A93F33-860F-4850-92A9-0C81C21E2CB5 (resized).jpeg
#6404 1 year ago
716E3256-BBDB-4152-B0A6-40B23F6D8A22.gif716E3256-BBDB-4152-B0A6-40B23F6D8A22.gif
#6405 1 year ago

Rocket City Pinball 3D start button

Will post on Monday when I get the launch button. Have a great weekend everyone.

Also my daughter is doing great and recovering well from her brain surgery. Thank you all who have prayed for her and my family and reached out.

#6406 1 year ago

Here is a video of Rocket City Pinball 3D start button. I Will post on Monday when I get the launch button. Have a great weekend everyone.
Also my daughter is doing great and recovering well from her brain surgery. Thank you all who have prayed for her and my family and reached out.

6AF123FF-CD02-4AA3-A6C7-B53694E2131E (resized).jpeg6AF123FF-CD02-4AA3-A6C7-B53694E2131E (resized).jpegCF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpegCF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg
#6407 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Destroyed it on the second game, now it’s for sale …. I assume the wizard mode isn’t coded yet because I beat all the villains and it just started over
[quoted image]

Yikes, I was planning on adding this game but easy titles never last in my collection. Going to take a reluctant pass on Scooby and play it on location instead.

Thanks for sharing!

#6408 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yikes, I was planning on adding this game but easy titles never last in my collection. Going to take a reluctant pass on Scooby and play it on location instead.
Thanks for sharing!

Bailing already and the code is still early? Ok.

#6409 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yikes, I was planning on adding this game but easy titles never last in my collection.

He can crank up the angle and take out the side posts. And turn all the extra balls off.

Then let’s see how easy it is.

rd

#6410 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

He can crank up the angle and take out the side posts. And turn all the extra balls off.
Then let’s see how easy it is.
rd

Watching the streams so far, a big part of the problem seems to be on the upper playfield, which plays boring as it stands currently. Those changes aren't really going to help that much.

#6411 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Watching the streams so far, a big part of the problem seems to be on the upper playfield, which plays boring as it stands currently. Those changes aren't really going to help that much.

I believe there is a middle post on the upper playfield that could be removed.

#6412 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this up. Can you please tell us how you have the game set up?

#6413 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

[quoted image]

For added challenge try unmasking all of the villains. The one's collumn does track your unmaskings, so you completed 4 of 7. That said, the cases are very accessible in the game. Most players will start several during a game. The challenge with cases will come from keeping your bravery high to maximize the value of each clue found. Additionally, those trap shots during the unmasking phase add some risk / reward. The character modes will also add some depth in there for you.

#6414 1 year ago

Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard honestly, the three wizard modes and the Scooby gang character modes aren’t even in the game yet so…you didn’t “destroy” shit.

Quoted from J_Striker:

[quoted image]

#6415 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

[quoted image]

LOL… Yeah, you’re some kind of special pinball god to be bragging about “destroying” a game that’s not even fully coded yet… Big man you are…

#6416 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL… Yeah, you’re some kind of special pinball god to be bragging about “destroying” a game that’s not even fully coded yet… Big man you are…

Are most people getting through the game at this point?

#6417 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard honestly, the three wizard modes and the Scooby gang character modes aren’t even in the game yet so…you didn’t “destroy” shit.

I am kind of skeptical myself as Alice is brutally hard and Scooby playfield layout looks similar. Same with Rick and Morty, Spooky games are anything but easy! I’ll be following closely to see how the code develops as this game looks very fun and nostalgic l

#6418 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Lol, it’s a joke my guy, calm down. I really like the game. I just had a good game. It’s not for sale and it’s a keeper in my collection. I am glad I have people here to bring me back to reality, hahaha. Some people in this forum have absolutely no sense of humor.

#6419 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Are most people getting through the game at this point?

You can’t get through the game.

#6420 1 year ago

OK was thinking of Scooby but apparently the trim is not showing up glow green like on their home page.. paint color is way off?

#6421 1 year ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK was thinking of Scooby but apparently the trim is not showing up glow green like on their home page.. paint color is way off?

6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
#6422 1 year ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Just saw it in person for the first time, the powder coat color and finish are awesome! Not glow green, but a perfect ‘60s throwback color, as shown in Vecna post above. Looks great in person.

#6423 1 year ago

The metallic paint does change in different light settings to a degree. It is definitely not glow green if that is what you are looking for.

#6424 1 year ago

It's retro.

43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpegBE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpegBE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
#6425 1 year ago

#567 for me.

#6426 1 year ago

Did the CE sell out yet? Pulp fiction did

#6427 1 year ago

1969 SDs total being made no limit on CE within that number. Website shows you can still order

#6428 1 year ago

I have ordered one! Just wondering!

#6429 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:I have ordered one! Just wondering!

Scooby doobie doooooooo!

#6430 1 year ago

About 15 games in and you can see what I believe to be a crack on the left bottom side of the left ramp. I think I saw a few posts about it many pages ago but that whole assembly seems weak when hit from the right. I do fear it wont be long before that screw is holding in nothing. Other slight nuisance is that the auto plunge timing seems off. It attempts to fire early enough before the ball is just in place to not launch leaving the ball in lane requiring me to hit the lock down button to launch. Will try to dig in a bit this weekend.

#6431 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

About 15 games in and you can see what I believe to be a crack on the left bottom side of the left ramp. I think I saw a few posts about it many pages ago but that whole assembly seems weak when hit from the right. I do fear it wont be long before that screw is holding in nothing. Other slight nuisance is that the auto plunge timing seems off. It attempts to fire early enough before the ball is just in place to not launch leaving the ball in lane requiring me to hit the lock down button to launch. Will try to dig in a bit this weekend.

Please post a picture

#6432 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Is the ramp plastic or steel?

If powdercoated steel, the crack may just be in the powdercoating, and not the ramp itself cracking.

If plastic, that's an issue, yes.

RussM

#6433 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Scooby doobie doooooooo!

#6434 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

Well....to be fair.... Scooby doesn't have a half-spinning briefcase that does absolutely nothing

So ya, I wouldn't expect a sell out. Gotta have a briefcase. Or at very least a half eaten hamburger model.

#6435 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

Spooky's sales model doesn't really allow for a sell out. Membership required to buy a machine at launch must really help on how many units most likely will be sold. They get the sales part of being able to say limited amount to be made (get your name on a list since some distros no longer have spots for games) but really the number is so high they can't make it to the number so they will sell every game they can (brilliant), Spooky has eliminated flippers (resellers) of their games so that is another thing they can be applauded for since so many people (on pinside) dislike seeing the value of their new games going up instead of down.

Spooky has some very astute people on the business side I look up to them for that!!!

#6436 1 year ago

I put a deposit down for a CE two weeks ago, #1149 is what they replied to me. So they still have plenty of room to go.

#6437 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I put a deposit down for a CE two weeks ago, #1149 is what they replied to me. So they still have plenty of room to go.

Agreed, they probably have a large number left, but your number isn't necessarily indicative of how many are remaining... Spooky assigns CE numbers in batches to distributors, so while you got 1149 with one, you may have been at 1250 had you ordered with another at the exact same time.

#6438 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:About 15 games in and you can see what I believe to be a crack on the left bottom side of the left ramp. I think I saw a few posts about it many pages ago but that whole assembly seems weak when hit from the right. I do fear it wont be long before that screw is holding in nothing. Other slight nuisance is that the auto plunge timing seems off. It attempts to fire early enough before the ball is just in place to not launch leaving the ball in lane requiring me to hit the lock down button to launch. Will try to dig in a bit this weekend.

I think this was brought up in the owners thread. I think they determined it is just a gap in the powdercoat, and not an actual crack in the ramp.

#6440 1 year ago

Am I correct in thinking that we still have 5 character specific modes + 3 wizard modes to be added? If so, this is so freaking awesome...really stoked to see what creative things Spooky comes up with for these! As I've said before, I love me some 'video modes' that require bashing the action button (LW3 anyone?) and if I remember correctly there was talk of additional villains???

Does anyone have a fix on the '?' insert...is that for a yet-to-be-coded mode or something that exists in the game already?

#6441 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Am I correct in thinking that we still have 5 character specific modes + 3 wizard modes to be added? If so, this is so freaking awesome...really stoked to see what creative things Spooky comes up with for these! As I've said before, I love me some 'video modes' that require bashing the action button (LW3 anyone?) and if I remember correctly there was talk of additional villains???
Does anyone have a fix on the '?' insert...is that for a yet-to-be-coded mode or something that exists in the game already?

Pretty much on the mark! Each member of the gang will have their own unique mode! Right now, Creeper is the only video/button mashing mode, and a relatively simple one at that, but you'll see more in future updates!! And the ? will indeed be tied into those extra "mystery" monster modes.

#6442 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Pretty much on the mark! Each member of the gang will have their own unique mode! Right now, Creeper is the only video/button mashing mode, and a relatively simple one at that, but you'll see more in future updates!! And the ? will indeed be tied into those extra "mystery" monster modes.

Yaaaaaaassssss!!!!!

#6443 1 year ago

I have had a chance o play both PF and SD. PF is a great game and is a lot of fun. It will prob do really well with people who buy games and 3 years later when it’s time to sell they brag about it only having 49 plays. Why so low? Is the game not fun or do you not really play pinball that much? I would love to have one but feel like the shallow single level would start to bore me long term. Maybe because I don’t have a 40 game collection. So to me a 9-10k price tag for that is too steep. Prob a lot available on the secondary market after they are all in the wild. I can wait. Scooby has a ton on things to do and shoot for and will be flush with modes. Small collection? Play a lot? Prob more my speed. Foo fighters is definitely the best shooter of all the new games but right now but I’m just not a Foo super fan for the theme. the total package, I’m giving Scooby the edge.

#6444 1 year ago

Had a chance to play just about everything so far at TPF. I liked FF, I liked PF, I liked GF and I liked GTF (a lot more than I thought I would). But Scooby has them all beat IMO. Theme, art, gameplay - this pin is going to stay in most people's collection a long time, if not forever.

#6445 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I agree, I plan to add to my wish list until in the house.

3 months since posting and am elated to say that I can officialy add it to my collection now. Just landed today, as posted above. Still not setup but a small sneak peek and it's gorgeous!

20230328_180833 (resized).jpg20230328_180833 (resized).jpg20230328_181118 (resized).jpg20230328_181118 (resized).jpg20230328_181545 (resized).jpg20230328_181545 (resized).jpg20230328_181755 (resized).jpg20230328_181755 (resized).jpg20230328_181811 (resized).jpg20230328_181811 (resized).jpg
#6446 1 year ago

#135 landed today in Ottawa Canada.

My impressions so far, good and bad.

-beautiful. Playfield and art is really nice

-A bit disappointed in the topper as I find the right and Morty and Halloween ones are a bit better (more interactive). I'm not really a topper guy though

-Was really happy of the distance of the castle from the flippers. Perfect imo. Hate it when there's tight shots and it's right in front of you

-Drainfest out the left outlane. Would be nice if you could light ruh roh to save it by.... Like, not draining (basically your second one can be saved). Hopefully this is addressed in code

-left flipper came BADLY off center or very loose. I did play 2 games before noticing so maybe it was the latter.. QA? It also makes a noise when I hold down the left flipper, like some Stern's used to do

-i set it up steep and she plays fast. Not a slow game at all, I mean I guess depends how you set it up. Those horse shoes really speed up the lower pf

-one of the strangest design decisions I've ever seen, when you lift the playfield up it is resting on the black plastic hands. This isn't a matter of will it break it's when.... I put it against the head super gently and I could see it beeeeeend..... And they are attached to a metal bracket..... I don't get why you'd put plastic on that maybe they couldn't source metal hands but it's pretty unpractical in my opinion. I can see these breaking a lot. I would have done something different for sure, it's a weird design. Hope they stocked up on these I have a feeling a lot will be getting swapped!

-upper playfield I find very fun. Love the bookcase!

-mystery machine rejects a LOT of shots. And sometimes when I have balls locked they just fall out during game play randomly and I have a freebie 2 ball multiball! That ends when I drain one of the 2. Sigh.

-balls fall off upper playfield frequently. Blue habitrail should have a upper guard, it's definitely big enough for a ball to get through and it does. A lot. Not sure if I can adjust this ..

- code needs a lot of work. Ball save on right outlane works literally half the time. I don't think (but maybe) its the switch but could be.

-low scoring. Boooooo

-overall it's a fun game. For sure. I like most spookys as they are something different but for me, so far, fun but not a home run by any means. I will wait to judge it on more complete code. It did wonders for Halloween.

So it's really a mixed bag. I bought a Halloween and it's a bit of a lemon I'll be honest. So I was really hoping I would just be blown away at the quality changes. So far, not the case. And it's only been like 10 games.

I will say though spooky support is very good.

Anyways just finished dinner - I'm off to go fix my badly off center flipper!

20230331_165845 (resized).jpg20230331_165845 (resized).jpg20230331_174429 (resized).jpg20230331_174429 (resized).jpg
#6447 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

-A bit disappointed in the topper as I find the right and Morty and Halloween ones are a bit better (more interactive). I'm not really a topper guy though
-Was really happy of the distance of the castle from the flippers. Perfect imo. Hate it when there's tight shots and it's right in front of you
-Drainfest out the left outlane. Would be nice if you could light ruh roh to save it by.... Like, not draining (basically your second one can be saved). Hopefully this is addressed in code
-left flipper came BADLY off center or very loose. I did play 2 games before noticing so maybe it was the latter.. QA? It also makes a noise when I hold down the left flipper, like some Stern's used to do
-i set it up steep and she plays fast. Not a slow game at all, I mean I guess depends how you set it up. Those horse shoes really speed up the lower pf
-one of the strangest design decisions I've ever seen, when you lift the playfield up it is resting on the black plastic hands. This isn't a matter of will it break it's when.... I put it against the head super gently and I could see it beeeeeend..... And they are attached to a metal bracket..... I don't get why you'd put plastic on that maybe they couldn't source metal hands but it's pretty unpractical in my opinion. I can see these breaking a lot. I would have done something different for sure, it's a weird design. Hope they stocked up on these I have a feeling a lot will be getting swapped!
-mystery machine rejects a LOT of shots. And sometimes when I have balls locked they just fall out during game play randomly and I have a freebie 2 ball multiball! That ends when I drain one of the 2. Sigh.
-balls fall off upper playfield frequently. Blue habitrail should have a upper guard, it's definitely big enough for a ball to get through and it does. A lot. Not sure if I can adjust this ..
- code needs a lot of work. Ball save on right outlane works literally half the time. I don't think (but maybe) its the switch but could be.
-low scoring. Boooooo
-overall it's a fun game. For sure. I like most spookys as they are something different but for me, so far, fun but not a home run by any means. I will wait to judge it on more complete code. It did wonders for Halloween.
So it's really a mixed bag. I bought a Halloween and it's a bit of a lemon I'll be honest. So I was really hoping I would just be blown away at the quality changes. So far, not the case. And it's only been like 10 games.
Anyways just finished dinner - I'm off to go fix my badly off center flipper! [quoted image][quoted image]

You should post this in the owner's thread, you'll probably get way more feedback on your issues and how to resolve them.

#6448 1 year ago

Finaly got to play it a bunch...My comments after rating it.

Smooth shooting, fantastic mode rules, quick efficient up and down movement to and from upper playfield, unique apron locks, 2 spinners that rip, played many many credits my buddy and I just wanted to keep playing as our strategies and ball control management evolved along with understanding the mode rules. Simply a fun pin with clean colorful art package, Spooky's best pin and a certain hit.

Hope its Game of the Year; its got my vote thus far.

#6449 1 year ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Final invoice sent

Finaly got to play it a bunch...My comments after rating it.
Smooth shooting, fantastic mode rules, quick efficient up and down movement to and from upper playfield, unique apron locks, 2 spinners that rip, played many many credits my buddy and I just wanted to keep playing as our strategies and ball control management evolved along with understanding the mode rules. Simply a fun pin with clean colorful art package, Spooky's best pin and a certain hit.
Hope its Game of the Year; its got my vote thus far.

So glad you enjoyed it,I see a mixture of opinions some good so not so good,I am close #268 and I have not played the game yet
I hope I have your reaction to the game!

#6450 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

-low scoring. Boooooo
Anyways just finished dinner - I'm off to go fix my badly off center flipper! [quoted image][quoted image]

I would love to know how you're number 135 given that that's my number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/129?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.