Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by DanQverymuch
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpg
    takemymoney (resized).jpg
    41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
    hatanyone.gif
    1445A9A5-02A8-4D32-A4FB-D922022AC14D (resized).jpeg
    phantasm (resized).png
    10010340-FB62-41DB-AC4C-6FAB954C2688 (resized).jpeg
    5AF2C487-8165-416F-A4A4-D7A3DBBE2E99 (resized).jpeg
    D926CDFE-AAE5-4732-BDB6-C54C18AF8C7C (resized).jpeg
    7E8EC24E-A417-4C62-92AE-7264FB299CDB (resized).jpeg
    E6706F82-BD77-403C-8374-16C93ADC5321 (resized).jpeg

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 29 days ago

I'll add to this. On rick and morty the wireform is a bad design not only from a ball drop reliability standpoint, but the fact that it's not very serviceable with rods bent over the bottom of the playfield. If you ever had to strip the playfield to shop it, you're pretty much forced to buy Terry's wireform because it has threaded ends that can be removed over and over (which I already have). Metal only bends so many times before it snaps.

#152 28 days ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Thru-bolt your playfield rails like Stern and the other mfgs. do.
    I saw a R&M delivered with the PF on the bottom of the cabinet because the bolts holding the rails pulled out

I would put it more on the lockdown system to blame, or make the hook ends longer.

The springy clips can allow the hook out.

With a proper lockdown bar system the lock is positive, not just spring tension.

Also the new stern like setup gives no support underneath for the bar to rest down on, and relies alot on the side rails and glass.

Once the lockdown hooks have come out, no the playfield rails aren't meant to hold the full vertical weight and in shipping.

I'm glad there are no bolts like DE games.

2 weeks later
    #153 9 days ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

I would put it more on the lockdown system to blame, or make the hook ends longer.
    The springy clips can allow the hook out.
    With a proper lockdown bar system the lock is positive, not just spring tension.
    Also the new stern like setup gives no support underneath for the bar to rest down on, and relies alot on the side rails and glass.
    Once the lockdown hooks have come out, no the playfield rails aren't meant to hold the full vertical weight and in shipping.
    I'm glad there are no bolts like DE games.

On the machine I saw delivered, the screws holding the rails pulled out and the PF dropped
    The front of the PF was still locked in by the lockdown bar

#154 9 days ago

On ACNC can we get some randomness with the mystery awards? It would be nice to get an occasional weapon or extra ball or anything beside advance to monster. Thanks Spooky team!

#155 9 days ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

On ACNC can we get some randomness with the mystery awards? It would be nice to get an occasional weapon or extra ball or anything beside advance to monster. Thanks Spooky team!

Also, it would be cool to have the spinner be incorporated more into game play modes.

#156 9 days ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Completely agree on that. It‘s boring to always get the same award...

#157 9 days ago

Suggest announcing new game tomorrow. Thanks!

1 week later
    #158 2 days ago

New hardware idea specifically for Spooky:

In my workshop, I have a standing desk made out of a repurposed charging cart for multiple laptops, and the computer on it has these nice Koss mini monitor speakers with bass ports that face the user. The point being that the speakers are around shoulder height. One night I was freaking out because something that wasn't there kept touching my neck. It was eerie until I figured out those bass ports were actually chuffing out little blasts of air when playing certain low bass frequency notes. My thought is that if Spooky wanted to make something about one of their games literally spooky, this phenomenon could be a way. Just an idea, but I gotta say that when that first happened to me it was the most creeped out I ever remember being in my 60 years. Then again, once the trick is known, the spookiness dissapates, so I guess it'd be a waste. Still fun to visualize an unknowing player being subjected to it!

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside