3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jgentry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Charlie and the Spooky team. I'm a big fan with a couple of requests.

On AMH...
    I hate when the ball gets stuck under the apron, outside of the ball trough. Sometimes it's on top of the trough underneath the apron. Sometimes it's loose under the apron. Is there some way to fix this tendency? Ideas?

I would like to get some nice, laminated rule cards for the apron. You guys sent out digital files for this, but I think you should include the actual cards. I will buy them if necessary. I don't want to mess with getting them printed, laminated, etc. and the game looks naked without it. People comment on it all the time. I'm hoping this will be included with RZ as well.

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Dude just email or call them, they are amazingly helpful.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Charlie and the Spooky team. I'm a big fan with a couple of requests.
    On AMH...
    I hate when the ball gets stuck under the apron, outside of the ball trough. Sometimes it's on top of the trough underneath the apron. Sometimes it's loose under the apron. Is there some way to fix this tendency? Ideas?
    I would like to get some nice, laminated rule cards for the apron. You guys sent out digital files for this, but I think you should include the actual cards. I will buy them if necessary. I don't want to mess with getting them printed, laminated, etc. and the game looks naked without it. People comment on it all the time. I'm hoping this will be included with RZ as well.
    Thanks!

I cut some pieces of cardboard to fit certain places under the apron that the ball was jumping out of and just hot glued them in. Took about 10 minutes and haven't had a ball jump out sense. It's a practically free easy fix.

Don't be a cheap #ss. It cost a couple of $ to print and laminate the apron cards. You likely know someone that has a laminator and everyone has a color printer. Even if you don't have a laminator just print on card stock and they will be fine. It's always baffling to me when someone will pay $6300+ for a game but $2 of printing is a major deal. Heck, I'll print and laminate you a set and send them first class if you are in the US for $5.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Is there some way to fix this tendency? Ideas?

just get some thick weather stripping and figure out the spots where it may be jumping over. Heck if you email Charlie he will probably mail you some for free.

Literally takes 5 min to fix this and is super simple to do.

Quoted from Russell:

I don't want to mess with getting them printed, laminated, etc.

there are a few online pinball cards places that have made cool custom cards. You can take those files and easily get them printed an mailed to you from the comfort of your CPU if you dont want to go down to the local print shop. Easy peasy.

#5 3 years ago

Yes... if you have an issue, email me. I sometimes go weeks without checking Pinside and don't see everything that goes on in here. My Dr. says that probably good for my blood pressure. Not to mention it's hard to figure out who's asking for what in here when the user names are like "Pinball Hamster 83" or "Ballzzz Out 51".

We can fix the apron issue... just email KT with your name and game number, and we'll send you what you need. kt@spookypinball.com

I'm working on basic rules apron cards for Rob Zombie now... personally I never worried about the apron cards much because fan made stuff usually ends up looking better than factory anyway. Many of our games are still going on location so we still need to keep those simple. Fan made stuff can shoot for the moon and come out amazing.

It's literally KT and myself doing all the customer service stuff... doing our best!

#6 3 years ago

http://pinballboy.com/all-rule-cards

Great cards for AMH here.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Don't be a cheap #ss. It cost a couple of $ to print and laminate the apron cards. You likely know someone that has a laminator and everyone has a color printer. Even if you don't have a laminator just print on card stock and they will be fine. It's always baffling to me when someone will pay $6300+ for a game but $2 of printing is a major deal.

I appreciate the offer, but not the insult. Obviously, it's not the $2. Obviously.

It just happens that I don't have a laminator. My printer is a B&W laser printer. It would be a pain to get these printed. Why are they not just included? I love Spooky as much as the next guy, but imho this is the type of detail that should be taken care of by the manufacturer.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks, Charlie. I will send an email.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

I appreciate the offer, but not the insult. Obviously, it's not the $2. Obviously.
    It just happens that I don't have a laminator. My printer is a B&W laser printer. It would be a pain to get these printed. Why are they not just included? I love Spooky as much as the next guy, but imho this is the type of detail that should be taken care of by the manufacturer.

Not trying to insult anyone, but you could literally have already had these printed and done at any print shop in the amount of time you spent on this thread, just doesn't make sense to me. And my offer still stands that I will gladly print and send you a set.

It would be different if Spooky said the games came with instruction cards. They did not though, it was clear from the start that the game did not ship with these and if you wanted them you could print the files from Spooky's website.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Boards
    PinSound Plus Out of stock
    PinSound
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 9.95
    $ 89.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 19.99
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside