(Topic ID: 89309)

'America's Most Haunted' at Allentown Pinfest !

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by musketd
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0724.JPG
amhghost.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

There should be a seizure warning on that video..ug

Should be a boring and douche warning on all the videos they produce. The highest viewed videos they have are of straight up gameplay with no talking. Too bad they just don't stick to that and leave the mouthpieces on mute.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Should be a boring and douche warning on all the videos they produce. The highest viewed videos they have are of straight up gameplay with no talking. Too bad they just don't stick to that and leave the mouthpieces on mute

I LOVE ray's tech tips. The fact that he's thinking about stopping doing those is a poor decision. It takes little to no editing or any pre-work to just point a camera at Ray and just talk to him while he works on something. There's a reason why people happily pay Clay $20 to get access to his pinball ninja site, it's interesting and you learn something. I see no entertainment value in girls playing or posing in front of machines, or acting from some script, and I don't think they get that.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I LOVE ray's tech tips. The fact that he's thinking about stopping doing those is a poor decision. It takes little to no editing or any pre-work to just point a camera at Ray and just talk to him while he works on something. There's a reason why people happily pay Clay $20 to get access to his pinball ninja site, it's interesting and you learn something. I see no entertainment value in girls playing or posing in front of machines, or acting from some script, and I don't think they get that.

Agreed, I watched a few of Ray's videos but once the big GRC blow up happen, I cannot support giving them a view. Why Ray would associate himself with those 2 clowns is beyond me.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

AMH looked like a pretty cool game. The times I went to play it, it was either down for repairs or the line was too long.
The artwork was really nice. The PF looked nice too. Loved the jump bridge. Only thing for me was that it looked like there wasn't a whole lot to do or going on in there. BUT, as I said, I didn't play it so I can't properly judge the machine. That's just my take from what I saw.
Tell you what was really disappointing though, the surprising absence of Predator. I was really looking forward to seeing and playing that. The fact that they weren't there was not a good sign.

They never said they would be there. Kevin is ramping up to release this game, he doesnt need to be at a show.

#55 9 years ago

Pingame Journal coverage of the Spooky booth at MGC...

#56 9 years ago

Charlie one thing I did notice was the lack of a post next to the lower rt scoop. The ball kept bashing the metal scoop and will eventually break it imo.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Charlie one thing I did notice was the lack of a post next to the lower rt scoop. The ball kept bashing the metal scoop and will eventually break it imo.

I agree. I had mentioned this in the other AMH thread. If not a post, there should be no left wall on the metal scoop. Direct hits will damage the ball and eventually break the weldment. I may end up swapping in a scoop from a different game if this is how it ships.

#58 9 years ago

It was really cool to see AMH in person after following its development online. It wasn't quite as flashy as some of the other modern pins, but it was fun and easy to understand the ruleset. Sadly, I only got about 5 minutes on it. That machine, along with the WoZ machines seemed to be mobbed with people fairly consistently.

1 week later
#59 9 years ago

Fixes since Allentown... added caps to smooth out sound in speakers (per Michael from Flipper Fidelity's suggestion). Added a protective mesh over the cabinet vent holes near the power supply to keep little ones fingers out of harms way. Fixed the ball under the hellavator / switch area where it could pinch and slow the ball (or occasionally trap it)... and added a post to protect the right VUK scoop. We should have added that long ago... Oh, and Ben pretty much wrapped up the programming including a video mode, so it looks like we'll be shipping with 100% finished code!

Yeah... Ben Heck is pretty bad ass.

100_0724.JPG100_0724.JPG
#60 9 years ago

I should note... that post actually makes hitting the scoop a little easier. Seems to deflect in more. I always shoot for the rubber just to the right and it guides it in fairly nicely... this just helps it guide in there even better.

#61 9 years ago

Thanks for giving that scoop some attention, Charlie! That was my last real design concern with the game. I can't wait to see it in action.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks for giving that scoop some attention, Charlie! That was my last real design concern with the game. I can't wait to see it in action.

Yep... it needed to happen and we knew it. Nordman told us a while back, just one of those things that kept getting set aside while we tackled bigger issues.

I wish it looked prettier, but its the best fix we can do at this stage with playfields, plastics & metal already cut. Looks like a nice spot for a plastic mod for someone down the road.

We're focused on stepping up production now, and man it feels good to see things starting to pile up in here!

#63 9 years ago

Charlie get Ben to work on that promo video, you need to get some PR for all that hard work!

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I should note... that post actually makes hitting the scoop a little easier. Seems to deflect in more. I always shoot for the rubber just to the right and it guides it in fairly nicely... this just helps it guide in there even better.

It is a hard shot. Keep up the great work gents.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

it guides it in fairly nicely... this just helps it guide in there even better.

Quoted from dantebean:

It is a hard shot. Keep up the great work gents.

That's what she said. X2

#66 9 years ago

Did you guys work on fixing the jump ramp shot? It was almost impossible to hit at the Allentown show?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinballs-americas-most-haunted-at-allentown-pinfest/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.