20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 130.
#5501 1 year ago

SpookyLuke it looked like the ball got caught up and almost stuck on the upper playfield above the upper right flipper. Did you notice that in the stream? Hoping that if balls get stuck there you can proactively look at it now. I could be wrong but wanted to point it out, thanks.

#5502 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

SpookyLuke it looked like the ball got caught up and almost stuck on the upper playfield above the upper right flipper. Did you notice that in the stream? Hoping that if balls get stuck there you can proactively look at it now. I could be wrong but wanted to point it out, thanks.

I noticed that too. Didn't seem to be a problem after that though, and the ball did go up there.

#5503 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Quoted from JakePG:

I noticed that too. Didn't seem to be a problem after that though, and the ball did go up there.

If you watch closely for the entire stream (even before the ball got stuck), it looks like they knew this is a known issue. They were premetively giving the machine a slight nudge everytime the ball rolled back down along that plastic.

They also did mention this is the prototype game in the stream, so hopefully it is a matter of a slight adjustment to a post or plastic.

#5504 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I had an eye on that myself. Wasn't a big fan. I do know the game was out of level but I wana get one set up nicely and pitched today and see if there is an issue. We didnt have an issue during any of the proto revisions. It's a risky guide geometry wise because it is angled to throw the ball way over to the left flipper.

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:Confused, doesn't sound like you were responding to my comment about sales order vrs delivery order?

I may have grabbed yours in haste. But I wish they would custom manufacture. I wonder how much more per game it would cost to make each pin to order. If it was < $500 it might be worthwhile for them to pursue.

#5506 1 year ago

Awesome job with the rules so far Spooky…SD looks like a cool game. I was wondering if you guys have any plans on utilizing the “Malt Shop” as a place to buy perks/prizes. Maybe like after collecting a specific number of Scooby snacks gives you a shake(or other snacks from the series)which you can trade in at the Malt Shop for cool prizes…like EB’s, ball save, maybe even a perk that slows down your scare meter during modes.

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Awesome job with the rules so far Spooky…SD looks like a cool game. I was wondering if you guys have any plans on utilizing the “Malt Shop” as a place to buy perks/prizes. Maybe like after collecting a specific number of Scooby snacks gives you a shake(or other snacks from the series)which you can trade in at the Malt Shop for cool prizes…like EB’s, ball save, maybe even a perk that slows down your scare meter during modes.

I can confirm that in a future update, Scooby Snacks will be used to unlock a number various of perks / prizes.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What makes the game fun is that it's a standard size playfield in a widebody cabinet

I've heard others state this and I think it confuses people. Both the upper and lower playfield are widebody size - the playable area on the lower playfield is similar to a standard size playfield with the remaining space used for wire form returns overhead.

You can see its a widebody playfield clearly in a pic:

ED735CCB-DC9A-4573-B146-7C11D5996BCA (resized).jpegED735CCB-DC9A-4573-B146-7C11D5996BCA (resized).jpeg

#5509 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I really think that one of those three bank drop targets should have been in place of that weird right side extra sling. Having six drops piled together seems a bit overkill when they’re was another area for a set.

Yes! Would have been great for one bank to be on the right to have a reason to shoot there.

#5510 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

OK, perhaps we are taking the whole acronym thing a bit too far.....

WTHAYTAAIWQOHWRPATBBTADAOCF

(What The Heck Are You Talking About As It Was Quite Obvious He Was Referencing Price After Topper But Before Tax And Delivery And Or Custom Fees)

#5511 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I've heard others state this and I think it confuses people. Both the upper and lower playfield are widebody size - the playable area on the lower playfield is similar to a standard size playfield with the remaining space used for wire form returns overhead.
You can see its a widebody playfield clearly in a pic:
[quoted image]

Are the flipper offset to the right of center? Thanks

#5512 1 year ago

SpookyLuke is there any visual indication when you've successfully solved a case/unmasked? I see the map location becomes colorized but is there any indication on which cases are closed so you can skip replaying them? The bravery meter visualization on the pf is great, really like that you dont have to look up to know how much bravery you have. Noticed during the stream the bravery meter kept getting low and was almost too late to build it back up once the player finally noticed it. Can you set/adjust the timer on the bravery meter? How fast does it drain? Suggestion - maybe have it flash just before it expires to alert the player and give them a few seconds to try to build it back up.

#5513 1 year ago

How do you get your game number? I just ordered mine yesterday, but looking back, I never got one before hand when I ordered TNA. BUT I guess when I bought TNA they had a couple in stock and I drove up there a week after I ordered it. So who knows.

#5514 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Are the flipper offset to the right of center? Thanks

Flipper location is centered the same as any of our standard body games. Same CAD. All I did was add 1.5 inches to the left and 1.5 inches to the right side of playfield. So our lower slings, flippers, posts, and inlanes all feel and look the same as Halloween or any other standard body of ours.

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

SpookyLuke is there any visual indication when you've successfully solved a case/unmasked? I see the map location becomes colorized but is there any indication on which cases are closed so you can skip replaying them? The bravery meter visualization on the pf is great, really like that you dont have to look up to know how much bravery you have. Noticed during the stream the bravery meter kept getting low and was almost too late to build it back up once the player finally noticed it. Can you set/adjust the timer on the bravery meter? How fast does it drain? Suggestion - maybe have it flash just before it expires to alert the player and give them a few seconds to try to build it back up.

At the moment, once you've visited a location/case, whether you pass it or drain out, the corresponding insert in the lower middle of the playfield will stay lit to indicate you've visited it. At the moment, you cannot go back into a case once you've visited it, but the exact mechanics there are subject to change.

The blinking bravery meter when low is a great idea; we plan to implement that in the near future.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

At the moment, once you've visited a location/case, whether you pass it or drain out, the corresponding insert in the lower middle of the playfield will stay lit to indicate you've visited it. At the moment, you cannot go back into a case once you've visited it, but the exact mechanics there are subject to change.
The blinking bravery meter when low is a great idea; we plan to implement that in the near future.

Maybe start the blink off slow when you are getting low and gets faster when you are "critical".

RM

#5517 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Maybe start the blink off slow when you are getting low and gets faster when you are "critical".
RM

Coordinate the blink with the shaker motor pulsing, like in Halloween.

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Coordinate the blink with the shaker motor pulsing, like in Halloween.

Yup and throw in some sounds of your character getting scared! I can hear Scooby’s teeth chattering and Shaggy saying “I’m freaking out man!” already

#5519 1 year ago

I understand spooky offices are only open 4 days is that true for production?

#5520 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I stand corrected but my other points I made(that you left out of the rest of my post) still stand.

I left them out because they speak for themselves; Spooky gives a great deal. Just correcting you on price.

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I understand spooky offices are only open 4 days is that true for production?

For the most part, yes. Our employees work 4 10-hour days, versus the more traditional 5 8-hour days.

#5522 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

For the most part, yes. Our employees work 4 10-hour days, versus the more traditional 5 8-hour days.

Three day weekend would be awesome each week.

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are you hiring?

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are you hiring?

Me first ...

#5525 1 year ago

Thank you Spooky for fixing me up. That stream was awesome. Pin Gulp Awesome. "Song 2 Blur" #96

#5526 1 year ago

Will I get my Scooby faster if you worked 5 10-hours days?

#5527 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Will I get my Scooby faster if you worked 5 10-hours days?

Ya but it would cost more and have more problems.

Happiness VS Productivity/Quality

Hahaha

#5528 1 year ago

Down at Universal with the kiddo today. Came across my 2nd Mystery Machine within a few days.

DC3E6B71-7300-4921-8BD5-09744D9DA0C4 (resized).jpegDC3E6B71-7300-4921-8BD5-09744D9DA0C4 (resized).jpeg

#5529 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Down at Universal with the kiddo today. Came across my 2nd Mystery Machine within a few days.
[quoted image]

Was Mario open to everyone?

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Was Mario open to everyone?

I’m at Uni Orlando. Nintendo is currently only at Uni Hollywood in the States.

#5531 1 year ago

Think I posted before or maybe did not hit send

Where would a number 1080 (I have a CE deposit down) put me for delivery… best estimate?

Thanks

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Where would a number 1080 (I have a CE deposit down) put me for delivery… best estimate?
Thanks

I’m guessing November

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Thanks

Probably around December/January.

#5534 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Wait a minute....his parents didn't name him Meatloaf when he was born?

The first rule is you don't talk about it.

Never forget the brave souls lost in Operation Latte Thunder.

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]

Those painted up econoline vans aren't really even close. Needs to be a Dodge van to be closer to the correct shape.

1966-Dodge_Van_Mystery_Machine (resized).jpg1966-Dodge_Van_Mystery_Machine (resized).jpg
#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Thanks

Really depends on if they get back to 50/wk, which they were supposedly doing last game.

If they start the first full week of Feb (next week) and allowing a ramp up month of 20/wk, then the next month of 30/wk as they refine their process, then two months of 40/wk, and then 50/wk from then on, they'd hit 1080 around the middle of Aug.

#5537 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really depends on if they get back to 50/wk, which they were supposedly doing last game.
If they start the first full week of Feb (next week) and allowing a ramp up month of 20/wk, then the next month of 30/wk as they refine their process, then two months of 40/wk, and then 50/wk from then on, they'd hit 1080 around the middle of Aug.

That’s kind of optimistic to be honest.

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s kind of optimistic to be honest.

Just going off what others have said Spooky's speed was per week on the last titles. Someone said they even exceeded 50/wk, but I just capped it at 50.

If you hold it at 30/wk starting in March (after a month of 20/wk rampup/refinement), that'd put it in Mid October to hit 1080.

This also assumes they're building starting next week. Do we know when they're building starts in earnest?

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just going off what others have said Spooky's speed was per week on the last titles. Someone said they even exceeded 50/wk, but I just capped it at 50.
If you hold it at 30/wk starting in March (after a month of 20/wk rampup/refinement), that'd put it in Mid October to hit 1080.
This also assumes they're building starting next week. Do we know when they're building starts in earnest?

They’re probably secretly laughing at you . The analyzing on pinside is insane sometimes….no direct offense to either party, but, damn……

#5540 1 year ago

They said they have 60 something already built I believe. Even when you look at the photos they’ve been posting. They’re going to be full steam ahead once the kinks are worked out. When they said they did the stream on a prototype I believe it. They are def going to slowly dial in the first machines and once they get moving they will get them out quick.

You’re telling me they aren’t going to do everything in their power to ride this wave on their biggest release yet? No doubt they they will announce a new title going into fall and send out another title by Christmas. At least I hope so.

#5541 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

They’re probably secretly laughing at you . The analyzing on pinside is insane sometimes….no direct offense to either party, but, damn……

People down the list wanna know. Why not use the available information to spitball the rough timeframe for a particular spot?

And I'm no stranger to insane spreadsheeting. Batman '66 SLE update frequency and Gomez's broken promises charted. But sometimes it works out. I just did an average lonnie update frequency based on his past recent games and predicted a Bond update last week....which happened.

#5542 1 year ago

The more I read the more I'm getting confused on what I just pre-ordered with the BSE. Is the animated Scooby in a barrel part of all versions? The van has to be, right? What themed characters/accessories are in the BSE? I'm not understanding what is considered "sculpts".

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

The more I read the more I'm getting confused on what I just pre-ordered with the BSE. Is the animated Scooby in a barrel part of all versions? The van has to be, right? What themed characters/accessories are in the BSE? I'm not understanding what is considered "sculpts".

I believe the Mystery Machine van and Scooby in a Barrel are common to the BSE and CE.

Blood Sucker has none of the "action figure" type characters, and nope, no "thank you" themed pingulp, either. (I'd just pay the extra for a CE, you're only $1k away, and you'll get the machine faster, too, since BSE's are built after CEs and almost all machines are going to be CEs.)

The Blood Sucker Edition is our middle tier package and will be built after all Collector's Editions.

BLOOD SUCKER EDITION
----------------------------
Mystery Machine Exterior Art Package
Real Backglass
Metallic Flake Powder Coat Exterior Package - Legs, Armor, Hinges, Apron, and Coin Door
Flipper Button Protector Armor
Custom Laser Cut Speaker Grills
Lighted Speaker Grills
Full Color LEDs
Full Color Action Button
Metallic Flake Powder Coat Habitrails
Clear Plastic Protectors
Interior Graphics
Target Decals
Knocker Kit
Shaker Kit
Coin Box
Numbered Plaque

COLLECTOR'S EDITION
----------------------------
Exclusive Exterior Art Package by Matt Frank & Jeff Zornow
Real Backglass
Exclusive Villain Topper
Ghoulish Green Powder Coat Exterior Package - Legs, Armor, Hinges, Apron, and Coin Door
Custom Laser Cut “Creeper” Armor
Custom Laser Cut “Zombie & Scooby Chase” Speaker Grills
Lighted Speaker Grills
Custom Scooby Dog Tag Launch Button
Sculpt - Charlie the Robot
Sculpt - Miner 49er Minecart
Sculpt - Scooby Doo Minecart
Sculpt - Black Knight
Sculpt - Gold Mine Entrance
Sign - Abandoned Airfield
Full Color LEDs
Full Color Action Button
Full Color Flipper Buttons
Color Coated Habitrails (Matching the 5-Members of Mystery Inc.)
Ghoulish Green Plastic Protectors
Interior Graphics
Target Decals
Knocker Kit
Shaker Kit
Coin Box
Numbered Plaque
NEW! Custom Pingulp 3.0 (Thank You Gift)

#5544 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

The feature matrix shows the extra sculpts you get with the CE, every version should have the Scooby/barrel and van.

4b63fe84f3af6c3baf2cd3ec2ba1c48935345dad (resized).jpg4b63fe84f3af6c3baf2cd3ec2ba1c48935345dad (resized).jpg
#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I believe the Mystery Machine van and Scooby in a Barrel are common to the BSE and CE.
Blood Sucker has none of the "action figure" type characters, and nope, no "thank you" themed pingulp, either. (I'd just pay the extra for a CE, you're only $1k away, and you'll get the machine faster, too, since BSE's are built after CEs and almost all machines are going to be CEs.)
The Blood Sucker Edition is our middle tier package and will be built after all Collector's Editions.
Mystery Machine Exterior Art Package
Real Backglass
Metallic Flake Powder Coat Exterior Package - Legs, Armor, Hinges, Apron, and Coin Door
Flipper Button Protector Armor
Custom Laser Cut Speaker Grills
Lighted Speaker Grills
Full Color LEDs
Full Color Action Button
Metallic Flake Powder Coat Habitrails
Clear Plastic Protectors
Interior Graphics
Target Decals
Knocker Kit
Shaker Kit
Coin Box
Numbered Plaque
Exclusive Exterior Art Package by Matt Frank & Jeff Zornow
Real Backglass
Exclusive Villain Topper
Ghoulish Green Powder Coat Exterior Package - Legs, Armor, Hinges, Apron, and Coin Door
Custom Laser Cut “Creeper” Armor
Custom Laser Cut “Zombie & Scooby Chase” Speaker Grills
Lighted Speaker Grills
Custom Scooby Dog Tag Launch Button
Sculpt - Charlie the Robot
Sculpt - Miner 49er Minecart
Sculpt - Scooby Doo Minecart
Sculpt - Black Knight
Sculpt - Gold Mine Entrance
Sign - Abandoned Airfield
Full Color LEDs
Full Color Action Button
Full Color Flipper Buttons
Color Coated Habitrails (Matching the 5-Members of Mystery Inc.)
Ghoulish Green Plastic Protectors
Interior Graphics
Target Decals
Knocker Kit
Shaker Kit
Coin Box
Numbered Plaque
NEW! Custom Pingulp 3.0 (Thank You Gift)

Shit…
You should market for spooky! They would all be sold by now! Nothing personal…just seeing what I’m reading…

#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Shit…
You should market for spooky! They would all be sold by now! Nothing personal…just seeing what I’m reading…

I would hope they'd want a marketing manager that had skills beyond a simple cut and paste from the Spooky website.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would hope they'd want a marketing manager that had skills beyond a simple cut and paste from the Spooky website.

You’re sense of humor is beyond a lot of folks here. You’re alright!

#5548 1 year ago

Did you order one?

#5549 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Did you order one?

Even though it was terribly presented with poor quality video and mediocre lighting, the video Spooky released a few days ago was enough for me to be satisfied I would not be stuck with a turd if I brought it in to temp test the flippers driven by The Warden and check out their new power supply fan. So yes, my CE should be here in late spring. Looking forward to playing it.

#5550 1 year ago

If I wasn't looking for work I'd be picking one of these up new, now I'll just have to wait for a second hand one.
Great job Spooky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 29.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/111?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.