5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Why even announce this if it's "months away"? I would think that Dominos would be the focus right now.

Dominos was a contract and not targeted at the general pinball market.

Good idea to mention it now as very busy time with AFMR, Alien, and JJP3 all to be revealed at Expo.

#76 7 years ago

Iron Maiden pic on wall but think Stern have licence.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's the Jetsons. Confirmed.

That is my best guess right now as well.

Plenty of opportunity for flying saucers/robots etc etc

Jetsons_S2V1_f (resized).jpgJetsons_S2V1_f (resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He doesn't, and it won't.

You were saying?

Yes, JJP3 will be at Expo.....

2 months later
#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My money is still on Jetsons or Godzilla.

Jetsons a hot fav.

3 months later
#653 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

NEXT SPOOKY……..ALICE COOPER!!!

That's what Kaneda says!

It's been a rumor for a good few weeks now.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot_Scott:

Charlie said during the announcement that this isn't going to be a typical "greatest hits of the band" type of game. It's going to be more like an Elvira game with Alice Cooper providing the narration. He specifically said that "School's Out" would not be one of the songs included.

Great.

That is my favorite song and the only one that I 100% wanted in the game......

Anyway with 500 and one model there is going to be no panic buying so can sit back and watch.

2 weeks later
#890 6 years ago

Looking forward to the reveal and wondering what songs will be in the game?

Surely -

Welcome to my nightmare
Desperado
Poison

Backglass or rather this is a translite from Facebook.

Hope it's a real backglass again like RZ.

17951956_1401870673207489_125826788311670965_n (resized).jpg17951956_1401870673207489_125826788311670965_n (resized).jpg

8 months later
#1018 6 years ago

Who is doing code for this game?

2 weeks later
#1059 6 years ago

Screen is a massive improvement.

3 weeks later
#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The ‘Dragon’s Lair’ rooms sound intriguing. It will be cool if it manages to be s fun evolution in pinball rules.

Agree - really hope the rules are good as also agree with Ben that rules on RZ were pretty dull.

3 weeks later
#1417 6 years ago

Spooky are killing it this year!

#1450 6 years ago

Damn, if the code is good on this game, it might be a tough choice between Maiden and AC!

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Can't wait to see what Spooky cooked up today! I know someone else asked, but is anyone live streaming the reveal?!
Is PinballStar the only Spooky distributor? Love Joe and PinballStar, but I'd rather order out of state to cut the tax.
If the game is as good as the art we've seen so far, I'll be putting a deposit down ASAP.

Can someone put a link in this thread if there is any kind of live reveal?

#1556 6 years ago

Beyond huge to get Bowen on the team.

Code was my big question mark for Spooky games and really they just couldn't have done a better hire.

Amazed one of the other companies didn't grab him but it's a win for Spooky!

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Even at 500 units they WILL show up for sale often enough for those interested to buy one on the secondary market.
So I would advise not to get wrapped into the mindset of if I don’t buy it now I’ll never get a chance at one. That was my line of thinking when I bought RZ. If I would have waited I could have purchased one cheaper.
I know the haters will say that’s because RZ sucks but I diasagree wholeheartedly. It’s not for everyone but I find it fun.
So far the game looks cool but hard to say where it’s going. With Spooky dedication and with Bowen to help outnumbered I’m sure if will come out great but it still won’t be for everyone.
I’m hoping Bowen might take a look at RZ and maybe have a couple ideas for it! Probably just wishful thinking but ya never know.

The RZ code was what let it down in my opinion. It just wasn't polished in a way that was fun.

It's super hard designing great rulesets and this is why Lyman is so revered.

If Spooky get great code on this game, they will sell 500 because people won't want to sell them.

Adding Bowen now gives them a fantastic opportunity to create a really polished, fun, addictive ruleset.

1 week later
#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The video was really bad. In person, the game shoots well and lots to shoot at.
I played a bunch of 1 ball games on it and each one I just focused on hitting each shot. They all feel good and are smooth when you hit them. Appropriately tight shots in my opinion.
I dont think there is much code on the current prototypes as they just switch from the old board system to P-roc system the week before TPF. My assumption is that it will be equal quality to TNA since all the same components (are they using the Danesi base box?).

Have to agree and I don't like being negative as it should be a great game.

That video should not have gone out as it did nothing to highlight any of the game's selling points.

I would get another one done ASAP!

3 weeks later
#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Yikes, those callouts are BORING. C'mon Spooky...fix that. Even if you have to limit the number of callouts. I wouldn't pretend to know how many will be required for the final product, but give us a couple dozen dark/intense callouts rather than hundreds of what sounds like AC reading the phonebook. If AC can't/won't redo them, get a pro voice actor and redo them I say. AC has his name and face all over the machine but that doesn't mean it has to be *his* voice on the callouts. Just send him a polite apology letter that he was "fired" and a new set of golf clubs and he'll probably have a good laugh about it. That dude is pretty chill.
Do a poll, offer a sample of the existing callouts and ask the public what they think. Give the people what they want!

I would just ask him to do them in the style of the opening of Poison - that's kind of how I imagined they would be done. Of course he can do them in this style but maybe the ship has already sailed.

#2581 5 years ago

I have now watched soooo many Bowen tutorials and this guy knows his games inside out and what it takes to make a game great. Having him on the team was a masterstroke.

Prediction.

In a year or so, Bowen will do a tutorial on finished ( or near finished ) code and suddenly everyone will want the game, which will have sold out!

2 weeks later
#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[[From FB]]:
Since Pinfestival May 4th & 5th 2018 is getting an Alice cooper, here's a not so quick guide.
Keep in mind, this game had to be rewritten from scratch starting in February. For 4 months of code there is a ton of stuff.
SKILLSHOT
Launch the ball and attempt to shoot the 3 center targets for a normal skillshot, or shoot up the ramps for a super. Key note, on the left side just tripping the opto isn't enough, You have to get the ball locked to get the super. Right side, you just trigger the opto.
ROOM TRAVEL
After skillshot you need to travel rooms to make your way to the monster.
You can select the monster you want to battle by shooting the center 3 target. This will cycle through the available monsters.
As soon as you shoot one of the outside orbits you lock in your monster and get into the first room. See the image attached for the room diagram.
In each room there are items you can collect that will help with your monster battle later on. Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. I need to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually.
BALL3GIMME
If a player doesn't reach a monster at some point in their game; launching the 3rd ball will put you in the monster room that was currently selected.
MYSTERY AWARDS
Shoot the middle scoop (left of 3 center targets) to build mystery. When the award is ready the left scoop arrow will do a color cycle animation to indicate its ready to collect. Right now there is only 1 award for 10k. We have several awards that will make there way in. Just not in time for this show.
CRYPT MB
Drop the lower drop targets to get to the right scoop, shoot scoop x+1 times to start mode. This will be available at any time as to help with monster fights. When mode starts you will need to shoot the scoops to collect ghosts to put back in the crypt. This mode is not complete.
FRANK MB
Shoot left left via left ramp into physical lock. Then get to upper playfield and knock down the drop target n+1 times to start Frank MB. This mode will block the start of any other monster, and can be started as many times as you are able to.
UPPER LANES
This activate an EOB multiplier . Typically this would be an automatic increase, but for Alice, this will activate the increase multiplier target just above the right outlanes.
COMBOS
For now there are only 3. Shoot left outside orbit/ inside left orbit to activate. then shoot those same ones and/or left ramp to collect. Combo mode is still being worked on.
SUPER SPINNER
Shoot the spinner, not much to say about that other than its activated after about 40 spines then there it ended after no activity over a certain about of time.
SUPER SLINGS
Same deal as spinners.. but you have to hit the slings about 5 times within x amount of seconds for it to activate.
BALL SAVES
Ball save is activated when you complete the 4 lanes. Except this time, the outside lanes are lit up purple'ish for about 45 seconds. Draining on the outside lane activates the drain magnet and will fling the ball back up the playfield, or at least is should. This mod is being coined Mag-Neat-O save.
This is getting too long. I'll post each monster battle under their own post.
ACNC part 2, monsters
FRANK see first post
ETHYL
Get to upper playfield, drop ball behind first drop target. Another ball ejects. Shoot first lower drop target to release, then keep shooting the drop targets/scoop to collect jackpots. If you drop the ejected ball in from the balcony while ethyl is still locked, you will advance the jackpot amount and do a "lock swap". Mode ends when you drain one of the balls.
IGOR
Gotta find igor ("lost in America") one of the arrows is Igor. This is round based, first round is 3 arrow, he is behind one of them. When you find him, the arrows expand out to 4.. so on and so forth. This goes on till all arrows are lit up. Once found in the last round, you will go into frenzy mode. Mode ends when timer runs out on frenzy or you drain.
VAMPIRE
Get to upper playfield. Stake/dismember the vampire by hitting the target against the backboard. Once dismembered a final shot around the outside obit puts you into Frenzy. Mode ends when timer runs out on frenzy or you drain. If mode ends during frenzy, there is one final hurryup collect that becomes available. Collect by hitting the hurryup target.
This hurryup will be implemented on all the other modes and will act the same way when frenzy timer ends. Just not ready for the show.
ALICE
Get to upper playfield and shoot past guillotine 2 times. The guillotine lowers a bit. Shoot a 3rd time to capture the ball in the guillotine. Theatrics play and Alices head gets chopped off. This mode is not complete and will act like the other when it comes to frenzy.
WOLF
Complete combos to shoot the werewolf.
ZOMBIE
Mode not implemented yet. But this will have a roaming shot you need to complete.
INSECT
When mode starts all target shots flicker. You need to hit all those shots to squash the bugs (graphics are not in yet). Complete all the targets to go into frenzy.
PITCREATURE
Not implemented yet. But will involve finding the pitcreature in one of the scoops.
BILLION DOLLAR BABY
Wizard mode, not implemented yet. But becomes available when you complete all other modes. This mode will be what is says and will have billion point shots.

Billion Dollar Baby sounds awesome.

I can't be the only one that favors high scoring games, it just 'feels' more rewarding.

1 month later
#3132 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Maybe Steve just meant the theme is Dark is in evil and scary and such?
I did not think the colors where too dark. You can tell that the play field color palette was chosen with this in mind.
You want to see dark, go play an Alien!

Steve works for Stern - I wouldn't expect praise

1 month later
#3678 5 years ago

Animations are superb.

Looks like it will be fun to play.

Shots are very tight.

Bowen helping on the code should ensure that the game is balanced and that the rules match the difficulty of the layout.

1 month later
#4020 5 years ago

Having Bowen on this game is huge.

Look at all his tutorial videos - he totally understands what features and hooks make games great, from a player's perspective.

He is the number one reason I am following this game.

1 month later
#4497 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I can’t understand this fascination with making your pinball machines as bright as all f**k.
Aren’t you guys eating your carrots or something?
When I heard Marty from H2H say he put those pinstadiums on his GOT I had to scratch my head. That game is so bright standard you need RayBans to play the thing! Steve Bowden literally wears sunglasses when he plays that game.
Whatever floats your boat I guess.
If I’m having trouble seeing the ball, I have a cheap and easy solution for it.
rd[quoted image]

Ha ha!

Putting pinstadiums on GOT is insanity as the game is already as bright as the sun as it is

Anyone remember the term 'ambient lighting'?!

3 weeks later
#4612 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think using the ones digit as an indicator for a major milestone is brilliant. I expect that to be copied quite heavily.

Nice that this is being used...... again.

Wayne Neyens used dual scoring in the 50's, so a player went for single points or millions of points.

1 month later
#4901 5 years ago

Really looking forward to play this game.

Yes, in an ideal world, there would be better flow.

But, getting Bowen was a genius move.

Watching the recent video, I can already see the difference Bowen is making.

It's no co-incidence that some of the best coded games are coded ( or they design the rules - Elwin ) by some of the world's best players.

2 months later
#5246 4 years ago

Bowen has transformed this game into something special.

Would rather have this than a Munsters or Yellow Woz!

It's the code that is shaping up to be special.

The huge hurry up's that are based on how you have played the mode.

And the huge scores if you defeat the monsters quickly.

And the different ways you can play the game.

Think all 500 will be made for sure.

I want one and it's because Bowen is turning this into a great game.

Bowen is what Lyman is to Stern, and what Keith is to JJP.

#5252 4 years ago

Love the risk/reward on the wizard mode.

Can't think of another game where you can take say 300 million or keep playing on to try to get billion!

1 week later
#5365 4 years ago

How to get rid of ambience!

Modern games just don't need pinstadiums.

But people love shiny new things so it figures I guess.

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I played Alice at TPF, expo and now with a friends game. Fun game. It's dark. My opinion is it is a better experience with better lighting, I put pinstadiums on my Rob Zombie, it was either that or sell it. Glad I did. I wont however go downvote every person who enjoys the additional lighting, seems pretty strange to go that far to feel better about your own opinion.

It's probably because pinstadiums have been spammed to death on so many threads that many of us are a bit fed up of the relentless marketing.

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I really wasn't trying to "promote" pinstadiums. I really wanted other to know. The difficulty in hooking them up to ACNC. It is not your normal GI and Flasher game.
The game is great, and that's not just me being a Alice Fan.... "So it's got to be good". I also don't think Charlie would want me to blow smoke up his butt. He deserves honest comments and answers. He is trying to make a better product. If you really look at the game. Spooky has come leaps and bounds. When you get your game just open it up and look.
There are still things I don't like. But man, talk about coming a long way. The proc menu is great. The servo video posted above really answered lots of questions about that. And fixed my ball getting caught issue. Thanks Charlie for posting that.
The game needed some tweeks. Every game does. Not everything goes together the same on these. Hell I had to tweek my munsters even more then this game. Flipper adjustments is mandatory, at least on mine it was.
Shots are still tight, but soooo stasfying when you hit them. This is not a cake walk game and will be a come back again and again game in a home setting.
You as a player have to learn the shots, they are not just cookie cutter shots in the same layout as other games. Errrr stern. This is truly a unique design and applaud Charlie for trying different things.
OK off my soapbox for now. Anybody got any real questions. Pm me or ask away. Or anyone want a certain picture of something, just ask.
Magicchiz

I was just trying to explain why you got downvotes - nothing to do with you. It's just the way they have been marketed.

As for the game - it's getting better and better with each code update.

By far, Spooky's best game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.