Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Halloween has always been a dream title for me, along with Friday the 13th. Anyway, when Halloween was announced and all 3 editions were shown, I was happy to call my distributor and get a spot for a standard edition. For me, a CE is a waste. I do not like toppers. Anyway, at Midwest Gaming Classic last fall, Spooky had a table with 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman, both CE's. I played both and really liked Halloween. So I asked the rep(1 of 2) at the table when the standards were going to be out? He laughed at me and asked why would I buy a standard and that the standards were very far away because they have sold very few of them. That was an odd answer, but I just said OK and walked away.

Over the winter, I had the opportunity to buy a Blood Sucker's Edition spot in line for $500 and I jumped on it thinking I would get my game sooner. Now fast forward to MGC a couple of months ago and the Spooky table was now there with 3 or 4 people and the were a bunch of Halloweens and Ultramans. I went to the table again and the same prick who laughed at me last time laughed at me again AND gave the same answer, they were going to be a while because they have sold hardly any Blood Sucker editions. WTF? You said the same about the standards.

So here I am again looking over the marketplace here on Pinside and starting to see Halloween CE's in the low $7K range and here I am waiting for a machine to be built by a small pinball company that has a rep that thinks it's OK to laugh at or in front of their customers asking about delivery times.

Quite frankly I am thinking of just buying one of these slightly used ones and giving Spooky the big middle finger.

#2 1 year ago

The Spooky guys I've met at multiple shows are good people. The support they provide is outstanding. I'm not sure they were trying to be a dick to you with that answer. Buy a CE and sell your spot in the marketplace. Plenty of folks have done it. Good luck.

#3 1 year ago

You are almost at the finish line. The BSE's should start rolling out in the next couple months. I am in about the same boat as you. I didn't like the gold trim on the CE and I can't fit toppers, so I opted for the BSE thinking I'd be somewhere in the middle of the pack. But whether by market demand or design, 90%+ of the pre orders ended up being for CE's. Of course, this put my order at the very back of the line and I was locked in. The good news is that by the time I get my game, the code may actually resemble something most new pins would ship with. The code was extremely rough for a while there. If you still want the game, I would personally stick with the BSE after waiting all this time. All of these games are taking a hit, so no point in taking a hit on both an SE and now a BSE too just to buy a second hand CE if it's not really what you want.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Halloween has always been a dream title for me, along with Friday the 13th. Anyway, when Halloween was announced and all 3 editions were shown, I was happy to call my distributor and get a spot for a standard edition. For me, a CE is a waste. I do not like toppers. Anyway, at Midwest Gaming Classic last fall, Spooky had a table with 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman, both CE's. I played both and really liked Halloween. So I asked the rep(1 of 2) at the table when the standards were going to be out? He laughed at me and asked why would I buy a standard and that the standards were very far away because they have sold very few of them. That was an odd answer, but I just said OK and walked away.
Over the winter, I had the opportunity to buy a Blood Sucker's Edition spot in line for $500 and I jumped on it thinking I would get my game sooner. Now fast forward to MGC a couple of months ago and the Spooky table was now there with 3 or 4 people and the were a bunch of Halloweens and Ultramans. I went to the table again and the same prick who laughed at me last time laughed at me again AND gave the same answer, they were going to be a while because they have sold hardly any Blood Sucker editions. WTF? You said the same about the standards.
So here I am again looking over the marketplace here on Pinside and starting to see Halloween CE's in the low $7K range and here I am waiting for a machine to be built by a small pinball company that has a rep that thinks it's OK to laugh at or in front of their customers asking about delivery times.
Quite frankly I am thinking of just buying one of these slightly used ones and giving Spooky the big middle finger. I am willing to sell my Blood Suckers position for $400.

Do you know who you were speaking to or what the person looked like? This doesn't sound typical of any of our people!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Over the winter, I had the opportunity to buy a Blood Sucker's Edition spot in line for $500 and I jumped on it thinking I would get my game sooner.

I think they are still kind of on schedule aren't they?
But yeah buying a machine when you don't know when it will built can be frustrating. It's also on you.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I am willing to sell my Blood Suckers position for $400.

Well let me be the newest person to laugh in your face. GOOD LUCK WITH ALLLLL THAT!

I kid.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Do you know who you were speaking to or what the person looked like? This doesn't sound typical of any of our people!

I don't have pictures but......if you know who was there in Fall and who was there in Spring, it wouldn't be too hard to deduce which one of your guys it was. Off the top of my head, younger, lanky, shorter brown hair? No, not Danesi either.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't have pictures but......if you know who was there in Fall and who was there in Spring, it wouldn't be too hard to deduce which one of your guys it was. Off the top of my head, younger, lanky, shorter brown hair? No, not Danesi either.

hmmm that bugs me...can't figure out who that would be.....

#8 1 year ago

No way I believe a Spooky employee was laughing at your purchase choice.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No way I believe a Spooky employee was laughing at your purchase choice.

Well laughing can be perceived more than one way.

#10 1 year ago

I wasn't at the first MGC, but I'm sorry if anything one of our staff members said came across as rude. I really doubt it was intentional or directed at your decision to purchase a SE or BSE. The vast majority of the games sold were CEs, so that package is certainly taking up the majority of the build window. We build our higher end models first so, the larger order of CEs means a longer wait for those that ordered a SE and BSE. That said, we are still on pace to exceed our goal of an 18-month build window. We should be wrapping up CEs soon and the BSEs will be on the line next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-amp-mgc-halloween-standard-amp-blood-suckers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.