20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 130.
#5301 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Odd - because the first feeling I had was "damn - bug is good." My ball times will pale in comparison.

may be he's good anyway (lol)
but its more that the game is not punishing you (think about TWD)
here, only very few balls/trajectories leaning to the sides
and that "save target" in the middle of the pins is also helping more than a lot

but ok, as said above, game was set to easy, and seems there're more than few settings to make it harder

#5302 1 year ago

On the TPN free play podcast released yesterday they interviewed John Borg. They asked if there was a theme he always wanted to do. His answer was Scooby. Then he noted he recently found out someone else was making one. Borg goes to TPF yearly. I expect to see him hanging at the Spooky booth playing some games or maybe Jack will invite him to participate in the deadflip game stream.

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

may be he's good anyway (lol)
but its more that the game is not punishing you (think about TWD)
here, only very few balls/trajectories leaning to the sides
and that "save target" in the middle of the pins is also helping more than a lot
but ok, as said above, game was set to easy, and seems there're more than few settings to make it harder

It’s always pretty easy to make games harder if needed.

Here if you remove the outlane posts, disable the drop target save, and take out the UP post, good luck!

#5304 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I just don't think anyone should blindly put their games on route. For one, they are boutique machines..

Don’t agree.
By that logic Spooky should remove their coin doors and mechs. These are being sold with the capability to be commercially operated machines.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

LOVED the stream last night, however I have one request: Give me some Hex Girls music!

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5306 1 year ago

A few impressions:

Shots look fun, many can be hit with a back hand, bonus. Light show is great.
Sounds and call outs are spot on. The sound effects give the feel of actually being in the cartoon. The spinner rip effects are epic.
Code seems very far along. There is a deepness to the modes but any kid could just shoot and enjoy without a PHD in the ruleset.
Good call on the target between flippers. Good for novices but being able to turn off for more difficulty is a bonus.
The upper playfield looks fun. Many shots up there and needed for mysteries making it inclusive and integrated with the rest of the playfield. The bookcase flipper is a great decision, being able to let the ball continue down or choose to keep the ball in the upper. Making the shot from the upper bookcase looks very satisfying. Almost like having two flippers in one.

All in all this game looks very fun and enjoyable. And this from a NON Scooby fanatic.

Well done, Spooky.

#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a standard for 6500 or a couple collectors for 9000. New in the box and ready to ship.

Going to review the feature matrix this afternoon haha

#5308 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Thanks for the response. Appreciate it! Free stuff is always great! Especially spooky swag.

From what I could tell that looks like the best way. If it’s on YouTube you’ll probably have to be logged in or they may have follower only mode or something on

#5309 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s always pretty easy to make games harder if needed.
Here if you remove the outlane posts, disable the drop target save, and take out the UP post, good luck!

It's true, this guy can take the fun out of any machine!

#5310 1 year ago

This game was always going to be on the easier side, it shouldn’t surprise anyone. Lots of long fan shots, nothing really dangerous except potentially the drops. No pops or anything in the “chaos agent” category. A center drain ball save feature. And, a lot of action on an upper playfield, which are the safest things in all of pinball.

It’s a kid’s theme. And I don’t mean that in a derogatory way, but it is literally a cartoon for children. If this was a brutal game I think it would be a poor fit for the license.

It’s probably not a game for Karl to stream, or if he does it will be a long stream. And it’s not really what I personally look for in pinball ownership these days. But the kind of brutal, short ball time games I prefer now are not for everyone either.

A chill, long playing game, with a good theme integration that’s tied into that ball time (solving clues) is a perfect fit for a lot of households. I’m sure there will be grandkids playing on this one in some houses.

Variety is good. Not every pin needs to be tournament friendly.

#5311 1 year ago

This looks awesome! I really like the strategy of getting the ball into that upper playfield. A lot of code for a new release and it's only going to get better! Super excited to receive #111!

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

From what I could tell that looks like the best way. If it’s on YouTube you’ll probably have to be logged in or they may have follower only mode or something on

Thanks!

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This game was always going to be on the easier side, it shouldn’t surprise anyone. Lots of long fan shots, nothing really dangerous except potentially the drops. No pops or anything in the “chaos agent” category. A center drain ball save feature. And, a lot of action on an upper playfield, which are the safest things in all of pinball.
It’s a kid’s theme. And I don’t mean that in a derogatory way, but it is literally a cartoon for children. I’d this was a brutal game I think it would be a poor fit for the license.
It’s probably not a game for Karl to stream, or if he does it will be a long stream. And it’s not really what I personally look for in pinball ownership these days. But the kind of brutal, short ball time games I prefer now are not for everyone either.
A chill, long playing game, with a good theme integration that’s tied into that ball time (solving clues) is a perfect fit for a lot of households. I’m sure there will be grandkids playing on this one in some houses.
Variety is good. Not every pin needs to be tournament friendly.

Turtles makes your point perfectly. My kids were always grumpy it was so difficult.

#5314 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's true, this guy can take the fun out of any machine!

20 minute ball times also take the fun out of any game.

#5315 1 year ago

Good job with the reveal... do it yourself and talk passionately about the game. Lead from the front guys, you got this.

#5316 1 year ago

I need one!!!

#5317 1 year ago

I let it go in a trade, I like to try and keep one game by each manufacturer on location. So Scooby will be there next. I still love Halloween however. But I can’t keep everything all the time.

Quoted from SLRage:

Your Halloween is no longer on location?

#5318 1 year ago

Spooky, thank you so much for the reveal stream! It was much appreciated and just what was need to rekindled my excitement for this game. I'm a first time Spooky buyer (CE #498) and this gave me a lot of hope that the kids and I can enjoy long play times together without getting frustrated. I can't wait for the DeadFlip stream as Jack will do a good job setting up multiple cameras to show off that Scooby fear mech. I really want to see that guy in action.

One thing I didn't get a good sense for that I hope your team emphasizes more in your next stream is the upper playfield right ramp shots. I couldn't gauge exactly how easy or consistently you could backhand or hit with the book case those two ramp shots. It definitely seemed like flinging the ball with the upper bookcase part was the easiest strategy but I would like to have an in-depth shot review on that portion. Loved the ease though in which you could choose to keep it on the upper or let it roll into the happy trail with that bookcase.

The current code only contains Captain Cutler Multiball, Mystery Machine Multiball, and Start a Case, is that correct? If so were still waiting on Character modes, Scooby Snack Mulitball, apron locks, and the three advertised wizard modes. Was there anything else I forgot to mention or do I have to wait to be suprised? I thought you said something about additional villains and Mr. Ines, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, just wanted to say thanks and I look forward to playing this game at home. It will be my first topper as well, so that's kind of cool too.

#5319 1 year ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

congratulations to you scooby people. the Video looks awesome. to us Halloween/ultraman people.....we choose poorly

Have Halloween and love it. No regrets. #32 fro SD and dying to get it! Feel like a kid again at Christmas in the 70’s when Star Wars toys first came out! Actually more so.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My Halloween was a TANK on location, I only ever had to adjust the drops once and I opted to switch to metal gear servos. It earned like CRAZY. Scooby will go to my location right away. It will ANNIHILATE wallets, blow minds AND bring new people into the hobby. This was a complete no brainer for me.

My family last night was hoping you would have this at your location, my wallet is going to get destroyed haha. Speaking of, I might head down today to play your BKSOR.. $20 POOF! Thanks for having such a great collection bro.

#5321 1 year ago

Watched the stream with my nine year old daughter. I asked what she thought. She said, “I think we should get it.” I asked why and she said, “That bookcase flipper is cool and looks like a ton of fun.” She immediately noticed that was something unique from all our other games.

#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

20 minute ball times also take the fun out of any game.

Maybe for some but the majority clearly disagree, see #1 ranked game on pinside!

#5323 1 year ago

The fact that Spooky can now make an easy and unique game is a reflection of them maturing. We should be celebrating this because it now opens the door for them to build more themes.

Congrats Spooky team, Scooby looks amazing.

#5324 1 year ago

I only like games that I lose in less than 2 mins and require quantum engineering to figure out scoring

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Good job with the reveal... do it yourself and talk passionately about the game. Lead from the front guys, you got this.

Sounds like that’s exactly what they did!
Thanks guys for doing this on your off day.

#5326 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Going to review the feature matrix this afternoon haha

Thats one of the coolest things about Spooky games. They are all the same as far as game play.
The difference in editions is strictly cosmetic. (Except for maybe a shaker motor. )

#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The game look amazing and I for one am so happy I lived long enough to see this game get made#268.and I love my Halloween also as it sits but I am sure it will get way better in the future.

Any idea what Spooky's current build rate is? They were talking about hitting 40 a week in the future (last year). Did they ever hit that? Last I heard it was around 25/wk, but I haven't really followed it that closely for a while...

#5328 1 year ago

They surpassed it actually

Quoted from PinMonk:

Any idea what Spooky's current build rate is? They were talking about hitting 40 a week in the future (last year). Did they ever hit that? Last I heard it was around 25/wk, but I haven't really followed it that closely for a while...

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I kind of want ultra man this morning. Haha. I feel like it will help with my scooby fix. Anyone want to give one up for cheap?
Going to go play some R&M and RZ now

They have a couple CEs (one NIB) in the $7ks in the marketplace right now. I've seen Ultraman as low as $5800 in the marketplace not that long ago. If you're patient and you really want one, put it on your wishlist and you should get one pretty cheap relative to launch pricing.

#5330 1 year ago

Much like LotR LE's dickbeard, after someone pointed it out, I will never not see those locks being two penises unloading straight onto Daphne and Velma.

scooby-ball-lock (resized).jpgscooby-ball-lock (resized).jpg
#5331 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They surpassed it actually

So what are they at on average now? 50/wk? More?

#5332 1 year ago

They start much slower than 40 per week and then ramp up as they go

Quoted from PinMonk:

So what are they at on average now? 50/wk? More?

#5333 1 year ago

Just to spite the whiners

59A4F963-A875-4F26-A3E8-BA16DCC64DF3 (resized).jpeg59A4F963-A875-4F26-A3E8-BA16DCC64DF3 (resized).jpeg
#5334 1 year ago

Wow! I was not expecting my Scooby to arrive so soon!

20230128_155843 (resized).jpg20230128_155843 (resized).jpg
#5335 1 year ago

You just ruined the Scooby SLE60 edition release!

Quoted from jameshalko:

[quoted image]

#5336 1 year ago

Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "

Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

#5337 1 year ago

Halloween is supposed to contain an Easter egg for Scooby but I’ve never figured it out.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "
Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

#5338 1 year ago
Quoted from jameshalko:

[quoted image]

Hah, almost got me, but we all know Spooky hates pop bumpers

#5339 1 year ago

ACNC had the Scooby Easter egg

Quoted from SLRage:

Halloween is supposed to contain an Easter egg for Scooby but I’ve never figured it out.

#5340 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Have Halloween and love it. No regrets. #32 fro SD and dying to get it! Feel like a kid again at Christmas in the 70’s when Star Wars toys first came out! Actually more so.

Agreed. I enjoy my Halloween. I'm also stoked for Scooby.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

We do have fun with that, so feel free to look, but in that case I was referencing the names of the rollercoaster attractions that you can ride in Funland. They may be some pinball classics.

#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We do have fun with that, so feel free to look, but in that case I was referencing the names of the rollercoaster attractions that you can ride in Funland. They may be some pinball classics

That makes more sense, even when I was quoting you I realized your wording "other pinball machines" not upcoming games . Either way, you guys ROCK and getting direct replies from you is amazing. Keep up the good work I'm anxiously waiting for #224 to ship.

#5343 1 year ago

Halloween has one. Look who upvoted my post.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ACNC had the Scooby Easter egg

#5344 1 year ago

Wow, I certainly never noticed it

Quoted from SLRage:

Halloween has one. Look who upvoted my post.

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Just to spite the whiners
[quoted image]

You should start a Scrappy Doo mod thread.

#5346 1 year ago

When the game was announced, I was super excited for the theme, but thought the trailer made the game look slow, and really uninspired. I really wanted to like the game, and must have watched the trailer a dozen times trying to convince myself I wanted it with no luck...I thought the widebody decision was terrible making the game look clunky.

The gameplay video totally changed that for me, and I am now in on a CE for my first Spooky. Fantastic theme integration, and if the game has come this far since the trailer, this will ultimately be a superb game. I can't wait for it to come!

#5347 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

When the game was announced, I was super excited for the theme, but thought the trailer made the game look slow, and really uninspired. I really wanted to like the game, and must have watched the trailer a dozen times trying to convince myself I wanted it with no luck...I thought the widebody decision was terrible making the game look clunky.
The gameplay video totally changed that for me, and I am now in on a CE for my first Spooky. Fantastic theme integration, and if the game has come this far since the trailer, this will ultimately be a superb game. I can't wait for it to come!

Welcome aboard the Scooby Doo Hype Train. You are part of history as Spooky makes this timeless game. One day, you’ll have fond memories if what you did today. Make some noise!

#5348 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

It hasn't been coded yet.

I kid, I kid

#5349 1 year ago
Quoted from jameshalko:

[quoted image]

I’d play it.

#5350 1 year ago

I’d love to see the ability for different characters to have different difficulty set in the menus. Could see setting aside a character or 2 on easy so guests/kids/etc could play with me or more seasoned players but on an easier difficulty.

Whatcha think Spooky?

Also, holy hell you guys killed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/107?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.