20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 130.
#5401 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We purchased a lot of SFX for this game and it was a bit overwhelming. We had to learn the difference between our boings, boinks, and borks from your zips, zonks, and zooms.

I do video production for my job and spend a LOT of time trying to determine what Foley people call a certain sound. It's always something crazy like ZingleCrash001.mp3 but sounds like an old TV turning off.

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I found the mode intros a little overly long and slow. I know Spooky said you can double flip to skip them, which is fine, but if I owned the game I could see myself skipping them all the time because of how long you have to sit and wait, often while the LCD is just showing a few seconds of an environmental setup shot or something that's not really 'earning' all that screen time, play attention, and a halt to play.
I would personally rather they were shorter, and snappier, more just the essential cool bits, and not so long and atmospheric. That way it would feel good to let them play out all the time, instead of feeling like you always wanted to skip the flavor to get on with it because they drag a bit.
Just for example, I timed the start of the Swamp Witch Zombie mode (go to 8 minutes in on the video, starts after the ball lock) from animation beginning to when the ball was kicked back out, and it's 18 seconds, which feels like a lot in Pinball Time™. If I'm playing all night I'm going to get impatient waiting that long for every mode I start.
They're cool! I love seeing the scenes, a lot. But if it was possible to edit them to be a *little* more dynamic I think people would watch them more often, instead of only when showing off to new players. Just my personal thoughts though. And maybe there are limits on what editing is allowed.
[quoted image]

You must not be a drinker

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If you need 18 seconds to take a drink even I think you have issues

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you need 18 seconds to take a drink even I think you have issues

Maybe he is savoring the flavor of his bourbon

#5405 1 year ago

Is there a benefit to ordering directly from Spooky vs a dealer?

#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Not really. Not this late.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Ordering from Spooky will likely net you an earlier build number. I am certain that it isn’t this dramatic now, but I am #712 ordering in the first 60 seconds from a distributor vs others here ordering in the first 60 seconds from Spooky with numbers sub-#100. I would recommend calling Spooky, and a few distros and asking where you would fall. That is really the primary difference. You will have another advocate going with a distro if any issues arise. Although, issues with a Spooky really won’t be an issue no matter where you purchase. Spooky service is renowned.

#5408 1 year ago

I’m loving everything about what I seen on the gameplay reveal except one thing. The captain cutler multi ball song. Me personally, it did not fit well with the immersion of the game.

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I would check with Spooky and distributors to see what the sales tax situation is for your state. Besides spot # that is probably the other big thing that could make a difference.

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Ordering from Spooky will likely net you an earlier build number. I am certain that it isn’t this dramatic now, but I am #712 ordering in the first 60 seconds from a distributor vs others here ordering in the first 60 seconds from Spooky with numbers sub-#100. I would recommend calling Spooky, and a few distros and asking where you would fall. That is really the primary difference. You will have another advocate going with a distro if any issues arise. Although, issues with a Spooky really won’t be an issue no matter where you purchase. Spooky service is renowned.

A friend and I ordered from Nitro's page within a couple of mintues of Day1 kick-off, for both Halloween and Scooby and am ridiculously low#. HWCE#142 and SCCE#145. Numbers are grouped up and allotted to dealers. So it is anyone's guess but we are within a few count of each of our HW and SD, just sharing.

#5411 1 year ago

I wonder if spooky found a way to integrate the "chase" theme song into the game. I'm watching season 1-2 right now and there's always a chase sequence with the same iconic song playing, usually they end up hiding in something absurd. Maybe it could be an hurry up sequence where you have to send the ball into the correct place, ex: the apron d*cks.

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

There are no pingulps on my games, put it that way.

#5413 1 year ago

I loved the animations. I doubt they would ever get old, but forwarding through them is easy and nice.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are no pingulps on my games, put it that way.

Mine either. Hence the need for the 18 seconds. It's like a mini mode, find your drink, take a drink, get back before the ball is back in play.

Congrats to all the SDCe owners who get the free pingulp!

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are no pingulps on my games, put it that way

I don't drink alcohol and still have pingulps on all my games. I usually keep the keys in the bottom of the cup and sometimes put my water or soda there.

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I don't drink alcohol and still have pingulps on all my games. I usually keep the keys in the bottom of the cup and sometimes put my water or soda there.

It is also a very convenient place for the balls or tools when working under the playfield.

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Glad you are enjoying them. I hope they provide a sense of nostalgia. I never expected to be learning the different names for all those sounds from old cartoons. We purchased a lot of SFX for this game and it was a bit overwhelming. We had to learn the difference between our boings, boinks, and borks from your zips, zonks, and zooms.

They were well worth buying and spending the money on, they really add a lot to the audio immersion, every little switch triggers a different sound, amazing attention to detail and such a small thing as a little random sound but it makes a huge impact on the immersion.

#5418 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend and I ordered from Nitro's page within a couple of mintues of Day1 kick-off, for both Halloween and Scooby and am ridiculously low#. HWCE#142 and SCCE#145. Numbers are grouped up and allotted to dealers. So it is anyone's guess but we are within a few count of each of our HW and SD, just sharing.

i did as well and am CE#142.

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After processing the stream some more I have one piece of feedback on the early code if Spooky is looking for that kind of thing:
I found the mode intros a little overly long and slow. I know Spooky said you can double flip to skip them, which is fine, but if I owned the game I could see myself skipping them all the time because of how long you have to sit and wait, often while the LCD is just showing a few seconds of an environmental setup shot or something that's not really 'earning' all that screen time, play attention, and a halt to play.
I would personally rather they were shorter, and snappier, more just the essential cool bits, and not so long and atmospheric. That way it would feel good to let them play out all the time, instead of feeling like you always wanted to skip the flavor to get on with it because they drag a bit.
Just for example, I timed the start of the Swamp Witch Zombie mode (go to 8 minutes in on the video, starts after the ball lock) from animation beginning to when the ball was kicked back out, and it's 18 seconds, which feels like a lot in Pinball Time™. If I'm playing all night I'm going to get impatient waiting that long for every mode I start.
They're cool! I love seeing the scenes, a lot. But if it was possible to edit them to be a *little* more dynamic I think people would watch them more often, instead of only when showing off to new players. Just my personal thoughts though. And maybe there are limits on what editing is allowed.
[quoted image]

i like the long video cuts outs, i hope this makes it to the final cut.

#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i like the long video cuts outs, i hope this makes it to the final cut.

Hey to each their own. My guess is they won't change it, so you'll be happy, just offering some hopefully constructive feedback.

My personal pinball LCD philosophy is they're most effective as high-rez DMDs. I love the map screen on Scooby-Doo, really classy looking, and a great use of the higher resolution and size the screen offers.

The little short clips of Scooby and Shaggy etc look great.

I just am not a fan of when games go into 'laserdisc player' mode and play back an overly long unedited clip instead of something that fits the pace of pinball better. DMD games, even ones with movie clips like Tron, always kept things flowing. I played The Mandalorian for the first time the other night and I had the same issue, just felt like the scene playbacks were more about showing the whole scene than fitting the play rhythm.

#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just am not a fan of when games go into 'laserdisc player' mode and play back an overly long unedited clip instead of something that fits the pace of pinball better

They add the double flipper skip specifically for people who don't want to watch the clips. Seems like a good solution to me.

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i did as well and am CE#142.

So you got the 142!

Congrats! I had hoped to match it to my HWCE but no can do, it's all based on order placement. Did you opt for butter? I passed with the new pricing now, it's beyond reasonable (to me) now.

We're looking forward playing it, especially after the stream.

#5423 1 year ago

Wow looks awesome!!!

Are the main flippers centered on the playfield?

#5424 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

They add the double flipper skip specifically for people who don't want to watch the clips. Seems like a good solution to me.

I understand that, but I'd prefer games that I could enjoy without feeling like I'm always just skipping, because the idea of the clips is great. Anyways, I said my piece, not going to keep beating the horse. If people feel otherwise that's totally okay. I don't like plenty of other modern pinball trends either, like overly talking instruction callouts. Same sort of deal, they get tiring when you own the game and don't constantly need to be told to shoot a ramp.

Maybe this is my get off my lawn moment.

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I loved the animations. I doubt they would ever get old, but forwarding through them is easy and nice.

They do on all games. You watch them for a few games and then after that you click though them pretty much every time. I pointed this out in the R&M thread. Non pin people don't even watch them, they just immediately start hammering the flippers. Most people do not like long waits in game play. I think creators should start thinking about leaving the longer ball waits/animations for multiball rather than within normal play. There's a period of exploring possibilities with animation/screens that we are going through right now, but at the end of the day it is fluff to the game play and most people won't care about it after they've seen them a few times.

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe this is my get off my lawn moment.

LOL... Awesome.

#5427 1 year ago

that's about right

#5428 1 year ago

10k views within the first 24 hours

#5429 1 year ago

SF fans say darn refs.

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

SF fans say darn refs.

Wrong thread

#5431 1 year ago

sorry

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did you guys see the part at 1:10 where he taps in a flipper code to unlock Scrappy?

Code VOMIT

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

So you got the 142!
Congrats! I had hoped to match it to my HWCE but no can do, it's all based on order placement. Did you opt for butter? I passed with the new pricing now, it's beyond reasonable (to me) now.
We're looking forward playing it, especially after the stream.

I think I’m going to pass on butter, with exchange close to 2k , I’m sure it looks great , I don’t feel any value there for 2k to me. I would rather keep that 2k for a “next release”

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey to each their own. My guess is they won't change it, so you'll be happy, just offering some hopefully constructive feedback.
My personal pinball LCD philosophy is they're most effective as high-rez DMDs. I love the map screen on Scooby-Doo, really classy looking, and a great use of the higher resolution and size the screen offers.
The little short clips of Scooby and Shaggy etc look great.
I just am not a fan of when games go into 'laserdisc player' mode and play back an overly long unedited clip instead of something that fits the pace of pinball better. DMD games, even ones with movie clips like Tron, always kept things flowing. I played The Mandalorian for the first time the other night and I had the same issue, just felt like the scene playbacks were more about showing the whole scene than fitting the play rhythm.

All good! I would enjoy a space ace where you play through a mode then it does cut to the laser disk scene from the original game. stern made a laser disk game called cliff hanger that was the best of all of the laser disk era. I would love a space ace or cliff hanger pin.

#5435 1 year ago

Is the Capt Cutler song the song I heard that sounded like a weird Al song?

#5436 1 year ago

As an authorized spooky distributor we have about 10 spots left between 600 and 700 (I can find out exactly what number they are tomorrow.

[email protected]

#5437 1 year ago

Watching the new stream a second time now with my kids…congrats spooky, you have made something special!

#5438 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is the Capt Cutler song the song I heard that sounded like a weird Al song?

Yes. The captain cutler multi ball song sounds very different than the others.

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Yes. The captain cutler multi ball song sounds very different than the others.

I think it sounds fine...cheesy/corny, etc....but decently feels like it fits the theme. Its nice to have some variety....like in Godzilla having Blue oyster cult come in is a nice change of pace.

#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

As an authorized spooky distributor we have about 10 spots left between 600 and 700 (I can find out exactly what number they are tomorrow.
[email protected]

Hopefully this doesn't come across as bitching at you, not directed at you and not your fault as a distributor - good luck with selling your available spots. I paid within 4 minutes of opening with a larger distributor and have a line spot north of 800.

Spooky - hopefully in the future this can be smoothed out; it would seem to make sense that only confirmed customer orders should be given line priority first and then unsold spots can be distributed amongst Spooky and distributors after day 1. I'm sure it can be difficult to verify if a distributor has a confirmed customer order or is just trying to secure some stock. Just disappointed that a paying customer 4 minutes into the opening has to wait a couple weeks or even months longer than a customer who hasn't even committed yet...but I get it, "all good things come to those that wait", "patience is a virtue", yada, yada, yada. Just excited to get the game

#5441 1 year ago

SpookyLuke Are there any cool callouts in attract mode? Can you share any info regarding attract mode music? Maybe the theme can randomly go off once in a blue moon just so it doesn’t get annoying on a regular basis? It’s about a minute long, that would be neat in my book.

#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

SpookyLuke Are there any cool callouts in attract mode? Can you share any info regarding attract mode music? Maybe the theme can randomly go off once in a blue moon just so it doesn’t get annoying on a regular basis? It’s about a minute long, that would be neat in my book.

Good question, I love attract mode sounds (especially when my kids start pressing random flippers and a loud call-out scares them haha) having the full “scooby doo where are you?” Intro on the lcd along with the audio within the attract mode would be amazing!

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Hopefully this doesn't come across as bitching at you, not directed at you and not your fault as a distributor - good luck with selling your available spots. I paid within 4 minutes of opening with a larger distributor and have a line spot north of 800.
Spooky - hopefully in the future this can be smoothed out; it would seem to make sense that only confirmed customer orders should be given line priority first and then unsold spots can be distributed amongst Spooky and distributors after day 1. I'm sure it can be difficult to verify if a distributor has a confirmed customer order or is just trying to secure some stock. Just disappointed that a paying customer 4 minutes into the opening has to wait a couple weeks or even months longer than a customer who hasn't even committed yet...but I get it, "all good things come to those that wait", "patience is a virtue", yada, yada, yada. Just excited to get the game

I’m right there with you… ordered and paid in first 3 minutes. #838.

Certainly not angry or anything…. But it does seem a bit odd someone can order nearly 2 months after I did and be potentially 150-200 spots ahead of me. I think it needs looked at.

Regardless, Im so stoked after watching the video the other night. Cant wait to see the Deadflip stream and soon to be happening owner vids.

Blessed to be a position to afford these things.

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

The guys are really clever with these! Several cool attract mode things and other Easter eggs scattered about the game. I don't want to totally spoil things so wait and see!

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I think I’m going to pass on butter, with exchange close to 2k , I’m sure it looks great , I don’t feel any value there for 2k to me.....

It wouldn't be worth it @ 1K

#5446 1 year ago

I like to drink and have no pingulps. Just move the wooden stool from game to game

#5447 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like to drink and have no pingulps. Just move the wooden stool from game to game

Yeah man they just look so lame to me. THat's just a normal black one...once they start getting "customized" they look like air brushed shits at a mall kiosk.

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It wouldn't be worth it @ 1K

At $1K USD that was $1500 CDN and we added butter to both ACNC CE and HW CE and they are gorgeous but not for SD this time. Those days are gone at $1500 USD ($2000 CDN).

#5449 1 year ago

Does anyone have an idea what machine number have they sold through now? I am curious as I have a spot to sell (1044).

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I’m right there with you… ordered and paid in first 3 minutes. #838.
Certainly not angry or anything…. But it does seem a bit odd someone can order nearly 2 months after I did and be potentially 150-200 spots ahead of me. I think it needs looked at.
Regardless, Im so stoked after watching the video the other night. Cant wait to see the Deadflip stream and soon to be happening owner vids.
Blessed to be a position to afford these things.

I would agree - I waited a long time to even find out my number (CE # 1080) and I believe I was that evening or following morning on line - I certainly was not first few hours… but was weird to hear lower numbers for a few weeks after. Does anyone care to guess what my delivery date migjt be? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.