5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Meatloaf is one of my favorite Pandora stations. SPOOKY MEATLOAF CONFIRMED?????

It would be better if you did one based on his son-in-laws band.

rd

1 week later
#322 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Yea but big tits are always a crowd pleaser.

True!

I'm thinking something B Movie Horror ...
- Texas chainsaw
- Friday the 13th

That sort of thing.

rd

2 weeks later
#376 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wouldn't the Meatloaf pin have to be a wide body though?

Make it Hercules size!

rd

1 year later
#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Exactly. The low guys (seems like 20-30% of pin heads) cant afford these games. Id have to sell them all to fund 1 NIB. Just doesnt line up.

I think you have that backwards.

While Pinside discussions (and the majority of pinball podcasts) seem to focus on the “shiny new toys”, rest assured that the majority of the people in this hobby are buying used games, not NIB ones.

I would flip your equation around and say 20% of pinballers are NIB buyers and 80% are not. Think of the 100s of used pins sold every day on Craigslist etc vs the relatively few that are manufactured every day.

Now, back to Alice! Just a shame I can’t make TPF this year to check it out.

rd

1 month later
#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

That Fire Alarm topper looks amazing!

haha you beat me to it ....

rd

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Is Alice Cooper autographing those translates? If so how do you get one?

I heard that the Spooky distributors in each country got one with their machine!!

Booooom!

Well, I didn’t hear that, but one can hope ....

rd

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I see it now. 500 is not "limited" in any way whatsoever, like every other pin manufacturer. I guess that's the point

Quoted from iceman44:

OT limited when they stop at 500. But whatever you think.

WTF Icey old mate!

Put down that drink!

The are only making 500 machines. That is the actual dictionary definition of the word “Limited”

limited [lim-i-tid]
- adjective
- confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed:
ie a limited space; limited resources.

In this case “limited production”

Don’t get that confused with the JJP/Stern definition of “limited” which really means “deluxe version” AKA “screw a few dollars more shit into a machine and sell it for $1000s more by creating an illusion of scarcity”.

rd

#1663 6 years ago

RD is the New Zealand distributor!

Send money now!

So we can get in an early run.

Added bonus: free beer with every ACNC ordered this month.

rd

C4779535-CE30-4D52-9B4D-503985E18325 (resized).jpegC4779535-CE30-4D52-9B4D-503985E18325 (resized).jpeg

#1844 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would think Spooky is planning on doing a twitch reveal of ACNC before accepting the "non refundable deposits"?

I believe there will be a Danger stream as soon as possible.

rd

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Just so the locals know there will eventually be a TNA and Alice Cooper at Lyons Classic Pinball. They will be our first Spooky Pinballs. Great job at the TPF Charlie , KT and crew.

Surprised you haven’t got a Rob Zombie, Kevin. That’d be right in your wheelhouse ....

rd

#2269 5 years ago

If you are an Alice fan, or have a passing interest in rock/entertainment, I heartily recommend the documentary SuperMensch, which is about Alice’s manager, Shep Gordon.

I bought the DVD over a year ago. Finally got around to watching it last night, and it’s a great doco.

rd

Edit: just listened to Spooky Podcast and Chuck mentioned it’s on Netflix.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I watched that also and agree what an interesting documentary it is. I had never heard of Shep Gordon before but wanted to meet and shake his hand after watching it.

I know the story but I still learnt heaps from the doco.

The way Shep lives his life should be a template for everyone. (You’ll have to watch it to know what I’m talking about...)

rd

#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I really hope it's going to be a manual plunger, but every picture of the game I've seen has had that ugly yellow "Launch Ball" button. It was almost a deal breaker for me as I feel like pins should all be plunged manually. If it was an add on option I'd pay extra for a manual plunger instead I'd definitely go for it.

Depends where the ball goes when it’s launched.

If it’s something like Dr Who, it may as well be a coil fire.

rd

2 weeks later
#2656 5 years ago

I would concur. In fact, all you really need after 200 plays is a good spray of Simple Green and a wipe down.

Then apply some wax if you want to (I don’t ...)

I don’t cut and polish my car every month. I appreciate some people do ... but you do not need to.

I love a good car-analogy.

As a guide, when I see ball tracks starting at the lane guides, that’s when it gets a clean.

If the PF goes dull, that’s when it gets a good polish.

rd

#2679 5 years ago

Those numbers indicate some good sales.

I’m 90 and 91.

Full steam ahead Team Spooky.

Just to finish the Novus discussion:

Novus has been used for a long time. It’s actually a plastic polish.

Playfields are finished with car clear.

It makes sense to me to use car products on car clear. So I use Mequiers or similar products and 3m cut and polish stuff.

Nothing wrong with Novus at all - I just prefer the car stuff. If it’s designed to work on $100,000 cars (and they don’t get sued) then it’s good for my playfields.

rd

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So why you use Simple Green?

Cause Simple green is the shit!

Removes the ball marks sweetly.

And oh so handy around the house.

rd

1 week later
#2794 5 years ago

Quite often at shows, the line voltage is low due to all the current draw from all the pins plugged in and running.

I know that’s always been an issue at Expo in Wheeling.

Flipper power has never been an issue on any Spooky pin to date.

rd

3 weeks later
#3010 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I don't see you guys doing anything to keep any conversation going. Yet I have been on top of this thing. Keeping it in the eye of the pinside beholders at the top. So ok lets just let it slide down to pinside purgatory.

I don't know if it needs to be bumped up all the time.

They've sold the majority of the 500 games (looks like it anyway) and there is not much news to report ...

Bowen Kerins has one at his house ... so you may see some rules ideas coming up on his Facebook.

Otherwise ... stand by for the first production games to be made in a month or two.

rd

1 month later
#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Genuinely didn't need to know that.
I also don't remember owning suspenders. I do remember having hair. Vaguely.

Those suspenders are pretty bitchin.

rd

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Plus opposite of what you hear many of that 1% work extremely hard for what they have and pay the vast majority of taxes that pays for everything in this country.

Not to derail the mighty Suspenders from the 90s thread, but I had to check that out.

It’s actually closer than I thought.

(Pasted)

- In 2014, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.3 percent of all individual income taxes while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.7 percent.

-The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (39.5 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.1 percent).

-The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 27.1 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.5 percent).

So, the top 1 don’t pay a majority of taxes, but they sure do pay a heap. If you changed to the top 10%, according to the above it would mean the 10% pay 70% of the tax.

When I studied the tax intake a little while back, I was very surprised how little tax the huge corporations pay in the USA compared to the individual taxpayers. They clearly have very good tax accountants.

Meanwhile, back in Benton ....

3A99812D-B11A-4736-A309-BF20457D3F7A (resized).jpeg3A99812D-B11A-4736-A309-BF20457D3F7A (resized).jpeg

Also: I have 5 Spooky pins ordered for NZ and everything looks like it’s running right on track to me.

rd

#3408 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep, and I still won that dollar game ,despite the efforts of another player to ruin my good round .

Dug for the win!

rd

1 week later
#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone know if the game at pinburgh had the latest code? Seemed really lacking and about the same as it was at Texas. I'm also yet to see anyone be able to hit it up the ramp on the upper playfield, even with a solid shot.

I saw the ball going up there often. I played the RnR Hall of Fame one today and no problems there either.

I understand that there is newer code on the game that will be shown tonight.

rd

#3544 5 years ago

I know for a fact that particular game was built TODAY.

Maybe not ideal for a stream - but it is what it is.

I played 2 different ACNC in the last two days ... yes, shots are tight but very makeable. If you want an easy game with no challenge, that’d be a bit boring wouldn’t it?

Had no problems making the top playfield from either ramp.

rd

#3548 5 years ago

I’m not watching the stream - I waited an hour but had to leave the hotel to eat some food.

My takeaway from quite a few plays over the weekend -

- killer artwork. Way better than the pictures. That cartoon style isn’t my type of artwork but it really looks good. Both PF and Cab look great.

- display looks awesome. Awesome cartoon graphics 100% in tune with the theme.

- sound - the Pinburgh one was quite quiet, but the RNR Hall of Fame one was louder. What I heard sounded really good.

- gameplay - as I said, shots are tight, but makeable. “Play better” and you can make them. I fully realise that a lot of guys in this hobby don’t want to “get better” .. that’s over to you. I prefer a game that challenges me to be a better player. If a game doesn’t do that, it goes out the door pretty quick.

- castle looks really cool.

Happy with my order, and look forward to receiving it.

rd

#3671 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

tilts and very short ball times.

Karl’s a top player ... that machine is set up competition tough.

You could drop the side posts and loosen that tilt a lot and it’d be a longer player by miles.

rd

#3725 5 years ago

Sold another ACNC in NZ.

That’ll be 4x ACNC coming on NZ - more than WOZ, Hobbit, DI and probably some of the stern pins.

Thanks to NZ customers for supporting Spooky!

rd

#3732 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He'd probably sell more if he stayed home instead of running all over the US taking pictures.

That’s what email is for.

rd

1 week later
#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd also like the door done, and a 'hammered' blue most of all.

PC coin doors generally look rank in my opinion.

Have a look at the Powdercoat thread and you’ll see some shockers. Rarely does it look good.

rd

2 months later
#4373 5 years ago

Why anyone would waste the energy going into a thread to negatively comment on something they’re not remotely interested in buying blows my mind.

What a complete waste of life.

Life is finite. Do something positive with it.

rd

#4437 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

but to have to listen to the whole song? and if you don't finish the mode do you hear it all again?

Yep. Sorta like every pin ever made.

Pin designers must be driven insane.

“Not enough music! It’s shit! Needs more songs!”

“Too much music! It’s shit! Needs less songs!”

Aiiiiii

rd

#4495 5 years ago

I can’t understand this fascination with making your pinball machines as bright as all f**k.

Aren’t you guys eating your carrots or something?

When I heard Marty from H2H say he put those pinstadiums on his GOT I had to scratch my head. That game is so bright standard you need RayBans to play the thing! Steve Bowden literally wears sunglasses when he plays that game.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

If I’m having trouble seeing the ball, I have a cheap and easy solution for it.

rd

D454CAFA-5FBE-4FA7-8FE5-7C730AB3B0C4 (resized).jpegD454CAFA-5FBE-4FA7-8FE5-7C730AB3B0C4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4534 5 years ago

I like the standard finish. Nice rippled grey.

Matches the other Spookys too.

But each to their own. It’s great to have a choice!

rd

3 months later
#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Patience is a virtue!

One which few seem to have in this hobby ....

rd

1 week later
#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

As a GenX-er who sells what are essentially toys to an increasing Millennial market who often expect us to sell things at a loss and ship them to outer nowhere at our loss/expense due to the current marketplace...we live in times that somebody who has lived through retail of the 70's through the 00's has difficulty understanding

I had no trouble understanding it - I’d been retailing for 25 years and in 2008-2010 I could see the writing on the wall for old fashioned “ma and pa” retail - so I bailed. Best thing I ever did.

PS - just received a note that the 4 New Zealand games are ready to hit the line. Nice.

PPS - I have a feeling Magicchiz will turn into MagicJizz when he gets his game. Excitement overload!

rd

1 week later
#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Their "review" makes it pretty clear that they did not even play the game enough to actually do a review

I concur. I’ve seen some of their stuff and generally it’s well done - but you can’t give a game a proper review after one or two games.

These days an online review can sink/save a movie/pinball/car/whatever ... the average person these days is so influenced by other people’s opinions (why, I do not know ...) so it’s important to make the effort to actually do it properly.

IMO

rd

#5448 4 years ago

I think these days, there are so many podcasts and they are all looking for new content and new things to say ... and some “breaking news!” that will pump their show up ...

At the end of the day, there’s only so much pinball stuff you can crap on about ...

In saying that, the podcasters wield so much influence on this hobby - JJP has figured that out as you can see with his launch of Wonka. And the coverage is all FREE. And as we have seen this week, it is not very hard to whip some people in this hobby into a buying frenzy. Very clever from Jack.

rd

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

yeah, I won't be beating that.

Shame!

rd

6F94CC8E-581E-4CE1-BED2-3DD006D2749D.gif6F94CC8E-581E-4CE1-BED2-3DD006D2749D.gif
2 months later
#5619 4 years ago

7 very happy kiwi Spooky customers about to get their pins ....

Well, actually 8 ... as I sourced a HUO TNA in Los Angeles for another dude who missed out on a new one ....

rd

9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
#5620 4 years ago

And some good Spooky swag for the punters who come to the ACNC launch party in a couple of weeks ....

rd

BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpegBDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
#5621 4 years ago

ACNC #90 set up in Auckland.

rd

5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Curious - now that you have dug in - thoughts on the game?

I’m not a big pin review guy ... what I like, you may not, etc etc ... but what the hell....

I like it.

Game is tough. I think too tough for some. But that’s what I like. I want a game to be a challenge. Like RZ .. getting to the end of that game is a real exercise in ball control and skill, both things I need to work hard to achieve lol .. so when you get there, you have a real level of achievement.

I think Bowen/Fawz have done a good job of making modes accessible to beginner/average players. I had communicated my concerns to Bowen that the game (as I played it last year) was too hard for the average player, and I feared most wouldn’t be able to even start a mode. I pushed that a mode be active at the start of each ball like on most Sterns.

They addressed this by making it easier to access the “secret passage” shortcut to start a mode. That is still an intermediate skill level thing imo ... but seeing as most ACNC will be in houses, that works ok I guess.

The video graphics are great, as everyone knows.

The songs all seem to suit each mode. I’m not an Alice guy (I saw him once in concert, he puts on a great show..) but like every good music pin, you end up singing along to the tunes.

I only put about a dozen games on it before I left, got 6 monsters in on one game. It’s quite a long player when you get your shots dialed in. I think you’ll either have 2 minute games or 30 minute games depending on how you’re playing lolll

rd

#5626 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Speaking of average players - this is the latest in our effort - and we love the game too! I subsequently dialed up the upper flipper to 15 and that ramp shot to start Frankenstein is much easier.

I made 2x adjustments.

I also pumped up the top flipper one or two numbers ... and I dialed back the scoop one or two numbers. It was firing out of there like a rocket.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.