20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 130.
#5851 1 year ago

The same here! This will be my first Spooky game but it was the one to make me look more into Spooky. I seen the negativity towards them and find it ironic. I own new in box Sterns and JJP games. Yet I have had issues with them as well. Wonka had issues with Gobstopper and the diverter. Not to mention all the issues with pooling which luckily mine doesnt have. My Godzilla had issues with the mechagodzilla magnet. Did people also forget about the stdm drains from the building and the magna grab issues?

The big thing to me is seeing all of them being active on the forum and Facebook answering questions and taking suggestions. Well above and beyond any other manufacture. They are actually putting forth great effort in trying to produce a great product. For goodness sake, look at this game compared to the other manufacturers for the price.

The documentary was great. I honestly see my self being a Spooky customer for life. Super pumped for my Scooby!

Quoted from brooklynknight:

I have to say my family and I absolutely just fell in love with Spooky, its family and Benton. We just watched the documentary and we now want to retire in Benton!!!!!!! My first spooky was a TNA on its first run, I have owned a R&M and currently have a Halloween which is one of my favorites! Your games, values and business ethics will keep me a customer for life!!!!! What they accomplished was no easy feat and looking back at their past few pins and now seeing these pictures of scooby... its mind-blowing to see how far they have come!!! Huge kudos to creating a fantastic business, with an awesome family! Also been purchasing a bunch of new (merch) for my family to continue the support! We are beyond stoked to get Scooby #72!!!!! Keep up the good work my friend!!!!

#5852 1 year ago

This is called “The Spooky Effect”. A team so excited for what they do that they will do anything possible to make their customers happy and deliver a top notch product. You guys are killing it!!!

#5853 1 year ago

Spooky Rudy is ready to take a peek at Spooky’s Scooby Doo

5D8C0913-0812-42C0-BFFE-8C159AE77488 (resized).jpeg5D8C0913-0812-42C0-BFFE-8C159AE77488 (resized).jpeg
#5854 1 year ago

If anybody wants to move back I have 908 with Pinball Star I wouldn’t be opposed to getting one earlier

#5855 1 year ago

Rocket City Pinball 3D start button arrived today. It’s awesome! Highly recommend his products. I buy for all my pins. A must have in my opinion. Have his Halloween one also.

ACC545FC-8C17-4FA4-8870-81FE1B13B281 (resized).jpegACC545FC-8C17-4FA4-8870-81FE1B13B281 (resized).jpeg
#5856 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BallyKISS1978 have you gotten the call for delivery yet? If not, you’ll probably hear something on Monday, right?

Nothing yet sadly. Hopefully soon. The wait is tough because it’s so damn close.

#5857 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Nothing yet sadly. Hopefully soon. The wait is tough because it’s so damn close.

The wait is the best part. Once the machine arrives the excitement peaks and it slowly fades. Then comes frustration waiting for code. Then excitement when the new code drops then it fades again until you sell.

#5858 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

The wait is the best part. Once the machine arrives the excitement peaks and it slowly fades. Then comes frustration waiting for code. Then excitement when the new code drops then it fades again until you sell.

I am not an awesome or great player. Just enjoy playing. Plus I am patient and it’s fun seeing the code evolve. Early code doesn’t bother me. I won’t even see most modes anyway lol.

#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from bflagg:

amazon.com link »

Whoa, never even knew this existed!

#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm not ... they are supposed to full refund on The CCR....
They don't
I agree new distro is the answer.

(PinballStar) has lost my business forever.

#5861 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

(PinballStar) has lost my business forever.

He also is a total ripoff on shipping. Claims the high price is premium shipping but with my Halloween the shipper just left it in the driveway in the rain with no call. I just happened to go outside to get the mail and happened to see it sitting in the rain.

#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

He also is a total ripoff on shipping. Claims the high price is premium shipping but with my Halloween the shipper just left it in the driveway in the rain with no call. I just happened to go outside to get the mail and happened to see it sitting in the rain.

That’s insane!! WTH?! I would have blown a gasket.

#5863 1 year ago

How much was the shipping?

Quoted from Deez:

#5864 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How much was the shipping?

$460

#5865 1 year ago

Yeah, bit much. I paid $300 direct from Spooky and I believe kingpin was a similar quote

#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, bit much. I paid $300 direct from Spooky and I believe kingpin was a similar quote

I paid 330 for my first one from spooky a few months earlier. So 130 more for the exact shipping and the first one called and dropped it in my garage.

#5867 1 year ago

The pin is fully insured when shipping with PinballStar.Make sure you ask your distributor if they do the same.

#5868 1 year ago

Guys also realize shipping is not always the same, it varies by route, distance, etc. What costs someone 300, can be totally different for another state. Freight is not flat rate. Kingpin was around 500 for freight to me in FL

Also freight companies are currently CONSTANTLY changing their rates on us shippers.

#5869 1 year ago

yep. location matters, type of location (terminal, commercial, residentail) matters, what day it ships on, what carrier it ships with, does it need a liftgate? there are lots of factors in shipping.

We don't make money on the shippng charges. They are just something that needs to be factored in. If you want to save money on the shipping side, see if you can have the game shipped to the local terminal. Note that the "local" terminal might be 60 miles away, and then you will have to have a way to get the game from the terminal to your house (truck, van, etc). If you work at a place that has a dock / forklift that is zoned commercial, you can have it shipped there and save a some too. Residential with a liftgate is typically the most expensive. Truck drivers do not like going into residential neighborhoods. Smaller roads, potential for accidents (kids, pets, people not paying attention, etc), and the lifgate that is needed is not installed on all truck, so a special trcuk has to do the delivery.

We charge the customer what the shipping company quotes us.

#5870 1 year ago

Location is a huge factor! Being on the East coast, my last 3 or 4 machines have all been in the $450 - $550 range. My Wonka cost $500 to ship (distributor was in IA), and I had to pick it up at the FedEx terminal in Syracuse (an hour away) to get that rate. It would have been $600 to my driveway - she showed me her quote. I have bought several games from Joe. His shipping rates have always been comparable to what I was paying elsewhere. And, I have never had a game just dropped off without a call or signature. That shipment must have been interlined to a lesser shipping company for final delivery, or was just a terrible driver that day. I feel bad that some have had a bad experience, but I have been happy with PinballSTAR. He went WAY above and beyond for me on my first purchase from him: AFM LE. Joe let me park my trailer in his garage so I didn't have to drag it all the way to Pinfest, and then had his dad meet me on a Sunday when travelling back home to get my trailer back out, and to help load the game. He didn't know me, but he did all that to make a new customer happy. Again, I'm sorry if you have had a different experience, but I can't help but to like Joe.

#5871 1 year ago

had to check to see if I was in the Pinballstar Hype thread ?

#5872 1 year ago

I don't know how someone can't say that Spooky isn't the greatest company in pinball. They keep us updated, they listen and respond to the community, customer service is the best, games are fun and the prices are the best (or close) bang for the buck of current NIB games. The latest build quality of Halloween/UM was extraordinary imo. Code is all that's left and they are working on that. The latest stream was encouraging.

Seriously, this is how you keep taking my NIB money year after year. I love to see it.

#5873 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

had to check to see if I was in the Pinballstar Hype thread ?

Not hype. It was suggested that he was price-gouging on freight. I thought it important to share my experience, which was not at all like that.

#5874 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Documentary? Where can this be found?

Looks like it's free to stream on Vimeo -

https://vimeo.com/213474512?fbclid=IwAR3UwJkan6435uY3W5-4tDNdIzYAU1-45OGdEXObm1xruxgVRm-NzJ12qk8

#5875 1 year ago

Here's how this went...I played Ultraman a bunch over the weekend at an open-house and loved it...then I watched the Spooky documentary, massive respect for the company...then I emailed Morgan this morning and she got right back and answered my questions...Then I put a deposit on a SE...might upgrade later but just stoked as all heck to support Spooky and enjoy this pin with my kids!

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Here's how this went...I played Ultraman a bunch over the weekend at an open-house and loved it...then I watched the Spooky documentary, massive respect for the company...then I emailed Morgan this morning and she got right back and answered my questions...Then I put a deposit on a SE...might upgrade later but just stoked as all heck to support Spooky and enjoy this pin with my kids!

if you want a Spooky pin while you wait for Scooby, we have ultraman standard, ultraman collector's, and halloween collector's available for immediate shipping... just a thought!

#5877 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

if you want a Spooky pin while you wait for Scooby, we have ultraman standard, ultraman collector's, and halloween collector's available for immediate shipping... just a thought!

Appreciate the offer, thanks. wish I could buy 'em all...can't.

#5878 1 year ago

Rocket City Pinball 3D start button arrived today. It’s awesome! Highly recommend his products. I buy for all my pins. A must have in my opinion. Have his Halloween one also.
[quoted image]

But the CE already comes with a custom start button. And it’s a square shape

#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Actually the start button is round on all models. It's only the launch button which comes on the CE as the square "SD" dog tag.

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You're thinking of the ball launch button. It's square. Start button looks standard size and is round That being said I don't like the way those 3D buttons feel. Wether it's start, ball launch, or coin return.

Yoko2una beat me to it by a few seconds. Lol.

#5881 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You're thinking of the ball launch button. It's square. Start button looks standard size and is round That being said I don't like the way those 3D buttons feel. Wether it's start, ball launch, or coin return.
Yoko2una beat me to it by a few seconds. Lol.

For start button no big deal. Your not hitting it all the time like the action button. 3D start buttons looks great. I passed on the 3D launch button because I like the stock cartoon style artwork on the factory launch button. Goes great with the cabinet art.

#5882 1 year ago

For start button no big deal. Your not hitting it all the time like the action button. 3D start buttons looks great. I passed on the 3D launch button because I like the stock cartoon style artwork on the factory launch button. Goes great with the cabinet art.

Agree start button only love it! Just waiting a little closer to ship.

#5883 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

He also is a total ripoff on shipping. Claims the high price is premium shipping but with my Halloween the shipper just left it in the driveway in the rain with no call. I just happened to go outside to get the mail and happened to see it sitting in the ra

Let’s hope not. First time pinballstar customer. Spooky direct before. Shipping from spooky has always been very affordable and pretty cheap to tell you the truth. If my invoice from Joe has a huge shipping cost, he’ll lose my business in the future and I’ll call it out!!

#5884 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Actually the start button is round on all models. It's only the launch button which comes on the CE as the square "SD" dog tag.

Ah. Brain fart. Carry on

#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Agree start button only love it! Just waiting a little closer to ship.

What number are you? I am 32 so figured have it here when the game arrives.

#5886 1 year ago

Since it came up - Curious if anyone has an actual price on shipping
Residential w/ lift gate
Vs
Commercial to a business with docks

My work could easily take this. I’d just have to get it into my van - which is doable cause we have non-dock loading bays as well. For $100 not worth the hassle but at $200+ it’s worth it IMO.

#5887 1 year ago

Hey guys sorry if this is a bit off topic but I know this is the best place for you all to see it. We added a TON of new and also scratch and dent playfields to our website store! We will also be added a bunch of other factory finds throughout the week. Got some cool rare stuff to like Alice Cooper playfields and Rick and morty.

#5888 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yep that's why I make the dog tag version too. CE owners can convert to a 3D version if they want, and other owners could use this version as the start or the launch, it'll fit at either location.

pinside.7e1238ac6a358548743e039d4a9ab0d778b29b6a (resized).jpgpinside.7e1238ac6a358548743e039d4a9ab0d778b29b6a (resized).jpgpinside.91e0d4a998bbe581e151804c2b856d35e2306637 (resized).jpgpinside.91e0d4a998bbe581e151804c2b856d35e2306637 (resized).jpgpinside.addbf72a668a9019f7af5065f538f2dd425adc09 (resized).jpgpinside.addbf72a668a9019f7af5065f538f2dd425adc09 (resized).jpg
#5889 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys sorry if this is a bit off topic but I know this is the best place for you all to see it. We added a TON of new and also scratch and dent playfields to our website store! We will also be added a bunch of other factory finds throughout the week. Got some cool rare stuff to like Alice Cooper playfields and Rick and morty.

Hi Luke.

I've sent you a PM, have a couple of questions, hoping that you can help me out.

Thanks!

#5890 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Shoot would have liked the Alice Cooper Playfield. He hosts a charity concert called Coopstock at my local golf course Las Sendas every April. That would be a cool wall hang piece. If you’re still in contact with Alice you should consider having him auction off one of the pinball machines for the event. Items usually fetch big money there and go to help poor and homeless teens in his music center.

#5891 1 year ago

Yeah the ACNC stock we had went super fast. I'm going to get some more made asap.

#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah the ACNC stock we had went super fast. I'm going to get some more made asap.

You don’t happen to have an ACNC topper for sale by chance?

#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Sadly no. I can ask but it's not likely. Wish I could help ya out I appreciate your support over the years.

#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Sadly no. I can ask but it's not likely. Wish I could help ya out I appreciate your support over the years.

I would love to have one too. Lots of folks would buy if there was another run of them.

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Quoted from insight75:

I would love to have one too. Lots of folks would buy if there was another run of them.

Thought it was worth a try.
If you ever make more I’m totally down for one.

#5896 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thought it was worth a try.
If you ever make more I’m totally down for one.

If you don’t ask your guaranteed a no. That’s what I tell my kids.

#5897 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:Yeah the ACNC stock we had went super fast. I'm going to get some more made asap.

Did you have a left ramp? I had emailed you guys a few weeks ago looking for one and was told it was being checked on but never heard back.

#5898 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did you have a left ramp? I had emailed you guys a few weeks ago looking for one and was told it was being checked on but never heard back.

Bad time to ask with all going on with Scooby Doo unfortunately.

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

"Hey, you... grab that hammer and come with me. We need more scratch and dent playfields ASAP"

Artwork on that playfield is awesome.

#5900 1 year ago

Really cool watch - really makes you root for the family and the company. Props to the town for all of its support too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.