(Topic ID: 297852)

Spooky Pinball - parts, reliability and longevity ????

By barakawins

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210731_200346 (resized).jpg
    20210731_200133 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Obed_Marsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

AMH and TNA only minor issues. ACNC is another sorry. Game always has something going on!! OMG so painful. Looks
    Good though I can tell you that. Art work basically!

Ya, I love ACNC as a piece of art alone, probably one of the most beautiful pins I've ever seen, both the playfield design and cab, but it's been fairly problematic for me.

It's often been one step forward one back. Had to tweak the Frankenstein servo a good amount to get it to register locked balls, and then also the diverter switch in it. I traced the latter back to the lab lock 2 drop target was sticking causing the diverter not to fire

The magnet worked very well initially and then consistently threw the ball down into the through, throughout the first few code updates I tried some of the suggested adjustments in software to no positive change. I recently updated to the latest software and knock on wood it worked well again a few times. I haven't gotten any additional parts like the commonly used disc, just working with the out of box.

Last and probably most annoying is the scoop vuc has been wildly inconsistent from day 1; sometimes firing to the right flipper, sometimes to the left, and sometimes straight down the middle. This one is especially irritating with how integral it is to to the game.

To be fair I really need to get around to spending some time getting the game dialed in and I haven't reached out to spooky, but out of the box I've never had it all working 100% at any given time. I'm hoping that Halloween is a bit smoother initially, I have an early number preordered

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Obed_Marsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-parts-reliability-and-longevity-?tu=Obed_Marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.