20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 130.
#4951 1 year ago

Spooky What tradeshows are you planning to hit this year (with or without Scooby)?

#4952 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I always try to add why I dislike something. It’s not just “XYZ sucks” etc. Some people take even the slightest critique of a product as an enormous personal insult. Weird.

Never said it was a personal insult. Try to calm down and go complain somewhere else.

#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Or the live stream blows many away, and they sell out. That's the gamble in waiting, right? Gotta find the sweet spot, and right before the gameplay is revealed might be the best time to get a discount. But who knows?

I think the sweet spot is the month after game play release. The code usually only gets better. So you have the max numbers of non refundable deposits, early code, long wait to get a your game, people decide they don't wanna spend the money they committed to. Some UM buyers may chime in why that pin has lost so much value.

The biggest clue for me was Spooky saying there are more names on list then games available. Thus trying to push the FOMO. Not this time for me

#4954 1 year ago

Sorry for as what I am positive is a repeated question..been out sick with Covid. Any gameplay announcements?

#4955 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Sorry for as what I am positive is a repeated question..been out sick with Covid. Any gameplay announcements?

By end of this month. Go back a page and you'll see where Spooky said "Won't be long now, Hang in There"

#4956 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Laying around with the flu maybe read the thread?

#4957 1 year ago

Ugh, we need some game play! This place is stagnant. Stinky. Poopy

#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I think the sweet spot is the month after game play release. The code usually only gets better. So you have the max numbers of non refundable deposits, early code, long wait to get a your game, people decide they don't wanna spend the money they committed to. Some UM buyers may chime in why that pin has lost so much value.
The biggest clue for me was Spooky saying there are more names on list then games available. Thus trying to push the FOMO. Not this time for me

Let me be honest for a moment. You are in a thread with 1000+ owners bragging about playing the market and timing your buy so you get the best deal possible. You are giddy with excitement that you are going to make out better than all of us idiots who paid msrp.

I don’t fault you for what you are trying to do, but maybe ~ just maybe ~ you should be a little more stealth about it?

I couldn’t give two squirts about what the value of Scooby is tomorrow, 6 months or a year from now. I’m excited about the game and look forward to owning it for a long time.

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Let me be honest for a moment. You are in a thread with 1000+ owners bragging about playing the market and timing your buy so you get the best deal possible. You are giddy with excitement that you are going to make out better than all of us idiots who paid msrp.
I don’t fault you for what you are trying to do, but maybe ~ just maybe ~ you should be a little more stealth about it?
I couldn’t give two squirts about what the value of Scooby is tomorrow, 6 months or a year from now. I’m excited about the game and look forward to owning it for a long time.

Thank you.

#4960 1 year ago

Every time I read his posts I get the impression that he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed?

Quoted from Damonator:

#4961 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I still need to find a good pair of scooby doo shoes.

This takes fandom to the next level. I think you win the dedicated Scooby award!

#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No worries man I get it and can’t wait to own my Scooby Doo!

The only way a manufacturer will change is through sales and keeping their customers happy. Alot of people got burnt with non refundable deposits and no limited product.

Scooby Doo is round two

#4963 1 year ago

Anybody know when the podcast is with dead flip?

#4964 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody know when the podcast is with dead flip?

No announcement yet.

#4965 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

That's the spirit!

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Alot of people got burnt with non refundable deposits and no limited product.

A lot of distribs charge non-refundable deposits for Sterns too - in fact, my distrib required payment in FULL for Bond60 after announcement (and we still haven't seen a gameplay video yet).

There are limits on all Spooky titles - HWN had a 1250 limit and UM had a 500 limit. On UM, even if all 500 of those were CEs, that's still 500 games total which is not many at all!

Some people that were expecting R&M skyrocketing value and didn't necessarily care about the HW/UM themes got burned. But here's the deal - if you knew how much Charlie and family loves both HW/UM themes, you would know that the code on those games isn't even close to finished yet. When the code is finished and people finally get to experience it, the values will return.

But as I said before, I hope most of us are in on Scooby because we love the theme, not because we think there's profit to be made.

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No announcement yet.

That’s odd because they said by the end of the month, but sure they are trying to get it as polished as possible so that’s fine with me

#4967 1 year ago

Starting to get excited! Ce #98 belongs to us. Would've gotten a lower # if it weren't for those meddlin kids ...

#4968 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

That’s odd because they said by the end of the month, but sure they are trying to get it as polished as possible so that’s fine with me

Still 7 days left counting today. I bet it’s a Friday night or weekend stream.

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I bet it’s a Friday night or weekend stream.

Same

#4970 1 year ago

If they wanted to sell on pure FOMO we would have LE's instead of CE's.. that's what I appreciates about Spooky.

Very excited to see some game play and more dialogue from the crew!!

#4971 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

If they wanted to sell on pure FOMO we would have LE's instead of CE's.. that's what I appreciates about Spooky.
Very excited to see some game play and more dialogue from the crew!!

This guy gets it. Spooky isn't pushing FOMO on Scooby. If so, they wouldn't limit it to 1969 possible CEs. If You really want a limited Scooby get the Standard version.
appreciates (resized).jpgappreciates (resized).jpg

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But as I said before, I hope most of us are in on Scooby because we love the theme, not because we think there's profit to be made.

My apologies if I am coming across wrong, I just despise the feeling of losing money before I even had my HW. The sales model just seems so flawed to me.

I grew up extremely poor and it is just in me to buy stuff as cheap as possible. I applaud the pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't give a shit. I hope to be there some day.

#4973 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Still 7 days left counting today. I bet it’s a Friday night or weekend stream.

RM and HWN were both on saturday......

#4974 1 year ago

I quite like Spookys sales model. Anyone who wants any particular trim level can order that trim level, be it standard, blood sucker, or collector edition. Until the total run is up of course. This model helps alleviate the FOMO, and best of all, helps take money out of greedy flippers pockets.

#4975 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My apologies if I am coming across wrong, I just despise the feeling of losing money before I even had my HW. The sales model just seems so flawed to me.
I grew up extremely poor and it is just in me to buy stuff as cheap as possible. I applaud the pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't give a shit. I hope to be there some day.

Most toys you buy lose value. We've been lucky in this hobby that our pins have held or exceeded their value because so many folks have entered the hobby...basic supply and demand... I would say any time you buy a pin you have to have the expectation that the value could go down. Otherwise you are gambling.

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I grew up extremely poor and it is just in me to buy stuff as cheap as possible.

with no disrespect .... why are you buying 8-10k toys ? may not be the hobby for you ! ?

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I applaud the pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't give a shit. I hope to be there some day.

I doubt there are very few that don't give a shit because this is an insignificant purchase for them. I do think there are many including me that look at this as an asset, not an investment. As far as assets go, a pin does better than a boat, car, snowmobile, stereo system, etc. in retained value. The fact that I can sell most of the pins I own for more than I paid is great but I don't look for a return on an investment, because it isn't an investment. Take care of it like your car or boat and maximize what you can get out of it for the next purchase is the best you should hope for.

Oh and play the hell out of it because it is way more fun than a car or a boat!

#4978 1 year ago

Correct. Pinball machines are assets not investments. Assets depreciate and you can expect to make SOME of your money back on resale not all and certainly not profit. The quicker people can accept that the happier they’ll be.

#4979 1 year ago

Did I just step into the wrong thread?

D275C12C-0778-415D-8477-207B1199E012.gifD275C12C-0778-415D-8477-207B1199E012.gif
#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

Levi will be here soon to make this stop!

#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

What thread on pinside isn't somehow about pricing?

#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I grew up extremely poor and it is just in me to buy stuff as cheap as possible. I applaud pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't care. I hope to be there some day.

<< WARNING: Cargument ahead ! >>

Yet you've been on Pinside for 1 year and own 18 machines, including the high priced Toy Story 4 CE, Elvira 40th LE, plus many other A-list games. Most of us are looking to buy games at a fair price, and Scooby-Doo is fairly priced compared to recent offerings from the other manufacturers. You, on the other hand, are like the car buyer who wants to make sure that nobody else gets a cheaper price than they do for the same model. This is the reason GM initially created the Saturn division with the same flat pricing for everyone. So people could buy a Saturn knowing that no one else got a better deal on it than they did.

So you want a Scooby-Doo, but you want to wait until you can buy the game at a discount, hoping that people will sell their spot at a loss if video of gameplay looks underwhelming or if some new release (such as BTTF) makes people want to drop Scooby and buy the new game instead. Spooky should have limited it to 750 like R&M. Scooby would have sold out day one and if it is a hit you'd be left looking for one on the used market at a markup.

#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

<<including the high priced Toy Story 4 CE,

Got some news.....you are not going to get your money back for this. I have one as well.

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Yet you've been on Pinside for 1 year and own 18 machines, including the high priced Toy Story 4 CE, Elvira 40th LE, plus many other A-list games.

Damn, I didn't even notice that.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I applaud the pinners that can just buy, lose value and don't give a shit. I hope to be there some day.

No offense, but it looks like you're there. Nice collection btw.

Edit: Well, maybe not the "not giving a shit" about losing value part. But you definitely have disposable income, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just sayin'

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

with no disrespect .... why are you buying 8-10k toys ? may not be the hobby for you ! ?

Cuz I can.

#4986 1 year ago

I hope there's a good number of SD or BSE being sold as I think the Mystery Machine cabinet art is way cooler than the CE. Just in case it's a top 10 pin and I want to get one second hand down the road

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I doubt there are very few that don't give a shit because this is an insignificant purchase for them. I do think there are many including me that look at this as an asset, not an investment. As far as assets go, a pin does better than a boat, car, snowmobile, stereo system, etc. in retained value. The fact that I can sell most of the pins I own for more than I paid is great but I don't look for a return on an investment, because it isn't an investment. Take care of it like your car or boat and maximize what you can get out of it for the next purchase is the best you should hope for.
Oh and play the hell out of it because it is way more fun than a car or a boat!

100% agree way more fun then a boat, maybe not a 700 hp vet though.

When I buy a car I would be bummed if I missed it a future price of 2k less and the same goes for a boat.

I am a giving guy, but lose enjoyment if I over pay for something, just weird in my mind I can't take it. Call me mentally weak I guess.

How many people would own pins if over time there value went to ZERO? Like a Zilla in 10 years being worth zero? I would not buy one at all.

#4988 1 year ago

What other games from the past have features on top the apron?

20230124_135506 (resized).jpg20230124_135506 (resized).jpg
#4989 1 year ago

At the end of the day, any machine is worth EXACTLY what you are willing to pay for it. If it shows up for cheaper it doesn't mean it is suddenly worth less to you.
If the way you place value on material items is based on other's opinions, you will find yourself being sad most of the time.
Be happy you paid what you thought it was worth when you bought it and go play some pinball!
Having a single pinball machine us a luxurious first world problem, so don't bother complaining with your mouth full.

I am not listening b/c I am too busy flipping

</end rant>

#4990 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ok, I'm confused. You've got machines on pallets. You've been debating when to by scooby and seem to be obsessed that they need to sell out for you to get in. And you've got a prior listing of scooby for $1,000. Do you have a game on order? Did you have a game on order? I get the impression you're very interested in playing the "pinball market" and trying to maximize returns of game sales...given your discussions on this thread and your sales history of a delayed NIB godzilla LE for $24k and you've commented on EHOH 40th (available for sale and on a pallet)...but you've commented that you don't have the "disposable" income to just buy a game because it's an awesome theme like all these other high rollers around here...you can only afford a game if it's resale value is higher than when you bought it.

don't worry, I haven't been stalking you. But candidly, your posts have always been so somewhat odd that they've stood out. it's interesting to me and i'm genuinely curious to know if you actually have a game on order right now?

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Blackwater 100

Blackwater (resized).pngBlackwater (resized).png

#4992 1 year ago

Then why complain ... consider your fortunate

#4993 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

[quoted image]

Flintstones counts, right?

#4994 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Blackwater 100
[quoted image]

Oh dang we weren't aware of that one! I figured you guys would know some we don't.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Flintstones counts, right?

To me it counts!

#4995 1 year ago

Walking dead had the crossbow.

#4996 1 year ago

GnR CE had the coma lock.

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Walking dead had the crossbow.

Ditto for Austin Powers

#4998 1 year ago

The who’s tommy had the blinders

#4999 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I get the impression you're very interested in playing the "pinball market" and trying to maximize returns of game sales

bingo-cousin-eddie.gifbingo-cousin-eddie.gif
#5000 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Then why complain ... consider your fortunate

Sorry if I came across as complaining.

Just looking to save some money and buy low.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 29.00
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.