Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by joelreeves
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SpookyBluray_Menu (resized).jpg
SPOOKY_PINBALL_MOVIE_POSTER_generic_RGB_1000x1200 (resized).jpg
IMG_2414 (resized).JPG
TPF_SHOT (resized).jpg
ThingsThatGoBump_Twittercover (resized).jpg
SPOOKY_FAMILY_CHARLIE_KT_BUG_SQUIRREL (resized).JPG
SPOOKY_FAMILY_PINBALL (resized).jpg
CHARLIE_BUG_AMH_LAWRENCES (resized).jpg
DOMINOS_AT_EXPO (resized).jpg
KT_PHONE (resized).png
AMH_150 (resized).jpg
IM_BEN_HECK (resized).jpg
SPOOKY_FAMILY_SVENGOOLIE (resized).JPG
RZ_WHITEWOOD (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

This has been in the works for a bit, but we wanted to let you know that we're hosting a preview screening of "Things That Go Bump In The Night: The Spooky Pinball Story" on Saturday, November 12th in Platteville, Wisconsin - mere minutes away from Spooky Pinball HQ in Benton. The film starts rolling at 1pm and there will be a Q & A afterwards. Charlie said he'd even bring a couple of pins over to the theater for everyone to play! We asked the theater to keep prices down, and they graciously agreed to charge only $3 per ticket.

Day-to-day, my wife and I run our own marketing & multimedia agency, helping small- and medium-sized businesses tell their brand stories through their websites, videos, and other mediums. And while we love what we do for our clients, it's been a long-time dream to film a documentary - we've just been waiting for the right subject and the right time.

When we discovered Spooky Pinball, we knew theirs was the first story we had to tell. The fact that our first documentary happens to focus on a start-up company in the hobby we love is just a bonus. When we approached Charlie and asked him to let us stalk, er, 'film' him and his family for a while, he thought we were crazy. When we told him we'd be financing the project ourselves, he was convinced we were a little nuts.

This film was born from our love of pinball—and of the people and companies that help keep the hobby thriving and fun for all of us. We first got involved with the pinball community when we were living in Atlanta and joined the Atlanta Pinball League. After attending the awesome Louisville Arcade Expo in 2013, we banded together with 3 of our friends and leaguemates (Preston, Patrick, and Shannon) to start Atlanta's own Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo. It was through that event that we met so many great folks around the country who contribute so much to this hobby.

We hope this is just the first of many future documentary projects that we'll produce ... and we hope to see you later this month at the screening!

Saturday, November 12, 2016
Avalon Cinema
95 E Main St, Platteville, WI 53818
(608) 348-5006

You can watch the trailer and sign up for our mailing list here:
http://thingsthatgobumpmovie.com

https://www.facebook.com/thingsthatgobumpmovie

#2 3 years ago

Any projected release date to the public after the preview screening?

#3 3 years ago

Can't travel that far but wishing you good luck with your screening. Watched the trailer and saw pics on your web site and would definitely watch it if I got a chance. Should things go as well as expected and you'd like more exposure, maybe you can get an invite to screen it at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta occurring mid-June.

#4 3 years ago

We hope to be able to bring the film to a few shows around the country. Also, we're attempting to get into a film festival or two.
It's still kind of a new world for us, so we're trying to figure it out as we go.

We definitely want anybody who would like to check out the film to have that chance.

#5 3 years ago

A couple of behind the scenes shots...

RZ_WHITEWOOD (resized).jpg

SPOOKY_FAMILY_SVENGOOLIE (resized).JPG

IM_BEN_HECK (resized).jpg

AMH_150 (resized).jpg

KT_PHONE (resized).png

DOMINOS_AT_EXPO (resized).jpg

CHARLIE_BUG_AMH_LAWRENCES (resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago

Very cool...hope I get the chance to see this someday!

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

We're getting pretty excited to share the film with everybody on Saturday.
This will be the only chance for folks to see it this year and we're expecting a great turnout.

SPOOKY_FAMILY_PINBALL (resized).jpg
SPOOKY_FAMILY_CHARLIE_KT_BUG_SQUIRREL (resized).JPG

ThingsThatGoBump_Twittercover (resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago

Hey All
Just saw the screening of the Spooky Pinball documentary and it was great! Epic story.Very well done.
It was sweet to see such notables as Charlie, KT, Ben Heck, Terry (PBL),Dennis N, Ed V, Bryan Kelly and others on the big screen. I guess you guys that weren't there are just gonna' have to wait till it opens at a theater near you.
Wally

#9 3 years ago

Bummed I couldn't make it to the screening today. Can't wait for the DVD or online release!

#10 3 years ago

Forgot to mention that the "big screen" makes Bryan Kelly look 10 years younger.
Wally

#11 3 years ago

Why can't I rent this on iTunes?

Would love to see it

#12 3 years ago

Will it be available on dvd soon?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Forgot to mention that the "big screen" makes Bryan Kelly look 10 years younger.
Wally

It makes him look 110?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It makes him look 110?

I heard that, asshole!! I would love to have been there but had family matters Saturday. I had to send a couple of my reps (Jesse and Brian) instead.

I would also love to know when it's available for viewing.

#15 3 years ago

I really enjoyed it. I will be looking for a copy of it when it becomes available. Maybe spookycharlie or spookykt can arrange another showing of for the release of Spooky game #3?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

We hope to be able to bring the film to a few shows around the country. Also, we're attempting to get into a film festival or two.
It's still kind of a new world for us, so we're trying to figure it out as we go.
We definitely want anybody who would like to check out the film to have that chance.

Would love to see it of course, but that could be hard on this side of the Atlantic.
May be try to have it aired by Arte (a French-German TV channel). That would be cool. How long is the documentary?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I heard that, a**hole!!

Beware: we should normally moderate profanity... but we have a soft heart with pinsiders above a certain age so we will let this one pass

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Beware: we should normally moderate profanity... but we have a soft heart with pinsiders above a certain age so we will let this one pass

DAMN!! This is a tough crowd.

#19 3 years ago

My wife and I drove down from Madison on Saturday to check this out and it was a blast. The movie was great and it was nice to meet some of the Spooky family and get to play some pinball. As someone whose first pin will be Rob Zombie I couldn't be happier to be buying from such a great company. It was amazing to see all the hard work that went into both this movie and the Spooky Pinball company. I can't wait to pick this up when it hits disc.

#20 3 years ago

show it at MGC!!

#21 3 years ago

In for a physical copy as well when that becomes available. Would be fine with a digital copy if that was the only option. I just want a physical copy because I know how much that bothers benheck

4 months later
#22 2 years ago

We made the long trek to Texas and have the final version of the film in hand!
Can't wait for the show to open tomorrow to get to check out all the goodness TPF has in store.

Hope to see everybody that can make it to the screening on Saturday night at 8pm.
I've heard the post Q&A should be quite informative...

Sidenote: We are working out the details for making the movie available both online and on DVD/BluRay. We'll keep everyone posted!

TPF_SHOT (resized).jpg

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

We made the long trek to Texas and have the final version of the film in hand!
Can't wait for the show to open tomorrow to get to check out all the goodness TPF has in store.
Hope to see everybody that can make it to the screening on Saturday night at 8pm.
I've heard the post Q&A should be quite informative...
Sidenote: We are working out the details for making the movie available both online and on DVD/BluRay. We'll keep everyone posted!

Try Vimeo that what others have used

#24 2 years ago

It's almost time! We hope to see everyone tonight.

IMG_2414 (resized).JPG

#25 2 years ago

Enjoyed the presentation, thanks. I'm a pretty big fan of Spooky, so I knew pretty much the whole story, but seeing it in front of you is better than "just" hearing or reading about it.

The visual of Benton beyond what I have seen on Google Maps was cool.

Benton's town president seems like an awesome dude!

#26 2 years ago

I am totally ready to buy a 8mm, beta, vhs , dvd , vcd , hdvd , blueray , digital copy version of this , whatever just tell me where to send the money . For the record , I would prefer it in dvd format .
Thank you .

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am totally ready to buy a 8mm, beta, vhs , dvd , vcd , hdvd , blueray , digital copy version of this , whatever just tell me where to send the money . For the record , I would prefer it in dvd format .
Thank you .

Thanks, trilogybeer! We are working out details of DVD and BluRay duplication this week, along with video on demand platforms. Should be able to announce at least one or two ways to purchase it this week.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from DanaReeves:

Thanks, trilogybeer! We are working out details of DVD and BluRay duplication this week, along with video on demand platforms. Should be able to announce at least one or two ways to purchase it this week.

Dana, you and Joel did an outstanding job with the film! It was so well done. I look forward to seeing it again. You two remind me so much of Charlie. Simple people doing what they love and you do it quite well.

Can't wait for the next one.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from DanaReeves:

Awesome!

Looking forward to watching this!

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Dana, you and Joel did an outstanding job with the film! It was so well done. I look forward to seeing it again. You two remind me so much of Charlie. Simple people doing what they love and you do it quite well.
Can't wait for the next one.

Bryan - did you just say something nice about Charlie without busting his balls... I'm saving this post ! He still says you're old and drink a lot, you know !
: )

Your appearance at the end of the trailer is still the absolute best - I crack up every time I see it. Just watched it again. 'Spooky Pinball Documentary, what the $%&$@# ?'... You're the best Bryan !

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Your appearance at the end of the trailer is still the absolute best - I crack up every time I see it. Just watched it again. 'Spooky Pinball Documentary, what the $%&$@# ?'... You're the best Bryan !

Sorry, Joe. My favorite was the town president, Steve, explaining how they sold the lot to Charlie and Kayte.

Steve, "We wanted to give them the land for their building but we found out it was against the law, so we sold it to them for a dollar. Haven't collected the dollar yet, though."

You can't make this shit up. Only in Benton WI!!

4 weeks later
#32 2 years ago

One of the extras on the blue ray version.

LTG : )

#33 2 years ago

Lloyd was kind enough to sit down with us to discuss his life in pinball - including his involvement with Jersey Jack Pinball, Planetary Pinball and Pinside - as well as Ben Heck's "Bill Paxton" pinball machine now in the lineup at his SS Billiards.

This interview and other bonus content will be included on the Things That Go Bump in the Night Blu-Ray disc.
If you'd like to stay informed on how you can see the film, please sign up for our email here:

http://thingsthatgobumpmovie.com

#34 2 years ago

Here's the movie poster we came up with. Not sure if I had shared it here yet.

SPOOKY_PINBALL_MOVIE_POSTER_generic_RGB_1000x1200 (resized).jpg

#35 2 years ago

Can't wait to get a copy of this. Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Here's the movie poster we came up with.

Will posters be available ? I love the cow.

LTG : )

3 weeks later
#37 2 years ago

That poster would be very cool to have.

1 month later
#38 2 years ago

This movie will be shown at Pintastic New England on Friday, July 7th.
See http://pintasticnewengland.com/ for more about the show.
.................David Marston

1 month later
#39 2 years ago

We're giving away a Vimeo code for the Spooky documentary tonight on Twitch! Going live at 8 eastern - just follow the channel and be active in the chat room to be eligible to win:

http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I can't wait to get a BLU RAY copy!

Working on the Blu Ray right at the moment. The closed captions don't want to work correctly.
Might have to do without them, unfortunately. Here's the extra features menu with 2 exclusive videos to the Blu ray disc.

SpookyBluray_Menu (resized).jpg

8 months later
#42 1 year ago

Here's a bit more behind the scenes, bonus content from the film's production. We caught Charlie shooting an interview with WISN-TV at MGC 2016.
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International was the new game for Spooky Pinball at that year's show, and Domino's Pinball had yet to come out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lafayette, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside