Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 152 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (3 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (1 year ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (1 year ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#314 2 years ago

I was at spooky pinball today to pick up my Rob Zombie game and Charlie told me a few things about Meatloaf .

3 months later
#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I played TOTAL ANNIHILATION at Expo and if Spooky built it I would definitely buy it. This game is awesome.

If you liked it at expo , you will like it even more now . Scott has done so much with the code since expo . He did not have the smart drop targets in at expo , these are so awesome! Rules are getting really good . If Total Annihilation does get produced I will buy one .

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

That Total Annihlation is awesome, I'd be interested in one if they were ever produced.
However, didn't Charlie hint in one of the more recent Spooky podcasts that the third game was a license and would be announced when the license owner was ready? To me, that suggests cross marketing for something like a movie. I suppose it could be Elvira, but I doubt it.

Yes he did , I think he also said that Ben Heck is working on number 4 for spooky . I think if it would work out for Spooky to make Total Annihilation I think it would be further down the road . Maybe it could be considered a contract game since it wasn't developed in house at Spooky . It would be an expensive game to produce as it sits right now though . What Scott has put into this game is insane . Just a quick look under the playfield and you will realize that this game is no where near as simple as it may appear at first . If it gets produced I will buy one , Scott Danesi is awesome and so is Total Annihilation!

20170303_202834 (resized).jpg

#439 2 years ago

I would also like to add that although the underside of the playfield is completely packed full of awesomeness , it is not a rat's nest off wires . It is all very tidy and the wiring is all very well done and bundled nicely .

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry to ask but what is total annihilation?

Scott Danesi's homebrew game . It is awesome!
www.scottdanesi.com

1 week later
#479 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Maybe it's Nikola Tesla's Shocking Pinball Adventure, complete with tesla coil wired into the flipper buttons to punish you for missing shots.

That would be cool , Ben Heck was working on a Tesla v Edison game a few years ago . He was working on it around the same time he started AMH ,Last I heard he had abandoned the project .

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Can so tell what was the selling price of AMH or RZ, just to get an idea of what would be the spooky #3 price?
For European customer, is there an European distributor or need to order it to Pinballstar?
Thanks

Game 3 will be $6,250 , I think Pinballstar is the only distributor other than spooky themselves .

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes she is almost 3. You gotta love Paw Patrol or you won't survive it.

I have got a daughter that just turned five , she loves paw patrol . I would probably have to buy one if it was made . She had me ask spooky if they would make a minnie mouse pinball machine . I asked and I am absolutely sure that game #3 is not minnie mouse .

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Absolutely. I was in on RZ despite the terrible pf layout and then I saw the atrocious pf and plastic art! I was out immediately after seeing it.

To each their own , I really like the playfield art . Game play on RZ is fantastic , it's all I've been really playing since I got mine in December . Can't wait to play an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle .

1 week later
#879 2 years ago

Their website says complete game package will be shown this summer and start shipping in fall
http://www.spookypinball.com/

9 months later
#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

My concern is more with the limited nature of the game.

Licenses typically come with timeframes , Spooky is making sure they can produce a set number of games within the timeframe allowed by the license holder .

1 month later
#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Alice Cooper and really want to buy this game and support Spooky, but after watching the video, I am concerned about flow. There appears to be a lot of stop and go?? Could anyone who played it provide some feedback on this. I personally like fast, furious, brutal games........like TNA. The video of ACNC reminded me of Simpson’s Pinball Party game play, a game in which I hated.

Best if you play it for yourself , you'll be the best judge of weather or not the game is to your liking .I realize you most likely will not have a chance to play it before Spooky starts taking deposits , but you don't have to get in right away , just wait .I have played AC and don't think it is anything like simpsons pinball party . I also don't care for simpsons but like AC from what I have played so far . As far as fast furious and brutal almost everything will seem like a step or two down when compared to TNA .

#1932 1 year ago

Spooky had 2 different powder colors on the 2 ACNCs in Texas , it is my understanding that they are still deciding what color powder will be on the game . That blue color on the game Charlie posted pics lf looks pretty good . The other one had the gray like on Rob Zombie , that also looked pretty good . I am not sure which I prefer yet , maybe they will come up with something else .

#1945 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

how did you get the email blast?

Previous Spooky customers get the email .

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How much is the knocker and shaker? That price is just install.

knocker is $34.95
shaker is $99.95
from pinballlife.com

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Tell me why someone should spend an extra grand on cleared decals when they are most likely going to have a game on each side and not be able to see the artwork. ? Not sure about Operators , as they k ow they will get abused in the bar . Not knocking by any means . I am happy to see new games coming out.

Not cleared decals , artwork is printed directly to the cabinet then cleared . It is really only for people that want something extra special .The colors really do look great on the butter versions of spooky games and having a cabinet that looks like glass is cool , nice option for those willing to spend more for an upgrade . In the email this option is called "Most ridiculous thing with a crazy price tag you absolutely don't need" and for the record spooky's decals are very nice , but when you see ACNC in butter version it sure does look very nice .

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I can't find a pic of the "regular" armor so I can compare to the blue.

It's the same as Rob Zombie, silver vein powder . It looks really nice and works well with the artwork on the ACNC cabinet as well .Heres a pic of the lockdown on my RZ , I'm sure you wanted to see a complete pic of this style powder on the ACNC game but I hope this pic helps a little .

20180324_203226 (resized).jpg

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Maybe I should explain where I am confused:

Got it - I am on the east coast and I order at 9:00 am on 3/26/18. I am good on that is tomorrow

Got it - If 100 existing customers order on 3/26 and I was the 2nd non-exsisting customer to order then I would be game 102.

Got it - doesn't matter if I order from a distributor.

Confused - I was number 102 from above and now they are ready to produce game 102 but 50 new spooky customers have decided to buy the game since I was number 102. Am I now 152 or still 102? After tomorrow do I get assigned a game number for do I just stay in limbo until they figure out how many previous owners buy the game.

got it - don't call

Once you are given your number that is your number . If you are given the number 102 you won't be bumped to 152.

1 week later
#2314 1 year ago

20180329_214640 (resized).jpg

#2316 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Take my money!

Thank you! They will be available at pinballlife.com in the near future .

1 week later
#2486 1 year ago

The inner left loop is a tight shot but I had it pretty dialed in after playing a decent amount of games at mgc . Love the ghostly scream sound it makes when it shoots the ball from the left scoop . Rules so far are really cool , as Neo stated you work your way through the castle .Once you start no turning back you work your way to the top and battle the monster you've selected if you missed something along the way the monster will be tougher .

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

OK, so you're completely dodging the issue of crappy callouts. The callouts as they are now sound very amateurish and home made. Code is great, but won't fix this.

766 custom callouts , what has been heard so far is just a small fraction of the dialog from alice . Game is still in it's early stages . I don't think any of those online videos show much more than the begining of the game .

Quoted from GhostThruster:Could also mean that not all of the callouts are at that level. Perhaps the farther you get into the game and the higher your score gets, the more animated they become.

I am thinking the same thing.

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Any word on game numbers and when they will actually start building these?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong , but I believe it was said Spooky plans to start production sometime in July? I do know they did say once production starts the plan is to have all 500 built in 18 months .

#2641 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

They had told me June at TPF, but that may have slipped a month.

It looks as though you are correct . I just went and checked my initial email about this game and it does say their goal is to have some of the first games shipping by June . I have not heard anything to suggest that they have changed that goal .

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

All correspondence I've seen so far has been June, haven't seen anything yet that's said July

Yep sorry , after checking my email again June was the target start . Sorry for the confusion ,June is just around the corner looks like we'll all know more soon .

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

In anticipation of receiving this masterpiece, what tools/supplies should I go ahead and purchase as this will be my first pin (I have basic hand tools and soldering equipment).

Basic tools to get the legs on and head bolt in.
A switch adjustment tool is a good thing to have around .
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

What about cleaning? Any must have books/guides on troubleshooting/repair?

Plenty of knowledge here on pinside as to cleaning , troubleshooting and repair . Spooky's tech support is awesome too, don't be afraid to contact them if you have an issue you can't resolve .

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

welp im heading to allentown to pick up a Future spa ive been searching for. Guess a little added perk to the trip will be playing some ACNC. Uggh to hold back temptation is going to be hard. The gf is going to be pissed if i pull the trigger on another machine.
So you guys think if i do pull the trigger at this point. It would easily be 10-12 months until my machine would be built?

I would think closer to 16 months at this point . If you want more time to put money aside for this game you could ask for a later number and have more time before your game would be ready .

1 month later
#3066 1 year ago

Awesome! "the doctor is in " is my favorite after listening to this , but that may change I'll have to see how they tie into the gameplay . Can't wait to put some more time in on this game .

#3071 1 year ago

The custom pingulps I painted for this game are also now available at pinball life.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5160

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Thanks for the kind words about the film. We were thrilled when Charlie and KT agreed to let us shoot it, and tried to do justice to a company and family that we love and respect a whole heckuva lot.
If anybody is looking to watch it...
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4726 (bluray)
http://a.co/dm3Nr7T (Amazon stream)
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/spookypinballmovie

When are you making part 2 , the Scott Danesi Total Nuclear Annihilation story ?

1 week later
#3176 1 year ago

I am going to get the standard powder coat trim for mine . It'll look great next to my Rob Zombie ... Well so would the blue .. dammit . Ok I am sticking with the silver vein ... maybe .

1 week later
#3201 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

True and I hate to sound like the debbie downer but I'm not sure I've seen a new pinball ship like this recently where there was no professional/not cellphone only video of the machine to hype it. I just wonder what could have been here b/c that media blitz that was expected seems to have been forgotten. I understand it still could be coming but games are being packed into boxes....I'm not sure what the gameplan is....

As far as I know the gameplan is to build and ship games , 18 months start to finish on Alice Cooper ( this is the start ) :applause:Spooky has done a good job of shipping games within or very close to the timeframe they have set . I for one am very ecxited to put more time in on this game and am looking forward to playing it at my house . A game boxed up and shipping out is a super awesome pic for me ( one game closer to mine)

3 weeks later
#3385 1 year ago

Did Alice do any LIONMAN callouts for this game ????

#3396 1 year ago

Someone should seriously market pinball suspenders , I know a few people that have lost their pants while playing pinball .

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Like this guy trilogybeer

Yep, and I still won that dollar game ,despite the efforts of another player to ruin my good round .

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody have a butter and no butter pic comparing RZ cabinets? Gotta see what I missed out on and consider swapping my game into. Spooky do you have a cabinet exchange service?

I do not have pics but the RZ cabinet in butter looks awesome !

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Butter wasn’t an option on RZ, but I think they may have done it for the one-off custom no. 300 that they auctioned off for charity.

Not an option , but the people that helped with the production of the game got theirs in butter as a thank you from spooky . I have seen a few .

Quoted from dnapac:

We’re you "300"? If so, cool. I asked if I could get #500 ACNC, but was told they auction off the last one for charity. Very cool of Spooky.

I did not get "300" , But I did make the custom one of a kind pingulp that went with "300" .

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

lets see how far I can get with another constructive recommendation before getting trashed.

I think you get met with opposition because you seem to think your views are absolute facts when they are not . You also seem to be very condescending with some of your posts , so does Whysnow which is the reason I assume you two go after each other on a regular basis . You have some ideas that in your opinion would make this game better , that is fine but it is only your opinion and others will not agree with you which is also fine . I have played the game , I like the game , I am buying the game .I do not agree with your idea to replace the posts with skinny stand up targets . I do not think this is something spooky should do . You also seem to want the game lit up more , another idea that I personally do not like , I do not need my game so bright that it can be seen from space . But a little tour of the factory before Jack Danger plays the game , This is not a bad idea . Maybe they'll do that , maybe they won't , doesn't really matter for me I've been there but I'm sure this is something others would like to see .

#3564 1 year ago

The monster modes are coming along nicely , lot's of improvements since the last time I played it . The animations look fantastic and I saw quite a few I have not seen before .

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

After watching the latest Twitch stream, I am still Ok with my preorder. It looked that players got better with the tight shots as they put more games on the machine. I also learned a ton about the rules.
Game is still pretty glitchy, but looks like a blast to play. Charlie and Co will work those out way before I get mine.

From my experience with game this is true , shots were tough at first but once you get in a groove and figure them out and it flows nicely . It is not an easy game and missed shots won’t be rewarded , just the way I like it .

#3709 1 year ago
Quoted from fantarama:

so, at the DeadFlip broadcast there was a moment that the playfield got darker, like it always looked on other pictures and videos before, and Jack adjusted something on the top and the light/life came back to the art... as shown in the attached picture.
I was pretty confused I have to say... since the begining, because the art looked pretty different, like way more colorful that anything seen before, and you go figure!, at that moment in which the illusion was exposed.
now looking at the iepinball video it becomes apparent again... althought in both videos we can see the wireform shadows in the playfield, but the DeadFlip is bluer.
I really have to ask, did you guys actually used a blue light in the DeadFlip stream?
[quoted image]

Different lighting and different cameras will produce different images . Also the GI in the game changes color . But go ahead and start a conspiracy theory , the internet loves that shit .

#3712 1 year ago
Quoted from fantarama:

well, as I said... in the live stream, the look of the game went back to normal for a moment before Jack adjusted something on top of it and the color came back to it. there's that. and to say what I'm talking about is GI is plain silly. it's not.
not a conspiracy theory, just asking... yisus!, no need to get defensive.

To compare two different streams using different lighting situations and different cameras (set up differently) is also just plain silly . When You use the word “illusion “ you imply that there is some sort of trickery being used by the presenter to fool the Viewer . I am not getting defensive I am merely trying to point out why the streams may look different ( instead of jumping to conclusions).

1 week later
#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I received an email this week that said mine would be built in the next couple of weeks (#14). So production looks like it’s spinning up!
FYI - speaker light kits will be a new option available at order time for $95. They’ve been offering these for a while on TNA.

Seems as though the speaker kits can have powder coat to match the trim powder you choose .

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Coin door in matching PC would be cool, IMO.
I've been asking for info on the hardware PC options, including the blue... zero pics for the purpose of displaying this, zero feedback to date, and they are starting to ship. BIZARRE!

Powder coating options are silver vein (standard) or scary blue (for $125 more .Coin doors are a stock item for spooky , they are a complete unit when spooky gets them . I understand why Spooky would not want to put time and resources into disassembling, stripping, powder coating and re assembling coin doors . With the size of their workforce and numbers of games they produce Doing something like this for a few games would slow production down and lose money for them ( even if they charged quite a bit more for a matching powder coin door .)

1 week later
#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Are any games in non route holders yet? It looks like all the first games are all on location. Would love to hear a review from somebody with a game in their home. You can judge music, callouts, and game play better that way IMO...

I am pretty excited to play this game at home also . Playing games on route is fun and games are showing up at really cool locations but I do hear games much better at home .Well done sound and call outs can really make the whole experience better.
My game should be done soon so I will get a chance for home play in the near future . I hope anyone on the fence about getting one these has a chance to check it out and play it so they can decide if the game is what they are looking for . Anyone in my area should not be afraid to pm me and ask if they can check this game out sometime after I get mine .

#3886 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Chicago Expo is right around the corner. If you've never been, you should def check it out, at least once. Byob + 24 hr pinball with 100+ machines. It's like heaven. For alcoholic nerds.

F’n A .

3 weeks later
#4097 1 year ago

Flip phones are better ,cheaper , easier to answer , way less (if any ) butt dialing, not always wanting to be updated , less distraction . Smart phones are pretty much a huge waste of money, but hey it’s what the kids are into these days.

#4098 1 year ago

I have a smart phone .

1 month later
#4301 11 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

My machine #9 with every option ships Monday. I’ll post a ton of pics and video for you.

I thought I was #9 , I must have heard wrong (my hearing is not so great)Doesn’t matter , Kayte told me at the pinball life open house that mine was going on the line that week after expo. So mine went on line this past week ,I should be getting mine soon as well.

1 week later
#4389 11 months ago

it was my machine at expo, and I still havent set it back up since coming home. If anyone wants to come to central Illinois and help me set it up, you can give all the tries you want.

I put about $10 into it at expo , thank you for bringing your game. And thank you for donating the money it brought in to help people.

#4469 11 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

All I am kind of torn here... I have a spot coming up that should have been here already... well now I have mbr le I think I want and no room.... for those who have played what would you take TODAY ACNC or MBRle?

Tough choice MB is a proven classic ,a great game , And I have really enjoyed the numerous times I have gotten to play ACNC. But given those 2 options Today I would have to take ACNC , Although I really enjoy playing MB I have also done about all that it has to offer numerous times .Even though MB is still very fun to play I would take ACNC because it is new and I have barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer .

#4472 11 months ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Serious question. Is anybody here buying the game for the awesome horror/halloween theme and gameplay and NOT a fan of Alice Coopers music?

That would be me , I am buying it because I like the gameplay . I do not own a single Alice Cooper album , not that I don’t like his music (just never really listened to it much ) Funny thing is since I enjoy this game I have been looking more into his music . The same thing happened to me with Star Trek the Next Generation, never saw the show but really liked the pin so I started watching the show and I enjoy it.

1 month later
#4704 10 months ago

Scott Danesi did coding on TNA and has done all the updates for TNA . He is working on a second game for Spooky .

3 weeks later
#4817 9 months ago

Picked mine up yesterday!! Game is awesome! Jeremy (cavalier88z24) helped get it in the basement and set it up and we got a decent amount of plays on it . I have played (but not beaten)all the monster modes now . So far my favorite is insects GI lighting looks cool during this mode (greenish ) , I also like the song for this mode . objective is to squash ten bugs , bugs are the lit shots and they change as you hit them .

958D3BB2-DAFA-4395-8018-6DAE7A05332B (resized).jpeg
#4820 9 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Congrats! What number are you?

My game is number 10 . Later numbers have went out also . Looked like Spooky was getting very close to switch over to Alice Cooper and I think we’ll start seeing more of these delivered soon.Been playing the crap out of it today .It has come a long way since I first played at TPF . This was my best score so far .

D7A3F3DF-8CF6-4BBA-9EBA-7EC7820F71A9 (resized).jpeg
#4821 9 months ago

Vampire is the easiest monster for me to defeat . Three hits on the stand up target on the upper playfield , then left and right orbits become jackpots .

#4835 9 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

It’s a map of the castle rooms you’re navigating to find the monsters.

I just wanted to expand upon this answer . Left orbit navigates to the left of that map , right orbit to the right . Here’s a pic of that map at the start of a ball I hit left orbit to start , it shows that my next shot can be either the left or right orbit to progress (both orbits also lit on playfield ) but If my next shot is left again my only option to progress would be right at that point , unless I open the secret passage . Secret passage is opened by hitting the stand up targets that change monster once you’ve already started a search for a monster , meaning you must first hit left or right orbit to start the search . Secret passage is three hits to those stand ups and then the inner orbit just to the right of the left ramp , secret passage takes you directly to the monster .

A416B8D0-69EE-4FE1-985F-9022DA6D8057 (resized).jpeg
#4836 9 months ago

Here is another pic at the start of a ball, here I can only go left (or secret passage) to reach the monster . Red X is my location

1F66BD0F-0AD8-4556-B3B4-0E8ECB8E714B (resized).jpeg
#4837 9 months ago

Insects mode , once you squash ten bugs you then battle the insect creature .

#4865 9 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mb? You mean walking dead?

No , he meant monster bash . You collect items and they help you with the monsters they are associated with for example garlic cloves help with Dracula . If you have collected an item you can press the launch button when in a monster mode and it counts as a shot .

#4873 9 months ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Has anyone seen/developed any mods for ACNC yet? I know it's early but usually a few mods start making their way into the world.

The pingulps I have done are available ate pinball life .
https://www.pinballlife.com/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-pingulp-beverage-caddy.html

#4876 9 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

I really like these customs ones you have done, but I wish they were done on the pingulps that slide-off easily. Maybe that mug-slot is getting in the way? I don't like that feature at all.

Yeah I haven’t figured out a good way to paint those , the close out piece for the mug handle slot and the way the pingulp slides onto the mounting bracket are the issue .

#4882 8 months ago

I shot a video myself on my phone of me defeating the vampire . I cradled the ball on the upper playfield and grabbed my phone to record it so the video is not good but it does show the cool animation for the defeat of the vampire .
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=JVQ1TvnCT0s

1 week later
#4928 8 months ago

Just defeated 4 monsters in one game !

DB9CE17D-F1BF-41A6-8E03-716A8FEB05F2 (resized).jpeg
#4930 8 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Not to throw doubt on your comment, but your score ends in a 3. You may have played 4 monsters...but one is still out there.
That is one heck of a score!

Ha! Yeah , I think you are correct , seems logical that the score would work like that . I actually played 5 monsters ,I know for sure I did not defeat the vampire, and yeah I must have missed on one of the others as well (probably Frankenstein’s monster) I know I did very well against Alice Cooper earning ,around 76 million for defeating him . I also noticed I had an extra ball lit on the upper playfield , but failed to get it :oops:I assume I lit that when I defeated the third monster .

#4936 8 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Doug you put together a rulesheet/strategy guide for this yet? WHY NOT?
I am DEF gonna need one handy.

I like to start with vampire because he is defeated on the upper playfield ( seems the least risky to me) .Some shots can be made different ways . The Danesi lock can be hit 2 ways ,from main playfield or from exiting the upper playfield under the flipper . The center subway shot can be hit from the main playfield or from the upper exiting on the left lane drops the ball down into the subway. Good to know because these shots can help with some monsters .

2 weeks later
#4992 8 months ago

Just had a pretty decent game on the new code . 5 monsters started 3 monsters defeated.

8A51DD6C-9C7B-492E-AE1C-143906902E24 (resized).jpeg
#4993 8 months ago

Took a picture just before starting the Vampire . You can see that I defeated pit creature, Igor , and zombie because they are green insects is red because I failed to defeat them . When I took the picture I was one shot away from starting the vampire , the left orbit is lit because that is the one shot needed to navigate left to reach the monster . I started the vampire just after taking this picture and got one shot away from defeating him . Had I defeated him I think I would have beaten my personal best score on this game .

18D1945A-8C45-442C-882D-7E15A0EB1EE0 (resized).jpeg
#4995 8 months ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Thanks for your updates! Shooter wise are you having fun or is it a bit frustrating?

I am really liking it , the shots are tight for sure and can be frustrating at times but I have gotten them down pretty well . I will say that the frustration does lead to a more rewarding experience when you do have a good game (at least for me).Most important is the orbits because those start the search for the monster I have those down pretty good the secret passage I can hit from either flipper pretty consistent. The toughest shot for me is the right subway entrance that is through the Danesi lock just to the left of the right ramp . The modes on this game are really great and spread the shots around very nicely each mode uses a different set of shots to defeat the monster you are battling. What I really like is that one time you play the game you can battle some monsters, and next game battle different ones . Keeps it fresh and as a mediocre player I don’t feel as though I am missing out on anything the game has to offer (meaning if I never make it to the wizard mode I can at least choose modes and play them all over the course of several games ) I do also see making it the wizard mode as something that could be achieved by myself or a player of comparable abilities which keeps the game interesting for me and wanting to hit the start button again .

#4996 8 months ago

I would compare this game to Williams Indiana Jones as far as difficulty is concerned, modes are a bit easier to start on IJ but completing them seems about the same difficulty and I believe IJ has more modes . You must complete the modes on Alice Cooper though (so no just letting modes time out to start the next) I do see a player of my skill level making it to the end of Alice Cooper about as often as Eternal life multiball on IJ , which isn’t very often but is sure is awesome and rewarding when you do get there .

#5008 7 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Doug can you backhand that left orbit?

No , I can backhand the inner left orbit (secret passage ) , but not the left orbit.

#5010 7 months ago

I don’t claim to be good at pinball , only mediocre.

#5014 7 months ago

be seeing your mediocre high fivin muthaphukin ass soon buddy
and I might even decide to make a day trip down to Louisville next Saturday and see my bitch gryszzz

Mediocre high fivin !? No no no , I am great at high fivin (maybe the best ever).

#5023 7 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Almost a year ago us three were in Doug's room drinkin his stupid warm beer. Oh how I miss those days also I'm a pathological liar.

You going to MGC this year ?

#5080 7 months ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I think I explained it..all the extras add up. $125 in my mind might be better spent elsewhere. Everyone has a budget but you? I'll already be paying and arm & a leg for the machine. Just my thought process.

Silver vein looks really good on this game .If you don’t want options to add up too much on your game go with that . I got silver vein and I am very happy with it .

#5097 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay how do I start a mode? I see switching them by the center 3 bank and the orbits are lit, but shooting them doesn’t start the mode. Does it take like 3-4 shots to the orbit to start a mode?
If so, that stinks. Haha

Yeah 3 orbits starts the mode , but if you go left first then you need to go right . Or once you’ve hit one orbit you can open the secret passage by hitting the center stand ups 3 times , the secret passage is the inner orbit and that takes you directly to the monster . Also hitting a skill shot at the start of the ball will open the secret passage , one shot the to the secret passage (no need to hit an orbit first)starts the monster. The mystery award can start a mode for you also .

#5099 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Very unique. That will take getting used to.

It’s pretty cool , orbits are how you navigate through the castle , going through the rooms is worth more than going through the secret passage. You can pick up some extra points while in the dungeon by hitting the guillotine . Frankenstein’s monster is a mode that does not use the orbits to start . That is started by locking one ball hitting the left ramp , and locking the second ball using the left ramp on the upper playfield.

1 week later
#5161 7 months ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Will anyone be bringing one or two to MGC this year? Was hoping to get more time on it. My wife loves it and wants one, but I want to get more plays on it first.

You can come and play mine , if you’d like to get some time in on one in a home setting.

#5163 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I'm not buying this game now. My mistake. This locked in deposit strategy has worked this one time. Not gonna happen again.
So he can keep it.

Musketd was looking to buy a spot at a reduced price . You were selling your spot at a reduced price . You could sell your spot to him and recover some of your deposit .

1 week later
#5266 6 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I thought there was a magnet that saves the ball between the flippers. I dont think I have seen that yet integrated into the game. How is that activated?

Yes it has a magnet save , completing the lower in/outlanes activates it . Once you've collected the 4 lanes the 2 outlanes light up purple and the magnet will save your ball if drained through either outlane . It throws the ball back into play after it holds it for a little while .

2 weeks later
#5446 6 months ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I agree with you that the shot layout feels more satisfying over time. It is not simple!
I'm hopeful that when they play the game more, they'll recognize that the rules and battles vary and notice some of the other things intended to make the rules deep and interesting. The fact that they spent only 15 seconds on the code gives the impression it is shallow and bare-bones.

The rules are fantastic ! The monster modes are great . Each one has a unique feel to it and they utilize different shots on the playfield . The game also does a very good job of visually showing what you should be shooting for in each mode . Well done ,thank you.

#5480 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

They are both great games.

Yep that’s why I plan on getting Iron Maiden next . It will look good next to Alice Cooper.

#5508 6 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Does anybody know if there is a club for us Spook Show owners??? Looking for some Art blades,anybody know where ,or,if,they are sold???Thanks!!!

Here is a link to the Rob Zombie spook show thread. I don’t know about the art blades but someone there might.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/206#post-4823875

#5512 6 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Probably can’t go wrong with either. I’ve yet to see mirror blades not look good on a game. But I am going art blades on this one, mainly because I have mirrors on most of my other games and the side blades on this seem so well done.

The art blades match the theme and artwork of this game better than the mirror blades in my opinion. Seems as though the mirror blades do brighten up the game a little if that is a concern . I went with the art blades.

2 weeks later
#5532 5 months ago

The one point is for each monster that you’ve defeated .

1 month later
#5603 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Anybody having any reset issues?

No , I have never had any resets . I would think you have a loose connector somewhere to cause resets . Contact Spooky , they will help figure out issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chatham, MA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside