20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 130.
#5051 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

When do you usually receive the fang club goodie bag kit thing? I realize living abroad means it would take a little longer, but almost two months now. Do you get a tracking number?

I signed up on 12/7 and I'm in the states. Still no sign of mine. I'm not sure of the usual time frame.

#5052 1 year ago

So how do you think that apron will play into the game?

#5053 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Praying for a weekend stream !!!!!

Moderated for religious content lol

#5054 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

When do you usually receive the fang club goodie bag kit thing? I realize living abroad means it would take a little longer, but almost two months now. Do you get a tracking number?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I signed up on 12/7 and I'm in the states. Still no sign of mine. I'm not sure of the usual time frame.

Fang Club merchandise ships in one cycle each year. If you signed up prior to August 1st, 2022 you should have received last year's goodies. If you signed up after that date then you are on the list to receive next year's goodies. If you had your heart set on one of the super cool glasses, or want a set, we may have a few available on the website at some point. As always they remain exclusive to Fang Club Members.

#5055 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Fang Club merchandise ships in one cycle each year. If you signed up prior to August 1st, 2022 you should have received last year's goodies. If you signed up after that date then you are on the list to receive next year's goodies.

Thanks, that is good to know! I signed up after August 1st to get Scooby and I noticed this text in the description when I did:

"To get in on this year's goodies, you MUST be signed up by August 1st 2023. Your membership is nonrefundable and nonreturnable after you have received your goodies for the year."

I just assumed I would not be getting anything (except a Scooby of course!). Good to know I will get next year's goodies. You might want to adjust how that reads on your website to make it clearer though.

#5056 1 year ago

I agree, enough bickering - bring on more Scooby info! By my calendar we should be seeing that gameplay video in the next 5 days...

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I agree, enough bickering - bring on more Scooby info! By my calendar we should be seeing that gameplay video in the next 5 days...

SpookyLuke upvoted both my post and @GoldenBeards post when we guessed it would be this weekend. On the last page if you wanna see specifics.

#5058 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So how do you think that apron will play into the game?

It's a physical ball lock. One ball on each side. You can see it in action in the teaser video in the key posts.

#5059 1 year ago

I guess this means no Scooby livestream on Saturday??

Screenshot_20230126_164119_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230126_164119_Facebook (resized).jpg
#5060 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I saw that and immediately thought Friday night for the stream

#5061 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Gotta contribute to the derail it helps the time pass before we see the gameplay stream!
I think I get what JohnTTwo is saying. I have friends who view most “asset” purchases primarily through the lens of making (or losing) money. The clearest example I’ve seen is someone who has never really viewed their houses as homes but more as an investment to make money. It’s worked very well for them, and they are financially in a very good place because of it. My wife and I aren’t really wired that way, we love our home - and in my career of choice having a sanctuary that I can come home to is worth its weight in gold. Don’t get me wrong - buying our house we absolutely considered the investment potential - but it was lower on the list than where my friend and his wife would put it (#1 - always).
I think the same thing is going on here with pins. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that future value wasn’t on my list but I guarantee it’s further down by a big chunk than JohnTTwo.
In the end, it’s just pinball. Whatever blows your hair back.
PDK

I love the idea of locks in the apron! However, as someone pointed out way earlier in the thread, this is difficult to "unsee" once seen. It's unfortunate and a bit humorous at the same time. Perhaps it's an opportunity for the modding community to remedy?
[quoted image]

LMAO. I never noticed that until you brought it up. OMG…I just said brought it up! Stop this sickness!!!

#5062 1 year ago

Its still 100 degrees here !

#5063 1 year ago

I'll tune in to check out Scooby-Doo on Saturday if that's happening and they give a little notice ahead of time to plan with. I'm uh, not really interested in a live pinball awards show. No offense to anyone who's excited about it, but given the choice between that and cool game reveal it's not exactly a heart breaking decision.

#5064 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

I have a fever and the only cure is a live stream announcement.

It needs more live stream!

#5065 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm uh, not really interested in a live pinball awards show.

I'd rather be repeatedly kicked in the nuts, but I digress.

#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll tune in to check out Scooby-Doo on Saturday if that's happening and they give a little notice ahead of time to plan with. I'm uh, not really interested in a live pinball awards show. No offense to anyone who's excited about it, but given the choice between that and cool game reveal it's not exactly a heart breaking decision.

Same here. No concern for awards, I wouldn't watch that even if Scooby stream isn't happening.

#5067 1 year ago

I haven't followed every detail of Spooky over the years, and I'm assuming it hasn't been asked. Spooky related, not Scooby but: I know they are working on code while also making games (looks like from Facebook at least 20+). Not sure if they have even more than that done or in progress since it's been some time since that post. I think they said they were able to hit 40 games per week, but if you are waiting on code, is the shop getting full or is other stuff on the assembly line and that was just a small batch?

#5068 1 year ago

Saturday morning when we used to watch cartoons would be a great time for the gameplay stream.

#5069 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I haven't followed every detail of Spooky over the years, and I'm assuming it hasn't been asked. Spooky related, not Scooby but: I know they are working on code while also making games (looks like from Facebook at least 20+). Not sure if they have even more than that done or in progress since it's been some time since that post. I think they said they were able to hit 40 games per week, but if you are waiting on code, is the shop getting full or is other stuff on the assembly line and that was just a small batch?

Pretty sure games are built and shipped regardless of code, assuming they at least have a good base version to ship. After that the games go out the door.

#5070 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Saturday morning when we used to watch cartoons would be a great time for the gameplay stream.

You’re a genius! I’m having BooBerry in my underwear while watching the Spooky SD Pinball Saturday morning stream

#5071 1 year ago

This can only mean game play is imminent.

6F30BDEB-8ABA-4BF8-AD3F-BB9D9D3857C5 (resized).jpeg6F30BDEB-8ABA-4BF8-AD3F-BB9D9D3857C5 (resized).jpeg

#5072 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This can only mean game play is imminent.
[quoted image]

So, do you have two cell phones?

#5073 1 year ago

We're shit out of luck..

GPT SD (resized).pngGPT SD (resized).png
#5074 1 year ago

Flipnout says special surprise coming on their award show and spooky re-posted the flipnout flyer. I am watching to see the surprise scooby footage

#5075 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Flipnout says special surprise coming on their award show and spooky re-posted the flipnout flyer. I am watching to see the surprise scooby footage

Wasn't this release supposed to be a double theme release like HWN/UM? So Scooby Doo, and...

#5076 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Wasn't this release supposed to be a double theme release like HWN/UM? So Scooby Doo, and...

Not to my knowledge, and I've been watching this from day one (I was at Pincinatti where the unofficial/official announcement for Scooby was made). Where did you get that impression?

#5077 1 year ago

Not to my knowledge, and I've been watching this from day one (I was at Pincinatti where the unofficial/official announcement for Scooby was made). Where did you get that impression?

Thought I remember hearing rumors about it a while ago, not recently. Could be total BS

#5079 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Thought I remember hearing rumors about it a while ago, not recently. Could be total BS

Yeah, most likely not true.

Agreed

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

So, do you have two cell phones?

Indeed. It’s clearly either for drugs, two girlfriends, or one is simply a work phone. Anyone’s guess.

#5081 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pretty sure games are built and shipped regardless of code, assuming they at least have a good base version to ship. After that the games go out the door.

Right but it if they aren't ready for video streaming the game, they definitely aren't going to put the game in players hands. I assume they are going to stack up a bit longer as they don't feel it's ready to go out yet. Lot of warehouse space with ready to go games. Maybe it's not 100% full production yet.

#5082 1 year ago

We’re ready for Scooby. Dream theme for us. Thank you, Spooky. You’re awesome!!!

176E8E0C-1ADE-408E-B5E1-933712E156CC (resized).jpeg176E8E0C-1ADE-408E-B5E1-933712E156CC (resized).jpegEA59D9C6-AAFE-48AB-87FB-B7C3C753DD05 (resized).jpegEA59D9C6-AAFE-48AB-87FB-B7C3C753DD05 (resized).jpeg
#5083 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

We’re ready for Scooby. Dream theme for us. Thank you, Spooky. You’re awesome!!!

someone is all in ...

#5084 1 year ago

Feeling the hype building for a gameplay drop this weekend Spooky!

Thought I'd add to the excitement a bit with a little video reveal of the Lantern mod progress

(some light bleed and fit issues to sort out still, cos obviously this game isn't scooby

#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Thought I'd add to the excitement a bit with a little video reveal of the Lantern mod progress

(some light bleed and fit issues to sort out still)

Looks amazing

#5086 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

(some light bleed and fit issues to sort out still, cos obviously this game isn't scooby

Looking great!

#5087 1 year ago

Edit double post

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Looks good! Is the clear spotlight portion nice and bright?

#5089 1 year ago

Looks good! Is the spotlight side nice and bright?

Yeah it's super bright (luckily!) I haven't A/B tested it yet, which is something I'd like to do. Ideally I want it to be brighter than standard, so it can be dimmable.

The trigger fires off a pattern on the spotlight side also, and on godzilla you can see that effect on the building, which I thought was a good indication of the beam travel.

#5090 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

That looks fantastic stumblor !!! Amazing, and can't wait to get mine. Are our preorders for 1 lantern or multiple? Are we able to order multiple?

#5091 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

That looks fantastic stumblor !!! Amazing, and can't wait to get mine. Are our preorders for 1 lantern or multiple? Are we able to order multiple?

Thanks so much! All kits come with 3 lanterns.

#5092 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Thanks so much! All kits come with 3 lanterns.

Thanks for the info!!!

#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Looks amazing! Someone more talented and creative than me should make a sculpt that goes over some of the post (and up to the lantern handle) that looks like a ghoulish hand holding the lantern now

#5094 1 year ago

Spooky,please announce when the game footage will be available.
I got things to do and can’t keep checking Pinside every 10 minutes.
Thanks.

#5095 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Spooky,please announce when the game footage will be available.
I got things to do and can’t keep checking Pinside every 10 minutes.
Thanks.

Many lessons learned by companies going to tradeshows with 'last minute code'. I even saw a documentary about Pinball 2000 and Gomez or someone else said they had to reboot them game every 5 or 10 minutes from a memory leak causing the game code to crash. Working midnight up to day of launch is risky. If they even delay it 2 weeks for more time, I think you are possibly coming in a little too hot. They should either set a deadline and go with it or just say "hey it's going to need more time". No harm in waiting if they have to.

#5096 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Many lessons learned by companies going to tradeshows with 'last minute code'. I even saw a documentary about Pinball 2000 and Gomez or someone else said they had to reboot them game every 5 or 10 minutes from a memory leak causing the game code to crash. If they even delay it 2 weeks for more time, I think you are possibly coming in a little too hot. They should either set a deadline and go with it or just say "hey it's going to need more time". No harm in waiting if they have to.

I don't mind waiting either, but Spooky did set a deadline. End of this month. And all signs point to them announcing this weekend. I think Wariodolby was just making a humorous comment about being stuck on Pinside in anticipation

#5097 1 year ago

And all signs point to them announcing this weekend.

I'm assuming they might actually still be working if they can't commit to a time yet with so little time left. Oh well, but last minute working just hope they don't stream and some jackpot doesn't get granted or something.

#5098 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Looks Great!!

#5099 1 year ago

I don't mind waiting either, but Spooky did set a deadline. End of this month. And all signs point to them announcing this weekend. I think Wariodolby was just making a humorous comment about being stuck on Pinside in anticipation

In a Spooky post from a few days ago, either on here or Facebook can't remember, they said they were still on track for a January stream. So hopefully nothing has changed. It does kinda feel like they're doing a lot of last minute cramming for a big test

They seem to really want to deliver on this code, I feel good about it but we'll see hopefully soon.

#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Wow these turned out amazing!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Severedmods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.