20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 130.
#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe the Mystery Machine van and Scooby in a Barrel are common to the BSE and CE.
Blood Sucker has none of the "action figure" type characters, and nope, no "thank you" themed pingulp, either. (I'd just pay the extra for a CE, you're only $1k away, and you'll get the machine faster, too, since BSE's are built after CEs and almost all machines are going to be CEs.)
The Blood Sucker Edition is our middle tier package and will be built after all Collector's Editions.
Mystery Machine Exterior Art Package
Real Backglass
Metallic Flake Powder Coat Exterior Package - Legs, Armor, Hinges, Apron, and Coin Door
Flipper Button Protector Armor
Custom Laser Cut Speaker Grills
Lighted Speaker Grills
Full Color LEDs
Full Color Action Button
Metallic Flake Powder Coat Habitrails
Clear Plastic Protectors
Interior Graphics
Target Decals
Knocker Kit
Shaker Kit
Coin Box
Numbered Plaque
Exclusive Exterior Art Package by Matt Frank & Jeff Zornow
Real Backglass
Exclusive Villain Topper
Ghoulish Green Powder Coat Exterior Package - Legs, Armor, Hinges, Apron, and Coin Door
Custom Laser Cut “Creeper” Armor
Custom Laser Cut “Zombie & Scooby Chase” Speaker Grills
Lighted Speaker Grills
Custom Scooby Dog Tag Launch Button
Sculpt - Charlie the Robot
Sculpt - Miner 49er Minecart
Sculpt - Scooby Doo Minecart
Sculpt - Black Knight
Sculpt - Gold Mine Entrance
Sign - Abandoned Airfield
Full Color LEDs
Full Color Action Button
Full Color Flipper Buttons
Color Coated Habitrails (Matching the 5-Members of Mystery Inc.)
Ghoulish Green Plastic Protectors
Interior Graphics
Target Decals
Knocker Kit
Shaker Kit
Coin Box
Numbered Plaque
NEW! Custom Pingulp 3.0 (Thank You Gift)

I think the site was updated in the last 24hrs with a bit better info. The funny thing is what you posted first states BSE, but goes on to mix in CE goodies. I think you just didn't title the CE list?

I just wish there were pics of each model outside of just the cabinet. I want to see it without the sculpts, without colored habittrails. That comparison has me on the edge of upgrading to the CE instead.

Still trying to figure out if the "mine entrance" sculpt is the gate on the lower playfield, or the sign on the upper? Some photos/videos didn't include the drop gate. But I think that's considered the castle, not mine?

I think I have a better idea about what some of it is though now. Thanks

#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

At the moment, once you've visited a location/case, whether you pass it or drain out, the corresponding insert in the lower middle of the playfield will stay lit to indicate you've visited it. At the moment, you cannot go back into a case once you've visited it, but the exact mechanics there are subject to change.
The blinking bravery meter when low is a great idea; we plan to implement that in the near future.

spooky_dj that would be cool if you could revisit a case to complete it kind of like continuing a battle in Deadpool you can go back on the next ball and finish it. That’s really helpful for lower skilled players to progress the game and accomplish things. AIQ for example, Thanos and the dark order just stomp on me 95% of the time and it makes it less enjoyable and is probably why people think it’s so tough. I suspect this game will attract many new, novice, and younger players to pinball and the ability to progress could lure them into the world of pinball! For the kids, or in my case, drunk adults.

#5553 1 year ago

Went to store to buy a kiddie juice and there was one left … Scoobert Doo.

350F0D8B-DAC2-4966-9443-6D09DA18E4D1.jpeg350F0D8B-DAC2-4966-9443-6D09DA18E4D1.jpeg

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even though it was terribly presented with poor quality video and mediocre lighting, the video Spooky released a few days ago was enough for me to be satisfied I would not be stuck with a turd if I brought it in to temp test the flippers driven by The Warden and check out their new power supply fan. So yes, my CE should be here in late spring. Looking forward to playing it.

The quality of that video was pretty poor, the insert lighting was terribly washed out especially. I agree though, it pushed me over the edge to buy a spot, game should be a blast.

#5555 1 year ago

Hello Spooky….I’m curious about the standard edition (particularly the LEDs) especially since it doesn’t say on the standard description that it comes with full color LEDs or full color action button like the other versions. Can someone please explain what type of lighting the Standard will come with…Inserts and GI thanks.

#5556 1 year ago

Same lightning, it would cost them more to have a different lighting system for the lesser models. And the action button is part of the game across all models

Quoted from Wildbill327:

Hello Spooky….I’m curious about the standard edition (particularly the LEDs) especially since it doesn’t say on the standard description that it comes with full color LEDs or full color action button like the other versions. Can someone please explain what type of lighting the Standard will come with…Inserts and GI thanks.

#5557 1 year ago

Ruh roh!

CE number to follow

#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Same lightning, it would cost them more to have a different lighting system for the lesser models. And the action button is part of the game across all models

I’m starting to get the pinball shakes and I’m thinking of bumping up to a CE

#5559 1 year ago

I watched a few minutes of the gameplay video, but then decided that I'd rather enjoy the surprise and figure things out for myself.
Did Spooky give any updates on when first games would be shipping? I thought they originally said they were hoping to start shipping in January (but I could be remembering wrong).

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I watched a few minutes of the gameplay video, but then decided that I'd rather enjoy the surprise and figure things out for myself.
Did Spooky give any updates on when first games would be shipping? I thought they originally said they were hoping to start shipping in January (but I could be remembering wrong).

Said a few week behind

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ruh roh!
CE number to follow

That’s funny, I check nitro now and then to see if anymore sold.. low and behold, it stood at 9 and now it’s 8.

#5562 1 year ago

DO IT

Quoted from Wildbill327:

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

That’s funny, I check nitro now and then to see if anymore sold.. low and behold, it stood at 9 and now it’s 8.

Mom bought one.
4B09CA1C-81DD-45CB-B9DD-5DB17947D939.gif4B09CA1C-81DD-45CB-B9DD-5DB17947D939.gif

Sometimes we just need to treat ourselves lol

#5564 1 year ago

Was anti Scooby....... until I watched the latest gameplay vid. Now, I want it.

#5565 1 year ago

SpookyBug spooky_dj lpeters82 you should consider taking the PF bravery meter and splitting its light show in half during Capt Cutler.... top half of meter (still green) is your bravery meter and bottom half of the meter (now blue) is your Oxygen meter. That way it requires less looking at the screen if needed and can be easily monitored since O2 is crucial. Once that's coded in you could use the bottom half of the light meter for other modes as well, even a timer countdown reference for all modes. The meter seems plenty long to accommodate this.

Lookin good, congrats on a killer lookin game!
Screenshot_20230131_114951_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230131_114951_YouTube (resized).jpg

#5566 1 year ago

Good idea

#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

SpookyBug spooky_dj lpeters82 you should consider taking the PF bravery meter and splitting its light show in half during Capt Cutler.... top half of meter (green) is your bravery meter and bottom half of the meter (blue) is your Oxygen meter. That way it requires less looking at the screen if needed and can be easily monitored since O2 is crucial. Once that's coded in you could use the bottom half of the light meter for other modes as well, even a timer countdown reference for all modes. The meter seems plenty long to accommodate this.
[quoted image]

I just hope the bravery meter isn't obnoxiously bright, like the apron strobes on CCr. People (myself included) are literally putting dark tinted stickers over those.

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Mom bought one.
[quoted image]

That’s hard to watch….

#5569 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

That’s hard to watch….

I agree but I couldn’t not share

#5570 1 year ago

Mom bought one.

4B09CA1C-81DD-45CB-B9DD-5DB17947D939.gif

cant unsee this ? wtf ?

#5571 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The quality of that video was pretty poor, the insert lighting was terribly washed out especially. I agree though, it pushed me over the edge to buy a spot, game should be a blast.

It looks like they're using milky white inserts which SUCK for color vibrance. It just blahs out the color (see:RUSH). I wish they hadn't done that, but it's a pretty small complaint.

#5572 1 year ago

They hid ghosting well, that’s about all I like about those types of inserts. Haha

#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They hid ghosting well, that’s about all I like about those types of inserts. Haha

Hide ghosting in a Scooby Doo pin? Heresy!

Seriously, I understand the choice artistically, but using clear gem inserts with white screened over them might have been a better choice for color vibrancy and distribution.

#5574 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hide ghosting in a Scooby Doo pin? Heresy!
Seriously, I understand the choice artistically, but using clear gem inserts with white screened over them might have been a better choice for color vibrancy and distribution.

I'm sure it looks much better in person than it did in that video.

#5575 1 year ago

Curious to see the ball count…my guess is that at least one multiball has to be up to 5 given that’s the “whole gang”. Also earliest animations they posted had the ball in the hallway chase…wonder what mode that’s from or planned to be in?

I think we are in for some pretty cool surprises as they develop code on this. I’m stoked!!!!

#5576 1 year ago

I found some good socks for SD buyers, Spooky fans in general and if they don't have them already the team at Spooky Pinball themselves.

spooky socks (resized).pngspooky socks (resized).png
#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The video was washed out for sure. Thinking when the steam with Danger it will look much better!!

#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

NEW! Custom Pingulp 3.0 (Thank You Gift)

Are there pics? Is it green?

#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I do videography and photography for my day job and I can tell you it WILL look different in person. Unless they were in a perfectly controlled room with high-end lighting and a VERY high end camera the colors won't look accurate. Look at any other gameplay video of a game you have at home and you will see the colors are just no the same. Add to this the lighting in your home, whether you choose soft/warm/bright and LED/incandescent/florescent all have a MAJOR impact on the overall color temp. You won't know how it REALLY looks (TO YOU) till its in your home.

#5580 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm not. Look how RUSH looks on streams with my colored inserts for the modes. You can see that they're colored, but the milky insert takes away about 40% of the color. So they're ok for lit/unlit, but color transmission is substantially reduced. Not a fan.

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

There are pics. It is not. I was surprised it wasn't mystery machine colored. Just black with groovy spooky-themed mystery machine flowers.

scooby-pingulp (resized).jpgscooby-pingulp (resized).jpg
#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

From the Pinball Awards stream.

2023-01-31_15-19-28 (resized).png2023-01-31_15-19-28 (resized).png2023-01-31_15-20-13 (resized).png2023-01-31_15-20-13 (resized).png
#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The addiction is real.

(but seriously CE or bust on this one)

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Curious to see the ball count…my guess is that at least one multiball has to be up to 5 given that’s the “whole gang”. Also earliest animations they posted had the ball in the hallway chase…wonder what mode that’s from or planned to be in?
I think we are in for some pretty cool surprises as they develop code on this. I’m stoked!!!!

Seems like I heard or read 7 balls somewhere

#5585 1 year ago

Im CE#1102, and invoice is 13832 from spooky. If somebody wants to add me to the list.

#5586 1 year ago

I agree but I couldn’t not share

Your a generous man

#5587 1 year ago

I was back reading this thread and came across the Halloween easter egg part .Well played Spooky , well played indeed

9041F5BA-4176-4990-8B09-1E5D857DFB49 (resized).jpeg9041F5BA-4176-4990-8B09-1E5D857DFB49 (resized).jpeg
#5588 1 year ago

Nitro has some good numbers left! Don’t shoot the messenger…

CE #768

Wootwoot

#5589 1 year ago

Fine, I did it. Changed order from BSE to CE! #1861. Cya next May! Does this mean there are only 100ish left and pretty much everyone purchased CE? Which makes me think I should have stuck with the BSE since it would be rare, haha

#5590 1 year ago

Why not get model you want? Who cares about rare?

Quoted from wastedthelight:

Fine, I did it. Changed order from BSE to CE! #1861. Cya next May! Does this mean there are only 100ish left and pretty much everyone purchased CE? Which makes me think I should have stuck with the BSE since it would be rare, haha

#5591 1 year ago

I think you’re gonna get an updated number now!!

#5592 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I think you’re gonna get an updated number now!!

1969 Oh My!

#5593 1 year ago

Haha, I’m guessing 1861 was his BSE number….?

#5594 1 year ago

Besides, who needs 18 seconds

Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks like they're using milky white inserts which SUCK for color vibrance. It just blahs out the color (see:RUSH). I wish they hadn't done that, but it's a pretty small complaint.

It’s called “majoring in the minors”

Game looks awesome!

#5595 1 year ago

I think the site was updated in the last 24hrs with a bit better info. The funny thing is what you posted first states BSE, but goes on to mix in CE goodies. I think you just didn't title the CE list?
I just wish there were pics of each model outside of just the cabinet. I want to see it without the sculpts, without colored habittrails. That comparison has me on the edge of upgrading to the CE instead.
Still trying to figure out if the "mine entrance" sculpt is the gate on the lower playfield, or the sign on the upper? Some photos/videos didn't include the drop gate. But I think that's considered the castle, not mine?
I think I have a better idea about what some of it is though now. Thanks

I listed the BSE first, then the CE list. For comparison.

#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Haha, I’m guessing 1861 was his BSE number….?

I asked if I'd get a new number now and was told no. Unless there was a misunderstanding, 1861 it is I guess.

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

SpookyBug spooky_dj lpeters82 you should consider taking the PF bravery meter and splitting its light show in half during Capt Cutler.... top half of meter (still green) is your bravery meter and bottom half of the meter (now blue) is your Oxygen meter. That way it requires less looking at the screen if needed and can be easily monitored since O2 is crucial. Once that's coded in you could use the bottom half of the light meter for other modes as well, even a timer countdown reference for all modes. The meter seems plenty long to accommodate this.
[quoted image]

Great idea, and personally, I’d be happy if the bravery meter was just the physical one on the lower right side, I understand that many players want all the data on the LCD, but the team at Spooky put so much thought and work into the bravery meter and I think that copying it on the LCD just takes away it’s uniqueness.

#5598 1 year ago

Has anyone bought Spooky t shirts? Is the quality decent? I want to buy one but hate getting shirts that shrink or aren’t soft.

#5599 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Has anyone bought Spooky t shirts? Is the quality decent? I want to buy one but hate getting shirts that shrink or aren’t soft.

I have a t-shirt and hoodie, both are great quality.

#5600 1 year ago

Any updates when Spooky will start shipping?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/112?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.