20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 130.
#5451 1 year ago

Ummm, the numbers game. Imagine all distros and Spooky coridinating on the same second…it’s just not possible. Let’s be a little understanding.

#5452 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After processing the stream some more I have one piece of feedback on the early code if Spooky is looking for that kind of thing:
I found the mode intros a little overly long and slow. I know Spooky said you can double flip to skip them, which is fine, but if I owned the game I could see myself skipping them all the time because of how long you have to sit and wait, often while the LCD is just showing a few seconds of an environmental setup shot or something that's not really 'earning' all that screen time, play attention, and a halt to play.
I would personally rather they were shorter, and snappier, more just the essential cool bits, and not so long and atmospheric. That way it would feel good to let them play out all the time, instead of feeling like you always wanted to skip the flavor to get on with it because they drag a bit.
Just for example, I timed the start of the Swamp Witch Zombie mode (go to 8 minutes in on the video, starts after the ball lock) from animation beginning to when the ball was kicked back out, and it's 18 seconds, which feels like a lot in Pinball Time™. If I'm playing all night I'm going to get impatient waiting that long for every mode I start.
They're cool! I love seeing the scenes, a lot. But if it was possible to edit them to be a *little* more dynamic I think people would watch them more often, instead of only when showing off to new players. Just my personal thoughts though. And maybe there are limits on what editing is allowed.
[quoted image]

They could also make a setting in the menus for extended mode intros on/off. That way if you're an intro skipper you don't have to do that. You just get a 2 second establishing shot and the mode starts if the extended mode intros are set to off.

#5453 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I do video production for my job and spend a LOT of time trying to determine what Foley people call a certain sound. It's always something crazy like ZingleCrash001.mp3 but sounds like an old TV turning off.

Having search ability on a hollywood edge/sound ideas database is very helpful for this. I have about 150k effects and can usually find that kind of thing using plain text that gives me a list of suspects to listen to.

#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is there a benefit to ordering directly from Spooky vs a dealer?

No transfer fee if you sell your spot. Some dealers charge for that.

#5455 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Poor Velma is having a rough month, first the terrible new series that has been universally hated, and now spooky leaves her out of the first stream.

hahaha. Velma leaves her mark.

#5456 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same sort of deal, they get tiring when you own the game and don't constantly need to be told to shoot a ramp.
Maybe this is my get off my lawn moment.

I thing it might be.

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The guys are really clever with these! Several cool attract mode things and other Easter eggs scattered about the game. I don't want to totally spoil things so wait and see!

Put something scary in for one of them. I LOVE watching kids playing around with the buttons on machines and getting a fright, then going to tell their friends about this cool thing the machine does when you press a button, then having it do nothing when they try to show them because it's timed before it can repeat. AfMr with the topper and the sound was GREAT for this.

AfM Scares Kid.gifAfM Scares Kid.gif

#5458 1 year ago

CE #320

Cant Wait

#5459 1 year ago

We need spooky to do good considering the other companies like JJP and STERN and raping us with their high prices unfortunately

#5460 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

We need spooky to do good considering the other companies like JJP and STERN and raping us with their high prices unfortunately

But isn't that on brand for a classic Bond theme?

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lowest spooky price is 7800.

#5462 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lowest spooky price is 7800.

And Spooky’s prices didn’t go up though. Look how much Sterns prices have. Premiums are near $10k now and Spookys CE is near $10k but you are getting an equivalent to an LE but more. Real knocker,topper, amplifier, and a 10” subwoofer. And a Spooky CE is way cheaper than a Stern LE.

#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

And Spooky’s prices didn’t go up though.

The CEs went up $800.

#5464 1 year ago

Spooky are great people; they love pinball and put their heart and souls into their machines and they are still giving us a full collectors edition for under 10 k; I for one appreciate what they do for pinball; charley and kt took a big risk starting this up several years ago; and I give them both max respect for taking the big chance that they did and making this a family business and making all the recent changes to make their product even better.
Mad love guys and all us pinheads greatly appreciate the entire team at spooky

#5465 1 year ago

A Stern Pro is a solid deal when you consider the code depth of pins like GZ, JP or Rush. But yeah, Scooby-Doo is a full funderful package without the nut-punch sticker shock of some other titles (that actually offer less - TS4, Bond SLE). Good for Spooky.

#5466 1 year ago

Bit the bullet, ordered the Blood Sucker edition! I REALLY wish they'd get some photos of the different editions up. Also would have been nice to see a more clear list with photos of the features each model has. I'm most curious if the "mine entrance" on the CE is just the draw gate, or the entire brick wall. I'm hoping just the gate. Had the CE used The Mystery Machine graphics, I might have went that route. Either way....my first NIB. Just got into pinball in October! Going from 1979 Williams Flash to to 2023 Scooby Doo!

#5467 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Bit the bullet, ordered the Blood Sucker edition! I REALLY wish they'd get some photos of the different editions up. Also would have been nice to see a more clear list with photos of the features each model has. I'm most curious if the "mine entrance" on the CE is just the draw gate, or the entire brick wall. I'm hoping just the gate. Had the CE used The Mystery Machine graphics, I might have went that route. Either way....my first NIB. Just got into pinball in October! Going from 1979 Williams Flash to to 2023 Scooby Doo!

I wonder if spooky would do that for you. Done be shy to email Morgan and ask. You would have a unique CE. Since all games are built “to order” as far as cabinet goes (because of the butter option, and the fact that each person gets asked individually) it shouldnt be that big of an effort on their part. Not many would ask for that so it shouldn’t start meddling with their line.

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They could also make a setting in the menus for extended mode intros on/off. That way if you're an intro skipper you don't have to do that. You just get a 2 second establishing shot and the mode starts if the extended mode intros are set to off.

I never thought I would hear people complain there is too much content , especially when you can skip it .
Talk about not being able to please all the people all the time

#5469 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I never thought I would hear people complain there is too much content , especially when you can skip it .

Interactive content is one thing. Content you just watch each time you reach a certain spot is not the same and will get old fast. 18 seconds is an ice age in pinball. Skipping is ok, having a menu option to turn off extended intros ALSO is even better, especially for a home environment.

#5470 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Skipping is ok, having a menu option to turn off extended intros ALSO is even better, especially for a home environment.

It really doesn't take much effort to press both Flippers at once , especially since you fingers are already on the buttons

#5471 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It really doesn't take much effort to press both Flippers at once , especially since you fingers are already on the buttons

Doesn't bother me, but if you can offer an option that will satisfy even more people, why not do it. It would be trivial to do in software. Look at the crazy list of settings options on a JJP game menu...

#5472 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doesn't bother me, but if you can offer an option that will satisfy even more people, why not do it. It would be trivial to do in software. Look at the crazy list of settings options on a JJP game menu...

I get what you're saying but they'll still have to have a little bit of an intro , they couldn't totally skip it all together . I think as soon as you start to see the mode intro hit the flippers to skip it , would be a lot quicker .

#5473 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The CEs went up $800.

I stand corrected but my other points I made(that you left out of the rest of my post) still stand. Spooky gives you way more in a CE at sterns premium cost, and gives you more than Sterns LE’s priced at $13k

#5474 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The CEs went up $800.

They had to pay for that pin gulp somehow

just kidding, just kidding

$800 in a drop in the bucket compared to 13k and 15k for LEs and CEs from Stern and JJP. I appreciate Spooky for what they do and the connection they have with the collectors.

#5475 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I appreciate Spooky for what they do and the connection they have with the collectors.

Hats off to Spooky for listening and trying to give everything people have asked for at a reasonable price point .

#5476 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mine was more of a resource/dev cost. Those things could be diverted elsewhere.

#5477 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ummm, the numbers game. Imagine all distros and Spooky coridinating on the same second…it’s just not possible. Let’s be a little understanding.

In the current cloud computing environment with online ordering systems it is in fact absolutely possible. There may be other reasons they are not doing it this way but it's not a complex problem to solve. At the bare minimum all the ordering could simply be ranked by order completion/submission time within the Spooky ordering system. This might not give a specific dist a preference but event that can be handled through hourly/daily/(pick your interval) ranking of orders using distributor as a filter and assigning an order # etc.. These are all handled by simple database queries, it's not rocket science.

If distributors are handling their orders via email and spreadsheet then that's the problem that needs fixed.

I'm aware that Spooky's online ordering had issues so that needs solved as well but there is no reason that this isn't a solvable problem. One which I agree should be looked into for future orders.

#5478 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Some people don’t want Scrappy, I thought a funny Scrappy call out like 1 second drain after ball save would be funny. But the masses want less.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I stand corrected but my other points I made(that you left out of the rest of my post) still stand. Spooky gives you way more in a CE at sterns premium cost, and gives you more than Sterns LE’s priced at $13k

Stern LE’s are priced at $14k ATBTWDNC (After Topper Before Tax Without Delivery No Customs). So that’s probably the figure you want to reference.

Spooky installs an “Exclusive” topper on their CE, while Stern makes you buy one. Stern won’t give it to you for years and you won’t know if it’ll be priced at $700 or $2k. But if you are still in the hobby, congrats on scoring a topper!

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

ATBTWDNC (After Topper Before Tax Without Delivery No Customs).

OK, perhaps we are taking the whole acronym thing a bit too far.....

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

In the current cloud computing environment with online ordering systems it is in fact absolutely possible. There may be other reasons they are not doing it this way but it's not a complex problem to solve. At the bare minimum all the ordering could simply be ranked by order completion/submission time within the Spooky ordering system. This might not give a specific dist a preference but event that can be handled through hourly/daily/(pick your interval) ranking of orders using distributor as a filter and assigning an order # etc.. These are all handled by simple database queries, it's not rocket science.
If distributors are handling their orders via email and spreadsheet then that's the problem that needs fixed.
I'm aware that Spooky's online ordering had issues so that needs solved as well but there is no reason that this isn't a solvable problem. One which I agree should be looked into for future orders.

Spooky offers 3 models of Scooby Doo and an option for butter cabinet. Differences are documented, but they do not offer ala cart. So they cannot build a CE trim level pin with SE cabinet art This isn’t Burger King. Spooky will do anything to sell you a game, but they won’t do that.

I agree they could and should be building your specific game and that is how the game is :
identified with #, sold, made and delivered. It is always going to you, so why not let me customize the game ala cart? Doesn’t seem hard to do, but pinball is hard. It would be an advantage to offering custom machines for 1/2 price of a Hyundai.

#5482 1 year ago

SpookyLuke or SpookyBug

I have seen some Distros still advertising spaces available in their order blocks. If these are not filled, is spooky going to still build all the games in numerical order, or will the unfilled numbers be skipped?

#5483 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah man they just look so lame to me. THat's just a normal black one...once they start getting "customized" they look like air brushed shits at a mall kiosk.

Couldn't disagree with you more. That's the beauty of pinball!

#5484 1 year ago

Spooky will do anything to sell you a game, but they won’t do that.

Meatloaf confirmed as next Spooky theme

#5485 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I have seen some Distros still advertising spaces available in their order blocks. If these are not filled, is spooky going to still build all the games in numerical order, or will the unfilled numbers be skipped?

I assume They will build and ship to the distro who has bought them.

#5486 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Meatloaf confirmed as next Spooky theme

His name was Robert Paulsen.

#5487 1 year ago
Quoted from suave84:

His name was Robert Pulson

Wait a minute....his parents didn't name him Meatloaf when he was born?

#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

I would agree - I waited a long time to even find out my number (CE # 1080) and I believe I was that evening or following morning on line - I certainly was not first few hours… but was weird to hear lower numbers for a few weeks after. Does anyone care to guess what my delivery date migjt be? Thanks

Check out this post for delivery date estimates.

Quoted from Morinack:

I built a delivery projection spreadsheet.
I built something similar for UM/HWN (which was harder with a dual build).
The spreadsheet will need to be updated with actual build rates and ship dates.
Once things start shipping it might get dialed in a bit.
This is just for fun and is an estimated projection to add some hype.
Please do not harass Spooky if the dates don't match.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QT6pLWCz6zfD6O60faflVdOORvC-GGtWVXo8sjQlzZ4/edit#gid=0
BD
Edit: Let me know if you can change the numbers in the green boxes. I locked down some of the other fields.
Also LMK if any issues.

#5489 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

It would then be possible for someone that never pre-ordered to jump the line.

#5490 1 year ago

Maybe this has been discussed but seems the very right of the playfield is not fully utilized .. I guess it’s for the bravery meter .

#5491 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Maybe this has been discussed but seems the very right of the playfield is not fully utilized .. I guess it’s for the bravery meter .

I read that the upper playfield is the full wide body width and fully utilized and is one reason for the wide body cab

#5492 1 year ago

I may have missed it, but would be great if each case offered a unique perk on completion/unmasking. That would add a level of strategy to choosing cases and locking them in.

#5493 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I may have missed it, but would be great if each case offered a unique perk on completion/unmasking. That would add a level of strategy to choosing cases and locking them in.

That's a good idea.

RM

#5494 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yup. And also with 5 habitrails I think it could feel crowded and visibility could be an issue if it was a standard. Also the upper PF like Green-Machine said.

#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put something scary in for one of them. I LOVE watching kids playing around with the buttons on machines and getting a fright, then going to tell their friends about this cool thing the machine does when you press a button, then having it do nothing when they try to show them because it's timed before it can repeat. AfMr with the topper and the sound was GREAT for this.
[quoted image]

The space kook laugh would be perfect!!!

#5496 1 year ago

Spooky offers 3 models of Scooby Doo and an option for butter cabinet. Differences are documented, but they do not offer ala cart. So they cannot build a CE trim level pin with SE cabinet art This isn’t Burger King. Spooky will do anything to sell you a game, but they won’t do that.
I agree they could and should be building your specific game and that is how the game is :
identified with #, sold, made and delivered. It is always going to you, so why not let me customize the game ala cart? Doesn’t seem hard to do, but pinball is hard. It would be an advantage to offering custom machines for 1/2 price of a Hyundai.

Confused, doesn't sound like you were responding to my comment about sales order vrs delivery order?

#5497 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Quoted from La4s:

It would then be possible for someone that never pre-ordered to jump the line.

Both good points that didn't immediately come to mind. I.e. that the distributors had agreed to purchase said machines and they are simply going to hold them in inventory and sell them. Cars on the lot so to speak. Not that I like the way car's are sold but that is the nature of the way that process is handled.

#5498 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I read that the upper playfield is the full wide body width and fully utilized and is one reason for the wide body cab

Still, I think that's a missed opportunity on the game. While I get the bravery meter, that's a LOT of real estate to chew up for that feature.

#5499 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

Still, I think that's a missed opportunity on the game. While I get the bravery meter, that's a LOT of real estate to chew up for that feature.

It's intentional to have that space occupied and not used in playfield geometry as it would make it play slow and floaty like a traditional widebody game. What makes the game fun is that it's a standard size playfield in a widebody cabinet and plays fast. There is a slingshot kicker on the right side of the playfield that adds some side to side action on the game.

#5500 1 year ago

I really think that one of those three bank drop targets should have been in place of that weird right side extra sling. Having six drops piled together seems a bit overkill when they’re was another area for a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/110?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.