Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by matlynch91
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5687 (resized).jpeg
    11C0E0CF-0373-4DDB-8272-566169DCEA36 (resized).png
    204AF59E-5443-4EBB-BA3F-57BD38A0CA8F (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    3015D7CA-AF53-4EC7-AAD9-353645D24E12 (resized).jpeg
    amhbroshure (resized).png
    AD86A640-593B-401C-A0D3-7780891FA342 (resized).jpeg
    C5A00A0D-9014-4934-BCAC-1435E511D078 (resized).jpeg
    EA084EF3-1859-4A16-AF6B-5FC89BDF62EB (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210720-145111_Chrome (resized).jpg
    f89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpg
    takemymoney (resized).jpg
    41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
    hatanyone.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingHebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 2 years ago

Take operators into consideration when designing your games. The cabinets do not have an alignment latch thing for the coin box to attach to inside the cabinet so the coin box slides around and jams coins with the lid on.(what's that thing called?) My rick and morty got put out of order on location tonight while I was at my other job due to this as it was eating money. Alice cooper had this issue as well in the past, so I'm assuming it's what happened tonight on RaM, will find out tomorrow. I feel this should be aligned properly and tested at the factory, especially since the coin box is an add on, at least align it for the people buying it from you. you could develop a template and make it easy instead of the 750 potential owners needing to add this and find the proper alignment spot themselves. The coin box is also pretty difficult to get out of the game, especially when it has a lot of quarters in it on both Alice cooper and Rick and Morty. The metal handles/stands under the playfield could be spaced further apart to make it more accommodating when moving the coin box in and out through the door.

It sounds like rick and Morty flipper coils need fans to keep the coils cool enough so they are strong enough to make the left ramp. Games on location will get played frequently and I shouldn't have to buy an aftermarket fan kit from a 3rd party for the game to play properly. I've had local players mention this about the left ramp already, being too hard to make. I will mess with settings, eos, etc this weekend to see if it helps, but the Rick and Morty thread makes it sound like flipper fans are necessary for proper function at long playing intervals.

I'm glad you've improved the display cutoff issue that Alice cooper suffers from for taller people. The USB placement on Rick and Morty however was hard to locate as its facing downward and low to the bottom of the backbox, if I didn't already kind of know what the USB terminal looks like I'd have been lost. Im sure many home buyers will be confused trying to find that USB port.

More quality control at the factory and check everything about the game before shipping. My backbox was misaligned and the security bolt did not fit on Rick and Morty. It's clear no one set it up with the security bolt in place at the factory. I had to drill a bigger hole, which again I think any drilling should not be necessary on a NIB game. I have heard others with the same misalignment issue with their security bolt holes. You could add a sliding design to your back box hinge brackets if this isn't something factory workers are able to align properly on every game.

I think the current tilt bob design bracket you are using would be better off with 2 screws instead of 1 so it doesn't rotate as easily. (But then you'd have to QC that alignment on the holes so the tilt ring is level.)

The magna save button on RaM gets in the way of the playfield when lifting it out to do maintenance. A half inch or an inch cut deeper into the playfield would have fixed this hick up easily.

Biggest takeaway from this post would be to take service and maintenance into account. One thing I really like about the old sega\data east games was the addition of a molex connector at major components such as flippers or drop target banks so you could easily detach the components and pull them out, making any repair or maintenance job on them easier. Not sure why that didn't catch on with other major pin manufacturers. Any new innovations to make pinball maintenance and repair easier such as this would be appreciated by many in the hobby I am sure.

Ps. Love you.

2 months later
    #176 2 years ago

Shouldn't anti glare glass become standard on every version of every pinball machine from every manufacturer forever?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingHebes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-suggestion-box?tu=KingHebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.