5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 7 years ago

Jetsons just doesn't feel like a Spooky theme to me.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Neither did dominos...

If this is Spooky game #3 then Domino's doesn't count.

1 month later
#230 7 years ago

Judging by Pinheck info posted on Ben Heck's website, Spooky's next game might be using a double high DMD 128x64 instead of the 128x32 currently used by AMH, RZ and Dominos.

Edit to clarify: not using an actual DMD but pixel height is being doubled from current games.

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wonder if that can be swapped into the older titles??

Probably wouldn't be worth the effort. Seems like it would mean redoing all the graphics/video and a bunch of backend programming to support it.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They already use a LCD don't they? I've never looked inside a RZ but does it have a custom size LCD or did they do like a Color DMD and cover part of the screen?

Yes, standard size laptop LCD similar to what ColorDMD uses. Sorry I didn't mean to write that they use an actual DMD.

#259 7 years ago

Just because more power is available, doesn't necessarily mean you should use it. Here's the Pinheck hardware guy's take on it:

Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

The system supports a color LCD DMD and has plenty of I/O. As long as Chuck doesn't do anything insane that needs more horse power it should last for awhile. I am against putting a computer with an OS inside a pinball machine. Maybe someday we will have to but we are going to get by as long as we can with talking to the metal

1 month later
#358 7 years ago

They also have another contract game in the works too, so out of their first 5 games technically only 3 of them are "Spooky" games.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What's the second contract theme,Title?

Not announced yet

1 month later
1 month later
#476 7 years ago

"Shocking" and apparently lightning or electricity going into fingertips... Frankenstein? Storm from X-Men? Count Dooku?

#477 7 years ago

Maybe it's Nikola Tesla's Shocking Pinball Adventure, complete with tesla coil wired into the flipper buttons to punish you for missing shots.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Are we still guessing?

Yes we are here to endlessly guess and speculate. Well, at least until the official announcement.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Another clue from Spooky. They post a picture showing what...a "dashboard" and "light".

That's not a clue, that's just a picture they took to show they are on their way to TPF.

#523 7 years ago

Paw Patrol Pinball has a nice ring to it.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Wish I didn't get that reference. I take it you've got a three year old as well?

Yes she is almost 3. You gotta love Paw Patrol or you won't survive it.

#657 7 years ago

You press the start button and...

FEEEED MYYYYYY FRANKENSTEEEEEEEIN!

#724 7 years ago

If this has a magnet I'm in

#820 7 years ago

When you press the start button they need to play the opening to this song:

1 month later
#911 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

When you press the start button they need to play the opening to this song:
» YouTube video

I still vote for this

1 month later
#919 6 years ago

I think it will have at least 1 magnet based on a certain someone's upvote on a previous post of mine

1 month later
#923 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Has it been confirmed that this game is using a Pinheck board?

I believe it will use a new revision of the Pinheck. Higher resolution dots too.

2 months later
#992 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The rules sound cool and I think it's a great idea to have to earn the songs. Very cool.
What does the REV 8 pinheck board add to this game? I imagine there are some improvements from REV 7? Maybe higher display resolution?

Per the Pinheck wiki the new A/V Kernel supports a 128x64 "double high" display. As far as the actual rev. 8 board, maybe benheck or LonghornEngineer can share some teaser details.

http://www.benheck.com/pinHeck_wiki/index.php/pinHeck_A/V_Kernel_3

Quoted from robertmee:

Hope this doesn't delay RZ code from being finalized, especially a working infection mode. We're a year removed from RZ being released, and while v20/21 was leaps and bounds above the early releases, there is still work to do.

He has already committed to making great RZ code and has been working at a good pace IMO. Don't rush the talent!

2 months later
#1006 6 years ago

Upper (lower?) playfield confirmed

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

And this seems to be a view from the other side of the skull... (i.e. through the mouth) ?!?

Looks like a similar opening to the mouth, but the playfield looks almost right next to it and can't be seen in the previous pic? Anyways I like these teaser pics so we can rack our brains.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What? This is new... Last we hear the next rev of the pinheck system was maxing at 128x64. Could they have added an additional video board?

Or "HD" could be referring to twice as many dots as before... will be interesting to see that's for sure!

2 weeks later
#1053 6 years ago

Wow so it's a full res display, not a double-high 2x res. version of the RZ screen. Awesome!

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I forget... is this one going to be limited quantity?
I ask b/c this is looking spectactular and well worth a large run if the rules and fun factor are there.

See post #1 - 500 games.

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

We also would need to figure out how to protect the software IP Spooky has created around the platform to prevent another incident.

2x02-adrift-cap290 (resized).jpg2x02-adrift-cap290 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hope it has several call outs by Alice Cooper himself in the game

I still want to hear this short soundbyte when pressing the start button (wishful thinking probably):

1 month later
#1402 6 years ago

Love the integration of the art with the left flipper button

#1519 6 years ago

Same time it is here - ALICE COOPER TIME

#1522 6 years ago

Podcast not streaming... hopefully any moment now

#1534 6 years ago

Bowen Kerins is a Spooky pinball employee as of today! Directing code, rules, etc.

1 week later
#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

For the people that ordered. Does the speaker grills and lights come on the machine? Also how are they taking payment (credit card, check, etc.)

Charlie said "Speaker grills are a temporary thing. Working on another design."

2 weeks later
#2399 6 years ago

Patience guys, MGC opens in 2 hours.

#2460 6 years ago

I love the spooky "hammered" powder or whatever it's called. Looks great on RZ and seems to be very durable, no scratches.

#2606 6 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Charlie... never put a spinning disk in your game.... Trust me.

Hey now - nothing wrong with spinning discs in general!

1 month later
#3131 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This does seem to be a recurring problem with new pinball companies (and on the Spooky games that I've seen (AMH, RZ)). They need to test and develop their games in a dark room to know what it will look like in all situations.

RZ was also a dark game by design. It's pretty easy to brighten any game up if it's too dark for your taste in stock form.

1 month later
#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does anyone have the link of the steam to rewatch it.

Not up yet, should be posted by tomorrow.

2 months later
#4133 5 years ago

Finally, the troll has been permanently ejected!

3 weeks later
#4282 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Found this video on YouTube . Looks like it was added recently . Although the footage looks like it was recorded in 17.

Interesting Youtube account. I am thinking the date on the video is just due to not being set properly, I don't think there were any flipping ACs in June 2017

1 month later
#4693 5 years ago

Frankmac "This game sucks! It sucks so much I can't help but repeat myself over and over again! I can't wait to buy it!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.