Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wpt_before_after.png
amhComp.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

i recently ran into an issue with my AMH and contacted spooky tech support at 830pm West coast time
Charlie was on the ball and replied at 845pm with some advice. Over the next thirty minutes we diagnosed the problem and Charlie said he would mail the replacement part out the next day.

Ridiculously awesome support,
Thanks Spooky!

#4 9 years ago

Forgot to mention I emailed them 1030 pm (their time) on a SUNDAY

#8 9 years ago

The door by the ghost had a servo motor that wasn't working properly

#10 9 years ago

Games awesome,
Needs minor code fixes but they're in the works
The modes are creative with some neat scoring features

The toys are great too.

I love the humor in it
I still get a healthy chuckle when playing it

The lighting is the biggest drawback as far as the design but there's an aftermarket kit that makes a literally night and day difference that I highly recommend.

Probably going to keep this one for awhile

If you find yourself in Portland lmk we can jam some games when the new part comes.

Quoted from Peppers:

Side question, how do you like your game so far? Or should I start a new thread on that?

#12 9 years ago

Ask Charlie from SPM he's on the fence about getting one
Just needs a friendly push

#15 9 years ago

www.pinballbulbs.com

I don't see it listed but it's available if you pm or email them

#17 9 years ago

Yes it's badass

image.jpgimage.jpg
#21 9 years ago

Try the light kit

The extra light created by strips and spotlights really dim the side factory strips IMO

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You know... that really irks me a bit. I know it's from the kit provider, not you but...
How is that even a fair comparison shot. You're not even going to try and tell me that ALL the inserts were lit in the 'factory' shot provided there.

I agree with you the comparison is biased
But you do get scale of the difference it makes
The difference is huge imo of course

2 months later
#44 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi Pdxmonkey,
I do not have a horse in this race, so this is just an honest line of questioning (not trying to stir the proverbial pot).
I couldn't help but notice that the first image in the comparison shot doesn't have many inserts lit, while the second image has seemingly all of them lit. I'm not saying the new lighting kit doesn't beef-up the visibility (as a matter of fact, it really looks great), but I'm wondering if the increased number of lit inserts also helps to even-out the lighting a bit. It would have been nice to see a little more of a direct comparison in that respect (although I know it's too late now, as you're not going to retrofit your game with the old lighting at this point). ...just pondering out loud.
Regardless, I love hearing all these stories of happy customers for Charlie, Ben, and all of Spooky. Great work guys.
A regular podcast listener,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

amhComp.jpg 216 KB

Hi
just to clarify I didn't take that picture it was pinballbulbs.
In hindsight every agreed that the photo was unfair to compare the two but you do get an idea of how well the kit lights up the PF in a dark room.
If you've seen AMH the game is dark stock.

I do like the idea of moving one of the light strips from the backbox and adding it to the back of the PF one pinsider thought up. The color changing aspect is really cool doing it that way.

#46 9 years ago

To be fair though just moving the light strip only covers the back of the PF

Adding the extra spots and apron light strip was big imo
The game seriously glows

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-a-service?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.