20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 130.
#6351 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This is a much better way, but I personally wouldn’t slide it bare-back on carpet..only because if any wood that is going to splinter on the edges, will definitely splinter off the cab. Put cardboard under and around, w/ lengthwise straps under it (to flow with the carpet. And strap the backbox down with the cardboard as well. Remember to take the balls out beforehand Done ✅

I’ve slid six boxed pins down my carpeted 90 degree turn basement stairs and never had a problem. It’s been the easiest way to get it down with no damage. I slide the truck side down the large part of the stairs and the side of the cabinet on the first part of the stairs. There isn’t enough room to even twist. One pin was brought down by the distributor’s delivery and set up guys and they unboxed them (I got four at once) and damaged the side decal of one of them on the stairs. Pissed me off and still hasn’t been fixed. I didn’t make my distributor fix it. When I told them they damaged it they denied it said it was that way, it wasn’t. The damaged decal parts were stuck to the stair sides so I know it was them. I let it go since they worked hard and I know they didn’t do it on purpose. Haven’t tried bringing down an unprotected unboxed pin since.

#6352 1 year ago

#139, just paid my full invoice. Nitro said 2-3 weeks for delivery but that’s just a guess.

#6353 1 year ago

Curious, shouldn't the insert say "Scooby Snacks"? Or did the licenser say use "Scoob Snacks"? Or is it because "Scooby Snacks" is an actual snack food that is trademarked now?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6354 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Curious, shouldn't the insert say "Scooby Snacks"? Or did the licenser say use "Scoob Snacks"? Or is it because "Scooby Snacks" is an actual snack food that is trademarked now?[quoted image]

Well saw !

#6355 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Curious, shouldn't the insert say "Scooby Snacks"? Or did the licenser say use "Scoob Snacks"? Or is it because "Scooby Snacks" is an actual snack food that is trademarked now?[quoted image]

That's it, I'm OUT!

#6356 1 year ago

Well CE 67 is no longer on route. If anyone near Pittsburgh PA 15203 has a widebody glass on hand I would pay a premium for it. Seems like a bad piece of glass since it exploded in my hands as I was holding it. Not touching any surface and no pressure. First time the glass was off it at all.
334883250_727020728917898_3691513257235352471_n (resized).jpg334883250_727020728917898_3691513257235352471_n (resized).jpg

#6357 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Well CE 67 is no longer on route. If anyone near Pittsburgh PA 15203 has a widebody glass on hand I would pay a premium for it. Seems like a bad piece of glass since it exploded in my hands as I was holding it. Not touching any surface and no pressure. First time the glass was off it at all.
[quoted image]

Ouch, that sucks. At least it was off the game and you don't have to disassemble the entire game to get every last piece out?

#6358 1 year ago

Oh there's still plenty in the game. Not a ton, but enough.

#6359 1 year ago

Poor Weird Al took some shrapnel. Hope there wasn’t any damage beyond the mess. That’s a very cool pair of machines! Al has quickly become one of my all time favorites!

#6360 1 year ago

#6361 1 year ago

Anyone know the exact measurements of the glass? Williams Widebody is what I'm guessing but when I measured with a tape measure it seemed slightly off from that. . . I don't want to have to get custom glass cut. . . but. . .

#6362 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yeah my buddy just got his game and it was damaged too as well I really hope that spooky starts inspecting these games much better before they send them out

What kind of damage?

#6363 1 year ago

Anyone know the exact measurements of the glass? Williams Widebody is what I'm guessing but when I measured with a tape measure it seemed slightly off from that. . . I don't want to have to get custom glass cut. . . but. . .

Somewhere in the Hype thread Spooky confirmed it's B/W Widebody dimmensions and I saw someone posted they put a piece of Invisiglass on it. Shattered tempered glass sucks, you'll be finding little pieces of that for a long time.

#6364 1 year ago

Would any of the new owners mind measuring the height of the topper, please?

#6365 1 year ago

[quoted image]

lucky you did not cut your hands.

#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Would any of the new owners mind measuring the height of the topper, please?

Since I was already here with the tape measure checking the glass.

Quoted from frankmac:

lucky you did not cut your hands.

Oh I did.
332148320_193691023266004_6341608084794980421_n (resized).jpg332148320_193691023266004_6341608084794980421_n (resized).jpg

#6367 1 year ago

anyone else still excited to get their Scooby doo even after watching the foo fighters? I know I am and this is not a dis against FF since I'm getting a premium.

#6368 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

anyone else still excited to get their Scooby doo even after watching the foo fighters? I know I am and this is not a dis against FF since I'm getting a premium.

Of course, I'll gladly play the hell out of FF when it shows up in the local barcades though!

#6369 1 year ago

I’ve had glass explode in my hand without coming into contact with anything else a bunch of times, always a shock. Hope someone can get you a new piece right away

[quoted image]

#6370 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Temperature differential from your hands, most-likely. Cold glass, warm hands, exploding surprise time. It's happened to me before the same way, and it's very surprising when one second you're holding glass, the next it's gone. Another reason I went to suction cups for glass removal.
playfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpgplayfield_glass_suction_cups (resized).jpg

(I only use one now, two was overkill.) Suction cup and pool noodle FTW.

#6371 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Suction cup and pool noodle FTW.

I use an old yoga mat over the railing near my games. I also use those cloth gloves every time. So far no accidents but a carpeted floor over wood helps keep it safe.

#6372 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve had glass explode in my hand without coming into contact with anything else a bunch of times

A bunch of times? That is.... incredibly unlucky? 25 years of collecting and I've had only 2 breakages, both from the glass being knocked over as it was leaning against something else (klutzy friend and a cat were the perps).

When I slide the glass out I'll grab it at the top with one hand tightly and let it hang as I carry it, never had a problem.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Cold glass, warm hands, exploding surprise time. It's happened to me before the same way, and it's very surprising when one second you're holding glass, the next it's gone.

Are y'all grabbing the corners or the top middle? I grab the top middle, maybe warming up the corners is bad news...

#6373 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

A bunch of times? That is.... incredibly unlucky? 25 years of collecting and I've had only 2 breakages, both from the glass being knocked over as it was leaning against something else (klutzy friend and a cat were the perps).
When I slide the glass out I'll grab it at the top with one hand tightly and let it hang as I carry it, never had a problem.

Are y'all grabbing the corners or the top middle? I grab the top middle, maybe warming up the corners is bad news...

Agreed, typically tempered glass is the weakest at its corners (or so I've been told) so I stay away from those.

#6374 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

It doesn't really matter. The temperature differential between cold glass and warm hands is the trigger.

I've had it happen twice in 3 decades. Once was by hitting the corner of the glass on the cement when I didn't put it down evenly - lesson learned. The other was warm hands/cold glass and was a total surprise. Put those two lessons together and I do the suction cup/pool noodle now.

#6375 1 year ago

i’ve always set it gently on carpet but i really like the pool noodle idea - thanks !

#6376 1 year ago

I've had two explosions in ten years of routing pinball not touching anything. I've had 4 other pieces of glass I dropped or tapped on cement and had die but those at least feel like my fault.

Both mid-air non contact explosions were on new machines. (Godzilla last year and Scooby today) I only lift from the middle and never touch the sides but I do it bare handed. I was told by a friend who works with monitor glass production that sometimes if there's minor structural issues with the glass that aren't caught and then a small temp change anywhere can make make it pop. It happens sometimes when they're putting glass onto the monitors before shipping.

#6377 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

i’ve always set it gently on carpet but i really like the pool noodle idea - thanks !

They're super cheap, and you can get at least 2 bumpers out of one, sometimes 3.

Documented here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-noodle-protector-for-playfield-glass-when-off-the-machine#post-6961597

#6378 1 year ago

this just in...

off to watch

#6379 1 year ago

Where are the fuses of Scooby? Both upper flippers stopped working after 8 games .

#6380 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't really matter. The temperature differential between cold glass and warm hands is the trigger.
I've had it happen twice in 3 decades. Once was by hitting the corner of the glass on the cement when I didn't put it down evenly - lesson learned. The other was warm hands/cold glass and was a total surprise. Put those two lessons together and I do the suction cup/pool noodle now.

I slide the glass down with my hands until I can grab it, then I grab both sides with a micro cloth and lean it gently against drywall with the cloths laying over both top corners and I set it on plush carpet. No issues in 5 years however didn’t know about the cold glass warm hands issue so I’ll make sure the room temp is at normal level before taking glass off. Thanks for the tip on that guys! I then wipe with anti-reflective glass cleaner and a micro cloth after putting glass back on.

#6381 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

Of course!!! This is my dream theme baby and I’m not jumping ship. I’m not worried by the time they get to my #494 the line will be all settled in and I should get a good machine. Bug please!!

Quoted from bobukcat:

Of course, I'll gladly play the hell out of FF when it shows up in the local barcades though!

FF looks really fun to shoot and innovative but man I cannot stand that theme I’m out solely for the theme.

#6382 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I slide the glass down with my hands until I can grab it, then I grab both sides with a micro cloth and lean it gently against drywall with the cloths laying over both top corners and I set it on plush carpet. No issues in 5 years however didn’t know about the cold glass warm hands issue so I’ll make sure the room temp is at normal level before taking glass off. Thanks for the tip on that guys! I then wipe with anti-reflective glass cleaner and a micro cloth after putting glass back on.

I do the exact same same thing. No breakage yet. <knocks on cabinet>

#6383 1 year ago

Lots of quality issues it appears with early Scooby Doo's. Personally I say don't buy any new game from any manufacter until it's been made for 3-6 months, at these prices it's not worth the early headaches IMO. With Spooky there may be the option to delay an order to a later run.

#6384 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

No issues in 5 years however didn’t know about the cold glass warm hands issue

Most people learn that one when the glass disappears from their hands, and not a moment before. I know I had never heard of it before it happened to me.

#6385 1 year ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

I do the exact same same thing. No breakage yet. <knocks on cabinet>

Let’s hope for both of us it stays that way.

#6386 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lots of quality issues it appears with early Scooby Doo's. Personally I say don't buy any new game from any manufacter until it's been made for 3-6 months, at these prices it's not worth the early headaches IMO. With Spooky there may be the option to delay an order to a later run.

Got mine yesterday. Zero issues.

#6387 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

" lots " ? I've seen one post about shipping damage

#6388 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

" lots " ? I've seen one post about shipping damage

I recommend reading the owner’s thread for Scooby doo. It’s been a sad couple of recent pages of issues. Spooky folks in there and helping though.

#6389 1 year ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I recommend reading the owner’s thread for Scooby doo. It’s been a sad couple of recent pages of issues. Spooky folks in there and helping though.

Appreciate it. I've got a game some where in the middle of the run. I've not seen that thread yet. Now I wish you wouldn't have told me lol

#6390 1 year ago

Got a chance to play at Ocelot (Dulles,VA) yesterday and I was honestly a bit worried I’d have buyers remorse given all the issues reported recently.

I’m happy to report that despite a few hiccups over a couple of hours, I walked away very happy with my impulse purchase and can’t wait for #757 to show up! The hiccups were minor after the initial headaches OOB by owner mentioned in owners thread - tilt needs some tweaking, a zip tie needs adjusted so it doesn’t catch the ball, etc.

It’s a beautiful shooter and a fun game. Def some kinks to work out but the code feels really solid for this early in a release. Can’t wait to see what SpookyDJ and crew cook up for this pin!

No longer worried that the color looked a bit too highlighter - the glam photos don’t do justice to the powder coat, it looks closer to an olive green outside of bright lights.

Couple of pics…

0ADB48A3-5541-4B43-895E-1B1BA7E8B017 (resized).jpeg0ADB48A3-5541-4B43-895E-1B1BA7E8B017 (resized).jpeg63DFEFBA-E718-4445-9094-2232DDA61252 (resized).jpeg63DFEFBA-E718-4445-9094-2232DDA61252 (resized).jpeg6D33C520-8349-4A59-BE8D-4BFCDCCC0912 (resized).jpeg6D33C520-8349-4A59-BE8D-4BFCDCCC0912 (resized).jpegAF6D8734-EF79-4D07-856C-667B9720E6BE (resized).jpegAF6D8734-EF79-4D07-856C-667B9720E6BE (resized).jpegB0D8FA71-08C0-41E8-AAB3-0CC9AA2F1F1A (resized).jpegB0D8FA71-08C0-41E8-AAB3-0CC9AA2F1F1A (resized).jpegC7C5A2DA-91BC-4847-A77C-0C652E294FC0 (resized).jpegC7C5A2DA-91BC-4847-A77C-0C652E294FC0 (resized).jpegE7F4F5FB-8510-493B-885D-11536C399D56 (resized).jpegE7F4F5FB-8510-493B-885D-11536C399D56 (resized).jpegFD5EFA25-6271-4EEA-A591-4A6ED49A94ED (resized).jpegFD5EFA25-6271-4EEA-A591-4A6ED49A94ED (resized).jpeg
#6391 1 year ago

Is the upper playfield counter pitched to the main playfield? Like if the main playfield is 6.5 degrees relative to ground, is the upper pf at like 6.0 degrees relative to ground? I think I heard Spooky say the recommended pitch for the main PF is 7.0 degrees?

#6392 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:

Couple of pics… [quoted image]

It's weird that they didn't mount those flasher domes on the "hero" line up consistently. It looks like two of them are mounted to the top of the plastic, and the third in your picture has the leg with the screw mounted UNDER the plastic where I would expect it to be, so you only see the dome through the plastic hole. ALL of them should have the mounting tab below the plastic, imo.
hero line mount (resized).jpghero line mount (resized).jpg

#6393 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ALL of the flasher domes should have the mounting tab below the plastic.

From a previous pic taken at the Spooky factory, it looks like all tabs should be mounted under.
bravery meter dome lights (resized).jpgbravery meter dome lights (resized).jpg

#6394 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

From a previous pic taken at the Spooky factory, it looks like the tabs should all be mounted under.
Maybe need to review the assembly procedure with the line personnel?
[quoted image]

Apparently so. That's how I expected them to look. Easy enough to fix, but something that should be done correctly at the factory. Paging SpookyLuke or @spookydj.

Also, it's strange that they didn't eliminate one of the THREE screws per flasher by mounting the tab to the left or right screw by moving either one of them down a little per pair so the distance was far enough from the dome to line up. Then they'd have been able to elimnate that third screw and only have two screws per dome, and the LED board could be sandwiched on that side. In addition to the screw cost and assembly time improvements, it'd end up with a cleaner look, like this:
modified-hero-line-assembly (resized).jpgmodified-hero-line-assembly (resized).jpg

#6395 1 year ago

I’ll consider this ‘hype’. In preparing for our Scooby (not coming till the end of this year) me and the kids have gone out and found a few other Spooky titles out on location. Main takeaway is that we’ve loved playing each one and they really do offer something unique and special! I’d say that Ultraman has been my favorite followed by ACNC. Super creative shots/modes on UM that really make you think about what’s next and combo shots. The two-tier upper playfields is genius and adds so much depth that I haven’t experienced on any other pin. ACNC is tight and requires serious attention, which I loved…the working your way through the castle battling monsters made me wish I had the pin at home to make more progress.

In summary, if Scooby is even half the pin of UM and ACNC I’m gonna be soooo stoked! I’m certain Spooky is going to deliver a complete code package that offers challenging and fun modes that keep me coming back to solve more mysteries with creative shots, can’t wait!

A5396FD3-F2AE-452D-95AE-B6BE99D10C36 (resized).jpegA5396FD3-F2AE-452D-95AE-B6BE99D10C36 (resized).jpegD068A980-EBEC-4E48-94F2-45369D285206 (resized).jpegD068A980-EBEC-4E48-94F2-45369D285206 (resized).jpegD71A6479-D47B-441A-A150-3DB48CA7D845 (resized).jpegD71A6479-D47B-441A-A150-3DB48CA7D845 (resized).jpeg
#6396 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's weird that they didn't mount those flasher domes on the "hero" line up consistently. It looks like two of them are mounted to the top of the plastic, and the third in your picture has the leg with the screw mounted UNDER the plastic where I would expect it to be, so you only see the dome through the plastic hole. ALL of them should have the mounting tab below the plastic, imo.
[quoted image]

I believe they are all the mounted under I think the light is tricking you because there is not as much light under the purple as the bravery meter isnt full. You are seeing the tab through the plastic. I can see the white art print line over top of the tab.

#6397 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe they are all the mounted under I think the light is tricking you because there is not as much light under the purple as the bravery meter isnt full. You are seeing the tab through the plastic. I can see the white art print line over top of the tab.

It seems so clear with almost fully realized color. If it's really on the bottom and the color coming through that clearly, there must be almost no white base on that plastic. Too bad there's not another angle on that machine with the lights off on the meter.

#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Exactly this, I decided to check mine after seeing this post and a couple of them looked like they were mounted on top to the point where I had to physically touch them to see that it was mounted under and just showing through

#6399 1 year ago

Maybe already mentioned. The Mystery Machine is begging for a mod for the windshield to be a small display with Scooby highlights playing on it. Sorry if this was already said.

#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Maybe already mentioned. The Mystery Machine is begging for a mod for the windshield to be a small display with Scooby highlights playing on it. Sorry if this was already said.

I don’t think it’s been mentioned, that’s a neat idea. I’d be stoked for scenes that “fit” of the crew in the van - kinda like the house mod for HWN that has scenes playing in the windows (if I’m getting that right)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/128?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.