Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by matlynch91
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5687 (resized).jpeg
    11C0E0CF-0373-4DDB-8272-566169DCEA36 (resized).png
    204AF59E-5443-4EBB-BA3F-57BD38A0CA8F (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    3015D7CA-AF53-4EC7-AAD9-353645D24E12 (resized).jpeg
    amhbroshure (resized).png
    AD86A640-593B-401C-A0D3-7780891FA342 (resized).jpeg
    C5A00A0D-9014-4934-BCAC-1435E511D078 (resized).jpeg
    EA084EF3-1859-4A16-AF6B-5FC89BDF62EB (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20210720-145111_Chrome (resized).jpg
    f89ede30711d246731e529ace00703f3 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    9f7f4b49facaaada3518a03e6f86b96d (resized).jpg
    takemymoney (resized).jpg
    41aaaIVEaTL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
    hatanyone.gif

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

This isn’t so much about the quality, but I think you have a good opportunity to carve out a niche in the hobby. Stern and JJP are doing the big pop culture themes, which are kind of boring. By continuing to take cult classic themes like Rick and Morty, and keeping the batches small, a lot of interest is created. Spooky could be the boutique pinball company that is actually reliable!

excellent point. Spooky has proven themselves time and time again, and now with the new capacity and the hits like R&M and ACNC out the door, the next few machines will really be able to put the definition on your brand.
    Spooky, don't play it safe like Stern! In one hour you managed to pre-sell enough machines to keep the lines running for 2 solid years with Rick & Morty, and hopefully that means you can keep tapping that kind of well.

hook up with an indie gaming studio and produce a video game themed machine. Work with a slightly more underground band, resurrect those 80s b-movie licenses. Maybe things won't all sell 2 years of games in 1 hour, but you'll still probably sell a year or two of preorders within the first day or week.

#52 3 years ago

Ship all the pins with the amp bass settings set way down (all games set up the same, with a very conservative setting) so we don’t have to listen to people moaning about the glass rattling all the time.

rd

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

glass rattling all the time

The glass rattling was/is bad in ACNC, but not in TNA. Wonder if that's due to TNA having a sub box over the cabinet speaker vs. ACNC not.

#54 3 years ago

thanks for starting this thread, nice to see a company that really cares about it's customers and product quality
    can't see stern or jjp staring a thread like this
    instead of repeating what others have said, i have just up voted the suggestions i agree with.

Would like to see a simple rca out jack on the bottom to easily add an external sub

AND if you could implement these before you build R&M #503 that would be great

#55 3 years ago

I'd like to see the sub box put back in future games, or an option on the add on sheet.

#56 3 years ago

More playfield dimpling please.

#57 3 years ago

SpookyCharlie

phantasm (resized).pngphantasm (resized).png
    #58 3 years ago

Figure out a means to open source code even if its at the cost of being free play only. Would help with games you move on from and don't get all their features.

#59 3 years ago

Mount the amplifier unit on a bracket that holds it at a 45 degree angle so that it can easily be seen and adjusted from just having the coin door open. That way there is no need to remove the playfield glass and raise the playfield. A person could just open the coin door and reach in to change the settings on the amplifier.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Continue to stay true to yourself and don’t compromise what you believe in or stand for. I have a Rob Zombie and love it. When I bought it, someone told me that when you by a Spooky pin you aren’t just a customer, you become part of a tribe. That’s very true and keep that quality in mind as you move forward. I’m proud to be a Spooky owner and look forward to upcoming releases. You run your company the way you should and treat your tribesman with respect. That is certainly not overlooked by me. Rock on!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

There are a ton of threads like this one. The advantage you’ll get with a boutique company is direct, real time customer service.
    I’ve owned two Spooky games and absolutely recommend them. Quick resolutions to problems and a commitment to making things right. Charlie cares about his company and genuinely loves pinball.
    When you buy a Stern, you’re buying a product. When you buy a Spooky, you’re part of a tribe.

#61 3 years ago

Keep being Spooky.

Oh. And make a GWAR Machine!

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Keep being Spooky.
    Oh. And make a GWAR Machine!

While I have zero interest in GWAR pinball, this is a pretty solid idea and on-brand.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

While I have zero interest in GWAR pinball, this is a pretty solid idea and on-brand.

Industry First : Blood Shooting Topper

#64 3 years ago

I forgot to say thanks for this thread and I will ,without a doubt ,be joining the fang club in the near future !! (I’m new to pinball last April ) PS....If not “shining “a pin that I will not want to play late at night by myself for fear of shitting my pants !

#65 3 years ago

My R&M plays great and I love it! The only improvement I would of liked to have seen is better packing material in the shipping box. My game arrived and the box looked good on the outside but the decal on the head was damaged. Spooky is sending me a replacement decal but I’m sure I will figure out a way to screw it up when I go to replace it.

#66 3 years ago

Would love to see Spooky make a movie theme pin. Would have to be a cult Sci-Fi or Horror though. I suggest They Live.

1445A9A5-02A8-4D32-A4FB-D922022AC14D (resized).jpeg1445A9A5-02A8-4D32-A4FB-D922022AC14D (resized).jpeg
    #67 3 years ago

I'm new to spooky, so let me say this. I really like and enjoy my rick and morty...

What could you improve?

For starter's, more polished release code. My American pinball machine is the same system as R and M but doesn't suffer the freezing and slowdowns that require reboots. The unfortunate reality is, it's the only new game I own that does that.

Flipper button feel... This is subjective, but they feel cheap, and light. This is me just being picky.

MANUAL. I wanted to order new rubbers... To my surprise, no manufacturer data exists.

Rubbers... I know pinball life is your supplier and for good reason... But too much bounce back.

I'm nitpicking, but the sub was cranked and this thing was a rattling mess. Some tape on the glass and turning it down a bit has done wonders.

Overall it's a great machine. I'm being honest when I say I really like it and don't see me selling it. That being said, the most frustrating part of the ownership so far has been the code.

Thanks.

#68 3 years ago

Headbands and wristbands please(mostly wristbands). I have way too many t-shirts ( someone in the pinball industry needs to make wearable merchandise that is not a t-shirt , it could be spooky)

#70 3 years ago

Ok not 6 inch, but I think you know what I’m looking for, if not give me a call we can talk about it.
    Make it so.

#71 3 years ago

The one that comes to mind first and foremost is a significantly more substantial Shipping Carton.

They fall apart far too easily and provide little to no protection for rigours of shipping, really. It is about the most serious downfall, from experience and what I have seen.

Second is another vote for downloadable manual, sooner rather than later.

Finally, very impressive, to be starting a thread like this.

#72 3 years ago

You guys should definitely restock the store with Spooky swag.
    The holidays are right around the corner, and people just started shopping for their secret Santa’s

#73 3 years ago

Include a 'gift' in randomly selected machines.

hatanyone.gifhatanyone.gif
    #74 3 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I like the idea for a manual but maybe just put it online and we could download it. I would love to have a manual for my Rob Zombie.

Yeah,me too!!!

#75 3 years ago

More testing of layout before a game is final. Both ACNC and RM are almost universally criticized for being too tight/awkward to shoot. I don’t understand why a company wouldn’t gather this feedback before games are made.

You guys also need to figure out a way to make games much faster. If you missed out on the first few hours of RM you basically can’t buy a spooky game for years because of how long it takes you to make them... my money instead has gone to Stern and JJP. Going forward there is almost no point in a getting a great liscense if supply is going to be so low/slow (you're going to sell em anyways)

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

More testing of layout before a game is final. Both ACNC and RM are almost universally criticized for being too tight/awkward to shoot. I don’t understand why a company wouldn’t gather this feedback before games are made.
    You guys also need to figure out a way to make games much faster. If you missed out on the first few hours of RM you basically can’t buy a spooky game for years because of how long it takes you to make them... my money instead has gone to Stern and JJP. Going forward there is almost no point in a getting a great liscense if supply is going to be so low/slow (you're going to sell em anyways)

My R&M (#258) is shooting well oob - my novice wife rips the spinner and hits the garage (from left and right) with repeatability... maybe play better? adjust the flippers?

Spooky, please keep your limited runs - you sell out and guarantee work for your staff for 18 months.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I suggest you ignore all of these suggestions.

#78 3 years ago

COMPLAINTS:

The fan noise is the worst. I switched the fan on my ACNC, not yet on my R&M.

Incomplete codes too. It's annoying spending 8k on a game and playing on a partial code for months on end. So many bugs in them... both my Spooky games have reset multiple times during games.

SUGGESTIONS:

Include some drop target banks, and if there was something behind them (stand up target, scoop, tunnel, etc) that would be extra cool. It's like changing the structure of the playfield. I always like that kind of stuff.

I don't mind the holding of locked balls, but you guys don't need to do this in every game. TNA, ACNC, R&M... probably costs money to make this happen, and really you don't need to do it imo. Do virtual locks and give us something else with our money, like rail lighting or something.

A friend of mine once suggested having 3 pop bumpers completely enclosed with ball guides and with a trapped ball inside of it, when you hit the trapped ball, it goes crazy in the enclosed space with the pops while at the same time the ball in play is still active. This creates more chaos in a game (especially in multiball) and also allows a game's maker to utilize the number of pops as a target objective. ---- EDIT: Apparently this already exists. I didn't know that.

More modern music pins? Lincoln Park, Sevendust, Korn, etc. Marilyn Manson! You can make that evil and fun.

COMPLIMENTS:

Customer service is top notch. I've had help at all hours of the day, and when I made a mistake and fried a servo board, I was sent a replacement for free. I even asked to pay and she said no! WHAT!? OK fine, customer for life, take my money.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

A friend of mine once suggested having 3 pop bumpers completely enclosed with ball guides and with a trapped ball inside of it, when you hit the trapped ball, it goes crazy in the enclosed space with the pops while at the same time the ball in play is still active.

Like Kiss and DE GnR?

#80 3 years ago

Would like to see bubble levels included on Spooky games. Takes the guesswork out of it a bit.

#81 3 years ago

The bubble levels are never accurate.

Quoted from canea:

Would like to see bubble levels included on Spooky games. Takes the guesswork out of it a bit.

#82 3 years ago

I’m loving my ACNC, and your customer service is fantastic. Since you asked for suggestions on anything, I’ll throw in my suggestion for a future pin from you. Of all the manufacturers out there I think Spooky would do the best job on an Ozzy pin: Bark at the Moon, Ironman, Crazy Train, Blizzard of Oz, etc. Holy shit, you guys could make a killer pin out of that material. Hopefully the licensing wouldn’t be too cost prohibitive for you to do it.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Good to know. Just took them off all my other games.

#84 3 years ago

Suggestion: built-in *accurate* leveling system

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I’m loving my ACNC, and your customer service is fantastic. Since you asked for suggestions on anything, I’ll throw in my suggestion for a future pin from you. Of all the manufacturers out there I think Spooky would do the best job on an Ozzy pin: Bark at the Moon, Ironman, Crazy Train, Blizzard of Oz, etc. Holy shit, you guys could make a killer pin out of that material. Hopefully the licensing wouldn’t be too cost prohibitive for you to do it.

I’ve been thinking Black Sabbath would be a perfect theme for Spooky for a while now. But then I think about Charlie and crew having to deal with Sharon Osborne and I cringe.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Suggestion: built-in *accurate* leveling system

That would be great

#87 3 years ago

A couple people have suggested leveling stuff. Just download the PinGuy app. Free. Works great.

Suggestion: (and I know this ain’t the kind you’re looking for but...) Universal Monsters games. It’s a shame we only got Creature IMO. You guys would kill it. Great fit for the brand.

#88 3 years ago

The suggestion for moving away from servo motors and creating smarter ways to access the upper playfields has my vote too!

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve been thinking Black Sabbath would be a perfect theme for Spooky for a while now. But then I think about Charlie and crew having to deal with Sharon Osborne and I cringe.

Yeah, unfortunately that’s true. And it’s probably the reason why an Ozzy or Sabbath pin will never get made. Dammit!!!!

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

"You think looking at a bubble of air with your caveman eyes is accurate? I'll show you true level!"

BTW I'm sorry for getting Spooky addicted to servos. I have since cleaned up and found Jesus. My penance is all the code I've written to make servos not kill themselves.

#91 3 years ago

I’m not sure what you plan for numbers of units for pins going forward, but assuming it’s 750 or so (unless you ramp up production), don’t stray too far from the horror pins. There is a market for them and, at this point, whatever you do will sell out assuming the number of units remains around 750. For me, I would really like a more hard core horror themed pin and I’m fine if it’s an original title. Nothing wrong with doing other pins like R&M, but always come back to horror now and then.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I would really like a more hard core horror themed pin and I’m fine if it’s an original title. Nothing wrong with doing other pins like R&M, but always come back to horror now and then.

+1. Would love to see a pure horror theme, whether based on a classic movie or an original title. There are so few.

#93 3 years ago

I know movie licensing can be expensive. Build us a Team America! Raunchy theme, great animation, fun PF toys, outstanding callouts. This would make a great game

#94 3 years ago

Mötorhead

#95 3 years ago

dammit this is hard, I was told there would be no math. Umm, if I had to come up with something...

1. While your customer service response in emails is top notch, I think you could be more efficient if you had some sort of website form with a dropdown menu of the issue (so it gets emailed directly to the correct person). I'm assuming if I contact Charlie about some issue that is better handled by Luke, he has to spend the time to forward the email.

2. Spare parts - While I'm pretty sure Spooky would sell you almost any part you need, JJP has a smattering of parts on their website. Even if I didn't NEED something I might consider buying a part if I could see pricing (for instance if I liked a certain ramp that I wanted to use in a homebrew project), or I just want a dominos backglass.

#96 3 years ago

Watching all of this... just so you all know. Taking all of it to heart and adding things to the "things we can do better" list (which is a real actual physical list!).

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the patience and constructive help. More horror games you say huh? Jees I don't know... "Spooky" Pinball doing that?!

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think you could be more efficient if you had some sort of website form with a dropdown menu of the issue (so it gets emailed directly to the correct person).

Maybe even drop down boxes of common problems/fixes found in case something happens during the weekend. Non-common problem could be then directed to email.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I know movie licensing can be expensive. Build us a Team America! Raunchy theme, great animation, fun PF toys, outstanding callouts. This would make a great game

Fu@k yeah !
    See what I did there

#99 3 years ago

Maybe some stand up targets instead of all posts.

and drop targets with shit you have to hit behind them. yeah....more inline drops...and lifting ramps...

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Maybe even drop down boxes of common problems/fixes found in case something happens during the weekend. Non-common problem could be then directed to email.

A basic knowledge base of commonly asked questions and requests is what you're looking for. There are all sorts of ticketing software to pull that off if it isn't in place already at Spooky.

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-suggestion-box/page/2?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.