20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 130.
#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Have never owned a butter cab but I can share that the decal art on Halloween (which I do own) and other Spookys I have played elsewhere is amazing and very well done. I'm certain it looks amazing but not certain if it is worth it at the end of the day for me personally. AS many have shared it is difficult/impossible to repair (although I imagine for hardy) and you, frankly, don't really pay much attention to the cabinet art once you have enjoyed it for a few days. Home guests/patrons will ooh and ahh the first few times but then its all about the game play. AND on Scooby I am looking forward to AMAZING game play. Spooky has this. Honestly you can't go wrong with either if you have the extra cash but going to save those dollars for some extra decor/reno in the game room. Haha.

I have R&M with butter - the artwork "pop" and the sheen from the clear coat is amazing. Considering what folks spend on mods/toppers/etc., I think butter is worth it when you LOVE the license and artwork. It also adds to the rarity and collectibility.

IMG_2092 (resized).jpegIMG_2092 (resized).jpegIMG_2093 (resized).jpegIMG_2093 (resized).jpeg
#5952 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I wish you could upgrade to thick radcals instead of butter.
Those shine a lot too and would be much cheaper.

If Spooky offered radcals as a middle option, would they call it margarine?

( Posting this only as a setup for CoolCatPinball to provide the punchline. )

#5953 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Avery Dennison™ SC950 Cut Vinyl Film - high gloss Clear. = Butter. $45 per cabinet
Not quite a spray on clearcoat but looks the same

You’ve covered cabinet art with this and it turned out good?

#5954 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If Spooky offered radcals as a middle option, would they call it margarine?

Nope, it would be called "I can't believe it's not Butter!!"

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nope, it would be called "I can't believe it's not Butter!!"

That is a good one !! Ha

#5956 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Looks great. When I get home tonight I’ll post some pics.
Purchased at Rvinyl.com
I’m going to do my speaker panel on my FH tonight. I’m curious if it will cover the light scratches it has.

#5957 1 year ago

I will add that Spooky does decals REALLY WELL. They look significantly better in terms of fit than my Stern. I have no regrets having decals on my Rick and Morty and don’t feel like I’m “missing out”. I also have a young kid and dogs that could mess up the art.

#5958 1 year ago

I have butter on my R&M and Halloween but don’t plan on it for Scooby. The price increase is a bit of a consideration but it’s not the big factor for me. Halloween artwork looks super great with butter. R&M looks good but the cartoon art has less depth/richness so the butter cab is less impactful. Seems to me that Scooby art (while great) is more in that cartoon camp so I’m going decal this time.

Quoted from Zimtech:

My question is concerning the butter cab option. I have no idea, and for the cost...? For some reference, I have three new sterns and I am happy with the cab art/decals and a Hobbit with radcals, which I think look great but if asked to pay an additional $1400...
Thoughts on how the butter cabs are and if the art look that much different?
Thanks for the input.

#5959 1 year ago

I’ve never seen or played any spooky (as with most games I own that aren’t from my circa 1993 childhood years), and I really like the idea of the butter cab as a unique feature/gimmick/art package/you name it, in my collection.

A game room should have, space permitting, the usual lineup - and then one spot (that could be constantly replaced) for a feature title. Then you can always get to enjoy and show off all sides of the game in all it’s glory. heck, the floor should be turning slowly and have a spotlight on when the feature game is in attract mode.

Bottom line, I believe I’ll end up opting for butter cab just because I won’t get to experience it otherwise.

#5960 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

A game room should have, space permitting, the usual lineup - and then one spot (that could be constantly replaced) for a feature title. Then you can always get to enjoy and show off all sides of the game in all it’s glory.

I mean, if you have space that's cool, but I think space is the one thing most of us don't have. I sold most of my pins and I still don't have space, because I just filled it with other games.

#5961 1 year ago

A game room should have, space permitting, the usual lineup - and then one spot (that could be constantly replaced) for a feature title...

+1 for the rotating platform/spotlight...agreed!

#5962 1 year ago

This from Spooky FB page

Screenshot_20230209_113146_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230209_113146_Facebook (resized).jpg
#5963 1 year ago

I’ve never seen or played any spooky (as with most games I own that aren’t from my circa 1993 childhood years), and I really like the idea of the butter cab as a unique feature/gimmick/art package/you name it, in my collection.
A game room should have, space permitting, the usual lineup - and then one spot (that could be constantly replaced) for a feature title. Then you can always get to enjoy and show off all sides of the game in all it’s glory. heck, the floor should be turning slowly and have a spotlight on when the feature game is in attract mode.
Bottom line, I believe I’ll end up opting for butter cab just because I won’t get to experience it otherwise.

My limited experience with Spooky pins (not butter - R&M and Halloween) is that they are absolutely gorgeous even without butter. When my wife saw R&M on location she said it was the best looking pin she’d ever seen. I thought maybe that was a one off until I saw my buddies Halloween CE…The cabs and playfields are the nicest in the business, at least in my limited experience. I love the white inserts as well - at least from an aesthetic standpoint. Haven’t played them enough to see how the color pops through during gameplay.

If money was no object I’d consider butter, but I don’t think anyone will be disappointed.

#5964 1 year ago

Hey SpookyLuke Any chance you guys will have a Scooby Doo at the Louisville Arcade Expo next month?

#5965 1 year ago

The one thing that seems to be missing in the comments about butter is that the art is direct print on the wood, full bleed (to edge), it is not a sticker. I have ACNC and HWCE in butter and it is gorgeous. I opted out of butter on SD because with the increase that would be a $2000 CDN price tag. Can't do it unfortunately. I might have added this pic in here already so I apoligize if so but have a look.

IMG_20190502_1841505 (resized).jpgIMG_20190502_1841505 (resized).jpg
#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I wish you could upgrade to thick rad cals instead of butter. Those shine a lot too and much cheaper.

Upgrade? There’s nothing like butter. Certainly radcals and clear cling wrap look no where near as good. Whether it’s worth the extra $$$$ or not is another question.

#5967 1 year ago

I have decals on my Halloween and they are beautiful. Went the same with Scooby. Downside of butter is if it gets scraped or scratched your kinda screwed. Vinyl decals more forgiving.

#5968 1 year ago

I really wanna play Alice Cooper - any in Reno I could try out ?

#5969 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Had a blast playing one last night...trying to find all the spooky pins on location in my area to get a better feel for them and so far loving each!

#5970 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Pinball map says there's one in Carson City at the Rock & Roll Hall of fame on W King St. That's only about a 30 minute drive...

#5971 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Had a blast playing one last night...trying to find all the spooky pins on location in my area to get a better feel for them and so far loving each!

Won't help you out, but for anyone reading your question in Ohio or adjacent states check out Crazy Martins in Piqua Ohio. It is actually a head shop but don't miss the pinball area. It has/will likely have 6/7 spooky games: ACNC, R&M, America's Most Haunted, TNA, and Rob Zombie (can't imagine they wont get Scooby). The pinball area is separate from the head shop. Very friendly staff. You can find them here in the Pin Map or on their own website. Be sure to scroll to the pinball area on the website. Have a total of 17 games.

http://www.crazymartins.com/#/

#5972 1 year ago

I stopped in Piqua on a road trip just because I wanted to play all the Spooky pins here. Great place.

Quoted from jakedistel:

Won't help you out, but for anyone reading your question in Ohio or adjacent states check out Crazy Martins in Piqua Ohio. It is actually a head shop but don't miss the pinball area. It has/will likely have 6/7 spooky games: ACNC, R&M, America's Most Haunted, TNA, and Rob Zombie (can't imagine they wont get Scooby). The pinball area is separate from the head shop. Very friendly staff. You can find them here in the Pin Map or on their own website. Be sure to scroll to the pinball area on the sight. Have a total of 17 games.
http://www.crazymartins.com/#/

#5973 1 year ago

It's happening folks! I just paid the balance on SDCE 49.

#5974 1 year ago

I believe a bunch of folks have paid last week but we want to see shipping notice!

#5975 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

So I stopped to look at a real better cab. Mine is not as shiny as butter. I agree you cannot get any better than real butter !

#5976 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's happening folks! I just paid the balance on SDCE 49.

I’m desperately waiting for my call at 59

#5977 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe a bunch of folks have paid last week but we want to see shipping notice!

Paid for #32 and still waiting. Hopefully soon

#5978 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Paid for #32 and still waiting. Hopefully soon

25187BAE-B517-4151-A910-271BEDC7B455.jpeg25187BAE-B517-4151-A910-271BEDC7B455.jpeg
#5979 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Miss that guy......

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I stopped in Piqua on a road trip just because I wanted to play all the Spooky pins here. Great place.

Yeah, it's kind of a hidden treasure for Spooky fans! Haha.

#5981 1 year ago

Just got this print to put up between Scooby and Halloween. There's a few different prints similar to this out there, but this (for my individual tastes...haha) best captured the spirit of the cartoon:
Scooby and Michael (resized).pngScooby and Michael (resized).png

#5982 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Just got this print to put up between Scooby and Halloween. There's a few different prints similar to this out there, but this (for my individual tastes...haha) best captured the spirit of the cartoon:
[quoted image]

Wicked idea!! Quick google search and I found this image…guess where Scooby is going next to?

FFDC2AD6-1A50-44E9-85A2-F318DC3865E8 (resized).jpegFFDC2AD6-1A50-44E9-85A2-F318DC3865E8 (resized).jpeg
#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Wicked idea!! Quick google search and I found this image…guess where Scooby is going next to?[quoted image]

Perfect. Haha. Now if I could just find a print of Deadpool and Michael or Deadpool and Scooby I'd have my line up. Haha.

#5984 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Perfect. Haha. Now if I could just find a print of Deadpool and Michael or Deadpool and Scooby I'd have my line up. Haha.

I’m going to try some of the AI image generators out there. Quickly tried it with Scoob and Godzilla and all I got back was a big lizard that looked like it was the love child between an iguana and a Great Dane

#5985 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I’m going to try some of the AI image generators out there. Quickly tried it with Scoob and Godzilla and all I got back was a big lizard that looked like it was the love child between an iguana and a Great Dane

POST IT!!!!

#5986 1 year ago

Just one of the abominations…

B72F657C-78B4-4467-AA1E-366500A14C93 (resized).jpegB72F657C-78B4-4467-AA1E-366500A14C93 (resized).jpeg
#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

[quoted image]

I AM SCOOB

#5988 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

[quoted image]

Wizard! This is amazing…and with what looks like a levitating palm tree no less! Hah

#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

[quoted image]

That is hilarious!

#5990 1 year ago

Well hopefully first batch start shipping next week. Have a good weekend one and all.

#5991 1 year ago

I recall Spooky saying they were going to be making or shipping these mid-January.

Did I mis-remember? Or did something happen to delay their plans?

Getting antsy.

#5992 1 year ago

When are these things supposed to arrive? Would prefer to read an owner's thread rather than a hype thread.

#5993 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball map says there's one in Carson City at the Rock & Roll Hall of fame on W King St. That's only about a 30 minute drive...

Negative ghost rider.. was just out in Carson city a few weeks ago and say that on pinmap. It was a temporary exhibit that is no longer there…

#5994 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I recalled Spooky saying they were going to be making or shipping these mid-January.
Did I mis-remember? Or did something happen to delay their plans?
Getting antsy.

They said they fell behind by a little bit. Shouldn't be long now...

#5995 1 year ago

I'm torn on this but I thought I'd post it here... What's my next pin?

Should I get Scooby CE because it looks really fun with in-depth code out the box and I also grew up watching Scoob as kid in the early 80's?

OR

Should I go with Iron Maiden Pro (re-releasing in April), which I've played on location and enjoy it, also I'm a huge Maiden fan?

...could just flip a coin too and make a decision

#5996 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Knock on wood I believe we are free of any parts shortages. We have done some pretty crazy policy changes and long term investing these last couple years to make sure parts flow is steady. Also piled up alot of inventory. We are going to roll these first 50 "early" games out the door here shortly and then we will be going right to 30 a week!

Read this.

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

Should I get Scooby CE because it looks really fun with in-depth code out the box and I also grew up watching Scoob as kid in the early 80's?
OR
Should I go with Iron Maiden Pro (re-releasing in April), which I've played on location and enjoy it, also I'm a huge Maiden fan?

Scooby if I was you. I am not a Maiden fan, but for me it’s not Elwin’s best of all his pins. I think the fun and nostalgia is better with Scooby. Maidens can be had used for a decent price bellow retail. I would get Scooby especially if it is a huge hit.

Don’t know if it will go up like Rick and Morty, but I would err on the side of caution. Iron Maiden is already established. Plus with over 4k callouts and show assets with Scooby and future villains added for me would beat Maiden. Get a CE and relive your childhood memories is my answer.

#5998 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby if I was you. I am not a Maiden fan, but for me it’s not Elwin’s best of all his pins. I think the fun and nostalgia is better with Scooby. Maidens can be had used for a decent price bellow retail. I would get Scooby especially if it is a huge hit.
Don’t know if it will go up like Rick and Morty, but I would err on the side of caution. Iron Maiden is already established. Plus with over 4k callouts and show assets with Scooby and future villains added for me would beat Maiden. Get a CE and relive your childhood memories is my answer.

Yeah, all good points.

#5999 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

Yeah, all good points.

No problem. If you loved Scooby as a kid, I would get it. Hell I still like watching Scooby. Goodluck with whatever decision you make. Watch the gameplay video and go from there. See which one gets you more excited to have and play. I haven’t watched it yet though. Want no spoilers.

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

OR

I vote Maiden. After GZ, I like Maiden 2nd most of Elwin’s pins. It is a real barn burner. A good game makes you feel like a king. Reason being, after collecting modes or awards you can keep going and earn shards. How many shards can you collect towards total. Maiden has many outstanding modes. It is ranked in top 10 and deserves it’s accolades. Code is complete. For these reasons I suggest going Maiden for now. Keep that game a year and if you still want Scooby Doo, sell Maiden and buy one then. It will be finished and you can play it first. While some people might say get the new and shiny, I say go newish & shiniest and get that nib Maiden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/120?hl=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.