20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 130.
#5751 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I had a friend that deadlifted my WOZ up the stairs once ... once.

once_ONCE.gifonce_ONCE.gif
#5752 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

You absolutely figured out my reference. Kudos!

#5753 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Okay, Curious...the base/platform is up too high, so How do you slide a machine on it unlike the Escalera that has a slim base like a furniture dolly?

I have been getting a few questions via PM's so I thought I would share my most recent reply.

My stairs are also carpeted but are straight up and down. The unit worked fine for my purposes and as long as the radii of your stair treads are not too tight/sharp I would imagine it would work for you as well. But the tracks operate together so there isn't anyway to 'turn the unit' by energizing one side at a time. So, you may have to slide the unit a bit to negotiate the curve. That may be a bit difficult, I just don't know as I have not had to do that myself. To operate best it needs to make contact on the edge of at least 2 steps, preferably 3 as it travels up or down. The tracks are rubber and are 37" toe to toe and 1 1/4" wide which allows them to comfortably span my 3 treads at a time. The unit has a kind of auto brake feel to it in that it does not move until the power (motion button, up or down) is operated on the adjustable height handle (really well engineered). It comes from Amazon in a wooden 'crate' and is fully assembled and ready to go after the battery is charged. Too much detail? Let me know what other questions you might have.
BTW, I thought about an Escalera but my Operator friend convinced me not to because he said they are very hard to master. There are some horror stories on Pinside from people who injured themselves using an Escalera so you might want to look into that further if you want to go that way. I might mention that the fellow who bought my DI was so impressed by my unit that he bought one for himself the same day. And no, I am not receiving anything for my endorsement. I am just really happy with the unit. Best of luck in making your decision.

In so far as getting the game onto the dolly's platform, I placed a piece of cardboard on the platform's top to protect the game, tilted the game to an angle that allowed it's edge to be above the height of the platform, and slid/jockeyed it up onto the platform. Then strapped it securely to the dolly. Very much like you would do if you were loading a game into the back of a vehicle.

Hope this helps.

#5754 1 year ago

Interesting...so, I wonder if it can do 180° stairs with 11' drop.....

20230203_142151 (resized).jpg20230203_142151 (resized).jpg

I have used an escalera a dozen times at different friends houses (pinball buddy group...and 3 out of 5 of us have stairs so one of us has an escalera we all borrow). Escaleras do the trick, but yes...there is a learning curve. Going up stairs isn't bad, but going down, if you don't have the spacing right on your "start" point, the escalera can slip and go down on the next step hard.

Interested because having two electric dollys could help us out (and not have to continually borrow one from the one guy) and these are much cheaper than an escalera. It also seems like doing the sharp 90° turns on some straight stairways (that cut back on themselves) would be easier than an escalera...but I could be wrong about that.

#5755 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

With all this number swapping talk….
I’m PinballStar CE #808… if anyone with a lower number wants to / or needs to move back feel free to hit me up.
I will now prepare for the onslaught of PM’s

Pleasure doing business with you. Enjoy #504!

#5756 1 year ago

The simplest way to move upstairs is to do it the way the people who deliver your fridge and washing machines carry things upstairs. Shoulder dolly moving straps. Just find a friend you trust and practice in a flat area before you commit to going vertical. Just make sure the Pin is wrapped with a moving blanket so the metal clips don't scrape it. If your using them correctly the metal shouldn't get close anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Dolly-Moving-Straps-Efficiently/dp/B00022749Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Interesting...so, I wonder if it can do 180° stairs with 11' drop.....
[quoted image]
I have used an escalera a dozen times at different friends houses (pinball buddy group...and 3 out of 5 of us have stairs so one of us has an escalera we all borrow). Escaleras do the trick, but yes...there is a learning curve. Going up stairs isn't bad, but going down, if you don't have the spacing right on your "start" point, the escalera can slip and go down on the next step hard.
Interested because having two electric dollys could help us out (and not have to continually borrow one from the one guy) and these are much cheaper than an escalera. It also seems like doing the sharp 90° turns on some straight stairways (that cut back on themselves) would be easier than an escalera...but I could be wrong about that.

I had stairs just like that. It's a bitch but doable with appliance dolly.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

The simplest way to move upstairs is to do it the way the people who deliver your fridge and washing machines carry things upstairs. Shoulder dolly moving straps. Just find a friend you trust and practice in a flat area before you commit to going vertical. Just make sure the Pin is wrapped with a moving blanket so the metal clips don't scrape it. If your using them correctly the metal shouldn't get close anyway.
amazon.com link »

These are great, but pins are heavy so its still quite a workout to move a pin with the straps. It is much cheaper than an escalera though.

When I moved, the movers actually did use the straps, though interestingly...they decided to do it vertically. When they got to the stairs, they had to adjust the straps so the person on the bottom "carried" it much higher than the person at the top of the stairs.

20201030_141227 (resized).jpg20201030_141227 (resized).jpg

#5759 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I had stairs just like that. It's a bitch but doable with appliance dolly.

Its fine with an escalera....you move down a step, and just move one side a little bit farther than the other wheel so you are back to being "straight" on with the next edge.

I'm just not sure how well the amazon dolly would work if its "intended" to hit 2-3 stairs at a time...

#5760 1 year ago

I am so glad my pins are in my front room right by the front door. What a nightmare for some of you. My body hurts for you all.

#5761 1 year ago

All this stair talk makes the five long cement steps up to my front door look like nothing. Glad my games go on the ground floor unless they go to the basement for major surgery like my Meteor (then I just take it apart and carry it down).

As for getting a NIB game inside: with my UM I had to take the cardboard and unhook it from the pallet then carefully slide it onto the furniture dolly. The pallet itself will not fit through the door. I was lucky with the weather. It'll be spring when my Scooby-Doo arrives so hopefully it's not raining or something the day it comes.

#5762 1 year ago

you poor souls!, i use a skidsteer and pallet forks , open up the french doors to my walkout and gently set it on a dollie and wheel it to its parking spot. my only heavy lift is flipping the machine on its base to add the rear legs.

#5763 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

you poor souls!, i use a skidsteer and pallet forks , open up the french doors to my walkout and gently set it on a dollie and wheel it to its parking spot. my only heavy lift is flipping the machine on its base to add the rear legs.

The things we do in pin ownership! Like buying a house to fit our collection

#5764 1 year ago

I’m looking for an earlier number through Pinball Star if anyone wants to trade for a later run. I’ve got CE #815. Please message me if interested!

Thanks! Bill

#5765 1 year ago

I have been debating on removing my double window and adding french doors upstairs with a small balcony so I can use my skid steer.

Quoted from ls1chris:

#5767 1 year ago

Just to keep it on topic here... these stairs would be easier - at least on the way down.

#5768 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just to keep it on topic here... these stairs would be easier - at least on the way down.

Sure thing boss

#5769 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I like talking about steps for dollys and escalaras. I need something to buy while I wait on my scooby invoice, and this gets me hyped for that.

#5770 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

These are great, but pins are heavy so its still quite a workout to move a pin with the straps. It is much cheaper than an escalera though.
When I moved, the movers actually did use the straps, though interestingly...they decided to do it vertically. When they got to the stairs, they had to adjust the straps so the person on the bottom "carried" it much higher than the person at the top of the stairs.
[quoted image]

So THAT'S how the ancient aliens made the pyramids! Somebody called History Channel...

#5771 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I like talking about steps for dollys and escalaras. I need something to buy while I wait on my scooby invoice, and this gets me hyped for that.

I actually don't care what you guys talk about, just a cool scene.

#5772 1 year ago

For any Pinballstar order holders I have game #653, if anyone who has a lower number would like to trade please PM me.

#5773 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I actually don't care what you guys talk about, just a cool scene.

Sorry for fucking with you. Lol

Feeling a little evil tonight. Maybe scooby should have a mode where the bad guys fight the gang? Like a side mode or one ball mode.

#5774 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m #212 CE through PinballStar looking to swap for #322?

I'll talk with pinball star and my customer (and spooky) to see if we can get something worked out. No promises, but we can try.

#5775 1 year ago

I have #132 and would like to move up to #128 if possible. Will pay transfer fee

#5776 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I'll talk with pinball star and my customer (and spooky) to see if we can get something worked out. No promises, but we can try.

Holy cow! This is next level customer service for a non customer!
Thank you.
Definitely will be a customer for something no matter if it works out or not.
Really appreciate the effort.

#5777 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

You absolutely figured out my reference. Kudos!

Surprised you didn't quote the big balls part of JD. Because that feat certainly required them.

#5778 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Surprised you didn't quote the big balls part of JD. Because that feat certainly required them.

Headline reads:
"statsdoc and PinMonk deported to Sweden, says not from there"

#5779 1 year ago

I’m #290 and would gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today

#5780 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Headline reads:
"statsdoc and PinMonk deported to Sweden, says not from there"

Johnny Pinmonk.gifJohnny Pinmonk.gif
#5781 1 year ago

Yes, next level shit! Watch out stern!

3965AB75-F190-4291-8CD8-7115F9E79435 (resized).jpeg3965AB75-F190-4291-8CD8-7115F9E79435 (resized).jpeg
#5782 1 year ago
Quoted from SwissMTNAlien:

Pleasure doing business with you. Enjoy #504!

likewise! Glad it worked out for each of us!

** Now…..Bring on the Deadflip stream… lets see some game play to tide us over while we wait.

Good luck with your project.

#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

That guy is a real jerk.

#5784 1 year ago

I originally ordered and received bse #1817. But now I'm thinking I want a CE. Pinballstar.

Crossing my fingers.

#5785 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

I originally ordered and received bse #1817. But now I'm thinking I want a CE. Pinballstar.
Crossing my fingers.

You're on the right path with that thought process.

#5786 1 year ago

Pinball goes great with so many things, but stairs are not among them. Gogdog's pic about made me break out in friggin' hives.

"The day my hobby and my marriage became fundamentally incompatible, scene 1: Triple-check the straps, moron""

#5787 1 year ago

My ex girlfriend was stairs.

#5788 1 year ago

CE1120 ordered from spooky. If anyone wants to delay and swap for a lower # let me know.

#5789 1 year ago

I have #268 from spooky if anybody wants to a little higher number I would like a little lower number.
Thanks

#5790 1 year ago

All good here if Chris's customer is agreeable to bump up. TY Chris for reaching out. Mike (Wariodolby) is a super guy - he's a lunatic mind you, but a nice lunatic ! : )
Joe

#5791 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m #290 and would gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today

Sounds a little 'Wimpy' to me! ;D

#5792 1 year ago

Don’t forget to buy some scooby socks….

B34EAFB3-D939-4C6D-A912-CCB334CFC840 (resized).jpegB34EAFB3-D939-4C6D-A912-CCB334CFC840 (resized).jpeg
#5793 1 year ago

Hopefully Spooky starts shipping soon. Morgan said to me they are very close. Off topic finally ordered some game blade protectors from pinball life. Now waiting on Halloween art blades replacement. Will ship with Scooby.

#5794 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am so glad my pins are in my front room right by the front door. What a nightmare for some of you. My body hurts for you all.

I would seriously just move.

#5795 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would seriously just move.

Exactly. Biggest hurdle I have is just the door stoop. No way would I want to put a pin upstairs or in a basement. Pins eventually will move on.

#5796 1 year ago

Maybe Velma could help you guys move your new SD in…she’s got a strong back.

B54C179C-512F-4E0B-9ADD-8F928319C191.gifB54C179C-512F-4E0B-9ADD-8F928319C191.gif
#5797 1 year ago

You guys with stairs have it easy. I have a 1/4 inch lip I have to go up to get in my man cave through a 16' by 8' door!

Bring on the pin pod!

#5798 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Pinball goes great with so many things, but stairs are not among them. Gogdog's pic about made me break out in friggin' hives.
"The day my hobby and my marriage became fundamentally incompatible, scene 1: Triple-check the straps, moron""

Single story home. The greatest thing about moving 3 years ago. No more F ing stairs to deal with.

Only problem is it tends to breed more pins because it’s so easy.

#5799 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hopefully Spooky starts shipping soon. Morgan said to me they are very close. Off topic finally ordered some game blade protectors from pinball life. Now waiting on Halloween art blades replacement. Will ship with Scooby.

Exciting! Was hoping to get game 69 when my old Marine Corps roommate flies into town next weekend but it will be something to look forward to next time he visits. Are there any going on location in AZ near Phoenix? Yucca? Dangerzone?

#5800 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Exciting! Was hoping to get game 69 when my old Marine Corps roommate flies into town next weekend but it will be something to look forward to next time he visits. Are there any going on location in AZ near Phoenix? Yucca? Dangerzone?

Electric Bat is on the list for #10.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.