Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by matlynch91
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5687 (resized).jpeg
    11C0E0CF-0373-4DDB-8272-566169DCEA36 (resized).png
    204AF59E-5443-4EBB-BA3F-57BD38A0CA8F (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    3015D7CA-AF53-4EC7-AAD9-353645D24E12 (resized).jpeg
    amhbroshure (resized).png
    AD86A640-593B-401C-A0D3-7780891FA342 (resized).jpeg
    C5A00A0D-9014-4934-BCAC-1435E511D078 (resized).jpeg
    EA084EF3-1859-4A16-AF6B-5FC89BDF62EB (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210720-145111_Chrome (resized).jpg
    f89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpg
    takemymoney (resized).jpg
    41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
    hatanyone.gif
    There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 2 years ago

I'll add to this. On rick and morty the wireform is a bad design not only from a ball drop reliability standpoint, but the fact that it's not very serviceable with rods bent over the bottom of the playfield. If you ever had to strip the playfield to shop it, you're pretty much forced to buy Terry's wireform because it has threaded ends that can be removed over and over (which I already have). Metal only bends so many times before it snaps.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Thru-bolt your playfield rails like Stern and the other mfgs. do.
    I saw a R&M delivered with the PF on the bottom of the cabinet because the bolts holding the rails pulled out

I would put it more on the lockdown system to blame, or make the hook ends longer.

The springy clips can allow the hook out.

With a proper lockdown bar system the lock is positive, not just spring tension.

Also the new stern like setup gives no support underneath for the bar to rest down on, and relies alot on the side rails and glass.

Once the lockdown hooks have come out, no the playfield rails aren't meant to hold the full vertical weight and in shipping.

I'm glad there are no bolts like DE games.

2 weeks later
    #153 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

I would put it more on the lockdown system to blame, or make the hook ends longer.
    The springy clips can allow the hook out.
    With a proper lockdown bar system the lock is positive, not just spring tension.
    Also the new stern like setup gives no support underneath for the bar to rest down on, and relies alot on the side rails and glass.
    Once the lockdown hooks have come out, no the playfield rails aren't meant to hold the full vertical weight and in shipping.
    I'm glad there are no bolts like DE games.

On the machine I saw delivered, the screws holding the rails pulled out and the PF dropped
    The front of the PF was still locked in by the lockdown bar

#154 2 years ago

On ACNC can we get some randomness with the mystery awards? It would be nice to get an occasional weapon or extra ball or anything beside advance to monster. Thanks Spooky team!

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

On ACNC can we get some randomness with the mystery awards? It would be nice to get an occasional weapon or extra ball or anything beside advance to monster. Thanks Spooky team!

Also, it would be cool to have the spinner be incorporated more into game play modes.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Completely agree on that. It‘s boring to always get the same award...

#157 2 years ago

Suggest announcing new game tomorrow. Thanks!

1 week later
    #158 2 years ago

New hardware idea specifically for Spooky:

In my workshop, I have a standing desk made out of a repurposed charging cart for multiple laptops, and the computer on it has these nice Koss mini monitor speakers with bass ports that face the user. The point being that the speakers are around shoulder height. One night I was freaking out because something that wasn't there kept touching my neck. It was eerie until I figured out those bass ports were actually chuffing out little blasts of air when playing certain low bass frequency notes. My thought is that if Spooky wanted to make something about one of their games literally spooky, this phenomenon could be a way. Just an idea, but I gotta say that when that first happened to me it was the most creeped out I ever remember being in my 60 years. Then again, once the trick is known, the spookiness dissapates, so I guess it'd be a waste. Still fun to visualize an unknowing player being subjected to it!

1 month later
    #159 2 years ago

Dear spooky,

Suggestion:
    Next time your employee works on a john wick pinball machine, do not rework it into a horror theme. Next time you tell them "let me get Lionsgate on the phone to start negotiating the license"

#160 2 years ago

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    -Invincible
    -Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
    -WuTang Shaolin Kung Fu
    -Bill and Ted's Excellent Pinball Machine
    -Futurama

**-TNA 2.0 with vibrant LCD animations
    **-RAZA (because beating Deeproot to it would be hilarious and awesome)

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dear spooky,
    Suggestion:
    Next time your employee works on a john wick pinball machine, do not rework it into a horror theme. Next time you tell them "let me get Lionsgate on the phone to start negotiating the license"

Yeah those 1,750 games sure are taking a long time to move.....
    Spooky made a good decision. The John Wick movies are great, sure. Do I want a John Wick pinball machine? Hell no!

#162 2 years ago

Offer your games with Invisiglass or another high quality non-reflective glass. Better yet, include this on the CE models.

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Offer your games with Invisiglass or another high quality non-reflective glass. Better yet, include this on the CE models.

Plus one vote for Invisiglass on CE's

#164 2 years ago

Finish the code for RZ and Domino's.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Plus 2! Just recently picked up 2 sheets of Stern HD Glass and the difference is insane. ALL CE's SHOULD HAVE THIS!!!

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Plus 2! Just recently picked up 2 sheets of Stern HD Glass and the difference is insane. ALL CE's SHOULD HAVE THIS!!!

I imagine this would be called "Ghost Glass" or something similarly named. And if it were offered, it should be available as an add on to any game. Probably, including in the CE price, would be another reason to justify the upgrade.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Totally agree. Every other manufacturer does this on their highest trim model, Spooky should also.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I imagine this would be called "Ghost Glass" or something similarly named.

I like this line of thinking. Id like some Spectre Glass on my Ultraman CE please Spooky team

#169 2 years ago

Completely agree with the non-reflective glass on the high end version like the CE.

#170 2 years ago

Ghost Glass +1 on the CE.

Keep up doing 2 games with 1 playfield layout. I know you have double licensing cost but I could see this work easily with the lower production game being quirky (like Ultraman).

Evil Dead with Happy Days
    Friday the 13th with Battlestar Galatica

#171 2 years ago

Ive heard the Spooky team comment on how hard the dual theme was on them. IF they do it again, I think the formula of a Horror game (on brand) and a non Horror game is a great mix. I won't always get a theme I want but im excited to see some interesting games that may not have made it if not for riding the curtails of a much bigger theme.

#172 2 years ago

Also if Spooky were to spend the money to the rights to make 2000 Futurama machines (which Im sure would be quite pricey), I'm fairly certain they would sell out on day one again.

Screenshot_20210720-145111_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210720-145111_Chrome (resized).jpg

Edit: CE is the "Shut up and take my money" Edition (SUATMME?)

#173 2 years ago

A new website design that clearly displays all of your games and has an organized section for code drops and change logs. Take a look at Stern's site for inspiration.

Also +1 on including anti glare glass on CE trim models.

#174 2 years ago

Another deal them combo

Saw with the Bruce Lee (Bruce Lee being the lower production) unit

#175 2 years ago

AMH glossy instruction cards.

Random sarcastic comments from Ben Heck when you hit the flippers on AMH in attract mode!

1 week later
    #176 2 years ago

Shouldn't anti glare glass become standard on every version of every pinball machine from every manufacturer forever?

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

Shouldn't anti glare glass become standard on every version of every pinball machine from every manufacturer forever?

Would be nice but when anti glare glass costs 10X more than a standard sheet it's wishful thinking.

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

Hahaha. You're a funny guy. Its so cheap to buy standard sheets of glass that the best we can hope for is for Spooky to include invisiglass on their highest tier. This is what the competition does.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingHebes:

If they put invisiglass on every new machine a LZ Pro wouldn't even have ramps in it.

2 weeks later
    #180 2 years ago

Someone who has more inside info than I should nominate Spooky for this contest:

What's the coolest thing made in Wisconsin?

https://www.madeinwis.com/contest-information/nominate-a-product/

I would, but for some of the details they ask for.

I think it ought to be a shoo-in. Objectively, pinball has to be the coolest thing made here. I may be biased though!

Article where I learned of the contest: https://www.wbay.com/2021/08/16/interview-coolest-thing-made-wisconsin/

#181 2 years ago

Please add internet connectivity and Scorbit to Halloween and future titles. I love this new addition on Jersey Jack games.

#182 2 years ago

Some constructive feedback after playing Halloween and Ultraman.

- the info on the main screen while you are playing could be about 4 times larger, font size wise. Having that nice screen but then using such a small font makes it really hard to glance at what is going on. Things like current ball number, etc... especially on ultraman.

- it would be helpful if there was more indication the balls are coming out the inlanes. They flash a little but then the ball just kind of dribbles out slowly after. Drained a few times because of it.

- slap some diffusers over all those strip leds.

All in all ultraman was pretty neat, liked it way more than Halloween.

#183 2 years ago

A page on your website dedicated exclusively to the difference between ‘butter’ cabinets and non-butter cabinets. Lots of pictures, details, etc. Wow us! Lots of potential revenue just in that add-on but information on why we should buy it is minimal. Can you tell Im in marketing?

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

- slap some diffusers over all those strip leds.
    All in all ultraman was pretty neat, liked it way more than Halloween.

My biggest concern has always been those LED strips. Other people have said that the LED strip is not blinding and that a diffuser wasn't really needed. I've always been skeptical of that. Guess I will see when I get mine, assuming Spooky doesn't start putting some type of diffuser on them during production.

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

My biggest concern has always been those LED strips. Other people have said that the LED strip is not blinding and that a diffuser wasn't really needed. I've always been skeptical of that. Guess I will see when I get mine, assuming Spooky doesn't start putting some type of diffuser on them during production.

It is not an issue at all. I played about a dozen games over the weekend and it does not appear much different than a modern Stern when playing.

#186 2 years ago

They’re already covered. I don’t find them to be an issue during gameplay.

AD86A640-593B-401C-A0D3-7780891FA342 (resized).jpegAD86A640-593B-401C-A0D3-7780891FA342 (resized).jpegC5A00A0D-9014-4934-BCAC-1435E511D078 (resized).jpegC5A00A0D-9014-4934-BCAC-1435E511D078 (resized).jpegEA084EF3-1859-4A16-AF6B-5FC89BDF62EB (resized).jpegEA084EF3-1859-4A16-AF6B-5FC89BDF62EB (resized).jpeg
    #187 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'm sure it's partly personal opinion but I felt the transparent plastic over them didn't diffuse them and they were too bright.

It's an easy fix either in software to add a brightness adjustment or an after market diffuser that's cloudy.

#188 2 years ago

After playing a few games on Ultraman this weekend I fully concur with the idea that a larger font needs to be used for the information in the backglass - particularly the score displays! There is just no reason for it to be so small! My vision is not that bad (especially for a 59 year old) and I had a hard time reading the score display from the player's perspective.

Also have to say that the exposed LEDs look *horrible* if you are spectating the game, but when you are actually playing it, it is not that bad. Still think a diffuser of some sort would be a big plus here.

#189 2 years ago

For a fairly straightforward DIY fix for the LED strip diffusion use thin white styrene cut into strips and attach (hot glue works) directly over the LEDs. I had some RGB speaker light rings years ago that had the same issue, and I just cut up an old "for sale" yard sign I had laying around which diffused them nicely.

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

For a fairly straightforward DIY fix for the LED strip diffusion use thin white styrene cut into strips and attach (hot glue works) directly over the LEDs.

Also, if your car has a broken window you can just tape a garbage bag over the exposed area....

#191 2 years ago

For a fairly straightforward DIY fix for the LED strip diffusion use thin white styrene cut into strips and attach (hot glue works) directly over the LEDs. I had some RGB speaker light rings years ago that had the same issue, and I just cut up an old "for sale" yard sign I had laying around which diffused them nicely.

that should look great on your new $10,000 pinball machine

#192 2 years ago

It can easily be done to look seamless and factory. Just because I cut up and old for sale sign doesn't mean it looked like shit! I don't see Spooky changing this, so if you don't want to get creative then you may have to take what you get.

#193 2 years ago

SpookyLuke

Throwing this in here, but I saw it mentioned in the Halloween thread. If possible, maybe you guys can powder coat the shooter rod housing to match the BSE and CE powder coat colors. It would complete the look of the trim package. The chrome housing kinda sticks out from the other trim colors you are using. Small nitpick. Carry on the great work.

#194 2 years ago

Scooby Doo pin please. Thank you

#195 2 years ago

Make more AMH! And yes I know it was capped at 150.

amhbroshure (resized).pngamhbroshure (resized).png
    #196 2 years ago

Lola thinks you should make some promotional dog toys.

3015D7CA-AF53-4EC7-AAD9-353645D24E12 (resized).jpeg3015D7CA-AF53-4EC7-AAD9-353645D24E12 (resized).jpeg
    #197 2 years ago

It can easily be done to look seamless and factory. Just because I cut up and old for sale sign doesn't mean it looked like shit! I don't see Spooky changing this, so if you don't want to get creative then you may have to take what you get.

They have tinted plastic over them already.

#198 2 years ago

Haven't like 90% of people who have seen the games in person say the lights look great? I've seen the games and thought they looked great. If it becomes an annoyance to the 10%, I think it's something that can be modded. I'm not sure that's where I want Spooky to be focusing their energy at the moment.

#199 2 years ago

Please Continue using black flipper buttons for production on Halloween. Looks way better.

#200 2 years ago

Tell Robert to sod off. Again.

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-suggestion-box/page/4?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.