(Topic ID: 192844)

Spooky Pinball Documentary now available to rent!

By GhostThruster

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rgb635
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8475 (resized).JPG
    PBL_SITE (resized).jpg
    BUMP_BLURAY_COVER (resized).jpg
    IMG_5522 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.15.09 PM (resized).jpg
    SpookyBluray_Menu (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.53.09 PM (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 3.22.45 AM (resized).jpg
    BENTON_PRESIDENT_GARY_MCCREA (resized).jpg
    Still Funny (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 8.01.26 PM (resized).jpg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Cool, I'll try that. Thanks. Did you rent or buy?

You can download to a device in the Vimeo app whether you rent or buy. I just rented it to make sure it worked OK.
    Here is some info about how to do it if you need it:
    https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224818207-Vimeo-iOS-app#how-do-i-add-videos-to-my-device-for-offline-viewing

thanks for supporting the film!

#52 6 years ago

I bought it. Not sure if that matters. I had never used Vimeo before this

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Does anyone know if Vimeo allows for local download of a movie rental?

They have a section on their website dedicated to questions about their service: https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

I bought it. Not sure if that matters. I had never used Vimeo before this

Same here and it played just fine on the Vimeo app on my TV, no buffering issues.

I'll still buy the DVD though so I can loan it to people.

#55 6 years ago

Would an eventual DVD release include any bonus features or just the movie proper?

#56 6 years ago

We're planning on releasing a Blu Ray version with bonus features. Working out what they'll be right now.
    Would you guys be interested in some extra gameplay footage of the Rob Zombie whitewood?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

We're planning on releasing a Blu Ray version with bonus features. Working out what they'll be right now.
    Would you guys be interested in some extra gameplay footage of the Rob Zombie whitewood?

maybe a followup interview? now that AMH and RZ are pretty much done.

#58 6 years ago

Wanted to thank Tommy and Taylor of This Flippin' Podcast for their review of the film. We're really glad you enjoyed it!

To help celebrate their 'Epic' 50th Podcast, we're giving away a Vimeo code for a free copy of the "Things That Go Bump".
    Details to win are revealed in the podcast.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/thisflippinpodcast
    https://www.facebook.com/thisflippinpodcast/

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

You can download to a device in the Vimeo app whether you rent or buy. I just rented it to make sure it worked OK.
    Here is some info about how to do it if you need it:
    https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/224818207-Vimeo-iOS-app#how-do-i-add-videos-to-my-device-for-offline-viewing
    thanks for supporting the film!

Awesome. Thanks Joel. Looking forward to watching it.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Oh yes please.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Yes please. Also the follow up interview now that AMH and RZ are done is a good idea. Can't wait to buy the Bluray.

#62 6 years ago

Watched it today awesome Documentary $5 Australian bargain

#63 6 years ago

Bump. Just because the trailer has Bryan Kelly saying what I was thinking.

Always cool to document history and a great underdog story.

#64 6 years ago

Any update on when the physical copy will be available? Would love to on a bluray when it comes out.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Any update on when the physical copy will be available? Would love to on a bluray when it comes out.

^

#66 6 years ago

Congrats to everyone involved, this was a really inspiring and well done documentary.

Very small error I noticed (I am a big geek) was that the Godzilla movie shown was not "Destroy All Monsters". The movie shown is 1969 "All Monster's Attack" which is sometimes called "Godzilla's Revenge". I know this because the monster he is facing, Gabara, is never found in any other Godzilla movie. The fight scenes are technically a dream of the little boy who is the main character. Gabara shares the name of the school bully. I know, TMI. Really want a spooky Godzilla pinball game...

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Congrats to everyone involved, this was a really inspiring and well done documentary.
    Very small error I noticed (I am a big geek) was that the Godzilla movie shown was not "Destroy All Monsters". The movie shown is 1969 "All Monster's Attack" which is sometimes called "Godzilla's Revenge". I know this because the monster he is facing, Gabara, is never found in any other Godzilla movie. The fight scenes are technically a dream of the little boy who is the main character. Gabara shares the name of the school bully. I know, TMI. Really want a spooky Godzilla pinball game...

Godzilla Bible Adventures!!

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Working on the Blu-Ray right now. Here are the tentative bonus features.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 3.22.45 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2017-07-27 at 3.22.45 AM (resized).jpg

#69 6 years ago

Burning the midnight oil? Lol

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Charlie says much respect sir you are correct!!

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

Godzilla Bible Adventures!!

Oh snap! Don't go giving Ben any ideas!

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyKT:

Charlie says much respect sir you are correct!!

Yep, I got Destroy All Monsters stuck in my head somehow. It's fixed for the Blu-Ray and I'll update the Vimeo file when I have time to render it out overnight. Toho really made a LOT of Godzilla films!

#73 6 years ago

I wish this was on Amazon - I'd hate to sign up for a vimeo account and add my credit card info to watch one thing. For spooky though it might be worth it.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

I wish this was on Amazon - I'd hate to sign up for a vimeo account and add my credit card info to watch one thing. For spooky though it might be worth it.

Working on getting the film on Amazon Video Direct right now. They require having closed captions, which I haven't done before. Hopefully, I'll be able to make an announcement in the next couple of days.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.53.09 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-01 at 3.53.09 PM (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Working on getting the film on Amazon Video Direct right now. They require having closed captions, which I haven't done before. Hopefully, I'll be able to make an announcement in the next couple of days.

Awesome - you have a customer right here - thank you

#76 6 years ago

Bought it and watched it last night. What a wonderful story about genuine people. I hope to own a spooky game one day!

#77 6 years ago

Working on getting the Blu Ray disc finalized. The closed captioning isn't cooperating so it might not be included.
    On a brighter note, the Blu Ray will include 2 exclusive videos. The Rob Zombie Spookshow International whitewood tour and gameplay by Charlie and a more in-depth discussion about how the Domino's game was conceived and executed.

SpookyBluray_Menu (resized).jpgSpookyBluray_Menu (resized).jpg

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

How about iTunes?

#79 6 years ago

Looks like it's available on Amazon to rent or buy. Awesome!

#81 6 years ago

Wow, you guys are quick! Yep, it's up on Amazon now - with Closed Captions. They worked surprisingly well when I was watching it last night to test it out. Thanks again to everybody that's helped support the film!

http://a.co/emP5ij8

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.15.09 PM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.15.09 PM (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago

I watched it and enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

#83 6 years ago

Does Spooky get more money if we buy? I hope so! I bought it with that intent A great watch. I'm going to encourage my wife to watch it also. Seeing a family make pinballs might help her appreciate my crazy hobby a little more.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

Does Spooky get more money if we buy? I hope so! I bought it with that intent A great watch. I'm going to encourage my wife to watch it also. Seeing a family make pinballs might help her appreciate my crazy hobby a little more.

Very glad you enjoyed the film! Dana and I are not a part of Spooky Pinball. We ARE big fans of their podcast and the way they do business, however. When the idea for doing this film struck me back in June 2015, everything you read about pinball companies on Pinside seemed like bad news. I thought Spooky's story was incredible and really deserved to be told.

We weren't 100% sure if we could pull off a full length film. I wasn't sure I had the skill to do it, having never worked on a project like this. We didn't announce the film during the first year of working on it, in case it crashed and burned and I couldn't get it together. It wasn't made to make money. I just felt like I HAD to do it and I'd be kicking myself if I didn't at least give it a shot. It DID take quite a bit of convincing. "Why would anybody want to make a movie about us??", we heard more than once.

We're incredibly grateful to Chuck and Kayte and everyone that lent a hand in bringing this movie to life. Their dream was to build pinball machines, ours was to make a film - Team Spooky helped make that a reality and we can't thank them enough.

#85 6 years ago

Good movie! Success story well told.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

We weren't 100% sure if we could pull off a full length film. I wasn't sure I had the skill to do it, having never worked on a project like this. We didn't announce the film during the first year of working on it, in case it crashed and burned and I couldn't get it together.

Maximum respect for doing this old school and bootstrapping your way to the goal, instead of the usual collecting money at the start and sad excuses for why it's taking forever while you blow through the money. Just like the respect Spooky earned.

I wonder if there's a way for you to do some sort of "reverse Kickstarter" where you could put some "value added" packages together for sale, for higher price, for those of us who want to support this and you.

Maybe it's too late this time 'round, but something to consider for a future project.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Wow, you guys are quick! Yep, it's up on Amazon now - with Closed Captions. They worked surprisingly well when I was watching it last night to test it out. Thanks again to everybody that's helped support the film!
    http://a.co/emP5ij8

Thank You , Thank You , Thank You for getting this on Amazon! I just bought it and added it to my watchlist. I dont have time to watch it tonight but will watch it this Friday night with my family as that is the night we try to get together as a family and watch movies. Can't wait!

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Thank You , Thank You , Thank You for getting this on Amazon! I just bought it and added it to my watchlist. I dont have time to watch it tonight but will watch it this Friday night with my family as that is the night we try to get together as a family and watch movies. Can't wait!

Ok, awesome! Hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

#89 6 years ago

Not possible to watch via Amazon in Germany

#90 6 years ago

Spooky makes great pinball games. I hate I sold my RZ LE a couple months ago. But at least today I got The jetsons. That makes up for it. The documentary was fun too. The american dream. Good for them.

IMG_5522 (resized).jpgIMG_5522 (resized).jpg

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinslot:

Not possible to watch via Amazon in Germany

Thanks very much for letting us know. I sent a question in to Amazon support. I will try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

#92 6 years ago

I watched the documentary this morning on Amazon. It was fantastically done. Thank you for the hard work that went into that.

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Thanks very much for letting us know. I sent a question in to Amazon support. I will try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Working on getting the Blu Ray disc finalized. The closed captioning isn't cooperating so it might not be included.

Nooooooooo!

But at least the captions were on Amazon (which was a big help to me). Great work on your documentary. Charlie and Family/Company answered a bunch of ?s didn't get a chance to ask during my all too brief visit to Benton (and a few I did ask too).

Will def get a copy of the DVD if there are captions... if not, oh well!

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

On a brighter note, the Blu Ray will include 2 exclusive videos.

What?!

No "alternate ending" with a cautionary "what if Spooky did not go to Texas?" showing Charlie living in a box under a bridge and only emerging at night as "The Phantom of Pinball" (or some equally pinball inspired monster)!

Glad it all worked out, but that might be kind of funny if done tastefully and obviously tongue-in-cheek (like the alternate 'My Name is Earl' where he goes bad instead of good after winning the lottery).

#96 6 years ago

Just streamed it on Amazon and thought it was well done, interesting, and I learned a lot I didn't know before. Kinda makes me want to move to Benton. I grew up in a small town here in California much like that, but sadly it's nothing like that today.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Nooooooooo!
    But at least the captions were on Amazon (which was a big help to me). Great work on your documentary. Charlie and Family/Company answered a bunch of ?s didn't get a chance to ask during my all too brief visit to Benton (and a few I did ask too).
    Will def get a copy of the DVD if there are captions... if not, oh well!

Sorry again about the CC's. I've tried five different ways to get it to work and it won't cooperate. But, glad they're on Amazon if needed.
    I just need to get these Blu Rays out the door before folks completely lose interest. ; )

Very glad you and danisme enjoyed the film. I've heard several people react that they'd like to move to Benton.
    I hear housing can be a little hard to come by, but i think they're opening a new division near Spooky HQ.

#98 6 years ago

Bought the documentary on Vimeo and watched it yesterday.
    I really enjoyed it. A great documentary about a true success story. Positive and inspiring!

Constructive criticism (for the next movie!) would be that sound, lighting and some of the post work could do with a bit more love, but for a first full-length effort it is very well done!

All in all, highly recommended. Thanks for creating it!

#99 6 years ago

I watched it with my wife, it was a touching, honest and very interesting documentary. The spooky family have a huge amount to be proud of. Looking forward to part 2 in a few years...

Neil.

#100 6 years ago

Rented this on Amazon over the weekend. Fun & inspiring subject!! Makes me feel even better about my TNA pre-order, as I'm glad to help support this family owned & operated growing business!

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-documentary-now-available-to-rent/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.