20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 130.
#6301 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Good news and bad news. The good, I was able to get my Williams widebody down to the basement which has a turn on the stairs. The bad news, I had to put the dolly bottom at the front of the cabinet. This is a blank virtual machine cabinet, so no graphics to jack up. There is no way I'm going to make that turn on a dolly with the back on the bottom of the cart. I did take off the coin door and plunger too.
So I think when Scoob comes, I'm going to have to do the same, remove the plunger, coin door, and backbox. And of course protect the hell out of the front graphics.
Anyone deal with the same problem and have any "learn from my mistakes" advice?
Next house it's going to be mandatory that it has a walkout basement.....that's accessible.
[quoted image]

I've dealt with it - but not at my house. I just slid it down on blankets/cardboard - rear first. Then stand it up on the landing, twist 90 degrees then continue down the remaining stairs. Gravity is your friend going down - up is another matter! (Just noticed coasterguy said the same)

#6302 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Ditch the dolly. Slide it down the steps and stand it up on the landing and twist it?

Cardboard can help with the sliding. That shipping box isn't just for shipping.

#6303 1 year ago

Another vote for cardboard…would hate to get mid-way and have the blanket start bunching. Obviously you’re stabilizing from below (maybe with another person) to allow a slow and steady descent. Best of luck!

#6304 1 year ago

These work well. You can hook a rope to them and pull them up or guide them down

72EF67B0-3500-4BCA-84C8-AB9CF503AC35 (resized).png72EF67B0-3500-4BCA-84C8-AB9CF503AC35 (resized).png
#6305 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

These work well. You can hook a rope to them and pull them up or guide them down

I bought a game from a guy who had steep stairs down to the game room. I was limbering up to carry it up when he pulled out one of these. After we loaded the game onto the "sled" he ran a steel cable from his ATV just outside the door and winched it right up the stairs with no damage to the game or my back.

#6306 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I bought a game from a guy who had steep stairs down to the game room. I was limbering up to carry it up when he pulled out one of these. After we loaded the game onto the "sled" he ran a steel cable from his ATV just outside the door and winched it right up the stairs with no damage to the game or my back.

Yes, I’ve seen a few guys use these and they work great. The ATV idea is cool

#6307 1 year ago

Great idea, thanks for the tip @tiltbob. Just ordered a sled to move a golden tee around the side of my house into walk-in basement. It will take a week to arrive but it will make the job quite simple. Saw it on Amazon and one click later, it is on the way.

#6308 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Great idea, thanks for the tip Tiltbob. Just ordered a sled to move a golden tee around the side of my house into walk-in basement. It will take a week to arrive but it will make the job quite simple. Saw it on Amazon and one click later, it is on the way.

That’s great! Let’s make moving easier

#6309 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Ditch the dolly. Slide it down the steps and stand it up on the landing and twist it?

Exactly my thought

#6310 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I've dealt with it - but not at my house. I just slid it down on blankets/cardboard - rear first. Then stand it up on the landing, twist 90 degrees then continue down the remaining stairs. Gravity is your friend going down - up is another matter! (Just noticed coasterguy said the same)

I have about 5 steps then a pivot (small landing) and down another 5 or so. After a few years of this I can get a pin out of car, in the house and down the stairs on my own. Neighbors will always help if around. All I do is lay the pin on floor ready to go down the steps. Go down steps a but and slowly let her slide down to the landing. When the head reaches landing I tip it up, twist and then go down plunger first towards end of stairs. Once it's close to bottom I'll shove like a blanket or pillow under the pin/between next step it's going to lower on because once at the bottom and you start to flatten out on main floor it can drop a bit heavy as it goes down last 2 or 3 steps. Note I have carpeted steps so the sliding down is easy and no damage etc. It's easier than a dolly going down for me because it's soooo tight with the dolly and pin trying to twist at the pivot.

#6311 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Good news and bad news. The good, I was able to get my Williams widebody down to the basement which has a turn on the stairs. The bad news, I had to put the dolly bottom at the front of the cabinet. This is a blank virtual machine cabinet, so no graphics to jack up. There is no way I'm going to make that turn on a dolly with the back on the bottom of the cart. I did take off the coin door and plunger too.
So I think when Scoob comes, I'm going to have to do the same, remove the plunger, coin door, and backbox. And of course protect the hell out of the front graphics.
Anyone deal with the same problem and have any "learn from my mistakes" advice?
Next house it's going to be mandatory that it has a walkout basement.....that's accessible.
[quoted image]

I have a side door load-in to a landing with stairs up and down. Going down requires a 90 degree turn, which is not possible with the head attached to the game.
What I do is set the cabinet on the landing, pull out the dolly and turn it 90 degrees. Then move it over the edge of the first step and tilt it forward enough to slide the dolly under it. Then I keep moving it forward a little bit while holding it so I eventually have enough room to tip it back and wheel it down the stairs.
Of course, this is just with an empty cabinet that is easy to hold onto while moving it over the lip of the landing. I would need another person on the stairs for support if I was moving a fully loaded cabinet. I'm ordering a butter cabinet so I'm getting help regardless.
From your picture it looks like you would have enough room to do the same thing. Take the cabinet down the first staircase normally. On the landing, with the cabinet on the dolly, rotate the whole thing 90 degrees (or remove the dolly and rotate), then move it over the lip of the step so you can get behind the dolly and roll it down the stairs.

#6312 1 year ago

I had a similar set of stairs at my old house. Here's what I came up with. Basically I raised the landing by one step, which made the landing bigger. It was just big enough to let me get the pin down on an appliance dolly, then spin the pin+dolly 90 degrees, get behind it and go down the remaining steps.

That first step was double deep so I later built another couple of steps which are painted black and easy to see in the second picture. But they were really not 100% required. It was just better because with the additional black steps you didn't feel like the pin was falling when you were going down that first tall step off the platform.

When we moved out I bought an escalera and had no issues using it in this configuration either.

IMG_20140808_225316 (resized).jpgIMG_20140808_225316 (resized).jpgIMG_20140808_225350 (resized).jpgIMG_20140808_225350 (resized).jpg
#6313 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I had a similar set of stairs at my old house. Here's what I came up with. Basically I raised the landing by one step, which made the landing bigger. It was just big enough to let me get the pin down on an appliance dolly, then spin the pin+dolly 90 degrees, get behind it and go down the remaining steps.
That first step was double deep so I later built another couple of steps which are painted black and easy to see in the second picture. But they were really not 100% required. It was just better because with the additional black steps you didn't feel like the pin was falling when you were going down that first tall step off the platform.
When we moved out I bought an escalera and had no issues using it in this configuration either.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Necessity is the mother of invention.

#6314 1 year ago

and she is here. . . North End Pub, Lafayette, Indiana

RuhRoh (resized).pngRuhRoh (resized).png
#6315 1 year ago

i am sexually attracted to this .

Quoted from Porkfritter:

[quoted image]

#6316 1 year ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

[quoted image]

Would love some game play video if you’re able! Looks great!

#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Would love some game play video if you’re able! Looks great!

I'll see if we can stream some gameplay on league night this Thursday!

#6318 1 year ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

What are your initial thoughts on the game?

#6319 1 year ago

Never for the life of me have I been able to figure out why people put some of the heaviest , most awkward, wood boxes, full of electronics in the most inaccessible, moist places in their house.

#6320 1 year ago

Still waiting for shipping notification. Looks like three in the wild and all owner operators. Spooky only boxes up 7 a day only. So still waiting for #32

So 4 down votes for stating facts?

8C2F8722-28CC-4F76-96CA-BA432B18B4A1 (resized).png8C2F8722-28CC-4F76-96CA-BA432B18B4A1 (resized).png
#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Rad! Thanks!

#6322 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Never for the life of me have I been able to figure out why people put some of the heaviest , most awkward, wood boxes, full of electronics in the most inaccessible, moist places in their house.

Lots of reasons…space is number 1. I get your point, but many people live in high humidity areas, and even if the room is climate controlled, it still could be high humidity. On the flip side, where I live can also be dry as a desert…wood doesn’t like that either. As far as inaccessible goes….space.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

What are your initial thoughts on the game?

The theme, art, and sound package hits home to me from watching the cartoon as a child SO much I am not sure I can give you a fair review....

I can tell you a good friend believes it has great flow and endless posibilities. . . I think people who passed on this one are going to be super disapointed and people who took the leap of faith are going to be very much rewarded.... IMHO

#6324 1 year ago

Got moved up from 1861 to 1146. I switched from BSE to CE a few weeks back. Instead of getting mine around May 2024, now looking at around November, happy birthday to me!

#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. People down vote (or up vote) for their own reasons, and sometimes those reasons are impossible to know.

#6326 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. People down vote (or up vote) for their own reasons, and sometimes those reasons are impossible to know.

Case in point, I called someone out in another thread for being a dumb dumb, and he came into this thread and gave my original post its' only downvote. Did I care why? No. Instead it's a public sign to everyone else what a child he is, and that makes me smile.

#6327 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Downvotes should actually get more credit. Getting a down mean that you have had a sense of control over someone’s emotions forcing them to take action. If you get a downvote you are master over the one doing the deed .

#6328 1 year ago

Some of my favorites on pinside get their fair share of downvotes. There’s some characters here, and pinside is more interesting because of it. Also the ignore button is great to deal with the asshats that are obviously everyone’s favorite Uncle at thanksgiving.

#6329 1 year ago

I never take a down vote personal.... people may not like the information in your post.... even if it is factual. . . If I may add my input....

I believe the issue was that you said that Spooky ONLY boxes and ship 7 games a day. . . and you are still waiting for your message evn though some location games have shipped. . . this came across to a select few as a complaint. . . when actually this is a triumph. . . and I think your wording could have been chosen a TAD better.... especially when we have people on here very happy to move up 200 spots and you are 32?

This message I bet would have recieved up votes.......

Man, seeing these locations get this game has me on pins and needles to get my message for #32 which I havent got yet. . . I know Spooky is up to 7 games a day so I won't be waiting long!!!!

#6330 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Case in point, I called someone out in another thread for being a dumb dumb, and he came into this thread and gave my original post its' only downvote. Did I care why? No. Instead it's a public sign to everyone else what a child he is, and that makes me smile.

this just made me LOL.... you dumb dumb... I actually used to be adicted to these suckers as a kid!!! DUM DUMs I think they were called. . . . and my dad called me DUMDUM

<blockquote cite="
[quoted image]

Quoted from Pugster:

Some of my favorites on pinside get their fair share of downvotes. There’s some characters here, and pinside is more interesting because of it. Also the ignore button is great to deal with the asshats that are obviously everyone’s favorite Uncle at thanksgiving.

wait... does that mean when I am told I'm the favorite uncle I am actually an. . . . . . . . NO. . . It can't be. . . . .

#6331 1 year ago

You just never pass up a chance to make a fool of yourself do you?

Still waiting for shipping notification. Looks like three in the wild and all owner operators. Spooky only boxes up 7 a day only. So still waiting for #32
[quoted image]

#6332 1 year ago

I switched my BSE (1800 something) to CE (1207) with PinballStar. Update the SS.

#6333 1 year ago

I should have painted a better pic...it's not simply a 90 degree turn...the stairs kick back, this is the real problem I think. And why I won't be able to keep it in the box on its way down. That first landing is 33.5x 32.5. as you turn to go down the next set of stairs, the back will hit the wall. Maybe that's what a hammer, saw, and crowbar are for...remove the wall...? Ha!

PXL_20230223_000018332 (resized).jpgPXL_20230223_000018332 (resized).jpg
#6334 1 year ago

Just playin a little Halloween while waiting on the new Scooby pin to arrive.

EC048087-8CF2-4533-8278-AE206F667003 (resized).jpegEC048087-8CF2-4533-8278-AE206F667003 (resized).jpeg
#6335 1 year ago

They must have forgotten about you Scooby?

I’m #132 and just got my “going on the line” invoice notice.

Quoted from Danzig:

[quoted image]

Is this the hype thread! Yeah man, me too. Hittin Halloween tonight and a cold and chilly to celebrate

#6336 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

[quoted image]

I see the slap shot over the shoulder, how do you like it? I had a line on one once and it fell through, always seems like it be super fun to have.

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

I see the slap shot over the shoulder, how do you like it? I had a line on one once and it fell through, always seems like it be super fun to have.

Thanks for pointing slap shot out as I never heard of it before. 99% sure this is his game:

#6338 1 year ago

PinballSTAR Scooby Doo Launch Party / Tournament !!!

Sunday 2/26 11am
Bartari - Scranton, PA

Featuring :
* Electric City IFPA Pinball Tournament (optional)
Free Scooby Doo / PinballSTAR tshirts for all tournament players !
Pre-register for the tournament at www.electricitypinball.com
* 2 Scooby Doo games ! One in tournament / one for attendees not in the tournament !
* Great venue - Bartari - great unique food / drink options AND a featured Scooby Doo drink menu !
* Door prize drawing for a Halloween playfield ! Anyone attending gets an entry !
* For those who can’t attend the event will be streaming on Twitch on Electric City Pinball’s channel AND some special guests from Spooky Pinball will be joining in !
* All ages welcome
* PinballSTAR will be answering Scooby Doo questions and taking orders !

Interested in ordering a Scooby Doo or want more info on the event ? Email Joe at [email protected].

TY
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

F28519B8-B6F9-4FE9-99FF-F4AE8E0E192A (resized).jpegF28519B8-B6F9-4FE9-99FF-F4AE8E0E192A (resized).jpegED4AACE0-218A-49A9-9E0A-EA8865C6E65C (resized).jpegED4AACE0-218A-49A9-9E0A-EA8865C6E65C (resized).jpegDAB2A869-1BD5-4CB5-B41B-02668DCBFBB2 (resized).jpegDAB2A869-1BD5-4CB5-B41B-02668DCBFBB2 (resized).jpeg08CF327D-5EBF-4F7E-B0BC-F831E76DFE6B (resized).jpeg08CF327D-5EBF-4F7E-B0BC-F831E76DFE6B (resized).jpeg9176A170-379C-4AB8-AA7A-672D328C94BE (resized).jpeg9176A170-379C-4AB8-AA7A-672D328C94BE (resized).jpegFA8614E8-9E8F-4B6C-A1AF-068E7949B999 (resized).jpegFA8614E8-9E8F-4B6C-A1AF-068E7949B999 (resized).jpeg
#6339 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

This is a much better way, but I personally wouldn’t slide it bare-back on carpet..only because if any wood that is going to splinter on the edges, will definitely splinter off the cab. Put cardboard under and around, w/ lengthwise straps under it (to flow with the carpet. And strap the backbox down with the cardboard as well. Remember to take the balls out beforehand Done ✅

#6340 1 year ago

qq for the group. Just put the deposit down with Spooky direct. How do I know my # in line? I am in no rush, hence why I waited.

#6341 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

qq for the group. Just put the deposit down with Spooky direct. How do I know my # in line? I am in no rush, hence why I waited.

Morgan will email it to you...may take a few days.

#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Yes that’s a Data East Slap Shot, pretty simple game but it never gets old. Always shooting for a higher score. And to make it kid friendly they made them with a ticket dispenser and even a built in pull out step stool.

#6343 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thanks for pointing slap shot out as I never heard of it before. 99% sure this is his game:

Too funny, I was actually going to post my video of it here since the other guy was interested, but I took a look at the video you posted and that happens to be one of mine. Note though that vid I made before I rebuilt the player mech so it shoots a bit faster now.

Cheers ~JD

#6344 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Too funny, I was actually going to post my video of it here since the other guy was interested, but I took a look at the video you posted and that happens to be one of mine. Note though that vid I made before I rebuilt the player mech so it shoots a bit faster now.
Cheers ~JD

Two great minds think alike.

I have a Slugfest and it complete reminds me of it, although I like the redemption game and time aspect of Slap Shot.

How is the replay-ability once you get a really high score?

#6345 1 year ago

Got an email from pinballstar about a livestream but doesn’t seem to be going ?

#6346 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Got an email from pinballstar about a livestream but doesn’t seem to be going ?

It's a 3 PM, check the owner's club thread for full details.

#6347 1 year ago

So trying to get hyped but nervous about first reviews.

#6348 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

To me ... at this point ... the software is still early, so there is a lot of "play" on where this develops. The concept behind the code is interesting.

Someone can correct me, but I think you have to mainly judge this game by the layout. It's a fan layout with a lot of balls quickly returning to the flippers. The game may or may not be fast, but it certainly requires focus. I would guess ball control is going to be really important.

Most players here are much better than me, so I would be interested in their take on the layout. Anyone?

#6349 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

No need to be nervous here. Released with pretty good code which is terrific, great PF layout, all feedback is going into improvements including code updates and PF adjustments already!

I'm an ulraman owner, we just got a very nice code update as promised with more on the way. That was my first Spooky Pin and I felt confident to go in on Scooby and I have no regrets. Everything I see says this pin is a winner.

#6350 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

No need to be nervous here. Released with pretty good code which is terrific, great PF layout, all feedback is going into improvements including code updates and PF adjustments already!
I'm an ulraman owner, we just got a very nice code update as promised with more on the way. That was my first Spooky Pin and I felt confident to go in on Scooby and I have no regrets. Everything I see says this pin is a winner.

Thanks I went through the HW/UM release feels tge same hoping for the same results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/127?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.