Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by matlynch91
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5687 (resized).jpeg
    11C0E0CF-0373-4DDB-8272-566169DCEA36 (resized).png
    204AF59E-5443-4EBB-BA3F-57BD38A0CA8F (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    3015D7CA-AF53-4EC7-AAD9-353645D24E12 (resized).jpeg
    amhbroshure (resized).png
    AD86A640-593B-401C-A0D3-7780891FA342 (resized).jpeg
    C5A00A0D-9014-4934-BCAC-1435E511D078 (resized).jpeg
    EA084EF3-1859-4A16-AF6B-5FC89BDF62EB (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210720-145111_Chrome (resized).jpg
    f89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpg
    takemymoney (resized).jpg
    41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
    hatanyone.gif
    There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 3 years ago

one thing that I have been thinking about lately it that t would be cool to have a way to save "user profiles" so you can continue a game or record high scores on your profile after resetting them.

thanks for asking, I look forward to hopefully putting a deposit down on your next release, fingers crossed that its a horror based theme

#102 3 years ago

More Lionman.

#103 3 years ago

Lionman, Lionman!

#104 3 years ago

I like band themes, but how about some damn RECENT ones. And ones that ROCK!

Lincoln Park? Sevendust? Korn? Marilyn Manson?

omg WEIRD AL!? hahaha

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I like band themes, but how about some damn RECENT ones. And ones that ROCK!
    Lincoln Park? Sevendust? Korn? Marilyn Manson?
    omg WEIRD AL!? hahaha

Too many music themed pinballz out there already.

#106 3 years ago

Stern (and JJP) have the classic rock, why not try something like hiphop that would be a risk for Stern, but probably easy to sell at Spooky levels? (Run The Jewels, Wu-Tang Clan, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, etc)
    and video games. My god, why doesn't anyone make games based off video games. One of the hugest aspects of popular culture, and all we have to show for it are a few lackluster titles from the 20th century (SFII, the Pac Man pins, Defender, etc etc)

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Stern (and JJP) have the classic rock, why not try something like hiphop that would be a risk for Stern, but probably easy to sell at Spooky levels? (Run The Jewels, Wu-Tang Clan, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, etc)
    and video games. My god, why doesn't anyone make games based off video games. One of the hugest aspects of popular culture, and all we have to show for it are a few lackluster titles from the 20th century (SFII, the Pac Man pins, Defender, etc etc)

Good stuff!

#108 3 years ago

How about an online store to purchase common Spooky pinball parts and swag so can cut down on slower response on emails?

#109 3 years ago

I would pay $400 for completed domino's code.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

As much as I want a hip-hop themed pin (especially beastie boys), it doesn't seem to fit in their themes. An Ozzy pinball could have some cool art, and there's a great catalog of music to choose from.. But I'm guessing this license could be really expensive.

Also as far as a video game to pinball, maybe this should also be horror themed. Doom or Half-life fits in that category.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

An Ozzy pinball could have some cool art, and there's a great catalog of music to choose .

Yup. Definitely Ozzy. It’d sell out faster than Rick and Morty and would do JJP GnR numbers...don’t know if Spooky has the capacity to make that many machines, or the interest in doing so. But of all the manufacturers I think Spooky would make the best Ozzy pin.

#112 3 years ago

how about some damn RECENT ones. Lincoln Park? Sevendust? Korn? Marilyn Manson?

Recent? All those bands are 25 years old.

All good bands though. The new Sevendust album hit #1.

Manson would be the one from that list that would sell the best to pinball people imo. And Charlie likes him. 750 units though? Hmmm ... dunno.

rd

#113 3 years ago

Let’s look past all these band themes. Spooky makes smaller runs anyway. I still think Team America is right up Spooky’s alley and will fit well in the numbers (600-900) they’re looking for.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Manson would be the one from that list that would sell the best to pinball people imo. And Charlie likes him. 750 units though? Hmmm ... dunno.
    rd

This could be a good lead-up to Bible Adventures.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

why doesn't anyone make games based off video games.

I’m guessing the licensor isn’t generally interested in promoting a game that isn’t a video game.
    I think a Command & Conquer table could be great. Multimorphic seems like the ideal platform since they could incorporate video elements into the playfield.

#116 3 years ago

Evil Dead!!!

#117 3 years ago

How about you raffle a pin or better yet donate one for free to a pinsider

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

lol, well maybe I should have said MORE recent.

If Rob Zombie can sell 350 units and Alice Cooper can do 500, I think Marylin Manson can handle 750 easily. There are far more people who are more familiar with MM than with AC or RZ imo. The kinds of cool & crazy stuff you can have in a MM pin too!

And Zombie & Manson toured together a bunch of times if I'm not mistaken. They are two peas in a pod!

Make it happen Charlie! I purchased ACNC and I only knew about 3-4 of his songs and not all that well either. I'm sure a dark-themed black & white MM game with flashes of color or whatever would ROOOOCK!

#119 3 years ago

I can name a grand total of zero MM songs...

... and MM as an abbreviation is sort of taken, anyway...

#120 3 years ago

Change the company name to "balls deep" or something cool like that. Wish that was a call out in Metallica's snake mouth,- "you just went balls deep in that snakes mouth yo". Would have been the best callout ever!

#121 3 years ago

I think Marylin Manson can handle 750 easily

I can see it now

The beautiful powdercoat, the beautiful powdercoat
    All it's all relative to the size of your sprayer

#122 3 years ago

If Rob Zombie can sell 350 units and Alice Cooper can do 500, I think Marylin Manson can handle 750 easily.

Honestly, unless it’s a really really bad theme, I think Spooky can move 750 units with pretty much any theme at this point. With that being said, Marilyn Mason holds no appeal to me. I say skip the rock bands and do an original horror theme geared for adults only. Use the money saved from the license fees and do something awesome with it.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

How about you raffle a pin or better yet donate one for free to a pinsider

They donated TNA 550 to charity.

#124 3 years ago

Simple... don't change a thing.
    Just improve quality control.

My RM went out the door with no shaker, and a bad light board.
    These should have been noticed by game testing, and a simple check list before boxing.

The leg issue was an utter fluke, could have been any game or manufacturer. I feel bad for being the first to report it. I guess I was just the first to move my game that had a bad leg batch.

Improvements.
    1. Built quality, and testing.
    2. Slightly heavier/stronger shipping box.
    My RM box was falling apart in one corner, but no damage.
    3. The overly bouncy flipper rubbers. No control. Yikes! It's like an old super ball!
    4. A printed manual would be very nice.

I've bought 3 NIB games, all Spooky. Dont plan on buying anything else NIB, until Spooky releases Big Trouble in Little China next year.
    Please be true!

Keep it up Spooky.
    Your the best thing in our crazy hobby.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

They donated TNA 550 to charity.

That’s true. I wanted the last TNA off the line but tKayte told me it was earmarked to charity. I ended up getting TNA549.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How about an online store to purchase common Spooky pinball parts and swag so can cut down on slower response on emails?

PBlife and P3 store have most boards, except the CPU boards.... which is why I was asking about that. It'd be nice to have a spare of whatever like I do my other games, to minimize down time.

They don't have mechs or plastics, but most newer sterns aren't listed on marcos site either. It's nice for the same reason. it takes a long time to get with your dealer for them to order said part, and then for the manufacture to finally ship it. It is nice that JJP has some of the stuff you can buy direct from them... takes out the middle man, saves time and frustration.

#127 3 years ago

Still waiting on my R&M game and I am looking forward to owning it
    BUT ....
    Reading the owner's thread makes me feel like I am getting a project I have to work on instead of a game I can just turn on and enjoy

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

BUT ....
    Reading the owner's thread makes me feel like I am getting a project I have to work on instead of a game I can just turn on and enjoy

I have the same feeling...I was almost going to buy some (pinside suggested) parts before I get the game. I will wait though since I'm toward the end of the run and hopefully I dont need anything, but I have started to bookmark pinside posts and other mod items. Cant wait to get it, spring cant come fast enough!

#129 3 years ago

BUT ....

You need to take into account that most of the posts in the owner's thread are from the folks who need to do things to their games and are asking advise, complaining, making adjustment recommendations, or whatever. If you actually counted the physical games that there are posts regarding issues, there are probably 20-30 games or so total and most only have a minor issue or 2. Only a few have posted multiple (major) issues in one game. They are in the 300's right now and taking build sheets for the 400's already.

That means there are probably 300 games out there that you have NOT heard from, because the games are playing fine. Granted, not everyone is on Pinside, but still. The posts you are reading relating to problems are not from everyone. The reality with forums is that you hear when there are problems, but not when there aren't. It gives the false impression that every game has issues. I wouldn't worry too much as most of the games only need a small little tweak here and there (like any other NIB game), but you will probably be fine when you get yours. Don't let the posts in the owner's thread get you down. And take more stress off knowing that even if you do have issues, you bought from Spooky who has some of the best customer service around. They always make it right.

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

You need to take into account that most of the posts in the owner's thread are from the folks who need to do things to their games and are asking advise, complaining, making adjustment recommendations, or whatever. If you actually counted the physical games that there are posts regarding issues, there are probably 20-30 games or so total and most only have a minor issue or 2. Only a few have posted multiple (major) issues in one game. They are in the 300's right now and taking build sheets for the 400's already.
    That means there are probably 300 games out there that you have NOT heard from, because the games are playing fine. Granted, not everyone is on Pinside, but still. The posts you are reading relating to problems are not from everyone. The reality with forums is that you hear when there are problems, but not when there aren't. It gives the false impression that every game has issues. I wouldn't worry too much as most of the games only need a small little tweak here and there (like any other NIB game), but you will probably be fine when you get yours. Don't let the posts in the owner's thread get you down. And take more stress off knowing that even if you do have issues, you bought from Spooky who has some of the best customer service around. They always make it right.

Most of issue posts I have seen are people just trying to get their game to work/shoot correctly
    30 out of 300 is about 10% which is not insignificant

#131 3 years ago

Most of issue posts I have seen are people just trying to get their game to work/shoot correctly
    30 out of 300 is about 10% which is not insignificant

And again, let me repeat the last part...

Quoted from Calfdemon:

I wouldn't worry too much as most of the games only need a small little tweak here and there (like any other NIB game), but you will probably be fine when you get yours. Don't let the posts in the owner's thread get you down. And take more stress off knowing that even if you do have issues, you bought from Spooky who has some of the best customer service around. They always make it right.

#132 3 years ago

I have R&M 171... It hasn't needed any "new parts"

I did have the Pop bumper nuts loosen. I've made some adjustments as many others have.

I think you'll get some owners who are a bit on the neurotic side of things with their games, post...

I haven't come across a 1/4 of what the most vocal have.

My biggest complaint? The Code. The Code. The Code.

#133 3 years ago

"look at the flowers"

#134 3 years ago

A bit of code love for Alice - which remains an incredible game! - would be great.
    I’m in agreement with the rubber comments, changing to Titans was literally a game-changer for me.
    Maybe pop into the Alice thread every once in a while, we miss you
    Fang Club is very pricey for overseas.

Oh, and make a shorter topper to fit in my room!

#135 3 years ago

Keep up the good work Spooky!
    I was impressed with my first spooky (r&m) it's got good quality parts, sound system, lighting, p.f., cab etc
    I didn't have any problems with it after being shipped halfway around the world. To be honest, I was expecting a few troubles based on the owners club, and the fact it's a "bootique" small run game. Same sort of tweaks as my nib stern needed fresh out of the box (personal preference type stuff )
    Again, super happy with r&m, it is my favourite game

#136 3 years ago

From an OG Spooky fan. There’s an initial reaction that I have when I walk up to a Spooky game. Its around the lower part of the playfield between the flippers and the lockdown bar. Not exactly sure what it is but something comes off not defined or lower quality than a pro Stern. AMH, RZ. I noticed something on a game of Rick and Morty too.

#137 3 years ago

One small thing Spooky could do to help with the sound of their games is install a spacer under the cabinet woofer. I just added one to my Rick and Morty and it really improved the sound and reduced the rattle from the bass. It cost me $10 but I'm sure if you bought in bulk or fabricated them in house it would be an inexpensive way to upgrade the game.

41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
    #138 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

One small thing Spooky could do to help with the sound of their games is install a spacer under the cabinet woofer. I just added one to my Rick and Morty and it really improved the sound and reduced the rattle from the bass. It cost me $10 but I'm sure if you bought in bulk or fabricated them in house it would be an inexpensive way to upgrade the game.[quoted image]

+1 for the TNA enclosure as well

#139 3 years ago

I tried to build an enclosure for R&M. I had problems clearing the up-post/ship mech in the back of the game. There isn't a ton of space once the playfield is down. I'm sure with some rearranging or building a slant in the box, it would be possible, but I'm not about to start moving the cabinet speaker around.

Suggestion that is super easy to do. Turn down the settings on the amp. Then you won't get people complaining about the glass rattling. (on the other hand, you'll get people that will complain that the amp settings were turned down ) Mount the amp so that the knobs are easily accessible and can be seen by the owner so that adjustments can be made without too much issue.

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

If it were one thing, it'd be power supplies with quiet fans. Barring that: making the power supplies you ship easier to remove and put back into place, after fixing the fans.
    And, yeah, that's the biggest thing I have to bitch about.

+1

#141 3 years ago

Probably the audio testing on the line is done with the glass off. Thats probably why Spooky doesn't notice the rattling as it is immediately evident to the owner when turning on. Since there are 2 volume controls (coin door vol and physical amp vol knob), they might want to add a q/a step to test/adjust the audio with glass on to find a good balance.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I tried to build an enclosure for R&M. I had problems clearing the up-post/ship mech in the back of the game. There isn't a ton of space once the playfield is down. I'm sure with some rearranging or building a slant in the box, it would be possible, but I'm not about to start moving the cabinet speaker around.
    Suggestion that is super easy to do. Turn down the settings on the amp. Then you won't get people complaining about the glass rattling. (on the other hand, you'll get people that will complain that the amp settings were turned down ) Mount the amp so that the knobs are easily accessible and can be seen by the owner so that adjustments can be made without too much issue.

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Mount the amp so that the knobs are easily accessible and can be seen by the owner so that adjustments can be made without too much issue.

That's why I suggested mounting the amplifier on a bracket which holds the amplifier at a 45 degree angle near the cashbox. That way an owner can simply open the coin door and turn the amplifier controls easily. It would be very easy for the factory to stamp out such brackets.

#143 3 years ago

My suggestion is to remain here on pinside. Doing this kind of thing/ While creating your pinball.

#144 3 years ago

My experience with these amps is once you set them you never touch them again - you control the volume from the coin door and leave the amp alone.

Quoted from KenLayton:

That's why I suggested mounting the amplifier on a bracket which holds the amplifier at a 45 degree angle near the cashbox. That way an owner can simply open the coin door and turn the amplifier controls easily. It would be very easy for the factory to stamp out such brackets.

#145 3 years ago

COMPLAINTS:
    The fan noise is the worst. I switched the fan on my ACNC, not yet on my R&M.

I also switched out the fan on my power supply on my TNA. Maybe one suggestion would be to not have the 48v power supply on when the machine is idle (not playing a game). Switch it on via a relay only when the coils are required. Could use the same system to turn off the 48v power when the coin door is open for safety reasons. Less wear on the game and the fan isn't as noticeable when the game is being actively played.

Also look for a power supply with a quieter fan

1 week later
    #146 3 years ago

omg WEIRD AL!? hahaha

takemymoney (resized).jpgtakemymoney (resized).jpg
    #147 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Continue to stay true to yourself and don’t compromise what you believe in or stand for. I have a Rob Zombie and love it. When I bought it, someone told me that when you by a Spooky pin you aren’t just a customer, you become part of a tribe. That’s very true and keep that quality in mind as you move forward. I’m proud to be a Spooky owner and look forward to upcoming releases. You run your company the way you should and treat your tribesman with respect. That is certainly not overlooked by me. Rock on!

THIS!
    and Rammstein! NO ONE else could do it. there huge, on fire(pun intended) and bring the bid Arena show here finally.
    Would blow away that other blimp......

9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpg9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpgf89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpgf89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #148 3 years ago

I’d like to see more Morty skins to add variety. Also more match sequences for R&M.

5 months later
    #149 2 years ago

Take operators into consideration when designing your games. The cabinets do not have an alignment latch thing for the coin box to attach to inside the cabinet so the coin box slides around and jams coins with the lid on.(what's that thing called?) My rick and morty got put out of order on location tonight while I was at my other job due to this as it was eating money. Alice cooper had this issue as well in the past, so I'm assuming it's what happened tonight on RaM, will find out tomorrow. I feel this should be aligned properly and tested at the factory, especially since the coin box is an add on, at least align it for the people buying it from you. you could develop a template and make it easy instead of the 750 potential owners needing to add this and find the proper alignment spot themselves. The coin box is also pretty difficult to get out of the game, especially when it has a lot of quarters in it on both Alice cooper and Rick and Morty. The metal handles/stands under the playfield could be spaced further apart to make it more accommodating when moving the coin box in and out through the door.

It sounds like rick and Morty flipper coils need fans to keep the coils cool enough so they are strong enough to make the left ramp. Games on location will get played frequently and I shouldn't have to buy an aftermarket fan kit from a 3rd party for the game to play properly. I've had local players mention this about the left ramp already, being too hard to make. I will mess with settings, eos, etc this weekend to see if it helps, but the Rick and Morty thread makes it sound like flipper fans are necessary for proper function at long playing intervals.

I'm glad you've improved the display cutoff issue that Alice cooper suffers from for taller people. The USB placement on Rick and Morty however was hard to locate as its facing downward and low to the bottom of the backbox, if I didn't already kind of know what the USB terminal looks like I'd have been lost. Im sure many home buyers will be confused trying to find that USB port.

More quality control at the factory and check everything about the game before shipping. My backbox was misaligned and the security bolt did not fit on Rick and Morty. It's clear no one set it up with the security bolt in place at the factory. I had to drill a bigger hole, which again I think any drilling should not be necessary on a NIB game. I have heard others with the same misalignment issue with their security bolt holes. You could add a sliding design to your back box hinge brackets if this isn't something factory workers are able to align properly on every game.

I think the current tilt bob design bracket you are using would be better off with 2 screws instead of 1 so it doesn't rotate as easily. (But then you'd have to QC that alignment on the holes so the tilt ring is level.)

The magna save button on RaM gets in the way of the playfield when lifting it out to do maintenance. A half inch or an inch cut deeper into the playfield would have fixed this hick up easily.

Biggest takeaway from this post would be to take service and maintenance into account. One thing I really like about the old sega\data east games was the addition of a molex connector at major components such as flippers or drop target banks so you could easily detach the components and pull them out, making any repair or maintenance job on them easier. Not sure why that didn't catch on with other major pin manufacturers. Any new innovations to make pinball maintenance and repair easier such as this would be appreciated by many in the hobby I am sure.

Ps. Love you.

#150 2 years ago

Thru-bolt your playfield rails like Stern and the other mfgs. do.
    I saw a R&M delivered with the PF on the bottom of the cabinet because the bolts holding the rails pulled out

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-suggestion-box/page/3?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.